TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Frolicky- yup still did it. Better than no chance. ESP with the crazy number of follies.

Frolicky- yup still did it. Better than no chance. ESP with the crazy number of follies.

Good plan, and hopefully with that many eggs, and the sperm just sitting there, one of your eggs will bump into a lazy sod who will wiggle in. FXd!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I bet you are. And I really hope the clinic and the donor place go some way to making it up to you.

However, there is always a chance so try not to be too bummed about it until you know for certain that you should be. Would be a shame to waste all that bummed out-ness if you ended up with your bfp wouldn't it. :hugs:

Well... it is stranger here!

Long time no see guys! How are we all??

I am so pleased to see my crazy gang are still here! The gorgeous Butterfly sent me a message on my Birthday and I thought you know what I need to see you all!

I felt I needed to come back here as shock horror I have managed to persuade Hubby to have one last chance starting on our hols in Florida in June... so I am officially back TTC!

So ladies.. I need advice to make this one a super sticky pink one!

Mucho loves ladies xxx

Hi ladies!
good morning!

Manu - that is awesome news..... fingers and toes crossed that they fertilize fertilize!! be good to yourself..

Dr-S -that completely sucks that you just found that out.... Like Manu said don't let it bring you down now at this point as you are still in the game!!! it does only take one tiny little spermie.

Frolicky - hope you are okay - hope you can hold out to test ... I never get to wait until 13 DPO cause AF always shows up! Good luck to you!!!

On My Mind - that was me that posted about that form of Folic acid... I've never heard of that happening -tummy upset with too much folic acid... Have you changed anything else?? Ie. too much B vitamins can make you nauseous... Also that is interesting what you said about progesterone cream - I have found the opposite that when I use it it gives me preggo symptoms ie. sore bbs, bloating, tired etc.... I wish you luck and thanks for posting!

AFM - today I think I'm 7DPO - and still sick - been up a lot again the last 3 nights coughing away... I just want to be well again...:dohh: This bronchitis just doesn't want to go. It's not too bad during the day (other than being tired from not sleeping well) but at night (lying down) it always makes me cough more even with 3 pillows... I went for acupuncture last night and she did some points for lungs too - I coughed so hard at one point half way through that some of the needles popped out! :haha::dohh:

Hello to everyone I've missed and Hope you ladies have a great weekend and for those who celebrate - Happy Easter!

xoxo

changed my Avatar - that's my cute little girl Westie fur baby (West Highland Terrier) That was taken about 6 years ago - but now she is 12.5 yrs old...

Pad!!!!! Its so good to see you! Good for you for not giving up!!!!!! Welcome back!

Dashka, I really hope you get better soon. It sucks being sick and you've been sick for a while. Your furbabies are so cute! Don't they just make life better.

AFM, connected with a lady online that went to my clinic (differen RE) and got a BFP on her 5th IVF. She said she thinks the difference was that she got herself tested for immune disorders, the clinic wouldn't do it. She ended up taking a steroid throughout her IVF cycle, that the clinic was against and wouldn't prescribe. She's certain that made the difference. She is now 6 months pregnant and I'm pretty sure around 38 or 39 because she started her journey at 36. It just pisses me off that the POS clinic is taking credit for her BFP when she was the one that did something unconventional on her own that they were against. She said she had to beg here GPs to order the tests. She researched implantation failure and found, like was dwrgi was saying, that immune disorders could be the reason. I thought that was an interesting fact I would share.

Thanks for sharing that missyt! :thumbup:

Dashka - I sympathise. A few months ago, I had a cold, followed by a stomach bug followed by bronchitis, followed by another cold. Then someone recommended Propolio (at least that's what it is in Spanish). It's some sort of bee product that's meant to boost your immune system. So I took it for a while and I'm sure that's what got me out of my sickness rut. Anyway, just thought I'd share & hope you get better soon!

Pad - great to have you back with us. Well done with the persuasion skills!!

afm - I got my call from the clinic & of my 4 eggs, 3 have fertilised. So I'm booked in for Sunday morning for a day 3 transfer. Now it's fingers crossed they make it that far. I'm so excited and hopeful it's untrue, but at the same time I'm terrified and don't want to get my hopes up, just to have them dashed.

Anyway, hope you are all doing okay and having a lovely start to your Easter weekends.

Yay, Pad, so glad that your hubby is agreeing to another try :happydance: - will that be natural ttc or through DE IVF like before? I wish there was something magic we could do to make sure you get a pink sticky one :pink: :flower:

Manuiti - brilliant that you have 3 fertilised, will keep everything crossed that they all make it to day 3 - do you know how many you will put back? :flower:

dashka - loving the Westie - I am really coming round to the thought that maybe I should get myself a furbaby :awww:

missyt - there was another lady on the boards that got pg with the NK cells and had to have iv every week or so but that seemed to do the trick :thumbup:

drsquid - keeping everything crossed for you :thumbup:

:hi: and Happy Easter to everyone else :hugs:

Man - That's great!!!! For me visioning work makes me feel better for whatever it's worth. I just keep picturing a little one (in my car, my belly, going to places with me etc.) It helps me get through the doubts and worries and gives me hope.

DrS - Good Luck!!

Dashka - I hope you feel better. Glad the acupuncture session helped you cough some of that crap out. :) Two days till testing. Wow!! How are you feeling about that?

Hi to everyone else! I am hanging in there. Trying not to symptom spot. My temp is staying high and even went up 0.1 degree C from 37.0 to 37.1. I range from 36.2 to 36.6 before O. 8dpo today. It's a full moon here too. Hopefully implantation is taking place. :)

Dr S - WTH - after 4 cycles they are "just figuring this out"? I hope that they make it up to you not just w/complimentary :spermy: but with a couple free IUI's? (is it all out of same place?). Don't give up, tho, you never know! FX & :thumbup:

Manuiti - That's SO awesome about your THREE eggs!!!! AND you are getting it done on Easter Sunday, wow! Easter is about miracles, so maybe you'll get one :winwink: FX!

Dashka - Thanks for the recommendation for the folic acid. :thumbup: I wasn't sure what would be good but I figured maybe you'd be able to help us on that one. Oh no, bronchitis again?! :nope: I used to have to do 2 rounds of antib's to knock it out (but I also smoked). I googled some natural remedies that you may or may not know about as I had never heard of any of them except the eucalyptus part. Do you have a humidifier? If you got some eucalyptus & put in w/the water that would be the bomb. I actually get my essential oils from a place in Canada (100% natural/pure) at www.escents.ca. You probably don't have time to wait for it in the mail, so maybe you have a place nearby or already have it on hand... (cute avatar!)

Missy/Dwrgi - what tests make up the immune testing, if you know? I'd like to ask my Fert Dr to do some rounds, or maybe when I go to the hematologist (Fert Dr sending me - MTHFR), maybe he can run a bunch of tests.

padbrat - :hi: & welcome back! Seeing your signature & hearing the other posts it sounds like you have been through the ringer. One thing that may help is we recently (just last couple pages) were discussing MTHFR gene mutations causing multiple mc's but the remedy is so easy that if you can't test (too expensive, etc), you can still take the remedy & it doesn't hurt - (from Dashka's advice, she's our resident nutritionist that we are so lucky to have): "For example on that amazon list this may be a good one: Thorne Research - 5-MTHF (5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) - 1mg 60's….. It has to be Methyltetrahydrofolate as I think that is already converted and doesn’t have to be converted by the body." Also take baby aspirin, extra B6 & B12 (if not in the 5-MTHF) Sounds like you are going au naturale if TTC on holiday? Good luck & enjoy FL!

Frolicky - First: :dust: If you can wait until 13 DPO, try to, but I wouldn't test before 12DPO because the BFP stats still aren't "great" on 11DPO. How exciting & glad your acup appt gave you that wonderful natural energy high/relaxation :sleep:. I guess your guests are all gone? Hope it wasn't too torturous (lol). We Floridians are constantly inundated w/perpetual guests! They come out of the wood works sometimes when old schoolmates on FB hear where you live :haha: (espec in winter :winkwink: ). Mine are going down to the Keys today until tomorrow morning bc they've never been there & are going to swim w/the dolphins in Key Largo. So, I get a little break, but then they come back & I get to play Easter Bunny (yay!).

Purple - hope you have some wonderful birthday plans! That's a funny tradition at work - the bday girl has to buy the cakes (plural?) for everyone else instead of the opposite! :flower:

OMM -yeah prog cream seems to be working opposite for you bc most of us experience exacerbated ov symptoms (sore boobs, cramps, etc) - lucky girl!

Dwrgi - how are you doing lil Welsh mama?

Asry - yay for 4-day weekend! I think you had asked me if we get a holiday? Not 1 day - booo- hisss!!! :hissy::brat: So I took today off & 1/2 day yesterday (why I had to put in 36 hours in 3 days) to be w/my sister & family (& so they took off to the Keys today - oh well, relax day - yay!!! :happydance: ) Did you ov yet? :dust:

Butterfly - Where are you in your cycle now? I know you missed ov, but wasn't sure when exactly. How did you know annovulatory - chart or 21-days bloods or? You poor thing, if its not bad enough w/mc, then you had 2 annnov cycles in a row :nope: you seem to be so strong tho :hugs: Happy Easter to you too & love the avatar!

:hi: ipen, Never, Twinks, HA, LadyH at the pub, Tiger, Nikki & anyone else I may have missed.

You ladies are truly inspirational, strong, caring & sympathetic & I count myself so lucky that I stumbled upon this thread!!!:hugs::hugs::friends::friends:

Happy Easter EGGS! :flower:

Froliky - that is a good level on the temps - I have never got to 37 deg! :wacko: FX for you :hugs::hugs:

LilS - well I am on cd18 and I decided it was anovulatory as my temps were all below coverline for the whole time (all lower than 36.3) - I took out my ticker as there was no point following an anov cycle. I decided that I would keep POASing once a day with the OPKs anyway just to see and would you believe it today the line is almost as dark as control :dohh: and I had EWCM. But the ex is not free until tomorrow so I may not be able to capitalise on it anyway :dohh: I'm hoping the line stays around until at least the morning so that I can scoot down there tomorrow lunchtime... :bike:

p.s. I do have a 'secret' link to my chart on the butterfly in my siggie lol :haha:

Missy - I've been meaning to ask you about the 100% money-back program bc I've heard of one around here on the radio before (just not sure where yet) Was this yours? Because this one says 100% refund "if you don't deliver a baby" - that's the most impressive guar I've seen yet? But if it was the same center as yours I don't want to go there (& being that I'm from MD, I'm open to going there for ART if it comes to that):

Shady Grove Fertility Centers
(Rockville, Annapolis, Frederick, Columbia and Baltimore)
IVF 100% Refund if you don't deliver a baby. More babies born through SGFC than any Center in Mid-Atlantic. Experience you can trust. Financing available.

(or PM me maybe if you don't want to say publicly?)

lils- well the doc kept saying donor sperm is always normal etc. this time i managed to get them to do an actual count and he found out.. well this sperm wasnt normal. not to say the other 3 vials were or werent but.. im just so down today. part of it is the usual post hcg shot but the part that is just eating at me is the tremendous waste of time and money. the stress i put my body through etc. the bank stepped right up.. but.. if this cycle works im still out all the money i didnt need to spend etc (ie if id had a count the first time idve switched donors right away and saved around 10,000 out of pocket).

Froliky - that is a good level on the temps - I have never got to 37 deg! :wacko: FX for you :hugs::hugs:

LilS - well I am on cd18 and I decided it was anovulatory as my temps were all below coverline for the whole time (all lower than 36.3) - I took out my ticker as there was no point following an anov cycle. I decided that I would keep POASing once a day with the OPKs anyway just to see and would you believe it today the line is almost as dark as control :dohh: and I had EWCM. But the ex is not free until tomorrow so I may not be able to capitalise on it anyway :dohh: I'm hoping the line stays around until at least the morning so that I can scoot down there tomorrow lunchtime... :bike:

p.s. I do have a 'secret' link to my chart on the butterfly in my siggie lol :haha:

Ohhhh Butterfly, FX, FX. FX!!! Your chart shows it! :flower::flower::flower: I HOPE it stays around until tomorrow! [-o<[-o<[-o<

You are so covert (& tech smart)! Your secret is safe w/me :haha: :winkwink:

:hugs:

lils- well the doc kept saying donor sperm is always normal etc. this time i managed to get them to do an actual count and he found out.. well this sperm wasnt normal. not to say the other 3 vials were or werent but.. im just so down today. part of it is the usual post hcg shot but the part that is just eating at me is the tremendous waste of time and money. the stress i put my body through etc. the bank stepped right up.. but.. if this cycle works im still out all the money i didnt need to spend etc (ie if id had a count the first time idve switched donors right away and saved around 10,000 out of pocket).

:grr::grr::grr::grr: :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Gosh, $10k? You got 4 IUI's out of that? That's good price - I've been quoted $4k just for 1! (not that I shopped around at all)

Now, on the flip side, however (you know I gotta go positive on you), you've been really down on yourself about not conceiving after all of these IUI's. Finding this out now maybe gives you just a little more hope about getting this issue fixed & getting an eventual :bfp: w/better :spermy:? Like you said, it makes you wonder about the other ones (but you can't tell now)...

But still don't give up hope on this one, either. Its the cycles when we are least hopeful that a lot of people seem to get that :bfp:! :thumbup::flower:

Good Luck Butterfly!!!!!!!!! FX'd for you!!! Why or why can't the man just be available at the press of a button. ;) :dust:

Good Luck Butterfly!!!!!!!!! FX'd for you!!! Why or why can't the man just be available at the press of a button. ;) :dust:

Exactly - I'm frantically thinking to myself is there anyone else around here I know that might give me some :spermy: lol :haha::haha::dohh:

Deb!!! I am so happy to see you!!!!!! You and Chris resurface in the same week - I am so happy!!!!!!!!

:yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->