TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey frolicky it is perfectly normal to worry about your BFP after having a previous loss, if it does drive you crazy you can get progesterone and baby asprin from your Dr as the asprin is supposed to help reduce MC and progesterone helps bean to stick. I took both this time as just felt I needed something. Don't be afraid to ask for a little extra help that is what those meds are for x x

Hey frolicky it is perfectly normal to worry about your BFP after having a previous loss, if it does drive you crazy you can get progesterone and baby asprin from your Dr as the asprin is supposed to help reduce MC and progesterone helps bean to stick. I took both this time as just felt I needed something. Don't be afraid to ask for a little extra help that is what those meds are for x x

Thanks Carole. It is a little nerve wrecking. I am on the progesterone suppositories ($460/month) but will ask about the baby asprin. Can I get that at the drug store or do I need a prescription for that?

Hey you should be able to get that from the drug store just ask the pharmacist you just take 1 a day

$450 a month... That is steep! What kind is that? Mine is $115 for two weeks so $230 a month....

Frolicky your Ils sound lovely!!!! it is so hard after a mc to believe that it can happen. I wish I had the advice to help- but I'm still struggling with it. Absolutely chuffed for you though xx

Oh and yes we told the family, everyone was delighted and happy, mil cried a lot! Me and dh are happy but still trying not to be too excited until after the scan ..... Only ten days to wait

Congrats froliky!!!!! I just read your little snippet about your in laws and had tears. That is sooooooo wonderful they are on board. H&H 9 months!

View attachment 371975 Two days ago this was "Not Pregnant" and just now this is what I got. Now, I am nervously happy.

OMG OMG OMG Frolicky!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WOO-HOOOO!!!!! - YAY!!!! HOLY SH**!!!!

Other than those "words", I am utterly speechless I am so FRACKING HAPPY for you!!! So:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::friends::friends::friends::friends::friends:

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!!

Seriously this thread is truly the best!!! Purple that is so sweet! It's so hard after a mc. I just came back from a walk/run and was just trying my darndest to keep manifesting my dreams and sending out way lots of :baby: vibes~~~~ to everyone on this thread~~~ xoxo You are all so damn GREAT!!!!!!! Thanks for your support and love!

OMG, I still can't believe you got an EASTER MIRACLE!!!!! (well, I can believe it, but I guess its been a while on here...) That yoga breakdown is so good for you though, Frolicky!

yes, take baby aspirin - just go to CVS/Walgreens - I take Bayer low-dose 81mg (hard to findones that actually said "baby aspirin" on them - perhaps they are targeting a "larger audience" by putting low-dose). That's what the Boca Fert Dr put me on to make sure no clotting messes w/implantation from MTHFR & I see so many others taking it MTHFR or not - for implantation.

My prog levels seem to be ok, but Carole & you inspired me to perhaps take a little extra in the 2WW just in case...apparently can't hurt anything.

Yay, Fro, get this party started!!! I wanna see some more Easter miracles on here!!!! :dust::dust::dust:

P.S. - I can't imagine yoru nerves, but try to stay calm, honey - ommmm, ommmm, ommmm (awesome what happened in yoga - a breakdown during yoga is supposed to be a good thing & it sounds like you really needed it at that moment :thumbup:)

Congrats froliky!!!!! I just read your little snippet about your in laws and had tears. That is sooooooo wonderful they are on board. H&H 9 months!

Thank you and Welcome!!! We are all here to support you through this!! :flower:

OMG, I still can't believe you got an EASTER MIRACLE!!!!! (well, I can believe it, but I guess its been a while on here...) That yoga breakdown is so good for you though, Frolicky!

yes, take baby aspirin - just go to CVS/Walgreens - I take Bayer low-dose 81mg (hard to findones that actually said "baby aspirin" on them - perhaps they are targeting a "larger audience" by putting low-dose). That's what the Boca Fert Dr put me on to make sure no clotting messes w/implantation from MTHFR & I see so many others taking it MTHFR or not - for implantation.

The progesterone cream my DAM/DCM got for me was Source Naturals, but there are some available at Vitamin Shoppe I believe. Dashka can probably recommend the best ones to take, but if you wanted to get started right away, you probably have a Vit Shoppe up there. My prog levels seem to be ok, but Carole & you inspired me to perhaps take a little extra in the 2WW just in case...apparently can't hurt anything.

Yay, Fro, get this party started!!! I wanna see some more Easter miracles on here!!!! :dust::dust::dust:

P.S. - I can't imagine yoru nerves, but try to stay calm, honey - ommmm, ommmm, ommmm (awesome what happened in yoga - a breakdown during yoga is supposed to be a good thing & it sounds like you really needed it at that moment :thumbup:)

Thanks. I am going to get some now. I also doubled my prenatal vitamins, been doing the red rasberry leaf tea, walnuts, grapefruit juice (with splash of cranberry), green (lots and lots), fresh fruit, and protein. Today I had 3 hard boiled eggs for lunch. :winkwink: Yeah, this is a miracle!! I can't tell you how much I was praying and I am not Christian but I was praying like a :wacko: woman.

$450 a month... That is steep! What kind is that? Mine is $115 for two weeks so $230 a month....

Welcome Nicker!!! The progesterone is Crimona (sp?). It's a newer prescription and a suppository not a pill? Not sure why it's so expensive but that is what they charged me. If we get the baby it's all worth it though!! :hugs:

Another good way to cleanse your liver from the meds is to start off your day with a glass of water with the juice of 1/2 fresh lemon.... it will kick start your digestion and help to cleanse.... I hope this helps! Be sure to rinse your mouth with plain water afterwards as the lemon juice can be hard on your gums...

Lils - thanks for your note - yes my ND said there is a good chance I have what my sister has too -seeing as I've never even had a m/c (never gotten that far to get the BFP) and it's unexplained infertility ... I am hoping that I just have the MTHFR thing -but there are 2 types -don't know which I would have. I have been doing the baby aspirin if it's a clotting thing... and started the chlorophyll incase it's a NK cell thing - and I also read Fish Oil is great for those things too.... Eating gluten free and actually avoiding anything even dairy (if you are sensitive) would be good - If you can get food allergy testing it would help so that you can avoid the foods that you are sensitive too (and your body doesn't react .... you want to calm down the immune system and if you are eating foods that make it react - ie. undigested proteins or whatever in your blood/gut.... then your immune system will never calm down) -that is my take on what I've read. Many times we don't even know we are sensitive to foods -no symptoms.... (it's different than an allergy). Some foods have different symptoms like making us tired or making our joints hurt, making us foggy headed.... it's not just about the gut)

Other things that may help with immune issues : green tea extract (although I am never good about taking this as the tannins in it make me nauseous if I don't take with food).... Also a good quality Fish Oil, and Probiotics

Here is an article that my ND wrote -she specializes in fertility and is also one of the doctors on ivf.ca
https://drfiona.whitelotusclinic.ca/2011/03/natural-treatments-for-autoimmune-infertility-concerns/

Hello to everyone I missed and hope you have a great day!!

xoxo
I will try to attache
Anyway -so for the ramble.... hee hee

Dashka thank you so much for all of the info! I have ordered the Folapro (L-5-MTHF) off of Amazon (2 bottles in case I have to take double) & I take the Fish Oil, baby aspirin & prenatals. I still have to buy the Prob's you recommended (I have it in my TTC Notes file - half of it's from you :winkwink:). I do take this seriously, I just get a little forgetful after a while & sometimes its a lot to "take in" (& sometimes its just plain a lot of $$$! :haha: ), so I copy the things I need to remember & put in a Notes file.

I didn't know about sensitivities vs allergies - the more I learn the dumber I am feeling about all of this! :blush::dohh: :haha: (but if I got food allergy testing, how would I tell a sensitivity? Got food/everything allergy testing last year. I've never been allergic to anything but all in 1 year I suddenly got seasonal allergies, got rushed to ER after anaphylactic shock from kiwi (of all the darn things I've been eating it all my life?) & then ER after anaphylactic response from xylocane (they called it "adult onset" of allergies...)

Thank you for the link/article - I have bookmarked it!:thumbup:

You are so sweet :flower: looking after all of us like you do. :friends: You so deserve a :bfp: your own & I am keeping my FX & everything else crossed that the new steps you've taken & addressing the MTHFR & immunity will make all the difference for you!!! :hugs:

P.S. - Is green tea ok or has to be extract?

Well, I think I partially broke down because right before class a woman walked in and said she had just heard on NPR the Dalai Lama talking about how we should not complicate things and I thought I was complicating things with trying to get pregnant and my situation and because my situation was "complicated" maybe it was not meant to be. Hopefully, that is not the case. :)

Hello everyone. I need some wisdom. First of all, a little about myself and my history. I am 38 (39 in August), single, and trying to get pregnant. I have done 3 IUIs (details follow)

100mg Clomid CD2-6. CD10 follies 6mm, 8mm, 7mm.
Jan. 25 (CD15) triggered with 19mm, 16mm, and 12mm follies. IUI #1 CD16 (24hrs after trigger) January 26, 2012 :spermy: 98.93 Mil/ml - 59.7 Mil Motile (60%) - 11.3 Mil Progressive - 7.0 Mil Rapid Progressive :bfn:

100mg Clomid CD 2-6. Bravelle 75iu CD 5-9 CD10= 23mm, 18mm, and 17mm follicles. Cetrotide to delay ovulation until sperm arrives. Trigger Feb 22 (CD11) IUI #2 CD12 (24hrs after trigger) February 23, 2012 :spermy: 30.64 Mil/ml - 7.4 Mil Motile (24%) - 1.7 Mil Progressive - 0.05 Mil Rapid Progressive :bfn:

Bravelle 150iu and Repronex 75iu CD3-8 Scan on CD9=7 follies over 13mm (Probably 3 mature). Trigger March 20 IUI #3 CD11 (36 hours after trigger) March 21, 2012 :spermy: 43.80 Mil/ml - 29.0 Mil Motile (66%)- 4.5 Mil Progressive - 2.2 Mil Rapid Progressive :bfn:

I always get frustrated with my doc. I love the man, but sometimes I want to strangle him. He always tells me I have no time to waste because I don't have many eggs. I think he is basing that solely on my age. He has never discussed the results of my antral follicle count with me but if I wouldn't have "passed" that, I wouldn't have been able to go ahead with the first cycle. After all of my tests he just said that I was a candidate for IUI so I was happy. I did take a picture of the screen when he left the room after my antral follie scan, so I have the information. I googled it at the time and from what I could tell it looked like I had typical 38 year old ovaries.

Rt Ovary
volume 5.04 cm3
length 2.75 cm
A-P 1.53 cm
width 2.29 cm

Lt Ovary
volume 6.46 cm3
length 2.56 cm
A-P 2.09 cm
width 2.31 cm

I know on my pre-screening my fsh was 5.9 iu. To me, that indicates that my ovarian reserve is okay. He says there is no way to know the quality of eggs without ivf. The one lab result that I got that was slightly on the low side was Dhea-s. Mine was 1.5 and normal is 1.7 - 9.2. If I can supplement Dhea, why didn't he prescribe that? Could that be what is doing me in? Now that I am learning more, wouldn't that mean that the low Dhea could be affecting my egg quality??? I am Canadian so Dhea is prescription only. Even if it wasn't I would never take it without talking to the doctor since it is a hormone that could mess with all my other hormones.

I will see if I can get in to see my doctor this week. I am currently on CD3 but I am sitting this cycle out. I don't know what my plan is for the future. I have one MAYBE two chances left. I was going to take some time off, but my plan had a couple of glitches. I am not sure if I will be taking just this cycle off or one more after this. If IUI #4 doesn't work and I am able to do IUI#5, IUI#5 probably couldn't be before January.

IVF isn't an option for me.

I hope you all can enlighten me. I hope I am not being rude barging in. I am really at a loss right now and I am really starting to feel like being a mom isn't in the cards for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->