TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

oneof- maybe. go monday to get an us to see if i made a follie, having twinges all day today which hopefully is the right cyst popping. if i did make one then yes ill do iui (sperm shipped today) if not... well time for plan q =)

emailed the sperm bank back requesting the sperm count (they agreed to defrost a vial from the same date as the vials i got and make sure the count is good). so im hopeful. then if something is off when my clinic defrosts ill have a 2nd vial, and proof that they are doing somethign wrong

Kerby & Viccat - welcome to TTC#1, 35+! Hope it ends in a BFP & GL!

Dashka - its the pile of work :(. I have 1.5-hour commute tomorrow so won't even be able to get on the thread (can only get on during the day when working from home due to security - they "watch" me) And then I make up for any lost time more than a normal break time at the end of day...

Dwrgi - AMH. You said yours is really low, but your siggie says 2.9? If yours is low then mine is on the ground- I just realized its 0.84!? FSH is within range but getting near higher end. But, I had u/s around that same time & Dr. counted 15 follies w/same #eggs so perhaps this is why he didn't even mention low AMH? But how does this make sense, am I missing something? I got pregnant last month naturally - I lost it, but still..? Could it be my quality, or should I even be worried? (because I really need one more thing to worry about :dohh:) No, but tell me straight up bc I can take it - I'd rather know & take steps to improve my situation...

I also found this listing which is posted by the lady (Julia Indochiva) that Missy sees & authors that book a few of the girls are reading & your levels are definitely normal (my are "low normal") according to this chart (& others I've seen?): https://www.fertileheart.com/amh.php

I'm not sure if I should be worried or not, but I DO hope you feel better after reading about my piddly AMH results!??? :haha::thumbup:

DrS - I'm sorry you are feeling terrible :hugs: No breaks for you! :nope: You have a great back-up plan though w/the sperm. Who did you go with (#1 or #2?)

went with https://www.europeanspermbankusa.co...m_content&view=article&id=121&sid=259&did=259 also seriously considered this one https://www.europeanspermbankusa.co...m_content&view=article&id=121&sid=267&did=267 but he had no reported pregnancies and only 2 vials so they couldn't defrost one to test for me.

the one i picked had 2 reported but... apparently so did my crap sperm so who knows how much that matters

Good luck on Monday, I hope the you have a nice follie!! It must be so frustrated to deal with DS and not getting any counts. I hope the next vial is the super sperm vial!!

Hi HTJ -
It would be easier to see if I could see your chart... :flower:

What info I have is now in my FF link in my siggie... hope it helps. FF says I ovulated on Saturday, but we did the trigger shot on Friday at 8pm and the IUI until Sunday at 9:30am. I'm afraid we missed O, but I don't know if that is just the way my doc does it or what, but to me, if FF is correct, then we did the IUI a day too late and that makes me SAD!

The only way that could be though is if my body is maturing the follicles before the trigger shot ... Gah!! I'm so confused!

Hey just wanted to drop by and comment on AMH, there are 2 different measurement scales used and it seems our girls in the US use ngl whilst some UK use the one that begins with p. I will try and find the conversion for them as I did come across it before. That said it is just another medical measurement that is not 100% but can be useful for determining your IVF drug protocols.

Have a good day all x x

Just found a great link for AMH https://www.drmalpani.com/amh.htm

It shows a table to compare both measurements

Thank you Carole, I was just going to post the very same thing. Brits use the pmol scale, and the Americans use the n! That might clarify it Lil, and make you feel a bit better!

Axxxx:hugs::hugs:

Good morning everyone :hugs:

oneof14 - welcome to thread! :flower: it's lovely to "meet" you

Jackpot - whatever you end up doing, a weekend away sounds lovely! I hope you both have a fab time xxx

Kerby _ welcome to the thread and good luck with you IUI :flower:

Viccat - and welcome to you :flower: may your stay here be short and sweet!

DrS - I will be thinkingabout you monday and keeping everything crossed for you! :hugs: hopefully this next one will be super sperm and will be THE one ! :hugs:

Pad - I love your new signature :hugs: you (and we) will never forget you angels but I am thinking pink for you hun!

Dashka - I am so glad you are finally feeling better!! that illness was just nasty!!

Lils - sounds like you are working toooo hard!! make sure you don't overdo it! you made me laugh when you said you looked up the word bollocks :haha:

Dwrgi - big loves and :hugs: and :kiss: are you feeling any better today?? you sounded very down yesterday

Missy - hope you are ok xxx

Asry, manu and frols, :hi: and big loves xxxx

Carole - I am so glad you are hanging around with us :hugs: it sounds like a very good idea to be signed off from work, I can't imagine how you are still going!!

:hugs: for Nicker, coast, omm, Twinks (- you are doing so well hun!! :dance: go Twinkle!!) HA and Titi also never and anyone I am missing - because my poor old addled brain is struggling now :haha: hope everyone is having a lovely day!!

Hi Purps-I bet you're excited about going away! Have you ever been to Norway? It's supposed to be very beautiful (as is Finland, in case Asry is reading!).

Thanks for asking, but I'm actually fine. I know that, at the moment, I CANNOT face another IVF as it is a horrendous business. I feel as if, for me now, I just want to leave it in the hands of the gods, and see what happens, and if it wasn't meant to be, then that's that. I haven't made up my mind yet, I'm just throwing ideas and thoughts around my brain and seeing what ends up as the best case scenario for me now. I know that OH wants to continue, having got this far, but his contribution to the whole process is minimal (but essential, nonetheless!) :haha:. I think that, unless you have been through IVF, you will think that I am mad to feel like this, but it is the worst thing I have ever had to do in my life, and I just cannot cope with the worry of it, and constant anxiety, again (well, at the moment, anyway). Perhaps it just wasn't meant to be? I am so used to being infertile, and not having a child, that it seems my natural state, however sad that may be! But I am not sad, I'm trying to be upbeat.

Anyway, one more full day to go before your hols. so I hope the day goes fast for you!

Thanks for your usual thoughtfulness, you're a star! :hugs:

Welcome to all the newbies! Don't let me put you off IVF-everybody is different!

Love to you all, Axxxxxxx

Hi Carole -thanks so much for that chart.... Here in Canada we also use the 'ng' for AMH... Mine was 2.5 ng (but tested over a year ago) Mind you I think the test was sent to the US or something cause I had to pay $80 for it...
Thanks Lil -for the Julia Indichova link - that is also very encouraging! As Carole said -try not to focus on AMH.... xoxox

for anyone who is interested - there is a cool 'call/webinar' thing (FREE) tonight at 8pm EST (sorry to our ladies overseas)... re: fertility and hypnosis.... I am on the mailing list for naturalfertility-info.com and heard they are doing this tonight... Sounds cool... funny cause I was just telling DH on the weekend that maybe going for hypnosis might be something to consider to help change my thoughts and encourage me to keep going on this journey.... For those who don't think I'm totolly wacky.... check it out...

https://natural-fertility-info.com/...row&utm_campaign=HypnosisFertilityTeleseminar

Dwrgi -:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Big giant hugs to you hun.... I think what you said about waiting to do what feels right is the best thing right now... Although I have only been through IUI (not IVF) I saw what it did to my sister trying repeatedly soooo long as well....Eventhough after so many repeated tries, she has 2 sons, I know it isn't for me...I'm just not that strong. You are doing so much and the vitamin 'rattle' as you call it -has to help for sure!! :winkwink: Carole is our proof that miracles do happen when it's right. :thumbup:

I am going to try to catch the free call/webinar thing tonight I posted (can't hurt right?) (although may only get to join it for 30 min cause will have to get AD ready for bed)... Wish you could somehow try to catch it too -but I know with the time difference would be difficult -If you go on this link I think you can still get some free info from the hypnotherapist (* this man and his wife suffered with double infertility for 10 years and now have a son)....check it out -here is the link (from within the other link) He is the one joining Heather Rodriguez tonight...
https://www.thefertilemind.net/naturalfertilityinfo/

Big hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dr. S - nice choice!!! GL to you!:thumbup:

Purple - enjoy the vacay!!! xo:happydance:

Lils - OMG and here all this time I thought you were posting while at work.... they do really 'watch' you!!!??? How many days /week do you work from home? GL with the catch up xoxo:flower:

Jackpot - oh sweetie -:hugs: I hope it wasn't too late for IUI... I'm not the best person to ask... Did you take the temps at exactly the same time every day? I know that can make a huge difference. I really hope you caught the eggy!

Frolicky & Manu - hi ladies!

Missy - hope you're ok!!???

Hello to everyone out there!!!

AFM - I don't know if this FF is going to work for me -- so I had 5 hrs sleep and took temp at 3:30am (AD woke me up screaming - she's been having a lot of nightmares lately -it's normal for her age)... So took it then and was 36.48... I was expecting a rise today thinking that I ov. yesterday...but not sure if it was because it was just so darn early (think my temp rises later on around 6ish)... and then I tossed and turned for about an hour a half again and she woke me up a few more times (talking in her sleep) and then I temped again around 6am (but without much sleep) and it was 37... so big jump but the 2nd is with maybe 45 min sleep. So I should go with the first then right? I was enjoying FF until the last 2 days -ofcourse the time when I need to make the temps accurate -I can't get them! argh... My +opk was 2 days ago.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all!

thank you - I can't wait and no, Dwrgi - I haven't been before, it's a cruise that goes along visiting several towns/ports. I am really looking forwards to it. Im glad you are doing ok, I was worried about you becuse I imagined you to be feeling down, again it's so hard to guess tone from a written post! but I can completely understand about wanting to wait and see what happens. although I haven't been through IVF, this whole thing is like some kind of terrible rollercoaster, emotions are all over the place..... I think you have to do what feels right for you. big loves xxx

dashka - hmm I can see FF is going to be difficult!. have you thought about a clue blue fertility monitor?? - they are pricey but it might be better for your situation as you pee on a stick with the first morning urine and poke it into a machine and measures hormones and tells you when you are approaching the "fertile window" - just a though...

oohh or Dashka - you could try this:

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

it's an "adjuster" for when you haven't taken your temp at the right time. I remember one lady - northstar, used to give Brilliant advice on this, but haven't seen her for a while :)hi: if you are there)but it might be useful

jackpot - FF is telling you that you Ovulated sometime before your temp taking on Sunday (could have been an hour before you took you temp if you see what I mean) so if IUI was 09.30 saturday (I think that's what you said??) then you may have caught it just right, fingers crossed for you xxx

Jackpot - oh sweetie -:hugs: I hope it wasn't too late for IUI... I'm not the best person to ask... Did you take the temps at exactly the same time every day? I know that can make a huge difference. I really hope you caught the eggy!

I hope it wasn't too late, either! With DS being so dang expensive, and now my insurance has run out and I'll be paying out of pocket for the IUIs going forward, I don't know how much longer we can try this year before funds run out... but it won't be long :( This is going to cost as much as my mortgage every month. *sigh*

The temps were taken at slightly different times, some as early as 5:30, others as late as 830, but most were between 6am and 6:30am. I am TERRIBLE about getting up the first time the alarm clock goes off :D My FF chart is in my siggie, but I have only been temping since April 11, so there really isn't enough info to go by to get a "pattern" for me. I dunno. I was driving myself nuts, so I put a call into my doctor's office and am waiting for a nurse to call me back.

DP and I are leaving in the morning for a long weekend at a cabin in the Smokies, and I don't know if there will be internet access there or not, so I may not be back online till Sunday night. So if I don't see you ladies before then, have a great weekend and lots of :dust::dust: to each and every one of you!!

Jackpot - have a great weekend away! I hope you get an answer from your Dr.... I think Purple has a good point... If your IUI (I think you said was Sunday) and the FF shows you ov anytime (even an hour) before you took temp on Sunday (but technically shows Sat) then you still have a chance...plus doesn't the eggy last for 12-24 hrs after you ovulate?? GL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->