TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Carole - that was lovely :) thank you xx

and Dashka - Ive never had ov pains, and until I started drining grapefruit juice - I never had ewcm either :)

Carole - that was lovely :) thank you xx

and Dashka - Ive never had ov pains, and until I started drining grapefruit juice - I never had ewcm either :)

A Duran Duran would have sorted that out for you Purps, :haha::haha:!!!

Carole-you are so lovely and so right! And it means so much to have you keeping an eye on us all! Huge hugs and loads of love,

Amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Hi Ladies!!

We told DH's parents and they are looking forward to their grandchild. It's tough though because our KD is keeping his legal rights and all three of us will be parents. They seem a bit concerned about who the KD is but more than anything they want another grandchild. They were really sweet. I told my SIL too and she was surprised but she went through IVF and knows how tough TTC can be and said that today there are so many children she knows (gay couples with children, surrogacy, donor children etc.) that it's more common now days. But, still, it's tough for me getting over that 'hump' of not being able to have a nuclear family, but I guess, I should be grateful if I am even able to conceive a child. What a roller coaster. Whew! A girl at yoga yesterday, said we should not complicate things, well, I am sorry, but there are no shortcuts for anything worth getting to (welll, from my experience anyway).

Ecoops - Welcome! This is the best thread on BnB! We are all here to support eachother and help us through the journey (good days and bad). :hugs: Sorry for your losses!! :hugs:

DrS - I hope the medication issue turned out OK. Good Luck with your next IUI! :happydance:

Butterfly - Welcome to TWW!! :dust:

LilSluz - Enjoy your trip and training!! Sounds like a good time!

LadyH - Did your monitor have a "!" next to the result? Check the expiration too on the sticks. One time I discovered the sticks were expired and that was why I was getting inaccurate results. Good Luck!!

Dashka - :dust: Welcome to the TWW! I don't ever feel O pains. I get cramps here and there all the time so deciphering between an O cramp and a regular cramp is too much symptom spotting for me.

Purple - I hope you are feeling better! I hope you got some good :sleep: and can see your parents soon. I hope your dad's cancer is getting completely wiped from his body.

HA - April is finally here!! Moving closer to making your dreams come true! :hugs:

Arsy - :dust: :dust: How are you doing?

Dwrgi - :hugs: :hugs: I hope the pub treated you kindly.

Hi to Twinkle, Nikki, Carol, Madeline, Manuiti, Missy, Never & Ipen!! :hugs: I probably missed someone. Sorry if I did. :hugs: & Hi to you too!!

frolicky - that's wonderfulnews - I can imagine that parents would of course be delighted for a grand child :)
I didn't know that your donor was going to be keeping his parental rights. How will that work in practice for you 3?? it does sound complicated but of course anything worthwhile always is hard!! :hugs:

how is everyone else doing today??

bug squishy :hugs: from my "bingo - wing" arms to you all and extras for Dwrgi and HA :winkwink: and dwrgi - I know -- if only we could all be lucky enough for a JT moment :haha:

frolicky - that's wonderfulnews - I can imagine that parents would of course be delighted for a grand child :)
I didn't know that your donor was going to be keeping his parental rights. How will that work in practice for you 3?? it does sound complicated but of course anything worthwhile always is hard!! :hugs:

how is everyone else doing today??

bug squishy :hugs: from my "bingo - wing" arms to you all and extras for Dwrgi and HA :winkwink: and dwrgi - I know -- if only we could all be lucky enough for a JT moment :haha:

Hi Purple - Congrats on your 10 weeks! Wonderful!!

Carole, thank you so much for your post! You are awsome! I couldn't have said it any better myself. In my research on AMH it said that the test is very new, not enough is known on it, its only 70% accurate and stress affects the results. I've heard many stories of ladies with low AMH getting natural BFPs.

Dash, sometimes I get O pains and sometimes I don't. I think it also depends if I'm looking for them or not. LOL.

Purple, Happy 10 weeks! Yay!

frolicky- wow what a complicated situation. fingers crossed it all works out for you guys. never bad to have more loving adults in a kids life. i feel bad that if i manage to get pregnant i will not have a "father" in my kids life but.. i just didnt want to deal with additional complications. since i dont have a husband but would love to find one in the future it was better for me not to have another adult in the picture. for it to be just my kid. if i never do get married i didnt want to have to explain to a kid why uncle bob was their dad but wasnt really their dad etc and have them feel like if they were a better kid maybe theyd have a dad etc. just my 2 cents (and hopefully i havent managed to piss anyone off as i seem to be stepping on toes recently)

Froliky - so great to hear from you :flower: and happy that the visit seems to have gone fab and you could let them all in with your project :thumbup: and wow how difficult your IUI actually is, I never knew that but you have worked it out perfect!! :hugs: Hows tww going for now?

Purps- happy 10 weeks :cake: yay, I hope you are feeling better now :hugs:

Dashka - I do feel o-pains, but NEVER did before entering the world of hormones. So after clomid, even that I dont eat them no more I feel when I'm about to O.

Manu - where are you? Have you started med yet? :hugs:

I hope you all will have a good week :kiss::hugs:

afm, I need to ask you ladies to pray or keep your fingers crossed for my folly that it would grow up to 18mm by thursday :blush: I had my U/S today and there was one on the right 13mm..so he needs to GROW so we can do IUI on thu. I will go for another us on wednesday and get the judgement...ohhh..stressed..

Froliky - so great to hear from you :flower: and happy that the visit seems to have gone fab and you could let them all in with your project :thumbup: and wow how difficult your IUI actually is, I never knew that but you have worked it out perfect!! :hugs: Hows tww going for now?

Dashka - I do feel o-pains, but NEVER did before entering the world of hormones. So after clomid, even that I dont eat them no more I feel when I'm about to O.

afm, I need to ask you ladies to pray or keep your fingers crossed for my folly that it would grow up to 18mm by thursday :blush: I had my U/S today and there was one on the right 13mm..so he needs to GROW so we can do IUI on thu. I will go for another us on wednesday and get the judgement...ohhh..stressed..

On average, they will grow about 2mm per day, so it should get there! 15 tomorrow, 17 Wednesday, 19 Thursday! FX!!!! Keep a hot water bottle on your belly for twenty minutes every day, this should encourage the blood to the uterus to help the follicle grow.

Thinking of you, Axxx

Purple-well done on your ten week milestone! That is fantastic! xxx

Frolicky-gosh that is really complicated, but at least you have got things sorted out. As you say, being adult and respectful and responsible makes a lot of difference. Good luck with this cycle! xxx

Dr S-I think it is very brave to go for this alone, but it's something that you really want to do, and because of that, you'll make a really good mother. :flower:

Butterfly-are you okay? I'm going to PM you, young lady!

Love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dwrgi- thanks. im bummed that i wont have someone sharing the journey but.. i cant imagine never having kids

afm- us today.. looks like i have a lead follicle that is 17mm and a crap ton of smaller ones. (like 15 mm or so about 10 of em). he implied that id likely ovulate 1 mature one.. but doesnt have me doing the trigger shot til tomorrow night and continuing stims tonight and tomorrow night.. as far as i know they continue growing til ovulation so.. perhaps more will make it. itd just suck to have spent all this money on injectibles and end up with fewer follicles than on femara (i had 2 mature both times). going to do the iui on thursday which is awesome because after that i work 8days straight and timing would have been horrible.

bah, really not enjoying reading ob ultrasounds all day today

dwrgi- thanks. im bummed that i wont have someone sharing the journey but.. i cant imagine never having kids

afm- us today.. looks like i have a lead follicle that is 17mm and a crap ton of smaller ones. (like 15 mm or so about 10 of em). he implied that id likely ovulate 1 mature one.. but doesnt have me doing the trigger shot til tomorrow night and continuing stims tonight and tomorrow night.. as far as i know they continue growing til ovulation so.. perhaps more will make it. itd just suck to have spent all this money on injectibles and end up with fewer follicles than on femara (i had 2 mature both times). going to do the iui on thursday which is awesome because after that i work 8days straight and timing would have been horrible.

I think there is every hope that some of the smaller ones will catch up. There is no guarantee with this game, and it's just about waiting to see what happens! Good luck!

Cr&ppy day at work by the sounds of it... :growlmad:

frolicky- wow what a complicated situation. fingers crossed it all works out for you guys. never bad to have more loving adults in a kids life. i feel bad that if i manage to get pregnant i will not have a "father" in my kids life but.. i just didnt want to deal with additional complications. since i dont have a husband but would love to find one in the future it was better for me not to have another adult in the picture. for it to be just my kid. if i never do get married i didnt want to have to explain to a kid why uncle bob was their dad but wasnt really their dad etc and have them feel like if they were a better kid maybe theyd have a dad etc. just my 2 cents (and hopefully i havent managed to piss anyone off as i seem to be stepping on toes recently)

Yeah, it's tricky to find a solution ("soul"ution") that will make our dreams come true.

I am hanging in there. As for you....GROW FOLLIE GROW!!!!!!!!! SENDING LOTS OF GROWTH HORMONE YOUR WAY! :) Is the office closed on Friday? Ugh? Stupid holidays.

Wow we could start a book with all our stories. Cheers to happy endings!

A Duran Duran would have sorted that out for you Purps, :haha::haha:!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Purple - Congrats on your 10 weeks! Wonderful!! Our situation has been a bit complicated. My DH said he prefers not to have any finanical responsibility because he wants to retire when he's 57 and a child would of course make that difficult. The KD is financially well established and is willing to keep his legal rights and everything that comes with that. We have a parenting agreement, I have an attorney and she is helping us with the logistics and making sure all our 'i"s are dotted and "t"s crossed. It's been challenging even finding a doctor and attorney that would take our case because there's a statute here that says any married woman who has a child, the DH is automatically the father and it's irrebuttable. That is why an IVF doctor would not take our case. They said they did not believe it was legal for them to inseminate me. What a journey. Luckily we are all reasonable, respectful etc. adults.

What a complicated process! I am surprised at the law there - are they deliberately trying to squash the donor process, or is it a holdover from the early years when (God forbid) you actually tell you child the truth about its beginnings, when people wanted to hide the fact that they'd used DS??

DrS, I think it takes tremendous strength to go it alone. I've always envied people who know exactly what they want... one of the reasons DH and I waited so long to start was that we both felt ambivalent about having kids for a long time. I think life must be easier when you really know what you want....

As for your follies, don't count them out - my clinic says anything 15 or higher at the time of trigger has to be counted as a mature follie, since they continue to grow right up until they pop out. Are they measuring your E2 as well? That combined with follie measurements can give a better overall picture than just one or the other individually....

Dwrgi, how's DH doing? :hugs::hugs:

AFM, AF arrived on Saturday, so now we have the timing and dates all set out for IVF #2... looks like I'll start stims around 4/30, retrieval 5/11 and transfer 5/16. Nurse has placed my drug order, I've scheduled my acupuncture appts, and now all I have to do is wait.... :wacko:

I know there are a few other comments I wanted to make, but I can't remember them now.... :dohh: Hope you're all having a happy-ish Monday. (Hoping for a happy Monday seems like too much to ask!) :flower:

I forgot to add -

I've just started reading Unsung Lullabies: Understanding and Coping with Infertility by Jaffe, Diamond and Diamond. The three authors are all clinical psychologists and infertility veterans. I've only just started it, and already I am crying and nodding in agreement on almost every page. So far, it is the best book I've read on the emotional and psychological ramifications of infertility - I want to buy it and give it to every member of my family and ask them to read it so they'll understand what we're going through and how we feel and why we're acting the way we are. It's not a how to get pregnant book at all, it's strictly about the emotional issues surrounding infertility. If you're struggling with the emotions of infertility, pick it up - so far, it's phenomenal. :thumbup:

(And that's not to say everyone here is infertile - I hate giving the impression that everyone over 35 has trouble - NOT true. It's just that some of us are, so that's why I mention it here.)

Hi Ladies:wave::wave:

Went today for my scan (2nd) and my lil follies were 10 and 12....needed to be 18-22. I was bummed but I knew this was going to be a long ride. Dr wants to do another scan in two weeks:shrug: and then start 100mg Clomid and 500mg Metformin. I am hoping that when I go back that I would have ovulated and am preggo. Guess that is why I haven't had a positive OPK.

I don't know much about Metformin but I will do my research. Why does this have to be so hard for us when so many people get pregnant and don't even want to be parents. I know I am just having a moment:cry:

Keep me in your thoughts and wishing you all :dust::dust:

I am still hopeful and I will continue the dance with hubby.

HA - The law is there so that the donor does not have any financial responsibility so they can donate and not worry that someone will come knocking for child support or something I believe. However, it is a bad law. If a woman has an affair and is married the husband is automatically the father and changing the birth certificate would cost a lot and who knows because the law says it can't be changed. Crazy. Some states are now allowing 3 people to be on the birth certificate. I hope that is the future. The IVF doctors said the donor would have to sign his rights away for them to inseminate and my attorney advised not because it would be a big hassle for us to try and get the donor back on the birth certificate. So, we found a doctor who would do it with signed consents etc. before IUI. Thank goodness!! Oh, and thanks for the book recommendation. I love reading and find it to be very healing and helps get me through the tough times along with all of the ladies here.

auntie- problem is i always knew i wanted kids but i wanted the husband too. finally came to the realization that if i keep waiting for that ill likely end up with neither. also realized im far more interested in the kid than in dating. just so rarely meet anyone i like (sigh, hence my completely inappropriate crush). went out with the ex bfs ex roommate the other night.. ended up kissing him and.. meh, just nothing there. i meet someone i like about every 3 yrs or so, and have never dated someone longer than2 months.. so at 39 it was time to give up that dream. luckily i make good money and am only going to be working part time already but it is still hard, my family is on the other side of the country and neither side wants to move. plus this is turning out to be a lot harder than i expected

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->