TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Thanks Purple ... Yes the illness seems to be gone ... I haven't taken anything for a week and a half now. I suspect that the inhaler they gave me was irritating my throat as it said that was one of the side effects... Go figure! And not sure if it did morph into allergies cause I only took the Claritan (antihistamine) for 2 days ... Maybe I was too weak to fight them off and once I got stronger my immune system kicked in ... Not sure . Thanks for asking!! :)

Urgh dashka that is a tricky one. I don't really know but I would think if you had been asleep for an hour the one after that shuld be alright even though they say 3 hours. Mine don't really differ that much if I wake up in the night so I've not seen such a big difference, sorry not much help.:shrug:

Dashka I would use the lower one after 3.5 hours sleep & yes, I think you are ov'ing today or tomorrow - FX :dust:

Hi Ladies -

I am trying to climb up out of the ashes now. Had a very rough mc & I wasn't prepared for it bc I thought it would be easier since it was "only 5 weeks". It ended up physically giving me a run for my money. I have a cyst on the left that decided to act up & shoot pains from my ovary to my leg, had my mc & that pain happening out of the rt side and then the pressure built up so bad it was squishing my lumbar discs up against my spinal cord (where I had all of those surgeries), so it wasn't pretty. :devil::argh:

I have missed so much work now that I have been paying for it big time :nope:. So, I will post proper in a bit but I am having a very hard time trying to remember things that I used to remember so easily? So you'll have to excuse me while I pick my brain back up off the floor & tryto put it back together... :headspin:](*,):loopy:.

Oh yeah, on top of it all I got a big nasty cold sore on my lip from stressing out over the betas & mc, too... I really needed that, thanks. :dohh::growlmad::gun:

Big :hugs: & a big thank you :thumbup: for thinking of me & wishing me well even though I was MIA... :hugs::hugs::hugs::friends: I'll post proper in a bit (If I can remember who the hell you people are!? :shrug: :haha:)

Good morning Ladies!! I hope everyone had a restful night and had happy baby dreams!

You all are so amazing! Always so supportive of each other and so positive when someone else needs it most. The ladies on this forum are such an inspiration to us newbies!! Thank you for that! :hug:

I am 3 DPO/IUI today and just trying to take it easy and not stress myself out. I'm a bit perplexed by my temps though... maybe someone with more knowledge can help? This is my first time really temping since my partner and I have to go the route of IUI with DS and I'm 36yrs old, so doc decided just to go straight to using Clomid and Ovidrel, so he said temping wasn't necessary. I decided on my own to temp, just to be able to track what my body is doing.

So, I gave myself the trigger shot on Friday, April 20 @ 8pm. I had my IUI on Sunday, April 22 @ 9:30am. On Saturday, my temp was slightly elevated to 97.02ish (I'm doing this from memory as my chart is at home in the night stand :) ) Sunday, it was 97.56 and Monday was 97.57. Yesterday (Tuesday) it jumped up to 97.98 and today it is 98.06. Does that all sound right to have caught ovulation with the IUI on Sunday?

Otherwise, I'm doing great. DP and I are in a better place in our relationship than ever before and life is good. She gets a sparkle in her eye every time she talks about baby stuff, though she keeps saying she only wants to try a total of three or four times before looking into adoption. I don't agree as I want to keep trying, which is what we WILL do :D ... so a slight bone of contention there... I'll change her mind! HAHA!

Hi HTJ - I have not properly welcomed you bc I was MIA for a while, so welcome to our humble thread! :flower: I'm not sure if we've ever had a same sex couple on here, but we've had just about every other kind (yes, there's actually more options than just husbands & wives on here, you'll see! :winkwink:) so thank you for making us more complete now!!! :thumbup: We are truly a diversified group & I think we learn soooo much more that way! :hugs:

It would be easier to see if I could see your chart... I take it you are doing manually/by hand if it is by your nightstand, damn. Are you asking if you caught ov bc your temps were already starting to rise when you did the IUI? Do you use OPK's? (if so, what day showed the +OPK?) typically, your ov day is the day that your temp drops &/or the day before there is a "sustained shift in temps of at least .4 F for 3 days+). I'm having a difficult time "visualizing", but I need one last piece of info. You said Sat your temp "was slightly elevated at 97.02"? Which day was your lowest temp & how much was it?

Sorry so many questions, but I like charts & I'm trying to figure yours out for you! Also, check out fertilityfriend.com (you can click on mine if you want) - maybe you might want to start charting there because they will tell you EXACTLY when you ov'd & you will learn so many other important things about yourself (& tracks symptoms, feelings, test results, meds & supps, etc). I knew I was pregnant last month before any HPT told me (implantation dips) & I knew that I was going to miscarry before any blood test or Dr told me (large temp drop). It's really interesting & amazing stuff! Thanks :flower:

Lil - Massive :hug: :hugs: :hugs: Welcome back.

Jack - I don't chart but I am sure the other ladies will be great help. Good Luck!! Sounds promising either way.

Dashka - I had my LH surge on CD11 and IUI on CD12 and BFP. Ever since the mc it seems I o earlier (before LH surge was usually on CD12). I hope you catch a good egg!! :dust:

Dwrgi - :hugs: :hugs: Oh, hon, I completely understand. Your strength is admirable and you are so lovely. You would make an excellent mom. I have thought the same thing, because I just don't have the endurance but I the whole how to live with seeing pregnant ladies etc. was always a concern of mine too. I am guessing I would have to do lots of therapy and travel. :hug:

Purple - Enjoy Norway, you lucky lady!!!

Butterfly - :hugs: How are you?

DrS - Damn, oh, man that is a bummer!! I know for me, I could not wait and found another doctor to fill in. I just could not wait, so I understand. We only get 12/year so every month is pretty important as we get older, or that is how I felt. :hugs: :hugs:

Pad - You are amazing!! :hugs: May your siggy get a new do a.s.a.p.!!

Titi - You are amazing too! :hugs: Good luck to you and HA and you prepare for your next cycle. We are all hoping/praying/ sending :dust: to you both!!!! :hugs:

Arsy, Man & Madeline - enjoy :cloud9: :)

Hi to everyone else! I am sure I missed someone, as I did this all by memory.

Hi LilSluz! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!! I'm glad to be here :happydance: And I sure do appreciate your help with the charting and yes, my question was to see if we caught O. I am truly a beginner with this. My doc relies comlpetely on the meds so I'm just temping on my own, for my own information.

I wish that I was able to better answer all of your questions... I think when I have a chance tonight, I'll go to FF and start a chart with temps, meds, etc. and with my calendar in front of me I'll be able to give you more information. Unfortunately, tonight is a super busy night for me so it might not be until late, if not tomorrow.

When I get off work I have to go straight out to prep stalls to bring horses in before the rain starts, then we are going to a comedy club with friends so, will have to see how the evening plays out timewise.

Thanks so much for your help!!:hugs:

I am going to have to take this a few at a time vs. my usual long list because I am completely twp lately... :haha: (Welsh for intellectually challenged...did I use that right Dwrgi?)

Bear – I am so sorry that this cycle did not work out for you! I hope & pray that you will have that “3x a charm” luck for your next IVF. Also may I add that if you feel you are not implanting properly, then go with your gut instincts. I had that same feeling & finally ended up finding out I had a more severe form of MTHFR & am just now taking steps to resolve it. You may have missed this, but here is a link that gives a whole list of supps to take & what they are for, what they helps, etc.
https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...topic=226042.0
It’s a bit overwhelming but if you want to just start at what aids implantation, you can. Or what aids your eggs, you can do that & etc. Dwrgi (the Oracle) has such great info on the egg-thing too, as she has shared :hugs: & :flower:

Asry – hope you are still feeling elated & on :cloud9: How are you? :hugs:

Manuiti – how did Monday go for you honey? Amazing your mom “knew” – I think they have special powers sometimes! :thumbup: maybe she had that ESPN thing… :haha:

Fro – how are those betas doing? Hope things are going well for you!!! And I really, really appreciate you meditating & sending me/us good vibes! That’s very sweet of you :hugs: And I appreciate any advice or things you find out that may help us too. I’d like to know about things that are out there bad or good & we can each decide if we want to take it or leave it, do something about it or not… :hugs:

Madeline – Congrats to you!!! Looks like you caught the fairy too! :happydance: (where do you live? We are trying to track her :winkwink:) I hope you have a very happy & healthy 9 months!

Purps – I hope you are still on :cloud9: too. And thank you for that nice siggie you have. I hope you get your wish too!!! I also forgot you are a nurse! I vaguely remember you saying how you had to deal with women who were getting abortions (was that you? Was a looong time ago..)

DrS – Oh sh**, I hope those cysts don’t mess w/your follies! :growlmad: Are they luteal cysts? I have one on my left side & I get worried about that interfering w/TTC too… “They” say they don’t interefere & resolve on their own, but I sometimes have my doubts myself. Did you pick which DS yet? They both sounded really good! Hope, hope, hope things will get resolved for you soon!

Dashka - I would use the temp that was after 3.5 hours of sleep if it were me.

and hitthejackpot, I could be wrong, but I think I read or heard somewhere that clomid can affect your temps, maybe someone else can confirm that - or tell me Im an ass :haha: anyway - fingers crossed for you hun xxxx

Hi LilSluz! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!! I'm glad to be here :happydance: And I sure do appreciate your help with the charting and yes, my question was to see if we caught O. I am truly a beginner with this. My doc relies comlpetely on the meds so I'm just temping on my own, for my own information.

I wish that I was able to better answer all of your questions... I think when I have a chance tonight, I'll go to FF and start a chart with temps, meds, etc. and with my calendar in front of me I'll be able to give you more information. Unfortunately, tonight is a super busy night for me so it might not be until late, if not tomorrow.

When I get off work I have to go straight out to prep stalls to bring horses in before the rain starts, then we are going to a comedy club with friends so, will have to see how the evening plays out timewise.

Thanks so much for your help!!:hugs:

No probs HTJ! Yeah, ummm... horses & comedy clubs totally trump charting any day, so go have a blast! :thumbup:

Just get around to it when you have time & then let me/us know or post it in your siggie & I/we'll be glad to help!

and Lils - welcome back :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
you take it gently now and don't overdo things!!

Hey ladies, Im new to this thread, but I've posted on others.

I'm 37 and TTC for almost 2 years. I've had one chemical pregnancy in August. Ive had 3 failed IUI's and now heading toward IVF.

Truthfully speaking, I am terrified of IVF, not the needles or the hormones, but what if it failed. I am slowly losing my mind each day. There was never a time in my life where I never wanted to have kids and its like my worst nightmare is currrently happening and I have zero control. My DH is amazing, but really doesnt know what goes through my mind each day.

This week in particular was a tough one, with 2 births announced and my DH is an avid photographer and was asked by his cousin's wife to take her maternity photo's to which I came along. My DH was taken off guard and couldnt say no. I completely understand, but its still so sad. In addition, my younger sister is pregnant with her 3rd and she hasnt announced it to me as of yet (my other sister told me) so I've secretly been avoiding her and its so not her fault and I feel horrible for acting this way.

I seriously pray every day and night and nothing. Its like a vicious cycle. You cant get pregnant if you dont relax and you can't relax if you dont get pregnant. In addition, I suffer from everyday anxiety and it just seems so unfair.

Sorry to be a Debbier Downer today, I know you ladies understand the frustrations of trying to conceive, especially at 37. Thanks for listening.

Butterfly – Damn that effing :witch:!!! :grr::grr::grr: I’m so sorry she got you! :growlmad::( I know you are worried bc you are running out of time as far as the ex, but perhaps you will be one of those people that gets that last-minute surprise!? :thumbup: I am so hoping for you! :flower: :hugs: You are going to get your BFP whether it is by ex or by ___:-k? (there are still lots of options!) :winkwink: You just hang in there & don’t give up hope. :flower: :hugs:

Pad – Oh DARN it, I was sooo looking forward to trying one of those British tacos! But now that I know they don’t produce hangovers, they’ve lost their enticement…:haha:

On a serious note, you poor thing – your mc’s were 11-12 weeks?! Ugh – my God. I feel for you. Oh & yes, PGD was what I had found. I was just curious whether you’d tried it in the past, but sounds like you went down that road already (damnit) :nope: You are so strong & I am so happy that you have come back & are ready to get back on that horse. Don’t you give up there little lady, there’s bound to be a girl in there somewhere just waiting to happen! And put it together with all this Florida sunshine & romantic sunsets…:winkwink: :hugs::flower: (think PINK!)

[Oh Pad – to add your chart go to “Sharing”, “Get Code” (under Charting Home Page) & go to the “bbCode (message boards)” & copy & paste that first link (Chart Thumbnail) into your siggie. :thumbup:]

Dwrgi – I have emailed your Veet Amazon link to the Pentagon & they said to tell you "Thank You for the new WMD"! :rofl: Thank you that was hilarious! (& since I had previously googled what bollocks were, I understood a lot of it! :haha: Look out, I’m starting to understand British now! LOL)

I am so glad that your consult went so well! :flower: Sometimes it just takes a few cycles, but it sounds like your body is responding VERY well to all of the treatment & drugs?! :thumbup: Or maybe it’s implantation & now that you are “rattling” with all that folic acid…hmmmm??? :winkwink: As far as trying naturally, if I recall you were going to "potentially" try ICSI in July? anyway, so that gives you plenty of time in between for some nice, relaxed “au naturale” :sex::spermy: :winkwink: And you don’t have to make a decision now. If you need a break, take a break. If you are feeling natural approach, then go w/natural. The important thing is to relax & follow DWRGI's instincts... (they may just hold the answers…) :thumbup: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies so sorry I have been MIA again but work went out of control for me he past week due to F1 here in Bahrain. It has been nearly 2 weeks since I had a day off and I am seriously exhausted. That said the race wa a huge success and the people here had fun which was lovely to see.

I am so excited to come back and see so many BFP's YAY way to go, I am now hoping that this is contagious and all you gorgeous ladies join the fat and round club very soon.

Welcome to the new ladies, I know you will find comfort with this amazing group of ladies. They will give you a virtual hug when you need it most, info when you are not so sure of something your Dr brings up but most importantly just listen and truly understand how you feel.

Although I am nearly at the end of my journey I just can't seem to leave you guys and will always be here to lend my support and share any knowledge that I have picked up from my own experience of this stressful journey. I am proof that miracles do happen and you should never give up hope although Dr's are professionals with amazing qualifications and experience they are not god and nt always right so keep believing. Your bodies are amazing and can still work it just takes longer at times which sucks :hugs:

Hi 1of14 - welcome to our thread!

I am so sorry you have gone through this nightmare. Unfortunately, what you have described rings true with all of us. Not that we have all tried IUI & IVF (we are all trying different things) but the struggle, the fears, seeing/having preggos around us &/or babies, not knowing what we should do, praying every day & repeat failures whether natural, IUI, IVF, or ICSI & whether via BFNs or MC's. We've been to hell & back & have the t-shirt. So, you have come to the right place & you are welcome to vent your frustrations whenever you need to.

Have you had Level 1 & 2 Immune testing done? It's something that had come up recently that some of us were pursuing, so just curious... Sometimes its just one of those things that takes repeated attempts, or sometimes there is a reason that is not caught within the "normal" blood tests... Do you take supplements? Either way, I hope you find a home here & that we can help in some way. :flower:

Welcome Oneof14 - :hugs: :hugs: This is a great thread and the women are amazingly supportive, informative, mature and helpful. You did injectables right? When you were on clomid did you produce more than one mature follicle? :hugs: :hugs:

Welcome back Carole!!! How do pregnant women work that much? I am such a wimp! I would want to be on maternity leave by that time. Very impressive mama!!

Bear - :hugs: :hugs:

Hey Fro i am not amazing at all I am really on my knees now hahaha if I was still in Europe I would be on mat leave but here in Bahrain you only get 45 calendar days off which totally sucks so you tend to try and work as long as possible so you get more time with baby. The Dr noticed that I was struggling at my appointment this week and has said he will sign me off which I think I will do by the end of next week if I haven't gone into labour by then.

HI Ladies – thanks so much for the temping advice – I think I will go with the really early temp after the 3.5 hr. sleep even though it was at 2:15am! I didn’t get much sleep after that and got out of bed too many times after for AD, so hoping the first is the right one. I’m working on very little sleep, so my brain is a little fried today so sorry in advance!:wacko::wacko:

Lils – SOOO happy to see you back here… My heart breaks for all you have gone through… not only the m/c but the additional physical pain of the csyt / back pain from discs… ouch!! You are such an amazing person cause you are back here helping everyone again and going out of your way to offer info etc.. Sending you GIANT hugs today!:hugs::hugs:

1of14 – welcome to the best thread on BnB!! Lils said it perfectly…. We all feel the same emotions – and everything you mentioned is familiar – It totally sucks. We’re here for you..and wish you all the best on your IVF (if that is what you decide to do)…. Big hugs…:hugs:

Carole – Sorry to hear you’ve been working so hard and so late in your pregnancy too! Hope you can take it a little easier now. Thank you so much for your ongoing encouragement – it really means so much :flower::thumbup:

Hello and hugs to all the other wonderful ladies!!:hugs:

Hope you all have a great day xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back