TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi ladies :)

thank you for all the birthday wishes :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Pad - omg - I am so happy to "see you" I have thought about you often and how spooky that you and OMM pop up in the same week - yay for us :D I am also delighted to hear you are going to have another go - big loves to you hun xxx

Omm - good news about the progesterone!! I really really hope this "does it" for you :hugs:

Asry, Frolicky, DrS and Manuiti - ladies I am rooting for you and keeping all limbs crossed!!

Missy - I am glad you managed to get your notes, I hope seeing what that ****** of a doctor wrote didn't upset you though :hugs:

Dwrgi - how are you doing lovely? and did you manage to get to the pub the other night?? Ohh and is the heating fixed??? :hugs:

HA - hope you are doing ok hun :hugs: :hugs:

Dashka - oh your furbaby is gorgeous!! I want to snuggle!! I hope that rotten cold is almost done with!

Lils - you hardly have any time to wait until your trip - you must be so excited!! and what a great thing that the price went down!!

Butterfly - I never realised that the little flying butterfly was a link - you clever thing you! I am going to stalk your chart now - I love a bit of chart stalking :haha:

Twinkle - are you doing anything nice this weekend chick - you always seem to be soooo busy!!

ok...who am I missing?? huge :hugs: to LadyH, Never, Agape, madalaine and anyone I am forgetting. Hope everyone's weekend is fab!!

AFM - it's MIL birthday tomorrow also, so all of us - DH, MIL, FIL and BIL (pain in the read end!) plus me mum and dad are all having some lunch :) dh has suggested sharing the news tomorrow with everyone, since they are all together. I hope it doesn't jinx anything!!

Pad-it is so lovely to 'see' you again and I am so glad that our lovely Butterfly flushed you out!!! :flower::flower::flower::flower: Great news that hubby is prepared to try again, is it DE or OE? Whichever, I soooooo wish you GL and your own little bb!! Lots and lots of love, Axxx

Chris-ditto you!! So glad to have your posts on here again! Have really missed you! Glad prog. cream working for you! xxx

Frolicky-FX that this is THE cycle for you! Not long to go till testing! I'm with Twinkle-I never test, but wait for AF (who always arrives, :grr::grr::grr:).

Dr S-that is SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO annoying but I don't understand why they don't check this as a matter of course with donated semen. FFS! How frustrating, but as Lil said, at least now you have a reason why the IUIs weren't working. So hopeful that Donor 2 has sperm that actually want to get on with the job! Stay positive, you just never know with this business! :hugs:

Lil-hope you have fun playing Easter bunny!!! This is for you: :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Butterfly-good news that opks are looking more positive. Bugger and bums that BF is not available till tomorrow. But you have 40 hours from when LH surge detected so that should be okay!! GL!!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dashka-you poor thing. It sounds like you are completely run down. I think the medicine Manuiti mentioned is Bee Propolis which is supposed to raise immunity. Might be worth a shot? Glad acu eased it a bit. Take it easy hun, Axxx:hugs:

Asry-how are you feeling hun? Hope you're relaxing and doing NOTHING at all!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Manuiti-that is excellent news, and how great that three out of five eggs have fertilized. Seems like food clinic stats to me. Are they going to transfer three back? Hope they're developing and dividing as we speak! You must be so excited. Just rest up now, and keep the protein and water intake up. FX!! xxx

Missy-the book you may want to read is by Dr. Alan Beer and is called 'Is your body body friendly?' or something like that. It explains all about immunes testing. Here are the tests my clinic runs:

Level 1 Tests

Coagulation screen, Thrombophilia screen (Protein C, Protein S, AntiThrombin III, Leiden Factor V), MTHFR, Thyroid function test, Lupus Anticoagulant,
Anticardiolipin Antibodies.

Level 2 Tests:
-Natural Killer (NK) cell assay panel
-TH1/TH2 cytokine ratio
-Leucocyte Antibody Detection (LAD) (blood also required from partner).
-DQ Alpha Antigen (blood also required from partner).
-Natural Killer (NK) endometrial biopsy.

I think GPs will run the level 1 tests, but when I asked about them, they seemed indifferent, saying it was more of a concern for those who frequently miscarried. Tbh, every GP and consultant I have come across are indifferent to these tests, but I know that SOME consultants DO believe in these, and will run autoimmune tests alongside regular IVF treatment. The main UK clinic for AR (the ARGC, where Skye was treated), does it, and has the best success rates in the UK, so that says it all.

Mr FS says it's a "grey area" and has blamed our infertility on our "old eggs", which I think is the usual get out of jail card. But, there is compelling evidence in favour of these tests, and it's this that I cannot ignore. Definitely worth looking into.

Twinks-what are you up to this weekend? I bet you're super busy, with Easter services, etc. Hope you're okay? xxxx

Purple-getting all ready for the big
4-0? Hope you have a great day!! xxxx

Missy-sorry, me again, when's your birthday exactly? xx

HA-how are you hun?? Hope you're having a lovely weekend? :hugs:

Agape Love-:flower:

Hope everybody's having a lovely weekend. I had a few drinks last night and it was a BIG mistake, as I feel really down today. I know alcohol has the ability to do this, but I just think it's too soon afer my disappointment to be exposing myself to any self destructive behaviour, like negative thoughts because I'm tired and hungover. Really pi%%ed off and I know I have been an absolute moo moo to OH, but I know I'll have good days and bad. Oh well c'est la piggin vie. :nope::nope:

Love to you all, Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AFM - it's MIL birthday tomorrow also, so all of us - DH, MIL, FIL and BIL (pain in the read end!) plus me mum and dad are all having some lunch :) dh has suggested sharing the news tomorrow with everyone, since they are all together. I hope it doesn't jinx anything!!

Oh WOW - you are going to knock their socks off! Its a great present for MIL & parents alike! So, how are you going to say it? "Thanks for my 40th bday wishes... I'm pregnant, can you please pass the salt?" :haha: I forget what movie that was (w/o the 40 part)

GOOD LUCK to you & enjoy that wonderful bday lunch! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

We've cross-posted again Purps, but I think that's a marvellous idea to share the news when you're all together! It will be wonderful and I am positive it won't jinx anything!!! Have a lovely day! xxx :flower::flower::flower::flower:

We had the sh&tfaced guy from the pub come to do the boiler, and he was great. Thank heavens!!! Thanks for asking!!! :hugs::hugs:

Good Luck Butterfly!!!!!!!!! FX'd for you!!! Why or why can't the man just be available at the press of a button. ;) :dust:

Exactly - I'm frantically thinking to myself is there anyone else around here I know that might give me some :spermy: lol :haha::haha::dohh:

:haha: there must be a queue of men who would offer!! :winkwink:

It may be time to go "pub-hopping" with a nice miniskirt or some fm pumps... :haha: (j/k... unless he's cute, then not j/k) :flower:

Lils - I LOVE that!!! I just read your post to dh and he said it sounds exactly right!! :haha:

dwrgi - have some chocolate hun - it is a mood elevator and you NEED it!!

Dwrgi, I think the down days were going to hit you at some point so don't beat yourself up too much about it and hope OH is understanding that this is going to happen. Sending you some big :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Oh and Dwrgi - I recognise all those tests and had those done for a screen at my local hospital - so therefore my local pathlab - they did take a few weeks, but it would defineitly give you some peace of mind (and save some money) if your GP would request them :)

Dwrgi - thanks for the :bunny:! :haha:

& thanks for the info on the immune tests :thumbup: bc I was interested to see if I had gotten them. Apparently I got Level 1, but I have never had Level 2 so I'm going to ask my hematologist about them when I go!

And I'm w/you on those tests - what could POSSIBLY be the harm in knowing as many facts/info you can about your body? Its just some simple blood tests vs going a whole year throwing tons of $ & hopes out the window, right? At our ages we have to stack the deck as much as possible & espec. for those of us LTTC. You never know when you are going to discover that 1 little thing that makes all the difference! :flower:

You should not be down about :beer::drunk: but it's "ok" to feel down about the ICSI You are allowed to take painkillers today, treat yourself to a hot bath & pamper yourself, cry or whatever you need to do. I am sure that OH does understand that you are letting out some frustration... :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lils - I LOVE that!!! I just read your post to dh and he said it sounds exactly right!! :haha:

Plus, I'm bloody worth it!
xxx
(thanks L'Oreal).

Hi ladies!
good morning!

Manu - that is awesome news..... fingers and toes crossed that they fertilize fertilize!! be good to yourself..

Dr-S -that completely sucks that you just found that out.... Like Manu said don't let it bring you down now at this point as you are still in the game!!! it does only take one tiny little spermie.

Frolicky - hope you are okay - hope you can hold out to test ... I never get to wait until 13 DPO cause AF always shows up! Good luck to you!!!

On My Mind - that was me that posted about that form of Folic acid... I've never heard of that happening -tummy upset with too much folic acid... Have you changed anything else?? Ie. too much B vitamins can make you nauseous... Also that is interesting what you said about progesterone cream - I have found the opposite that when I use it it gives me preggo symptoms ie. sore bbs, bloating, tired etc.... I wish you luck and thanks for posting!

AFM - today I think I'm 7DPO - and still sick - been up a lot again the last 3 nights coughing away... I just want to be well again...:dohh: This bronchitis just doesn't want to go. It's not too bad during the day (other than being tired from not sleeping well) but at night (lying down) it always makes me cough more even with 3 pillows... I went for acupuncture last night and she did some points for lungs too - I coughed so hard at one point half way through that some of the needles popped out! :haha::dohh:

Hello to everyone I've missed and Hope you ladies have a great weekend and for those who celebrate - Happy Easter!

xoxo

Thanks for replying, hmmmmm ok now i wonder if it was the B6 vit i was taking that upset it so much, thanks so much for letting me know. As for your bronchitis, i have had that, if you are avoiding the doctor, use grapefruit seed extract, you mix it in with some juice, i found orange juice to be the best, and omg it works so well, i have either shortened an illness or prevented it every time since i started using it. If you want to see a doctor, you need to have them give you a breathing treatment, when i had bronchitis a few years back i could not stop coughing, they gave me a treatment there and omg it was amazing, they sent me home with an inhaler that i used for a few days, it was called Albuterol, and man did that stuff wind you up, but at least i was not coughing, also what works very well is Mucinex, your coughing because you have fluid stuck in your lungs, even though its a dry cough, you need to get it out, and Mucinex works wonders for breaking up that stuff. I know how horrible that can be, i sure hope you feel better soon.

:rofl: - You HAVE to tell us how that works out for you!

- "For Keeps" is the movie (Molly Ringwald says "I'm pregnant, can you pass the turnips?")

Dwrgi - :hugs: :hugs: I wish I could do more!! It breaks my heart. I was cleaning today and just thinking about how wonderful it would be if one of you would get a :bfp: a.s.a.p. (the ones who have been here a while). The joy we would all feel and hope. I am truly sending out the vibes~~~~~~

Hello lovelies - esp Pad big hugs & kisses - so nice to see you!!! Yep you got it right, been super busy - got 2 days off now though & we're off to my parents as it's my Dad's 60th on Sunday & my brother & his boyfriend are coming up from Cambridge -I'm so looking forward to spending some time with them.

Means I won't be around for a couple of days but I'll be thinking of you all & sending you big hugs & baby dust. I'll catch up on Tuesday. Happy Easter xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->