TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey Purps big 4-0 !!! Wow, are you going to celebrate it somehow? :hugs: You should :happydance: and it is the new 30 so you are just getting younger as we speak :haha: I won't be able to be here on saturday so
:cake: Happy Birthday Lovely Lou :cake: you are very special to us !!! :hugs:

DrS- Good luck with IUI today!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I just had IUI few hours back and all went ok :) thanks for all of your support!! You've been great you wonderful ladies you :hugs:
there was 58milj pre wash and 12milj after - now running around there and some prob just picking their nose wondering whatto do :dohh: I gave myself pregnyl this morning but havent ovulated yet, I did inject a air bubble also, just couldn't get it off, but the nurse said its not dangerous if theres one. And I'm still alive :happydance:

Just in case I don't get on on Saturday:

Happy Birthday Lou!!

Attachments

• 40th cake.jpg
    40th cake.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
I always find having the ability to breathe a major advantage-well done on not killing yourself, Asry! Let's hope there are more sperm going about their business than picking their nose! GL!!! :flower::flower:

Twinkle-I tried it this morning, but water came out. Am sure James (the rather dishy) plumber will help.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. Have just had a major row with my OH who won't even contemplate adopting a three year old (which is the youngest we'd get cos of our combined ages). He is a GIT. :nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope:

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY PURPLE/LOUISE!!!!!

:cake::cake::cake:

(yes, 40 is officially the new 30) :winkwink:

I might not be able to stop in before Saturday, so just in case, here's some :flow::flow::flow::flow: & some :hugs::hugs::hugs:

OMM, its so good to hear from you!!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for popping in. I've been wondering about you too.

HA, you are absolutely right about FSH and AMH only being an indicator of how you will respond to stims. Thanks for bringing that up!

Purple, Happy Birthday!!!!!

Asry, GL in the 2WW! FX'd for you.

Dash, I really hope you get 100% better soon. Do you think it could be allergies? Is the pollen out there yet?

AFM, I finally got my medical record from POS RE and what a book of lies. When DH and I were looking over them we were just appalled at all the stuff he lied about or just plain didn't tell us that was important info to us. For those of you that don't know, I went thorugh 4 IUIs and 1 IVF that were all unsuccessful. We were diagnosed as unexplained until after the IVF when he then suggested DE because (we are unclear on this) of either my eggs or diminished ovarian reserve because I had an AMH of .4. My antral follicle count was good and my FSH was no higher than 7. I even that 13 follies going through the IVF with 10 collected. Looking at my u/s reports I feel like he triggered me too soon and he had to blame someone so he blamed my poor eggs even though he told me my embryos were excellent quality (but then later denied he told me that). I'm just happy I don't go to him anymore and I told him to f*ck off and didn't waste my money at that clinic anymore. Honestly, I think the reason he suggested DE was because we were part of a shared rish program and he couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting pg and if I went on getting free cycles of IVF then they'd lose money. We paid up front for 2 cycles but we would get 6 cycles and if it didnt' work after 6 we'd get our money back. He dropped us after the 1st cycle didn't work and luckily we got our money back. It was all a money game and doing whatever he could do to boost his success rates.

Luckily, I have managed to get hold of a pal who we see down the pub (he is always sh&tfaced) and he is going to pop in tonight and show us how to repressure the system. Yay!!!

Devious & Daring! I'll look out for BBC's 11:00 news... :haha:

Dwrgi, I think men sometimes have to see the kids & meet a few before they can imagine adoption. If that is really what you want to, or maybe even if just "an option", perhaps you can make a little baby step & just go visit the adoption center & meet some of the kids? A lot of men just don't have the ability to put themselves in a certain pair of shoes until you introduce it slowly & they can sorta visualize or experience "the next step" from there & its not so foreign or scary to them...

Just a suggestion :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I just had IUI few hours back and all went ok :) thanks for all of your support!! You've been great you wonderful ladies you :hugs:
there was 58milj pre wash and 12milj after - now running around there and some prob just picking their nose wondering whatto do :dohh: I gave myself pregnyl this morning but havent ovulated yet, I did inject a air bubble also, just couldn't get it off, but the nurse said its not dangerous if theres one. And I'm still alive :happydance:

YAY Asry!!!! =D>=D>=D>
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

How big were follies? Someone might have to translate some of the stuff you said, but I'm guessing :spermy:'s were a little :loopy: pre-wash? That's OK, they fired those ones & kept the top performers :winkwink:

Oh, I got EVERYTHING crossed for you!!! Even if your Easter eggy hasn't come yet, here's some :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: & hoping it comes really soon!

So glad you aren't :angel: too! :haha:

Oh Missy what a freakin nightmare!!!! You should file a complaint against that guy :nope: :( :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Glad you got your money back - will you go for 2nd opinion now that you have your tests/info?

:hugs:

Hi Ladies…..
Just quickly popping in….. I am still quite sick…(not allergies)…definitely like the same thing I had before (without the fever this time)…. It’s like it came back a few days after the 10 days of antibiotics. Many people I know have had this too this year – it lasts like a month (so I’m almost there!)

Purple – HAPPY HAPPY 40TH ON SATURDAY!!! (I’m turning the big 4-0 next month)

Missy – so crazy all that Sh…t that the RE put you through…. Wow I don’t think we have that here where you get your money back if it doesn’t work…. Glad you got answers and glad that you are moving on with what actually makes you trust yourself. I think that is a good plan…. Trusting ourselves and moving on.

Lils – thanks for that link re: Folic Acid – just want to mention though that you have to make sure you buy the right kind….as if you have the problem where your body can’t break down the Folic acid you need to get the right kind…. For example on that amazon list this may be a good one: Thorne Research - 5-MTHF (5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) - 1mg 60's….. It has to be Methyltetrahydrofolate as I think that is already converted and doesn’t have to be converted by the body. I only take 800mg X2 (1600) of the MTHF and plus another 1600mg combined in my other multivitamins etc…. (so total of 3,200/day) Mind you maybe I should ask ND if I should take more of the MTHF ? Thing is I really don’t know if that is my issue anyway… I take the Metagenics FolaPro brand –not sure if you can get it there but I believe it’s an American brand –I have an account with them –you may have to get through an ND, nutritionist of sometimes health food store (here is the blurb about it:

Metagenics FolaPro 800 mcg 120 tabs features Metafolin , the active, preferred form of folate called L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF). Provides L-5-MTHF, a metabolically active form of folate, helping to ensure all of the critical benefits of folate nutrition are realized. Requires no additional metabolic steps to be utilized by the body, making it a preferred choice for many individuals. Nutritionally supports many metabolic processes, including hormone metabolism, DNA synthesis, homocysteine metabolism, and nervous system function.

Asry and Dr.S – good luck with the IUIs!!!!! Hope those spermies are meeting up with those eggies!

Gotta run – but just wanted to say hi to everyone!!!

Have a great day,
xoxo

Arsy - Welcome to the TWW!! FX'd for you big time!! xoxo

Missy -Wow! Some people have no conscience and it always makes me ill when they choose the $$ over their own fellow human being. No compassion etc. and he's a doctor. F@cking scary!!!! There are so many medical doctors that are all ego with 0 bedside manner. I think they boost up their egos in medical school and make them feel like a god because they wear a white coat. Sorry hon. I am so glad you left and what you have been doing is awesome!! Hoping you have a great Birthday!

Purple - Happy Birthday!!! :) Yeah!!!!!!!!!! BIRTH -DAY!! <3~~~~ By the way, what is your due date?

Dwrgi - I hope you enjoyed the pub. The article was good but the comments below were harsh. I don't understand why people want to put others down when they are not hurting anyone by having a child later in life? Ugh! Ignorance.

Dashka - I hope you are feeling better. Glad the worst part is over and you are on the side of recovery.

DrS - Good Luck today! You and Arsy will be in TWW together. :dust:

Butterfly - Hoping you get an egg a.s.a.p. :hugs: :hugs: Good avatar!! :)

AFM - Just waiting................................. Glad I have tomorrow off and today is a slow day. I have a beta on the 12th and am wondering about when to do a hpt? I usually start 11 dpo but am wondering about waiting till 13 dpo? Not sure. Patience is not one of my strengths when it comes to ttc. Enjoy the weekend if you are not logging on this weekend.

Hi and xoxo to everyone!!!!

frolicky= somehow i found getting my period was less painful (well sorta) than seeing that bfn. i intend on waiting this one out just like the last one.ive been getting af on day 15 piui so.. if no af.. then ill consider hpt on day 16. i have one left from the 3 pack i bought my 1st cycle (got a gift of one too).. ah weird superstitious actions

I never test - AF is definitley less painful for me than getting a BFN - plus cheaper!!

Sigh. Got a sperm count today. Wish id done it sooner. Number was good, motility was good. Progression sucked. So basically they just sit there and wiggle. I'm kinda bummed and pissed now. What a waste of 3 cycles and possibly this 4 th though I'm hoping having a ton of eggs will help. The doc said he can't say that isn't why I'm not getting pregnant but he'd recommend changing donors. Fuck. I wish I'd known last failed cycle (or the first for that matter). Thousands of bucks for sperm that sit on the couch with a remote.

Damn those lazy swimmers!!! Really sorry it's turned out to be duff sperm :( Can you insist on a test before you sign up with a new donor? xx

Well as long as I use the same bank I get the next 4 for free and they will thaw some to check that all is good and they will call my clinic to be sure they aren't doing something wrong/different when they defrost. I'm still hopeful given that it only takes 1 and I should have somewhere in the range of 5 or more eggs.

What a time to find out about the lazy swimmers hun! But at least now you know. Well done for insisting!

Well I've just caught up on the thread thinking, yep, I'll remember that, and comment on that, and wish good luck here and get well soon there, and I think I must still have some drugs floating around in my body because I've gone and forgotten all of it now. Sorry! So this is just :wave: to everyone instead. :blush:

So as you may be able to tell, I'm just back from my ER. I'm a little sore but nothing major... might take some paracetamol in a bit just to be on the safe side, but it's no worse than and feels a bit like really bad trapped wind. lol And more to the point, they got 4 good eggs out of my 5 follicles! I was so happy I burst out crying when my RE told me. The nurses were teasing him for making me cry. So I'm quietly hopeful. At least we've got over this hurdle. Next one... fertilisation. And they're going to call me tomorrow morning to let me know how many have made it that far. Fingers crossed!

Ladies thank you all so much, you have all brought a smile to my face, and you love and warmth are much appreciated. From time to time i do pop in and check on all of you, i just cant help myself you all just mean too much to me to totaly go away lol.

One of you ladies posted about folic acid, (Sorry i forget which one lol) and i am really interested in it. I was taking 3mg of Folic Acid, but i have had to stop as i think its the reason for my tummy issues, for 4 days now i have had so many problems, and i am wondering if i need to check into the Methyletrahydrofolate, so i wanted to say thanks for posting about that, it might just be that my body cannot process it at a higher dose.

Love to you all, and no worries, i am still checking in on all of you and praying for little Easter eggs for all of you!!:hugs:

Oh and P.S the progesterone cream is working wonders, normally right after i ovulate my bbs get so sore, and i have cramps and generaly feel kind of cruddy off and on until AF shows, well now with the progesterone cream, my bbs dont hurt and i am not having any cramps, so that alone is a wonderful thing lol.

Manuiti, fx'd that those eggies fertilize!!! GL!!!!!

Man - Good Luck!! That's wonderful news!!!

DrS - I hope you get some sperm that move forward! FX'd!! Did you still do IUI today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->