TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

OMM!!!! It's SO lovely to see you!!! I'm so sorry for your recent loss but really pleased that it's helped you to move forward some.

We're here whenever you feel like talking but understand that you might not want to get sucked back into the TTC craziness.

Love you lots xxxxx

Chris I am so happy to see you!! I was thinking about you and Deb/Padbrat just the other day and wondering how you were doing. I am so happy and sad about your LO, for all the reasons you stated. :hugs: Thank you so much for letting us know. :hugs: I completely understand wanting to focus on anything but ttc....

I hope your kitchen remodel goes smoothly and turns out beautifully! We redid ours several years ago and it took TWO YEARS to finish!! :wacko: The finished product was totally worth it, though.

Love love love you.
xoxoxoxo

Hello ladies,

I dont know if you remember me, its been quite a while since i had been on here, i have checked in and wanted to offer :hugs: and love to Happy Auntie, and Dwrgi, my heart just breaks for you ladies. :hugs: to all you other ladies, and Purple congrats honey i am so happy for you!!

AFM, i totaly stopped thinking about TTC all together, i was not on any message boards, and had made peace with the fact that we would never have a child. On St. Patricks day i realized that i was late for AF by a couple of days, i figured it was just my body being stupid, but since i am taking diet pills, i figured i would check to be sure, i took the test and hopped into the shower, when i got out, i checked the test and there were two lines. You could have knocked me over with a feather, after 3 1/2 years we got pg on our own, unfortunatly the good news stops there, Saturday we had a positive test, by monday night it was negative, and on tuesday i started to bleed, we lost our 5th little one. Two good things came out of it, one is that we can do it on our own, and i do believe for me the stress of TTC was stopping me from getting pg, and two, my OB and I have figured out that I have a Luteal Phase Defect, he said if it was chromosonal issues we would vary the week that we lost the baby, for me its positive, then negative two days later, he said what was happening is the baby implants, but by the time it does my lining is already breaking down. So now i am on progesterone cream after i ovulate, i am also on Zinc, DHEA, Maca Root, and Royal Jelly, i refuse to go back to all the planning and hoping, honestly i really dont think it will happen again, but i want to at least give the little one a chance of sticking if it happens. Right now i am concentrating on remodeling our kitchen, i am fianlly going to have a dishwasher :happydance: and we are going to go away for a few days in September for our 5 year anniversary, we also have plans to go on a cruise with our friends next year, so that is what i am looking forward to. I just wanted to pop on and say hi to you ladies, i think about you all the time, but i just had to get away from all of it. When we found out we were pg 3/17, and we lost it, i was so mad, not because we lost the baby, but because I had finally let it go and was happy, after the positive test i went right back to that mind set for a while, and now have finally gotten myself out of it again. My thoughts are with you ladies, i love and miss you!!

Omg how could we ever forget you :cry::cry::cry:I am so sorry for your loss but so happy u could finally have an answer for your losses ,praying you get a sticky bean before this year is over ,I will never ever forget u babes ,p,ease stay in touch and pop in and see us now and again ,love you beautiful lady ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::

Hi Ladies,
Just caught up – my goodness you ladies have been busy the last 24 hrs!! Sorry I can’t do a proper post – but just wanted to put my 2 cents in re: MTHFR….. Yes my sister has the same immune issues and elevated NK cells – I don’t know if I have the same problem cause it would cost me $3000 to send tests to the US… I’ve been told it’s really not worth it anyway if I’m not planning on doing IVF… but my ND has had me on baby aspirin for about 6 months and I’ve been taking FolaPro (the Folic Acid that doesn’t have to be converted in the body) ..It is made by Metagenics… and I’ve been taking that for over a year.

I figure it doesn’t hurt me incase that is my problem too…. (as it can be genetic)…

Lils – so glad you got that info and now you can focus on that…. :)

Oh I also wanted to say re: CoQ10 - if you buy the Ubiquinol form it is better absorbed so you don't have to take as much. I take 200mg/day of the Innovite brand (which is probably more like 400) but it is more expensive. I take throughout the month.
I'm also taking Maca, and Cenitol (Metagenics) which is myo-inositol and supposed to help with egg quality too.

AFM – I have a bad cough again!!! Not as bad as before –but had a rough night last night…. It was getting better last week and then went to a loud dinner/dance thing Sat. night and was screaming because I couldn’t hear myself talk and that irriated my throat and then the cough came back…. ARGH! It’s been 3 weeks now… I just want to be all better.

Sorry I have to run and sorry again if I can’t post properly –the next 6 weeks are the worst worst time at work every year…. So gotta go!!

Love you all and good luck to all the injecting, waiting for IUI or IVF, in the TWW, or just hanging out!
xoxo

Chris-OMG! I never thought I'd hear from you again! How fantastic that you have posted and how absolutely amazing that you got PG on your own! I could scream with happiness and frustration for you all in one go! I have also read about this-a lady on another thread I'm on went to Serum in Athens for donor IVF and the consultant there, Penny, read about her cycles and told her teh exact same thing that you just repeated. She is also on progesterone support and Penny has given her 6 months to conceive naturally, and is sure that she will!

Way to go, Chris, and so pleased that you found another piece to your jigsaw puzzle too! As everybody else has said, we all miss you, and love you to bits, and it is just soooooo lovely to hear your plans!

We are here if you need us, and will understand if you don't!

Lots and lots of love and HUGE hugs, my dear friend,
Amanda
xxxxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think I've just broken the central heating system, by bleeding a radiator whilst the boiler was on. Water pressure has hit rock bottom and no hot water or heating. My OH will go bananas-think I might lay low for a while and wait for him to come across it himself tomorrow, and I'll be in work! :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Dashka, so sorry about your cold hun, and I sooo hope that the tickly throat goes away quickly. Fact-stats suggest that, when the immunes system is compromised, some may conceive easier than at other times! Get Shagging girl!!!! (Pardon the Chav expression!). :thumbup::thumbup:

Chris!!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss: Have thought about you often :flower:

Sad and glad to hear your news, for sure us old girls can get pg but just a bit harder to keep hold of maybe :hugs::hugs: I hope that the things you have put into effect and focusing on other stuff will get you that much deserved :baby:, perhaps when you least expect it :winkwink:

Yay for a new kitchen (I now find it impossible to live without a dishwasher once you have had one!) and hope you get some more fun tent times this year :winkwink:

Much love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A, I always bleed the radiators with the boiler on, is that wrong lol? :blush: I think you just have to turn a dial to put the pressure back in the system so hopefully it is nothing too major :hugs::hugs:

I think I've just broken the central heating system, by bleeding a radiator whilst the boiler was on. Water pressure has hit rock bottom and no hot water or heating. My OH will go bananas-think I might lay low for a while and wait for him to come across it himself tomorrow, and I'll be in work! :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Sounds like my kinda plan :haha:

:hi: Beautiful Girls!

Just a “quickie” here – wow, this thread’s been rockin today! Butterfly, Dashka, Frolicky & anyone else interested, I just found out you can buy 5mg folic acid (w/o Rx) on Amazon.com, so if you don’t have an Rx, don’t want to pay for test but cover yourself (since does no harm) or if you’re UK/elsewhere, you can check the UK Amazon for these, or just jot down the brand & try to order from local site? https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_497ics8bww_b

(not sure what the good ones are tho…?)

Asry – sending you lots & lots of good, happy vibes, darlin’!!!! Prayers :hugs::kiss:!!! Let us know what happened – I’ll be checking in on you so GL & FX & everything crossed!!! :hugs:

Dwrgi – yay, we have an IKEA here! Gotta try! Btw, you are a devious little chav w/that radiator :haha: LOVE it! And don’t ever lose the chav part – gives you character & spunk! One day I'll find a good description of "what I was" on Wikipedia, but gotta find a "good one" :haha:

OMM –glad you are keeping your “happy place” during everything you went thru!

LadyH – pub right across the street – NICE! I'll be missing your bday by about 5 days darn it! :dohh:

Dashka – you poor thing w/that cough! :nope: Whats the busy season all about? We can’t go 6 weeks without our Dashka! :winkwink: Just pop in when you can! But try not to overwork espec during the cough, but I like the comment someone made about the immunity!!! FX!

Twinks, you're so funny (BNB Pub night)

HA – thanks for the info & glad you are doing 5mg too :winkwink: even if it didn’t “do the trick” for you, I guess we hang onto any little thing that can help :hugs:.

DrS – good luck!!!

LUVS to everyone else & :hugs:!!!

Let’s hope the Easter Bunny puts some pretty lil eggies in all of our “baskets”!!! :dust::dust::dust:

Good morning lovely ladies :)

first - Chris!!!!! I am so happy to see you here, but so sad for your loss :hugs: although maybe things can be different next time with the progesterone support?? I really hope so. do keep in touch honey (unless you can't) I think about you and pad often :flower:

how is everyone doing today?? it's another chilly day in the uk , but never mind. I have a very good feeling about april and may - it's spring and therefore traditionally the time when new babies are made (well at least as far as lambs and chicks etc :haha:) so maybe this a lucky omen for everyone on this thread. I am hoping for you all!

I have just deposited a whole bunch of cakes into the fridge at work, which is a tradition - near to your birthday, because it's my big 40 on Saturday (and I don't work weekends) - today at least my work colleagues will be VERY happy :)

hope everyone day is stressfree and happy!
I am looking forwards to the long weekend for Easter :)

Ohh Dwrgi - I have done that too, you probably have a little tap connected to your boiler to top it back up when the pressure gets too low :)

A, I always bleed the radiators with the boiler on, is that wrong lol? :blush: I think you just have to turn a dial to put the pressure back in the system so hopefully it is nothing too major :hugs::hugs:

Well, you would think so but we have a almost new sealed Worcester Bosch jobbie, and you cannot physically alter the pressure yourself. Or, our wan&er plumber didn't see fit to show us. Luckily, I have managed to get hold of a pal who we see down the pub (he is always sh&tfaced) and he is going to pop in tonight and show us how to repressure the system. Yay!!!

I love the new avatar-makes me want to eat Cadbury's mini eggs...!!

Any sign of the Big O????? FX something is happening!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Good morning lovely ladies :)

first - Chris!!!!! I am so happy to see you here, but so sad for your loss :hugs: although maybe things can be different next time with the progesterone support?? I really hope so. do keep in touch honey (unless you can't) I think about you and pad often :flower:

how is everyone doing today?? it's another chilly day in the uk , but never mind. I have a very good feeling about april and may - it's spring and therefore traditionally the time when new babies are made (well at least as far as lambs and chicks etc :haha:) so maybe this a lucky omen for everyone on this thread. I am hoping for you all!

I have just deposited a whole bunch of cakes into the fridge at work, which is a tradition - near to your birthday, because it's my big 40 on Saturday (and I don't work weekends) - today at least my work colleagues will be VERY happy :)

hope everyone day is stressfree and happy!
I am looking forwards to the long weekend for Easter :)

You could that BIG milestone very quiet Purple!!!!! In advance, I'd like to wish you a HUGE

Happy Birthday to my dear friend, PurpleLou!
Let this be the best year yet!!!

:cake::cake::cake::cake::pizza::icecream::wohoo::wohoo::loopy::loopy::lolly::lolly::bunny::bunny::bunny:

A story to inspire us, if nothing else girls. I guess after a while we come to a point where we have to consider ALL options, and I found this. It's truly inspirational. I know it won't be for everybody, but just something to think about.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ns-failed-IVF-tratment-left-walking-mess.html

Lil-moi? Devious??? :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Love to you all,

Amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy birthday Purple!! (for Saturday)

Have given this cycle up as anovulatory :shrug: - that is 2 in a row so will have to hope the next one actually has an egg :wacko:

Happy birthday Purple!! (for Saturday)

Have given this cycle up as anovulatory :shrug: - that is 2 in a row so will have to hope the next one actually has an egg :wacko:

Gosh, it's a blow. Suppose it's normal for cycles to be out. Hopefully, this one will be THE one!

Come on ovaries, give us an Easter egg for Butterfly!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

i love magners.. cant stand the pear cider (at least the stuff from widmers). in pa they didnt used to sell cider (due to weird laws) and they had an apple beer of some sort that was fab.

sigh, thrown for a loop today. friend at work who has been trying for a bit but really only doing it "correctly" for a short time got a positive beta. of course im happy for her but.. this is the 2nd person who has gotten pos while ive been failing. doesnt help that i did my hcg shot last night. pretty abrupt crash from the happy ive been getting from the estrogen (ive been liking gonal f, i just feel a bit tired but otherwise super happy). bah

It's hard, this business, with people around us falling PG daily, weekly..... Why why why???

But onwards and upwards, and good luck with the third (?) IUI!

thanks ladies - apparently 40is the new 30 (or something) :haha:

butterfly - I will pray to the easter bunny to bring you an easter eggy!

Dwrgi - I read that article - she is EVERYWHERE at the moment, and I heard her on the radio the other day, taking about cooking with her little girl - it made me tear up (becuse she was talking about how she lost her mum)

Well, you would think so but we have a almost new sealed Worcester Bosch jobbie, and you cannot physically alter the pressure yourself. Or, our wan&er plumber didn't see fit to show us. Luckily, I have managed to get hold of a pal who we see down the pub (he is always sh&tfaced) and he is going to pop in tonight and show us how to repressure the system. Yay!!!

I love the new avatar-makes me want to eat Cadbury's mini eggs...!!

Any sign of the Big O????? FX something is happening!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

We've got a sealed boiler too & it's really easy to do when you've been shown how, in fact I googled how to do it so if your pal doesn't turn up or falls over on the way from the pub try that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->