TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Purple – Happy 10 weeks!!! :happydance: :thumbup: I’m excited about the trip too - coming June 7th – June 17th, classes June 11 – 15th. So glad your cold :sick: is on its way out, now so you can go see your daddy! I hope your dad is getting along as well as can be expected during this chemo cycle :flower: (& pleeaassee don’t leave! :hugs: ). Don’t worry, I’m OK, just working my hiney off! :winkwink: You’re so sweet to ask/worry :hugs:

Dwrgi – mmmm – cider sounds delish! So does the “f**k it” pub! :drunk::haha: (you’ll have to tell me where that is so I can visit? :haha: ) Hope you had a great time! But it sounds like you can have a “blast” right at home with all the burping & farting going on around there! :sick: :haha: Very interested in these immune tests – Please let us know when done & what they were! Big :hugs:

Dashka – glad to make a sister laugh –Lord knows we ALL need it! (daily if poss.). It sounds like you did ov (+OPKs & EWCM) AND that you ov’d later than usual –yay! :happydance: Don’t worry about the twinges,cramps. I barely ever notice them myself & I know I’m ov’ing & then some people don’t feel them at all. I never felt them before TTC at all either. FX you caught the eggy & lots & lots of :dust::dust: coming your way!

LadyH – hopefully you get the hang of the CBFM soon (or it gets the hang of you). Are you also going to poas same time? Have a FAB 2 days off this week, lucky girl!

Carole – thank you for that wonderful post. :thumbup: We need them here!

Frolicky – wow, that’s SO interesting, I had no idea! It sounds to me like that works out great for everyone involved & having a well-off KD/parent is always very reassuring for your little one-to-be’s future – college is very expensive these days! How many DPO are you now? FX & :dust:!

Asry – Oh, girl – just said some prayers for you so I hope they come your way before Wed. u/s! Just realized that’s tomorrow – FX, FX, FX & [-o<[-o<[-o< & good vibes & a major "grow follies GROW"!!! :flower:

DrS – hoping that you get more follies! And everyone is different – some people really just rather do things on their own, no complications of the DH sort, so it’s a decision that’s entirely up to you & what you really want. A lady at work turned 39 (10 yrs ago), got to pick out her donor :spermy: of all the traits she liked & now has a whiz kid who travels the country playing chess & has gotten straight A’s all his life, is good kid, etc. FX for you! (P.S. – ob u/s has to = torture! :nope: ) :(

HA – sorry for :af::witch: :( But, on the bright side it sounds like you are a woman with a plan & ready to roll-on #2! Take this next month & have some fun – the kind you can’t have when preggers! Glad you got a great book, too. I bet you’ll be finished it way ahead of 4/30 :thumbup: (were you the one I read had MTHFR?)

Agape – I know it’s hard, honey. GL & :dust:

Missy – Yes. Yo ushould definitely say f*ck you to the biological clock & celebrate your bday like never before! I want to hear you all the way down here in Florida :winkwink: So HOPE you have a nice birthday present to go w/the nice new vibe you have – FX & :dust:!!!

Rottpaw – :hi: & thank you for your positive post & prayers for us! Gosh, #2 – you have to be ecstatic!!! :happydance:

Manuiti – wow, sounds like you are right in the midst of it all! I’m really glad you learned to chillax & take it easy & yes, that apt. sounds like such a better option than hotels & flying all the time (stress in itself & you need to keep yours low!) Sounds like left is taking the lead on this one – FX! Let us know what happens Thursday :thumbup:

Hello to Twinks, Never, Butterfly & anyone else I missed – sorry! Big :hugs: & :dust: all around (I’m buying this round!)

Whew! Sorry it’s taken me so long to catch up so as I’m writing this last bit I just realized it’s 11:30pm & I have to get my butt to :sleep:. I will be MIA for a while for the coming week too. Working 12-hour days this week (big case) & most of next week plus trying desperately to get my house ready for my sister, hubby & kids – all comin in on Thurs morning. DH is not being helpful :nope: :grr: Very high-energy/stressed this week & "trying not to be"... Aye-carumba :dohh: (ommm, ommm, ommm…) [-o< :winkwink:

Anyway, I’ll post more tomorrow, I promise! Got my test results back Monday but don’t have enough time to post about me :haha:. Oh well – nite, nite & big :hugs:!

did my last gonal f shot today. mostly used syringes but had to get a pen when i went to san jose.. tonight i did the 2nd shot with the pen. noticed when i pulled it out the needle was bent like 90 degrees.. oops. didnt see anything shoot out of the skin so i guess it wasnt a big deal. left a round mark on my skin,. trigger in almost an hour then iui on thursday

Thanks Missy and Lilsulz....

I won't be testing anymore until I go back to Dr on the 17th. Good luck to us all!

:hugs:Morning girls :coffee: I will be off to my U/S in 2 hours, I'm not feeling positive about the growth of the folly :nope: but you know I'll let you know soon :haha:

Rottpaw - thank you so much for sharing your story! That always inspires us like Missy said :hugs: we need to get more of those, so bring on the spring 2012 BFP's!!!! :happydance:
Agape - :hugs: for you if you're feeling bit down :hugs:

HA- happy that you are on your way to ivf #2 , good to have a plan and something to focus on huh? Last one you almost made it so this time it'll be it!!!:thumbup:
Dwirgi - I'm also interested of those immunesystem-things, so if you find anything interesting please share with us. How are you anyways? :hugs:Are you a cider fan also? My favorite cider is dry apple from Crowmoore omnomn :beer:
LilS- you're working too much:jo:! Hope you get some good relaxation time when easter arrives, do you have days off then?

Ok, I know I'm missing a lot of you sweeties, but I need to get myself ready to go spread my legs again =D>

:hugs: to you all! Have a great wednesday!!

adding to my needle saga. realized i forgot to get needles and syringes for the trigger.. found i had 1 left from last time.. yay.. found out i dindt have any little needles.. boo. was gonna try transfering it to a gonal syringe but didnt wanna risk making a mess (and an ineffective trigger).. youch 22ga for the trigger. me no like

ouch for the big needles DrS!! :hugs:

LadyH - I took the C0Q10 continuouslt and stopped once I got bfp. from what I have read it's not recommeded afterwards (in pregnancy) but but early on the embryo is self supporting until the placenta etc develops so once you get your bfp you have time to stop and still be safe :)

good luck with IUI ladies - Im thinking about you and hoping for you today and in the next days !!

Angela - thank you for sharing! It just proves that some tests are not the "be all and end all" doesn't it :hugs: how exciting to be pregnant with no. 2!!

Asry-good luck with the dropping and spreading them! Hope that follie is growing nicely!! GL and FX to you! :flower::flower:

Dr Squid-why are these injections so complicated? GL to you too! Third time lucky hopefully! x

Purple-:flower:

Lil-the pub is the village pub. It's okay, full of old people but occasionally has events like bbqs and parties. It's only five minutes walk from the house, so we tend to go there rather than getting a taxi and then a train into Cardiff. The main thing, it serves cider, so I'm happy!! :haha: So glad that you got your trip booked-my gosh, I didn't realise it was soooo soon! You must be so excited. Give us a shout if you need any more help with the planning! Hope you get your house sorted, but try not to wear yourself out! xxx :thumbup:

Manuiti-it's defo more to do with quality and not quantity, so try not to worry about 'only' having 5 follies. GL, I shall be thinking of you! Keep the protein and water intake up! xx

Butterfly-:thumbup::thumbup:

Carole-:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Rottpaw-if you don't mind me asking, how did you succeed in getting preggers? Did you have IVF, or did you have immunes testing, or just luck?? Am so intrigued, as your story gives us all hope! :thumbup::flower:

Dashka-sorry to hear that you're going to be super busy. Hope you manage to rest in the evening! Thinking of you and hoping that nasty virus has well and truly gone! :flower:

Agape-good luck with your appointment on 17th. Good to have something in place that will bring you closer to your BB! x

Sally-hello!

Missy, HA and everybody else-big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - I think Rottpaw was trying natrually - from what Ive read on Grads thread. it just shows doesn't it!

Hi ladies - sorry for such a big/long post last night! :nope: Once I start writing its hard to stop sometimes, but I should have broken it up...

Asry - please let us know what happened. I realized in my post that my "tomorrow" was your morning :dohh: but I got the prayers in anyway :winkwink: It's already happened but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

DrS - good luck today!

Dwrgi - I MUST try a cider when I get there :thumbup: I'm going to start planning again after the holidays. I'm glad you moved your appt back. It will give you "some time" :hugs:

Purple - good morning lil mama! :hugs:

HA – sorry for :af::witch: :( But, on the bright side it sounds like you are a woman with a plan & ready to roll-on #2! Take this next month & have some fun – the kind you can’t have when preggers! Glad you got a great book, too. I bet you’ll be finished it way ahead of 4/30 :thumbup: (were you the one I read had MTHFR?)

Yes, I am heterozygous MTHFR, meaning one of my two copies of the MTHFR gene is mutated. Roughly 40-50% of the population is hetero MTHFR. Only homozygous MTHFR, when both copies of the gene are mutated, has been linked to recurrent mc - it causes high serum levels of homocysteine, which causes clotting problems and interferes with the absorption of folic acid. Because the homocysteine level matters more than the actual MTHFR mutation, and because almost half the population is heterozygous, a lot of drs don't check for the MTHFR mutation at all but only measure your blood homocysteine level instead.

did my last gonal f shot today. mostly used syringes but had to get a pen when i went to san jose.. tonight i did the 2nd shot with the pen. noticed when i pulled it out the needle was bent like 90 degrees.. oops. didnt see anything shoot out of the skin so i guess it wasnt a big deal. left a round mark on my skin,. trigger in almost an hour then iui on thursday

So jabbing the needle into your abs of steel bent the needle, that's all! :winkwink:

Lils - I am happy it's not just me that get's confused, I write good luck tomorrow, or "any news today" etc and then realise that Im a day ahead or behind and what Ive written doesn't make sense!!

Dwrgi - what sort of cider do you like??
I admit Ive been quite partial to pear ciders in the past yummy!!

:hi: all you wonderful ladies! OK, I'll try to explain what I have found out bc maybe this will help or be educational to one of you? (PLEASE learn from my mistakes so I feel better about myself! :haha: )

Anyway, some of you may know about this, some not, but I found out I have clotting problems due to a compound heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation – one copy of the gene mutation C677T & one copy of the gene mutation A1298C. (You can probably imagine the word that came to my mind after seeing the acronym! :haha: - so immature, I know but that’s what I’m calling it bc I wouldn’t be able to pronounce it if I tried… :shrug::haha: )

So, on a list of “severity” it’s #2 out of 5 mutations or combinations thereof. I don’t have elevated cysteine (thank God) but I have elevated thrombosis antigen (again, clotting, so makes sense). Here is what it says:

What Are the Implications?
Any and all of the mutations can affect homocysteine levels, but there is much dispute as to whether elevated homocysteine levels are actually needed in order for MTHFR to cause medical complications. Many other MTHFR patients have normal homocysteine levels; yet have had implantation problems, m/c(s), and/or stillbirth(s) due to clotting problems. This is a serious field and MTHFR is a serious condition, so consulting an expert is wise.

Would you like to know how to fix this “serious mutation” – 5mg folic acid (Rx – its 12x normal dose), extra B6, extra B12 & baby aspirin. :dohh: That’s it, unless you have ART then you may have to take one other Rx. All this time I have had the feeling that I was making them ok, but they weren’t implanting, I just thought it was due to insuff. hormones (they “said” hormones OK, but many are borderline). My poor little eggys are probably trying so hard, but MTHFR won’t let them implant & so they get washed away :sad2: And then those mc’s… I know I can’t think of it like that…

SO, there are a host of other conditions that are assoc w/MTHFR & I couldn’t believe it when I read them. In addition to things like pulmonary embolisms, serious heart conditions, autism & strokes, it can be assoc with severe depression, anxiety, neurological disorders, fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue! Hmmm, severe depression, anx, neuro, chronic pain & tiredness – that rings a serious bell for me! And not only for me, but when I look back to both parental sides, I’m floored. Grant it, there are co-conditions & other contributing factors, but all these yrs a lot of my issues could potentially have been cured with folic acid? (see a list of conditions here if interested, but there are others: https://mthfr.net/mthfr-mutations-and-the-conditions-they-cause/2011/09/07/)

The thing is this affects more than just me. My cousin has had multiple mc’s & so has my sister. There’s multiple severe depression/anx on one side of family (very severe if you know what I mean) & etc. So now I will have my father tested to see which, if any, gene mutation he has & go from there (can’t test mom bc she’s :angel: - very severe depression :( ). Now when I look back & think, wow – this information “could have” saved my mom’s life & my grandfather’s & kept me from suffering so much, too?! Guess all I can do now is have dad tested & go from there – inform affected side of family (most of my cousins are much younger & haven’t tried for family yet, so perhaps this will help them). Whether TTC or other symptoms, you have to take all of this for life...

So, I ov’d CD20 even though FF shows CD18 (hopef crosshairs will change) so I’m about 2DPO. So, they recommend being on all the extra stuff for at least 1 – 1.5 mos. Before trying again, but its too late for me – what’s done is done & I can only keep FX & [-o<[-o<[-o< its going to be OK! Hopefully, this is my big “reason” for mc & for not conceiving (I’m just thankful I never got to the point of stillbirth).

But, if any of you have had any mc’s, whether multiple or not, I would highly recommend being tested for this! Believe it or not, it’s somewhat common, although a lot of time asymptomatic for others. Or even if already pregnant, its assoc w/Down’s, autism & other birth defects & the thing is that it’s just so easy to treat! Prenatal folic acid isn’t nearly enough, so please check it out (if you haven’t already) “just in case”?

Sorry for long post “about me”, but I really wanted to give extra info. to you guys in case it could help any one of you or anyone you know having trouble TTC/mc or any of the other health-related issues!

Lots of LOVE to you ladies & :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:!!!
For IUI’s & 2WW - :dust::dust::dust:!!!

(I’ll be checking in on all of you despite schedule over the next week! I can't go another 3 days w/o you guys - felt like 3 wks! :kiss: )

HA - we cross-posted. They treat one copy of each mutation (compound) the same as the homozygous (2 copies of one gene) , too.

Glad you only have the one copy, but just be careful bc when researching, some of those w/one copy had issues & then upon taking additional folic acid, aspirin, etc, were able to get preg? Could have been coincidence, but if I run across it again, I'll forward to you :thumbup: Do you take extra folic acid, B6, B12 or aspirin anyway? I wonder if taking larger doses of those would hurt someone? If not, I'd do it "just in case" (stack the deck) :winkwink: :hugs:

keeping FX for you!

:hi: all you wonderful ladies! OK, I'll try to explain what I have found out bc maybe this will help or be educational to one of you? (PLEASE learn from my mistakes so I feel better about myself! :haha: )

Anyway, some of you may know about this, some not, but I found out I have clotting problems due to a compound heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation – one copy of the gene mutation C677T & one copy of the gene mutation A1298C. (You can probably imagine the word that came to my mind after seeing the acronym! :haha: - so immature, I know but that’s what I’m calling it bc I wouldn’t be able to pronounce it if I tried… :shrug::haha: )

So, on a list of “severity” it’s #2 out of 5 mutations or combinations thereof. I don’t have elevated cysteine (thank God) but I have elevated thrombosis antigen (again, clotting, so makes sense). Here is what it says:

What Are the Implications?
Any and all of the mutations can affect homocysteine levels, but there is much dispute as to whether elevated homocysteine levels are actually needed in order for MTHFR to cause medical complications. Many other MTHFR patients have normal homocysteine levels; yet have had implantation problems, m/c(s), and/or stillbirth(s) due to clotting problems. This is a serious field and MTHFR is a serious condition, so consulting an expert is wise.

Would you like to know how to fix this “serious mutation” – 5mg folic acid (Rx – its 12x normal dose), extra B6, extra B12 & baby aspirin. :dohh: That’s it, unless you have ART then you may have to take one other Rx. All this time I have had the feeling that I was making them ok, but they weren’t implanting, I just thought it was due to insuff. hormones (they “said” hormones OK, but many are borderline). My poor little eggys are probably trying so hard, but MTHFR won’t let them implant & so they get washed away :sad2: And then those mc’s… I know I can’t think of it like that…

SO, there are a host of other conditions that are assoc w/MTHFR & I couldn’t believe it when I read them. In addition to things like pulmonary embolisms, serious heart conditions, autism & strokes, it can be assoc with severe depression, anxiety, neurological disorders, fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue! Hmmm, severe depression, anx, neuro, chronic pain & tiredness – that rings a serious bell for me! And not only for me, but when I look back to both parental sides, I’m floored. Grant it, there are co-conditions & other contributing factors, but all these yrs a lot of my issues could potentially have been cured with folic acid? (see a list of conditions here if interested, but there are others: https://mthfr.net/mthfr-mutations-and-the-conditions-they-cause/2011/09/07/)

The thing is this affects more than just me. My cousin has had multiple mc’s & so has my sister. There’s multiple severe depression/anx on one side of family (very severe if you know what I mean) & etc. So now I will have my father tested to see which, if any, gene mutation he has & go from there (can’t test mom bc she’s :angel: - very severe depression :( ). Now when I look back & think, wow – this information “could have” saved my mom’s life & my grandfather’s & kept me from suffering so much, too?! Guess all I can do now is have dad tested & go from there – inform affected side of family (most of my cousins are much younger & haven’t tried for family yet, so perhaps this will help them). Whether TTC or other symptoms, you have to take all of this for life...

So, I ov’d CD20 even though FF shows CD18 (hopef crosshairs will change) so I’m about 2DPO. So, they recommend being on all the extra stuff for at least 1 – 1.5 mos. Before trying again, but its too late for me – what’s done is done & I can only keep FX & [-o<[-o<[-o< its going to be OK! Hopefully, this is my big “reason” for mc & for not conceiving (I’m just thankful I never got to the point of stillbirth).

But, if any of you have had any mc’s, whether multiple or not, I would highly recommend being tested for this! Believe it or not, it’s somewhat common, although a lot of time asymptomatic for others. Or even if already pregnant, its assoc w/Down’s, autism & other birth defects & the thing is that it’s just so easy to treat! Prenatal folic acid isn’t nearly enough, so please check it out (if you haven’t already) “just in case”?

Sorry for long post “about me”, but I really wanted to give extra info. to you guys in case it could help any one of you or anyone you know having trouble TTC/mc or any of the other health-related issues!

Lots of LOVE to you ladies & :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:!!!
For IUI’s & 2WW - :dust::dust::dust:!!!

(I’ll be checking in on all of you despite schedule over the next week! I can't go another 3 days w/o you guys - felt like 3 wks! :kiss: )

Lil-that is amazing stuff and the first thing that I thought of was how wonderful for you to now have a piece of the puzzle to fit into place. So much of this is about not having a single clue what is wrong, so if you have this information to hand, how hugely beneficial it is! My God, it is shocking to think that it could be treated so easily! How much more B6 and B12 do you need to take hun?

Thank you for this information. I am sure that you will use it to help your family.

Way to go girl-getting closer to your dream, I think! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Rottpaw-if you don't mind me asking, how did you succeed in getting preggers? Did you have IVF, or did you have immunes testing, or just luck?? Am so intrigued, as your story gives us all hope! :thumbup::flower:

hi Dwrgi, and I don't mind at all! Both have been natural conceptions. When I conceived my DS, we had been through a full fertility workup (though no genetic or immune testing) and were just on the verge of trying meds (I actually had my prescription for femara in hand). After our workup, my RE was pushing for us to start the meds, but the whole scary amh/fertility picture, "donor egg" speech and the news that we would likely not be successful on our own had thrown us for such an emotional loop, that we told her we really wanted to try one more time on our own. I think we did that more to buy ourselves time to process everything, in retrospect, more than any real hope it would work. But I'd also just had my hsg. My dr. Explained that some people can have what she called "cobwebs" or tiny, invisible (on hsg) obstructions in the tubes. Hsg can flush those out, and as I ended up pregnant on that very same cycle, I suspect that may have been my issue. We had also had some timing issues that were finally resolved by that point, and that may have been key as well (when we first began ttc, on my gyn's advice, we used the calendar method of counting backward 14 days from period to determine time to ttc...which, since I turned out to have a short luteal phase, had us ttc about a week early for our first 12-18 months!!!:dohh:). Even though my cycles are normally 25-26 days, I still ov at 14 days like clockwork.

Hope this helps! After my experience, i feel strongly that AMH is JUST one piece of the puzzle and does NOT mean you can't get pregnant naturally!

Please excuse typos, am on tablet.

:hugs:

Wow LilSluz that is a M*TH**F****R of a situation (sorry but ever since I saw it that is the only word that comes to mind too :blush::haha:) So glad that you have found this out now but very sad that it is too late for other family members. Here's hoping that you can now help the others :hugs::hugs:

I don't think taking 5mg of folic acid can do any harm as the excess gets flushed out but the problem is actually getting hold of that dose - I think the highest you can get in the shops is about 1-2mg but for 5mg you need a prescription (in the UK at least). However, yo have made me think that maybe it is worth taking at least a bit extra.... that is if I ever get to ovulate again :growlmad::growlmad::wacko:

Rottpaw, great to hear that you have had 2 natural conceptions, many congrats.

Sorry I can't keep up with everyone :dohh: - I am reading but find it difficult to reply when on my phone - fingers crossed for all those going through IUI and IVF and hoping that the follies grow for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lils - I am happy it's not just me that get's confused, I write good luck tomorrow, or "any news today" etc and then realise that Im a day ahead or behind and what Ive written doesn't make sense!!

Dwrgi - what sort of cider do you like??
I admit Ive been quite partial to pear ciders in the past yummy!!

I always loved Woodpecker, but I find it too sweet now! Can't stand Magners, as it's too strong, so I am a really Chavette and go for Bow (Strongbow!). I loves it!! What is your drink of choice? I'll have one for you this weekend! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi Dwrgi, and I don't mind at all! Both have been natural conceptions. When I conceived my DS, we had been through a full fertility workup (though no genetic or immune testing) and were just on the verge of trying meds (I actually had my prescription for femara in hand). After our workup, my RE was pushing for us to start the meds, but the whole scary amh/fertility picture, "donor egg" speech and the news that we would likely not be successful on our own had thrown us for such an emotional loop, that we told her we really wanted to try one more time on our own. I think we did that more to buy ourselves time to process everything, in retrospect, more than any real hope it would work. But I'd also just had my hsg. My dr. Explained that some people can have what she called "cobwebs" or tiny, invisible (on hsg) obstructions in the tubes. Hsg can flush those out, and as I ended up pregnant on that very same cycle, I suspect that may have been my issue. We had also had some timing issues that were finally resolved by that point, and that may have been key as well (when we first began ttc, on my gyn's advice, we used the calendar method of counting backward 14 days from period to determine time to ttc...which, since I turned out to have a short luteal phase, had us ttc about a week early for our first 12-18 months!!!:dohh:). Even though my cycles are normally 25-26 days, I still ov at 14 days like clockwork.

Hope this helps! After my experience, i feel strongly that AMH is JUST one piece of the puzzle and does NOT mean you can't get pregnant naturally!

Please excuse typos, am on tablet.

:hugs:

That's really inspiration stuff, and so glad that you took the time to post on here. I have also heard about people getting their timing wrong, so that chimes with that. Alas, I had a hysteroscopy two years ago and that made no difference to us (I think this is the same as hcg).

You really have been a tonic to read about and you have given me so much hope. Thank you so very much! Good luck with your second pregnancy! Please let us know how you get on!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->