TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dashka - he'll be back for 3 weeks. He does rotations of 9 weeks away working & 3 weeks at home. Hehe - I don't think I'd be able to hold out till Thursday. :)

Squid - hang in there! You can do this!

Dwrgi - hehe dog hugs are awesome! You'll be pleased to know that I've just finished a nice healthy lunch, am drinking plenty and am currently lazing around on my bed watching tv... though I am a bit bored! lol I'm planning on not doing an awful lot until the implantation process should be complete. I'm curious where this 'Embryo Glue' medium that they used for my transfer is going to do its job. Thank you for looking out for me! Big hugs! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:wave: Kinerie and welcome! I'm also a high FSHer as you can see in my signature. Personally I would 1) do your day 3 FSH test a couple/ few more times to see if it's always that high or if it fluctuates up and down. If it's doing the latter, possibly do the AFC on a month when it's lower. I didn't actually have an AFC when I got my high FSH result so I can't compare, but I did after I got my lower score, though not on CD3. My RE put me on bcps for two weeks first and then did it. No idea what the significance of that is though I'm afraid. 2) If you're willing to do it, find a different Dr who will work with you to try IVF even if you only have 1 follicle. At the end of the day 'all' you need is one decent follicle to produce one decent egg. And you won't know if that's possible if you don't try. And if you do go down that route, insist on ICSI as well so you're not taking any chances with the sperm no matter how good they are. My RE said we'd do ICSI as although DHs SA came back perfect, they can struggle to get into tough, old eggs like mine. He did say it more tactfully than that. As they say, the only way to truly assess your egg quality is to do a cycle of IVF, but it is a very expensive way to find out. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dear Maniti, thank you so much for your detailed and helpful response. I have been told outright that I am not a candidate for IVF, I guess because of the number of follicle (s) I have each month, they need 2-4 to work with..My doctor - is one of the best doc in the state, so I have no reason not to trust his judgement. However, sitting back and doing well, nothing really, isn't something I can easily digest. We will be doing unmedicated IUI this weekend/Monday so, I think, I will take your advice and discuss possibility of having IVF with only one follicle. I guess, have to wait and see what is going to happen next month..Also, I feel like an idiot here but what is AFC? A follicle count? When they do CD3 tests, they do blood test to check FSH and ultrasound where all follicles are visible..Last month there were 2, with lower FSH of 17.2, but this month - because of only 1 follicle FSH of course was higher - 22.2...Will def. discuss the possibility of IVF with only 1 egg when we go for our IUI, I didn't realise that anybody would even consider doing it! Thanks so-so much for that info and for all the support! :hugs::hugs:

Kinerie :hi: welcome and :hugs:

I will say that I have seen quite a few women on here get pg with high FSH. So it is not over. Yes, it may be harder but not impossible. Find out all you can about your situation and do what you can to change it or work with it. Sorry that sounds a bit harsh - I don't mean it to, but you did say you didn't want platitiudes... :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Absolutely, thank you Butterfly. I guess, we will proceed with our first unmedicated IUI this weekend/Monday, just so we can say that we are trying everything, although chances are very slim..And then will have to wait and see what test results bring next month. If FSH drops, then I can start taking the meds, if not - well, probably this month scenario..Although Manuiti on this forum has suggested to try IVF with only one follicle, with ICSI to help..Never thought that this might be a possibility..Any thoughts??:wacko:

Dashka - he'll be back for 3 weeks. He does rotations of 9 weeks away working & 3 weeks at home. Hehe - I don't think I'd be able to hold out till Thursday. :)

Squid - hang in there! You can do this!

Dwrgi - hehe dog hugs are awesome! You'll be pleased to know that I've just finished a nice healthy lunch, am drinking plenty and am currently lazing around on my bed watching tv... though I am a bit bored! lol I'm planning on not doing an awful lot until the implantation process should be complete. I'm curious where this 'Embryo Glue' medium that they used for my transfer is going to do its job. Thank you for looking out for me! Big hugs! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:wave: Kinerie and welcome! I'm also a high FSHer as you can see in my signature. Personally I would 1) do your day 3 FSH test a couple/ few more times to see if it's always that high or if it fluctuates up and down. If it's doing the latter, possibly do the AFC on a month when it's lower. I didn't actually have an AFC when I got my high FSH result so I can't compare, but I did after I got my lower score, though not on CD3. My RE put me on bcps for two weeks first and then did it. No idea what the significance of that is though I'm afraid. 2) If you're willing to do it, find a different Dr who will work with you to try IVF even if you only have 1 follicle. At the end of the day 'all' you need is one decent follicle to produce one decent egg. And you won't know if that's possible if you don't try. And if you do go down that route, insist on ICSI as well so you're not taking any chances with the sperm no matter how good they are. My RE said we'd do ICSI as although DHs SA came back perfect, they can struggle to get into tough, old eggs like mine. He did say it more tactfully than that. As they say, the only way to truly assess your egg quality is to do a cycle of IVF, but it is a very expensive way to find out. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

A quick question regarding your FSH - how did you manage to drop from 25 to 6.8? Amazing result! Was it over one cycle or did it take you some time? Anything special you have been taking, like vitamins/supplements to help it to bring it down?? Thanks!!

Hi Kinerie, I can't really advise about your FSH etc (because I have no idea) but you'll get some great advice from the ladies here :) and here are some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for you because you sound so down

Dear PurpleLou, thank you so much, from a few responses I got today I do feel like you are supportive and great group!! thanks again for making me feel a bit more hopeful today :kiss:

Hi Dash - I get my 2nd beta tomorrow and 3rd Friday.

Man - Your dogs sound soo cute!!! Take it easy lady!!

Lil - You sick? You work too much!! Take care of yourself or else :grr:

Hi to everyone!! Gotta get back to working.. :comp:

Kinerie - I can't comment on high FSH either, as I don't know much about it except that it can fluctuate from month to month. Did the Dr say you only had a 5% chance "this month" or forever?

This is from another forum: This is what I am doing after LOTS of research..2 quarts or more of H20 a day, no caffeine,alcohol or chocolate, liver detox(helps to regulate hormones), Female Complex by Nature's Answer (includes herbs to help eggs, ovaries, hormones), wheatgrss pills, extra B6, vit E, omega 3, zinc and of course a prenatal tab and walking 40 minutes a day on treadmill... I REFUSE to think that I am old and if I go back to this doctor and he says no... FSH is too high I will simply take all of my records and find somebody else that will help me..

GL to you darlin' :flower:

Hi Dash - I get my 2nd beta tomorrow and 3rd Friday.

Man - Your dogs sound soo cute!!! Take it easy lady!!

Lil - You sick? You work too much!! Take care of yourself or else :grr:

Hi to everyone!! Gotta get back to working.. :comp:

It feels like I might have bronchitis. My nephew was here for 5 days over Easter & he was sick. I'm just going to give it a couple of days, do some green tea, honey, lemon & I gotta go get some ginger tonight (per Dashka's instructions). If I still feel really bad tomorrow I'll go get antib's/cough syrup but they need to be Class B ones or I'm not taking it.

I'm actually hoping its just from breathing the fumes from all of the "Brut" over the last 2days - DH & BIL got into a "cheap cologne battle" throughout the house Sun night & all my beds & pillows became the real casualties. :haha: I'm going to wash everything tonight. That happened to occur on the night we all made a music video in the living room, too (don't ask). :rofl: (my family is full of very mature individuals such as this). We had so much fun tho.

I know, this is my last week of working crazy hours. It doesn't happen too often (anymore) its just here & there - thank God!!! Thanks for asking & good luck - everything crossed - on the betas tomorrow!!! :hugs: :flower:

Dashka, thank you for your suggestions! :thumbup::hugs: I will defin take it seriously espec bc I'm a big :baby: when it comes to being sick :nope: :grr:

Hi all...

Happy birthday Twinkle :cake:

Manuiti your Doggie welcome made me smile, love spaniels!

Dr S that's crap that you are finding eating something so hard. Our staff restaurant nods to some things but ignores others. They do a St Paddys day theme but no Chinese new year. The best was a few years ago for
Diwali They did Beef curry! Hello they don't eat Beef. So silly!:haha:

Frolicky I have everything crossed for you. drS can't have beans but you hang on to your sticky one!

Lil hope nothing too serious, get well soon :hugs:

Kinerie, big :hugs: and congrats on joining the best thread on the whole of BnB
:kiss:

Butterfly, chart looks gooooooooood fx :flower:

Purple, big loves, I can barely hold my excitement for your scan :wacko:

Asry, Hi and how is the weather with you at the moment? How is the puppy too?

dwirgi , you know where you can find so much info, I am going to call you the Oracle :flower:

Luvmydoggies good to hear from you, hope you are on the mend. I had a similar size lump,removed when I was 18. It's traumatic :hugs:

Dashka hope you are feeling more yourself :hugs:

To anyone I missed (it's envitable these days) :hugs:

AFM still a bit down this am, I am training a three day course this week and I like how it takes my mind off ttc. The last delegate rocks up at 9.05 asking to leave early for her midwife appt, she is 24 weeks. So I am stuck for three days in a room with her. *sigh* I also asked DH to chase GP and he says he is giving it until end April as GP said eight weeks. He is so effing compliant it sucks. Delay tactics I reckon and the GP will not talk to me so am stuffed.

At least it is hump day tomorrow already! :happydance:

Kinerie I don't know that much about medicated cycles but I did read recently that Maca can help in lowering FSH. I have been taking it for a while but only recently read this one study. I think the longer you take it the more effect it has :hugs::hugs:

Kinerie I don't know that much about medicated cycles but I did read recently that Maca can help in lowering FSH. I have been taking it for a while but only recently read this one study. I think the longer you take it the more effect it has :hugs::hugs:

Thanks! Will give it a try...

Oh, Twinks it's your birthday too?!

Happy Birthday Twinkle!!!!:cake::cake::cake:

Good luck at the hospital too! I'm sorry I don't know much about NHS (just figured out what it stood for), but The Oracle (Dwrgi :haha: ) posted this a few days back:

-the book you may want to read is by Dr. Alan Beer and is called 'Is your body body friendly?' or something like that. It explains all about immunes testing. Here are the tests my clinic runs:

Level 1 Tests

Coagulation screen, Thrombophilia screen (Protein C, Protein S, AntiThrombin III, Leiden Factor V), MTHFR, Thyroid function test, Lupus Anticoagulant,
Anticardiolipin Antibodies.

Level 2 Tests:
-Natural Killer (NK) cell assay panel
-TH1/TH2 cytokine ratio
-Leucocyte Antibody Detection (LAD) (blood also required from partner).
-DQ Alpha Antigen (blood also required from partner).
-Natural Killer (NK) endometrial biopsy.

Also, you'll want to test all of your hormones, but that's usually done on CD3 so I don't know if its worth getting while at the hospital? In addition to that the standard CBC, Diabetes & glucose screening & any other standard -type tests to check for anything going on. If you want a more detailed list, I have all 29 Tests I've done & I can post in your journal?

Good Luck! :thumbup::flower:

LadyH - If I were you I'd push DH into making that phone call & then call them everyday & bug the sh** out of them. That's what I do until I get an answer or an earlier appt "Got any cancellations today?" "What about today?" "What about today" (they call me first cancellation they get just to get me off their a$$es!).

I know that here the SA results are in the same day, so maybe for you it will only be a few days ( or 1-2 weeks) w/NHS?

I have heard that some people take a good 6 mos+ to get over BCP...:nope: I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: It has been a long time & feeling like crap sucks! :grr: :flower:

Wow, I must have some reading comprehension issues. :wacko:

Happy Birthday Twinkle!! You and Missy together!! :serenade: Happy Birthday!!

Lil - Sorry about being under the weather. I hope you get some good :sleep: tonight and get well soon.

Butterfly - Hoping for you~~~~~

I am curious how everyone else is doing and hearing updates. I don't have much of a life lately. Social calendar is empty. It's fine though, I have been putting most my energy into TTC and there is little left over for social things and work is suffering a bit too but I managed to get some things done today and felt better (always do the day after acupuncture). In addition, I was able to get my mind off the worry etc. Distractions are good. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Frolicky - glad you have some distractions going on! Now sit back & relax, girl - you GOT this! :thumbup:

Funny you just posted. I was just looking back for some of Dashka's remedies for her cough (in case I missed something) & noticed our conversation about your dream - I totally forgot that you had that BFP dream at 9DPO :thumbup:

+HPT & +OPK dreams before they happen = FREAKY! :wacko::bunny:\\:D/:headspin:

Thanks Lil! I just read on another forum one of the girls had an ectopic and her ovary ruptured. Holy Sh!t! I may need a BnB break. My heart just aches so much for her right now. Ugh!!

Thanks Lil! I just read on another forum one of the girls had an ectopic and her ovary ruptured. Holy Sh!t! I may need a BnB break. My heart just aches so much for her right now. Ugh!!

OMG, that's HORRIBLE! :grr::grr::grr: That's secretly one of my worst fears in TTC... :nope:

You take a break if you need to - whatever you need to reduce stress & worry, etc. :thumbup: We'll still be here, just pop in once in a while to let us know the scoop, tho. Or I will start driving all around NPB & knocking on every door looking for "Frolicky2011" :haha: & then they'll lock me up for sure. Either that or I'll just PM you :winkwink:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Frolicky I feel so bad for her. She went through hell stimming for her three IUIs too. Meds were exceptionally hard on her. She did respond great to meds though so hopefully with one ovary and tube she can still have a baby of her own.

Hi Ladies :flower:

Luvmydoggies - I'm so sorry, you've been through hell. Must've been so hard. But glad everything worked out well :hugs::hugs: and you got sold your townhouse, so let the ttc begin again huh? :winkwink:

Froliky&Dwirgi - you asked about my due date for :devil: and gyn said I should test on 22.4. but yeah right, I'll be testing early next week - I know myself that I cannot wait :haha: I'm 6dpiui today. Me&DrS are having same dpiui's :thumbup:

LadyH - Glad you are feeling little better :hugs: and GL with your hump day :haha::haha: hope you get your results soon!!!!!!
Weather here is getting bit warmer, sun is shining and got like +7c now. Still do have piles of snow though. Puppy is doing good, he is our little babyboy :cloud9:
Kinerie - :hugs: you should also read Julia Indichovas book Inconceivable, she had high fsh and was turned down from fertilityclinics..but found a wat to get preggers!
LilS - your easter sounds so fun!! :happydance: Wish I could've been there to not being adult :haha:
Froliky - how are you today? I'm sure betas sky rocketing :plane:
Dwirgi - what's the latest with you? Do you have any plans on project baby? :hugs:

Hugs to you all!!!!! :hugs:

afm: nothing else here, not feeling anything different. More like blah..whatever

Twinkle - good luck today at your appointment, hope you get some good news/a plan and that your doctors are kind!! Big loves xxxx :hugs:

is it your birthday hun??

I will keep you all posted. I can't leave you hanging. Feeling symptoms now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->