TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dashka - how was the seminar? I didn't end up making it :nope: Yeah, you don't have to have an ov dip, but after ov your temp has to stay up by at least .4F (.2C?) for at least 3 consecutive days. Just make sure you have those other temps written down bc in 1-2 days if FF doesn't give you crosshairs, you can adjust those temps & I bet it will give you crosshairs on CD12. Some places monitor employees, or say they do but don't really care (who has time?) but mine is a stickler bc of the nature of the work I do & who I work for (can't tell you or I'd have to kill you) :haha: I'm sure you are fine & thanks for the supps! I've been taking a couple of them for a while so hopef that is good. Btw, hope that snow is finally clearing up there! It snowed where my family lives too (in MD) How bizarre!

Asry - Hi honey!!! How's our little Finnish cutie pie? Don't you ever leave us & post as often as you like! Hope you are feeling good! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Fro - Wow, that's so interesting about the sister carrying for the other sister! We joke about such things (half-joking) but I don't know - if it ever came down to it I'm not sure I'd be willing to go that far & let her do it. Hopefully I won't have to go that far! We're 20 yrs apart, poor thing, she's like my child & I don't think I could even put her thru egg collection...(I still think of her as a baby, I guess...). Come on Lil Fro HB, PLEASE get better!!! :hugs:

Butterfly - oh boy, if you ever did have to start putting out ads or go on dating sites, you could get really creative with that one! I'm not going to touch it for now bc I'm hoping & keeping FX that this next cycle is YOURS! :flower: I love temping too! I feel like I know exactly what is going on in my body & you can tell some things that are going to happen before they happen just from your temp - so fascinating to me! :winkwink:

Dwrgi - yes, temp! It tells you so much (& I'll have another chart to stalk!). It's really great at our ages bc it confirms that yes, we are ovulating w/o a doubt & when, etc. Espec if you are thinking au naturale for a while...? Second, :test: Yes, it could be the meds, but if there is a lonely little POAS laying around the house, wouldn't you want to make it feel better? :devil::haha: (Sorry, I'm trying to be a bad influence & I'm sure you can handle that on your own!). Btw, you cracked me up a while back with the "two-finger salute" - you must teach me that one! I'm very (very) familiar with the one finger salute, but the two finger? hmmmm :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone else! :hugs: to everyone waiting (for anything bc waiting sucks), :dust: to those who are in 2WW or approaching & a big group :hug: to all & hope you have a Fab weekend!

It's the 'V' for Victory sign (think of Winston Churchill, but with your palm facing you! Corresponds to an 'Up Yours' type of remark!!!

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Great! I can flip off people here & they'll have no idea! :haha: So, it's the opposite of the peace sign (makes sense!). Oh wow, Wikipedia is awesome - it really does know everything! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign

:haha:

Lil - When the lady got inseminated, she used her own egg and did not have to do IVF, they did IUI inseminating the BIL's sperm (fresh) into her sister. I think they are closer in age though, and like I said she already had kids of her own. Pretty neat sister though. Don't work too hard. ;)

I'm actually not working too hard today. Went to get my Level 2 Immune Tests done & they don't know if they do some of them, they don't know if my DH has to be there at exact same time & I'm p.o'd that I missed a whole hour & didn't even get any tests done yet & not even sure I will be able to. I said it would have been nice if when I called for the appt I could have spoken to a human vs a robot & asked these questions (bc I fully intended to but there's no option whatsoever). So, she wrote me the super-secret human being line :shhh:on a post it so NOW I have it (thanks).

I'm about ready to throw the 2-finger salute! :growlmad: Not this one :finger: bc I might have to go back :haha: Now I'm so :hissy: I can't concentrate bc I won't have my tests back in time... :trouble:

I hope you are hanging in there & getting some naps in each day? And don't you worry, baby Fro will get its hb up & going faster, its just feeling as tired as you are :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies!

Lils - - Oh ‘secret agent’ LIL!! :coolio: Wow I’m so curious now… Sorry about not getting to do all the tests… ARGH!:nope:It’s so frustrating… I don’t know why it’s so hard to get those level 2 tests… (look at us we have to send to US from what I hear to get the full full testing) Thanks for the charting advice… see under AFM for an update on my chart to answer your questions.. Don’t work too hard and hope you get answers on the tests soon!:hugs:

Asry – please don’t go anywhere girl!:winkwink: I love hearing from our Finnish girl! When do you go for your 1st scan?

Purple – hope you get the ‘jeans’ ready… I am so like you –a little thing like that will wake me up and not let me sleep again. Have a great time! (and thanks for the charting advice):hugs:

Frolicky – you rest up girl! Hope little Fro is just resting comfortably like you want to be doing…:sleep::hugs:

Dwrgi – temping--- YES do it!…:happydance: the only thing I find frustrating is the days where I have to get up for AD and it screws it up…but otherwise I’m having fun with it… I used to temp 7-8 years ago but never with FF - it's pretty cool and I'm using the free version (although you get the VIP free 1st month). I also am a regular cycle -24-26 days for the past few years with the same luteal phase and everything –but it’s still nice to know and see a picture of what is happening – also good for pinpointing BD … I hope the ‘old hag’ stays away!!:gun: Could be the meds…. But…..you never know….Did you test??? You’ve got some willpower… :thumbup: xoxo

Butterfly – how are you doing our wonderful artiste? :winkwink: Do you ever paint mother/child paintings – might be a good creative channeling thing? I don’t know…:winkwink:

Pad – how are you doing? How is the temping going?:hugs:

HTJ – hope you are enjoying the weekend and hope that a small beany is getting comfy inside….:winkwink:

HA – hope this is the one for you!:hugs:

DrS – ARGH.. :wacko:to the gym instructor… Hope she wasn’t ‘flaunting’ it too much…. Does she know you are trying?

Lady H – are you okay hun?? xoxo:hugs:

Hello to Missy, Carole, Twinks, Oneof14, Vikkat, Kirby, Never, Nikki, Ipen, Heavenly (hope you are ok) and anyone else I missed (sorry!):hugs::hugs:

AFM – well FF got crosshairs today so it shows I’m 3DPO today… that is with the 2 days of ‘adjusted’ times…. So we’ll see how it goes. :shrug:So it appears I ovulated the same day I got the positive opk… which I understand can happen….(mind you the day before it was verging on positive too –almost dark lines) This morning I actually got a real temp (at 5:15 –but I’ll take it) and AD slept through the night…. Thinking this will be a short cycle since FF says I ovulated on day 11 so changing my ticker to say 24 days (not like the last 27 days)

Have a great weekend ladies!:hugs::hugs:

xoxo

Oh – I forgot to tell you all about the tele-seminar last night….

So it was with this guy Russell Davis – he is a Cognitive Hypnotherapist and he is from the UK…(had a very heavy accent) He and his wife tried to conceive for 10 years… (8 years to find out his wife has PCOS and then after she was healed –they found out he had male infertility)… They finally conceived a son after 10 years and now he wants to share and help others with his “The Fertile Mind Fertility Hypnosis Programme” (check out his website)

Note: It is NOT like stage-hypnotherapy where they get you to do funny things in front of people- it’s not that kind of hypnotherapy.

The way it helps fertility is:
- Reduces stress
- Helps the mind/body connection
- And most importantly – helps you feel like you are in control of your fertility (as we often feel like hopeless)

It was mostly a promotion for his audio program which you can order either an MP3 or CD and he does one for natural conception (including IUI) and one for assisted conception (IVF etc)

At first when this guy spoke I thought yeah yeah… it’s another meditation CD – but then they did an actual meditation/relaxation exercise and I was so completely relaxed –I thought there is something to this! It is different from my other meditation CDs –there is something about this guys voice (not speaking voice – the voice on the exercises)…and the soundtrack…. You can download a free one if you want to try it (just enter your email and they will send you free gift of download of one relaxation track) You can also download for free a 23 page “3 Strategies for Taking Charge of your Fertility”..

https://www.thefertilemind.net/naturalfertilityinfo/

So after I heard it –I ordered his program (MP3-that way you get it faster) and if you order before May 3 you save 20% by entering the coupon code ‘nat 1’ in the shopping basket (the promotion being offered because of this teleseminar with NaturalFertilityInfo… It costs 29 UK pounds –but you get 20% off –so it’s 23 UK pounds…. It will probably be about $38 CDN when it’s converted…

So I’ve already downloaded mine…. :happydance:The magic of technology and I don’t have to wait for it to arrive! Each track is about 10-12 min long and he recommends listening to one each day (there are about 4 or 5) and doing it right before falling asleep every night for at least a month… Guess who is going to be falling asleep with her ipod in her ears! :haha:(He says that’s ok though – as it will still work with the subconscious mind while you are sleeping…. ) 10-12 min /day can't hurt right???:winkwink:

Oh frol I am so sorry! I forgot to say earlier lovely news in your spoiler! I'm so happy for you xxxx

Hello! Still lurking but way behind on the thread. Looks like we are all ok? Got a positive OPK Thursday and peak on CBFM yesterday and today so looks like staying off here worked. Means I ovulated cd14 or 15. Phew!

Still going for chill out tactic this month so will stay off BnB as much as possible ( it's hard)!!

:flower::hugs::flower::dust::dust::dust:

Hi Lady H! Nice to hear from you! Yay for ovulating!

How is everyone doing today?? It's pretty quiet on here today it seems..
Have a great weekend all!! Xo

Hi girls. Just checking in from the top of a mountain :) internet is only avail on my phone and is spotty at best, but wanted to say hi! I am either 6 or 7 dpo, and I have no symptoms...no nothing actually. This Luteal phase is going exactly like last month, which is not a good sign. Pretty discouraged tonight, but not giving up all hope. I know I'm not out till af rears her ugly head.

Talked to the nure @ docs office and she said doc won't have a problem with moving iui to a day earlier in my cycle if I think that would help. If this doesn't take, then that's what we will try next month. Will see. Love to all... typing on this phone keyboard is driving me batty so I am finished for now :) will be home tomorrow eve and will have my laptop back. Will check in more fully then! Smoochies!

Edited to add: temp was 96.50 Sunday morn. Looks like we move on to next month :(

hey just wanted to give a heads up https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-ingredients/2012/04/23/gIQAY2frcT_story.html

Dashka-that's a really fascinating story about R Davies! And how amazing that he and his wife got pregnant after everything they'd been through! I think it's a brilliant idea to download his meditation tapes, and if you felt an instant connection, then I'm sure you will benefit from them! Good luck with it-I hope it helps you get your well deserved BFP! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Jack-hope you're having a good weekend! Plan B is always a good idea, although don't give up on this cycle yet! :flower:

Dr S-that's really scary stuff about the Chinese medicine. Thanks for the heads up. How are you today? :hugs:

Lady H-glad that you have evidence that you ovulated! Go girl and multiply!!

Lil, Fro, Twinks, Asry, Purple, Bearlake, Butterfly, Carole, Newbies, Pad, and everybody-hope you're all having a great weekend!

Purple-have a great holiday! xxx

AFM-the witch showed yesterday. I knew she would, I didn't test! I have downloaded a FF type app and I started taking my temp this morning. Give me something to distract myself with!!! :hugs:

Hey ladies!

Sorry was MIA again.... it was a big weekend for us - Army Navy weekend at Twickers ... absolutely awesome day and night!! Am still recovering to be honest... so temping completely went out the window! Mwahaha

EDIT: for our transatlantic friends the Army Navy is the annual rugby match and about 70,000 serving military, wives and mates go to watch, meet up, drink and party! It is the most amazing day and night in the UK military calender!

Wahoooooo..... could still be pished actually!

Loves to all xx

You're a one, Paddy! Pity you weren't ovulating-you generally hit the Jackpot when you ovulate and get pished! Hic!!

To Pads: :hug::wine::wine::wine::wine::wine::wine::wine::wine::wine::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: A although I know you were expecting it, still doesn't stop it being a bit of a letdown :nope::flower:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, it's quiet on here so everyone must be busy doing fun things :haha: :hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi.. So sorry Hun that the witch showed.... Yes it's hard whether you expect her or not... Hope you've been doing something nice for yourself xxx:flower::hugs: glad you are starting to temp ... Are you gonna let us stalk your chart??:winkwink:

HTJ. .. How come your chart says you're 5DPO?? Have you not updated it.maybe? Can it just be an implantation dip if you are 8 DPO?
GL to u!!!

Dr S... Thx for the article ... I believe that is probably more of a concern for practitioners or their clients who are buying from unlabeled bulk vendors in Asian stores... My ND buys only from very reputable companies and they are labeled and sometimes dist. By US distributors... So I feel safer...haven't used too much myself.. Just teas for spleen and liver.
I have actually heard similar things about spices especially that they can add harmful stuff to just to increase weight of product.

AFM ... I have been using the Fertile Mind meditation programme for a few nights now and absolutely love it!!! Worth every penny in my opinion.
It's also been helping in the early mornings when your mind starts to race in bed to help me get back to sleep.. And helps me not listen to DH's snoring too!!
Hope u all had a great weekend!!

Hi Ladies! Can I join this thread? :flower:

My name is Angie and I just finished my second round of Clomid/Trigger/IUI. I am now in the dreaded TWW. I am 41 and my husband is 39. I have 3 adult daughters(24-22-21) from my first marriage.

My hubby has no children, (yet):winkwink:

I am being monitored by an RE/FS after trying on our own for 6 months.
Hubby has Great swimmers. I had great labs (FSH 6.3 :) and my HSG was all clear. Also I get regular vag ultrasounds.I am 41 however with hypothyroid disease. :dohh:

We, along with everyone else, are praying that this is our month. :thumbup:

Prayers and Blessings to you all!

~Angie

Hi Angie :hi: it always has to be someone's horrible job to say sorry, this thread is just for those who do not have any children and are trying for their first :flower: although we obviously wish you the best of luck (and I will see you on the over 40 thread), there are different pressures for those who do not have any children yet so this is a place for us to share those. :flower::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pad I somehow missed your post yesterday. I used to go to the army navy match about 15 years ago when it was sponsored by the company I worked for, it was indeed an awesome day out!! :wine:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->