TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dash - God did not have anything to do with you not being able to conceive! And believe me it has nothing to do with you being patient or not. My mother was a horrible mother. I can remember her whipping my sister with a wire hanger and knocking her tooth out when she was about 3 years old. She was very abusive and can still be to this day (she had a horrible childhood herself..truly horrifying). Just a couple of years ago she told my little sister she wished she would have aborted all of us girls. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It is what it is. Life throws everyone challenges in different ways and none of us know what those challenges will be but none of us get out of life without them. :hugs: :hugs: You are so strong to have done everything possible to help you have a biological child. You gave more than 200% for years!!!!!!! You have a lot to be proud of and your AD will be fine. She does not know how to handle her emotions and just needs education. :hugs: I wish I could take away your pain.

HTJP - :hugs: Sorry about AF. Sucks!!! :hugs: I am glad that once :witch: arrrives though that you will moving forward and I always found that refreshing.

Madeline - :hugs: :hugs:

Hi and :hugs: to everyone else!! xoxo

froliky2011....I agree with you....challenges make us stronger for the next round. I do understand too how disheartening this road to motherhood can be when you feel like you have done all you can.

My BF had her baby and she is the cutest thing being born 6 weeks early. I can't bare to take my self to the hospital again but much love to the happy family.

AFM....got the great idea of grapefruit juice for CM (thanks you lovely ladies) and I was impressed with it. Still on 1000mg metformin, 100 mg clomid, baby aspirin, and fish oil. I want have my first scan until CD18 (since CD16 is on a Saturday). I am not doing any OPK or temping. Probably should but I tend to drive me and DH crazy stressing over them.

I have a question for you ladies. I am trying to decide what will be the next step if I have to take the 3rd round of clomid. I have yet to ovulate since having surgery. It is so frustrating to not even have the chance to hope in the 2ww because I am not ovulating. Anyways the question is who has gone from Clomid to Femara and had success?

Still keeping the hope and wishing nothing but BFPs for us all.....

im good. i thought the waiting was what was making me crazy but.. i think it was the waiting mixed with wondering about stuff like.. am i making a good follie, did it work etc. im not doing anything til i start lupron friday. i think the hormones are finally out of my system so i feel a lot better. ive actually been seriously HAPPY since friday or so which is weird.

do i trust my doc? interesting question. i think so. i think he knows what he is doing and is good at his job. i wish he wasnt so negative about age etc (i mentioned itd be nice to have frosties and he was kinda negative about that, but then he said,. well you do make a lot of eggs etc). i dont feel like id have a better outcome or better chance elsewhere so..

DrS - I think if you are happy with your doctor - that's very important! you have to feel he is doing everything in your best interest. and I am so glad to hear you are feeling happy!! :D

Hi there Chickenchaser :hi: and welcome! hope your stay here is short and sweet!

Lils - the Fjords are the water - they are the lakes/rives that come in from the sea. I did put some pics in my journal (to avoid clogging up space in here) and weirdly although there was snow on the moutains, it was hot!!!

pad - pink, pink, pink, pink :hugs:
and I would like to say - you are amazing!! you are such a strong person to be able to look ahead after yor losses.

Dwrgi and butterfly - big loves xxxx how are you both?

agape - nice to see you! are you all recovered after your surgery?? Im not sure about the clomid vs femara question - but hopefully one of these more knowlegdable ladies will be able to help. the grapefruit works a treat though eh?!

jackpot - hope you are feeling better today :hugs:

Dashka - I am sure you are a fab mom - if you couldn't care less and weren't worried - then that would be worriesome, but you are, but also you have been so poorly and you are probably drained after such LTTTC. p[lus, you have extended family living with you (and that would definitely try my patience) give yourself some pampering and some credit!! :hugs: :hugs:

:hi: and :hugs: to manu, frols, and asry xx

ladyH -:hugs: in case you are lurking xxx I will pm you xx

Madelaine :hugs: how are you doing today??

and great big squishy :hugs: to Twinks, HA, Missy, FM, Never, North (in case you are around) kismet, and everyone I am forgetting (sorry)
hope you are all having a nice day!

afm - well back to reality after a lovely week off, DH was counting the days to the next bank hols (for the uk ladies) yesterday lol! and it was so hard to get out of bed this morning, I really wanted to snuggle back under the quilt, but instead - work - meh!!

hi butterfly,frolicky, pads, chickenchaser, LadyH, Dash, Dr Squid, Agape, Lilsluz, Dwrgi, purpleou,

hope you guys are doing ok. :hugs::hugs: Sorry you have been sad Dash..:hugs: if I was there I would give you a hug myself. :hugs:

things r ok here, mc still in progress slowly. I have been keeping track of my flu to make sure its not an infection. I think its going to be ok so far so good :) I had to laugh today we had our first frost recently so temps are really dropping. I let one of our dogs out for a pee, she is from Bangkok, totally doesn't appreciate the cold when i opened the door and the cold air came in she ran the other way so fast her feet were skidding from underneath her she ran all the way back to her bed lol you wouldn't believe she grew up a street dog lol

Anyway I hope everyone is getting ready to get down to business and do the wild thing so we can see some bf's!

Madeline xxx

Dashka, oh I wish I could tell you something to make you feel better :hugs: You are so supportive and cheering to all of us that I feel like I should jump on a plane :plane: and bring you huge load of wonderful chockolates with warm hugs :hugs: i really really hope&pray you'll have your biological child one day.
Madeline - Big hugs to you too, so sorry to hear about your mc. Hope you cope well :hug:
HTJ- also sorry for af showing her ugly face :hugs:, but glad to hear you are going forward with another iui, hopefully third is the charm :thumbup:

I'm sending you all my love and lots and lots of :dust:

Thank you ladies for asking about me :cloud9: I'm doing good and just saw beanies heartbeat today :cloud9:
You all will get there, let the spring fairy bring here :bfp:s!!!!!

:hug:

Hi girls!!!

So sorry Dashka and HittheJackpot, to hear of your BFNs. Poo pants-I hate the witch, and wish she'd leave us alone.

Jack-you have a good plan for next time. Good luck with it! Yourtime will come!

Dash-I would have done exactly the same as you in disciplining AD. There is no way that you can tolerate her slapping you like that. Being left to cry like that will teach her a lesson. I'm glad DH apologised. Men! Big hugs to you hun, Axxx

Asry-glad to read your spoiler! :flower:

Purple-glad you had a good holiday! Know what you mean about not wanting to get up! :hugs:

Butterfly, Pad, Madeline, Lil, Frolicky, Agape, Bearlake (how are you hun??), Dr S, and everybody on here- a big :thumbup: to you all! :flower::flower:

Will write more later, got loads to do before next class in 20 minutes. Aaaarrrghhhhhhhh!

P.S. Am coming up to ov and I feel like doing something really special for OH later!!! Might have a look in the fancy dress cupboard!!! :haha::haha:

Chicken - Welcome!!!! I hope your stay is short too!! :hugs:

Agape - I don't know much about the drugs. Sorry. Hopefully some ladies will have some advice.

DrS - Glad you like your doctor. They are human though and don't have all the answers (well, from my experience). I hope your cycle is good and you get great results!!

Purple - Work...blah! Sorry! Staying under a quilt sounds lovely! :hugs:

Arsy - :happydance: Yeah!!!! Enjoy!!! So glad..now you can put your mind at ease.

Dwrgi - I missed you!! Glad to see you're back!! :hugs: Good Luck with O and making some romance. Maybe you could add some Marvin Gaye? :)

Lil - :hugs: I hope you stopped bleeding and your uterus has recovered. :hugs: :hugs: I hope the :sex: did not hurt it and that instead you had a great egg waiting for the :spermy:

Dashka - All the ladies here are right. You are such a great mom!! You are so hard on yourself. :hugs: Sorry about the :witch:!!! :hugs: :hugs: I wish I could give them to you in person!!

AFM - I think I have an infection and have to see the doctor again today. I had spotting again this past weekend as well. Sigh. I was actually looking forward to having a week off of no doctor visits and no scans. My cervix is tired.

Hi to Everyone else!!!! xoxo I hope you are all well!!!

hi again everyone first frolicky take care of yourself ok :hugs:

thought you might all find this interesting reading

"In 1999, a group of researchers at Liverpool Hospital in the UK, one of the largest miscarriage clinics in the world, examined the histories of more than 700 of their patients in whom no cause of recurrent miscarriage could be found.

As you can see in their results in the table below, even when a couple have experienced several miscarriages, there is a very high probability that their next pregnancy will go to term:

Chance of next pregnancy going to term based on age and miscarriage history:

2 3 4 5
20 92 90 88 85
25 89 86 82 79
30 84 80 76 71
35 77 73 68 62
40 69 64 58 52
45 60 54 48 42
Brigham et al . Human Reproduction 1999

ps the numbers 2 3 4 5 represent the number of mc's and should start above the second column

Madeline xxx

hi again everyone first frolicky take care of yourself ok :hugs:

thought you might all find this interesting reading

"In 1999, a group of researchers at Liverpool Hospital in the UK, one of the largest miscarriage clinics in the world, examined the histories of more than 700 of their patients in whom no cause of recurrent miscarriage could be found.

As you can see in their results in the table below, even when a couple have experienced several miscarriages, there is a very high probability that their next pregnancy will go to term:

Chance of next pregnancy going to term based on age and miscarriage history:

2 3 4 5
20 92 90 88 85
25 89 86 82 79
30 84 80 76 71
35 77 73 68 62
40 69 64 58 52
45 60 54 48 42
Brigham et al . Human Reproduction 1999

ps the numbers 2 3 4 5 represent the number of mc's and should start above the second column

Madeline xxx

That's fascinating, gives hope to people surely?

x

Madelaine - that's very reassurring, thank you xxx

Dwrgi - Ohh you minx you!! :winkwink: you have one lucky husband!!

the moral of these stats is that the body sometimes needs practice to get it right and this is numbers game. While having a mc is a challenging experience, the goal is to get that bfp again sometimes several times as the odds of a successful pregnancy are very very good.

Madeline xxx

Aw shit Dashka - saw you chart. I'm sending you so much love & :hugs::hugs::hugs: today & some strength :bodyb: to carry on if that is what you choose, honey. Damn :witch: I hate her!!! :grr: :devil: If I could, I would fly up there & kick her to the curb :trouble: I'm so sorry, honey, as I know you wanted this before your 40th. Please eat tons of chocolate, take a hot bubble bath or get a massage or something to reward you for getting thru another cycle... you are so strong & an inspiration to us all!

Big :hug:

:hi: All! Kind-of a quickie today...

Madeline - glad you are doing good today (it sounds like it).:thumbup: Where do you live that you have a frost (southern hemisphere someplace?) Thanks for mc chart - I just saw it. Guess i have a little higher than 64% chance w/#4!

Agape - I am afraid I don't have experience w/Femara, I'm sorry. But doesn't it provoke more eggs to release? I know that I tried Clomid in the past & it didn't give me a pregnancy, but I also dried up CM wise, so that's almost impossible when going natural (glad you are doing gf juice!). My Dr told me to try natural a little longer, then he would do IUI i believe w/Femara... Don't know if that helps at all, but I hope & pray you get your O! How do you know you aren't O - day 21 bloods? Be careful bc my stupid OBGYN was doing day20-21 O tests & I wasn't O'ing until CD19-21 (5wk cycles)! :grr: If he had just asked the simple question as to how long my cycles were in the first place - DUH :dohh: (they didn't change w/Clomid). I had no idea WTH was going on... (I fully blame him for about 6 months of TTC wasted - down the tubes)

Dwrgi - Ooooo, you wild sexy, savage tiger, you!!! :bunny::wedding: I am SURE OH will appreciate those efforts!!! woo-woo! Catch that eggy honey! Btw, why can't I click into your chart so I can properly stalk? Did you copy the bbs code into your siggie as a link? You go GET IT girl! :sex: :dust: :hugs:

Asry - :yipee::yipee::yipee:!!! So, so happy for you honey! I think that scan is the worst one to wait for! Congrats again honey! :cloud9:

Fro - I'm trying! (see AFM below) Hope you are feeling good today :hugs:

Purps - I feel like a big dummy now. :dohh: I thought fjords were hills/mountains! :shrug: (but now I know! Now, at least I won't look like a complete dork in front of someone else! :haha: just you guys! :rofl: but you'll forgive the dorkness...). Hope you enjoyed the bank holiday though! is your hair naturally that red? (if not have you ever tried purple, Purple?) :winkwink: You & DH are so cute...:hugs:

DrS - glad you are feeling good and you trust Dr! :happydance:

Butterfly - you got your crosshairs! But I'm not sure I agree w/FF (espc if temping was a bit off) You can't get a +OPK that I know of after you ov...? (but I'm learning here, so that's why I like to see everyone else's charts - everyone's diff)

HTJ - :hugs:

Pad - thinking pink & watching your chart - you are keeping me in suspense!

Carole - you OK?

AFM - I think I o'd during the night last night. I got the smiley & DH made me wait 5.5 hours before BDing :growlmad:. i was having anxiety attacks waiting, waiting, waiting bc I O very quickly after +OPK for some reason & lucky to even catch a +OPK... He is starting a new biz & busy from 7am - 11pm daily & its ticking me off bc I know he's under a lot of stress but I only get a 2-3 day chance every 5 weeks! And next month I think I'll be in UK during O :(. So, hoping for a Hail Mary Pass from late last night although he did "go for two" (sorry UK ladies, American football speak, but you get it). He wouldn't increase our odds this morning so I'm just... :grr: IDK what I am today - hopeful, angry & anxious all in one... eek (I will keep trying today - MEN!) :grr::trouble:

Big Luvs to all my BNB sisters! :hugs: & :dust:

Oooh - I forgot to ask - Carole, are you there?? how are you doing chick??

ChickenChaser - Your name brings up a mental image of a barnyard that makes me laugh! Ahaha! LOVE it! Welcome, and agreed, we hope your stay is short!:thumbup:

Agape - I am on day 1 of what will be my third cycle with clomid, but I don't know anything about the other drug you mentioned. Certainly don't mind helping with clomid questions though, but I am certainly no expert :D

Pad - Sending pink thoughts your way! But not that pastel, icky-sticky sweet pink. I'm talkin' bright, flourescent, in-your-face pink! Yeah!:baby:

DrSquid - So glad to hear that your mood has been good... the positive, happy attitude will reflect on your body/follies etc! YAY for smiles!:happydance:

Purple - Sometimes we all need a mental health day now and then especially on the first day back after holiday:D I think you should have gone back under the covers... but I'm a bad influence! haha!:coffee:

Asryella - that is the most excellent spoiler I've seen this week! YAY!:happydance:

Madeline - so funny re: your dog! Little squirt is smart though! I don't like the cold either!:thumbup:

Drwgi - fancy dress closet? Ohhh, I think everyone ought to have one of those!:blush:

Frolicky - I absolutely love that video you posted. It always makes me so proud, and often makes me cry - but in a good way. I can only hope our LO is as amazing as that young man.:flower:

Lil - the two-fer sure can't hurt! :D FXed that you caught it! :hugs:

Hugs to all the other ladies I missed. My work is staring me in the face so I better get back to it!

AFM - Just talked to the nurse at my fertility doc's office. She talked to him and he wants to do a day **12** ultrasound rather than a day 14, so 2 days early because my follicles were so large and because of the temp spike last cycle, I’m assuming. I’m wondering if he thinks we waited too long as well last time and my body had the LH surge before the trigger shot had a chance to work. Etiher way, I'm thrilled that we are going to start sooner this cycle.

He wants to keep me on the same dose of clomid - days 5-9 as usual as he likes the way I am responding to that.

So, as things stand right now, we will go in for follie check on Saturday, May 19 at 9:45am. If that goes well, we will do the trigger shot that night with IUI on Monday, May 21.

I am REALLY happy about the new schedule. I think it is going to work better with my body and give me a better result. This helped with my mood, I think. I don’t feel like crying for the first time in 24 hours! YAY for doctors that listen to their patients and don't let their egos get in the way!

Good things to come for all of us, my lovies. Good things to come.

hey lilsluz i am in canberra australia. Its freezing! Your chances at succeeding based on that study are very good :hugs: get that man of your to get his pants off lol

Hi HTJ you would get on very well with my little dog then she is terrified of the cold I believe she thinks it is unnatural. lol My other dogs; a bc and a cattle dog just run around in the rain and the frost as though there is nothing wrong. :) Good luck this time around with the new schedule :hugs:

Madeline xxx

Hi Ladies Thank you for the very warm welcome. I have been know as chickenchaser for many years by my friends and family due to my love of animal especially chickens, which are the funniest and most giving of animals animals. I had never given it any thought about how my nickname would translate onto a fertility, pregnancy and baby forum until I was here and people started commenting about the name, but I guess it sums me up better now then it ever has done.

Some of you ladies have add/are having such a hard time, I wish I could help. I will send you all positive baby thoughts and lots of baby dust. XXX

Hi ladies!

First of all I want to thank you wonderful ladies... :flower:you are all so great and I really appreciate your support and helping to get me off the floor! :hugs:I am feeling better today (emotionally)... physically -well AF came last night with the typical AF pains -but hopefully tomorrow I'll be much better. I've started to make plans for more doctors app'ts and such so I'm moving forward ....had a very good cry yesterday for most of the day (when I could) so got a lot of emotions out.
I watched that video that Frolicky posted (Arthur -yoga guy)...and it totally inspires me... (thanks again Frol for that!) So we keep chuggin' along....:winkwink:

Lils - Yay for ovulating!! :hugs: Hope you can jump DH again today! Just in case but the 2-fer sounds promising :thumbup: Men!! Don't they get it????

Chickenchaser - welcome ! good luck and hope your stay is short here - :flower:although it is the most wonderful thread in the world.... (I was never one to go on 'chat groups' before so it was all new to me)

HTJ - glad to hear you are feeling better... Sounds like a great plan for IUI#3! I know what you mean about planning the next cycle - somehow it eases the pain and helps gets you 'out of the rut' feeling.:hugs:

Pad - hope you are feeling better - you are soo strong girl! I sooo admire you!:hugs:

Butterfly - your chart looks great - Fx you caught the eggy!:hugs:

Asry - Yay!!! loved your spoiler and so glad you could hear Lil-Asry-HB!:hugs:
I'm so happy for you girl!

Dwrgi - yay - romantic night up ahead!!! You GO GIRL!!!!:thumbup::flower::flower::winkwink:

Carole - how are you doing?:hugs::hugs:

Purple - your holiday sounds fantastic - I need to check out your journal...:thumbup: Love the new pic:winkwink:

Froliky - another great video - so powerful... I'm so sorry to hear your story/mother... That breaks my heart...:hugs::hugs: Take care of yourself (and the infection)...:hugs:

Agape - as for the meds - I took Clomid (years ago) for 3 cycles and they told me it's necessary to take a break after 3 months - not sure if that is still true... But never tried Femara ....sounds like it may be better though. GL hun! Fx for you :hugs:

Madeline - you sound like one strong girl! hope you are taking it easy....:hugs: Hope it doesn't get tooo cold for you...

Hello to Manu, Lady H, and Dr. S and everyone else I missed (sorry!):hugs::hugs:

Have a great rest of the day...
xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"