TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hello all

Dashka the electro dermal screening sounds interesting, hope all goes ok for you today

HTJ - sorry for your bfn hun

Hope everyone else is ok today

AFM - had a rubbish appt with nhs endocrinologist this morn, right old bat in my opinion. She basically told me i cant see her and a private endo becuase they will have a difference in opinion but the difference of opinion would be becuase the nhs have guidelines and budgets they have to stick to whereas private dont

My oh got his hair right off with her and she did with him

xx

Hi nessaw,

Gp's will usually start testing you if you are 35+ & trying for over 6 months. When I went I said I had been trying for a year (had only been trying for about 6months) as I really wanted to get the ball rolling as it all takes time.

The next steps are usually for your hubby to have a sperm test, for you to have some blood tests to check ovulation and then some scans to make sure all is ok inside. escalated tests include the HSG wehere they insert dye into you to see if your fallopean tubes are all ok. You can also have other blood tests which give an indication of your egg quality and if you have ever had chlymidia.

I have had all of these and am on Clomid now as I wasn't ovulating. I'm 35 and have been trying on and off for just under 3 years now.

Best of luck

C
x

Sorry HTJ :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Welcome nessaw and well done for managing to read to page 750 :thumbup::wacko: Think CD has covered the tests that you need to get done and most GPs will know what to do anyway so hope you have a good one :hugs:

Hope, sorry you had a bad appointment hon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think there was other stuff I needed to reply to but have only been able to have a quick glance over the last few days. Got my bases covered i think for O which I would say was yesterday so it is back to the tww :coffee:

Hope everyone is OK :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks ladies. I'm taking this one really hard for some reason. I have been cryin' off and on all day today, and sleeping alot. Much of the tears are related to the fact that my insurance only allows $2,500/year for fertility treatments, and between buying sperm and the medical costs... I don't know if we can afford to try again for a while. Will see.

Hello all, hope you are all well? I am looking forward to the long weekend and am having my colours done tomorrow which will be interesting. 6 DPO and the usual sore BB's starting. Need to hang in there 8 more days before I test -twiddles thumbs- xxxx

Thanks ladies.The GP was really nice-she didn't fob me off which was what I was worried about.Am going for day 21 blood tests which is in about 10 days so hopefully that will show something.Am worried its me thats the problem as have had pre cancerous cervical cells in my early 20s.fingers crossed!am on my phone so haven't worked out the icons yet!thanks agaim x

Hi Ladies!

Lils - I hope you are feeling better today hun....:hugs::hugs:

Nessaw - welcome and good luck with all the testing and hope you get your BFP really soon.:hugs:

Butterfly - glad to hear you are now in the TWW! yay.. I saw so many
butterflies in our garden last night - I think of you!:hugs:

Lady H - happy TWW as well... hope this is your month hun xoxo:hugs::flower:

HTJ - oh hun... I'm really sorry hun...:hugs: I wish I could say something or win the lottery so that all of us didn't have to worry about the financials when it came to testing, sperm donors, IVF, IUI or whatever.... it totally sucks. :hugs: Big hugs... how was your temp this morning? You're still not out yet:hugs:

Hope 39- sorry your app't didn't go well...:hugs::flower:. that's terrible... oh politics!! Hope you can sort it out somehow...

Hi to everyone else out there! Have a great weekend all!!!

AFM - 11DPO today... temp went up a little -but I find it odd that I'm at the fever mark (37 C) (and it's been higher) Makes me wonder if my generally high temp means my body is always fighting something? ie. inflammation - Which brings me to my session yesterday for the food sensitivity testing (electro-dermal screening)... He did foods, environmental and chemical and hormonal imbalances....
So I have a page and a half of foods that I am HIGHLY sensitive to! I did this sort of testing 7 years ago and it was not this bad... I knew of some of the foods that I would be sensitive too but there are many more I didn't even have a clue about that I eat everyday.
Some of my highest ones were: gluten (wheat and any other gluten containing grains such as barley, rye, and even oats), dairy -cow's, sugar -all sugar including honey (my God - I must have eaten a jar and a half of honey while I was sick!):dohh:, peanuts, tons of tropical fruits like banana, pineapple, papaya, mango... and even others like strawberries, dates, figs, citrus fruits including grapefruit! Also really really bad with mushrooms, potatoes, vinegars and anything fermented (ie. alchohol)... and the list goes on and on...
what the heck - I've been eating tons of grapefruit prior to ovulation and tons of pineapple for implantation!! :dohh::dohh:

So the guy told me I have a 'candida' problem for sure (I'm sure most of the fruit problems are about the sugar)... About 80% of the population have a candida problem and don't know it... but it can definitely impair fertility. I knew this and did a candida protocol years ago (felt great too) but that was 7-8 years ago. I still think my problem may be the elevated NK cell thing - so I figure this will at least help me lower the amount my body is fighting against foods. I've also noticed in the past 1-2 years I've just been so tired all the time and lately around 4-5 pm my tummy starts to get upset...

for hormones - it showed my adrenals were imbalanced (but I suspected that) and he said anyone allergic to ragweed outside usually has gluten problems.. interesting.

So I'll be eating a lot of quinoa, brown rice, and veggies for a while!

sorry for the long post!

have a great day ladies!:hugs::hugs:

OMG Dash.... that would be ALL the food I ever eat out the window!! I would bloomin starve to death!! LOL

Ignorance is bliss I say!! bring on the crisps and pienapple juice and a big milky decaf coffee! Waheyyy!!

Hit sorry you got a BFN.... and wish to hell we didn't have to fight and save pennies just to try and have a shot at what everyone else seems to have with no problems.... they just open their legs and hey presto one healthy baby! Pah to that!!

I think I am in a 'Meh to the World mood'.... have no idea why... had quite a good Friday night and today.... long walk with my friends with the dogs and lunch at a pub....

Don't know what is wrong with me....

Think pink... think pink think pink.... calm and gentle pink.... AM REALLY TRYING.... BUT IT AINT HAPPENING! LOL

Also.... what is going on with my chart?? Please someone take a look and let me know cos it is looking freakier by the day.....

Pad - :hugs: :hugs: I am sending you positive vibes for a girl! :hugs: I love that you don't like pink. I am not a big pink fan either but want a girl (will be happy with healthy though). If I have a girl she is wearing gender neutral colors. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~ +++++++++++++++

Dashka - My temp was 37.2 this morning after I got out of bed, went to the bathroom, came back and measured it. It might have been higher if I would have checked it first. When I had good cycles my temp ran higher.

HTJP - :hugs: :hugs: We have all been there and can completely relate. :hug: Money does suck! Maybe you could find a known donor and do home inseminations? I know it's awkward and might seem strange, but you never know.

Neesaw - I hope the tests give you hope and answers. Good Luck!! We're here to support you!!!

Hope - Sorry about the appointment. I have been a bit down about doctors lately. The best advice, is listen to your body, and trust it. :hugs: :hugs:

Lils - Sent you pm. :hugs: Hope you are well friend.

DrS - :hugs: You had a rough last couple of weeks.

Butterfly, LadyH, Coast - Come on :bfp:s!!!!! :dust: :dust:

Hi to all the rest of you lovely ladies!! xoxo

AFM - I asked my doctor yesterday if I could please get off the 78 mg/day of iron because literally I felt like it was poisoning me. I was anemic a few years back (the polyp made it worse) and was on iron therapy. In any case, with the iron I was taking plus prenatals, the dosage was up quite high. Thinking about it make we want to hurl. I asked the doctor a few weeks back to check my iron (should have been more specific..hemoglobin and ferritin sp?). They said bloodwork was fine and never asked how much I was taking. It might of been fine that day, but I seriously did not feel right. I have the nausea from pregnancy and feel that, but this feels different. In any case, she said I can just take the 30 mg/day from my prenatals. She also said, if I was taking too much I would just poop it out? What? From all the research I have done, iron can be poisonous and lethal and gets stored in your fat cells (liver and heart too). My sister had to go the ER during her pregnancy from iron in her prenatals because she has a blood disorder called Beta Thalasemia so her hemoglobin is always low but not her iron and she ended up in the E.R. because her midwife insisted on her staying on the pregnatals with iron. I guess my point is, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, TRUST IT AND TAKE CARE OF IT! NOBODY KNOWS IT AS WELL AS YOU DO!! Doctors do not know everything.

Inspirational link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&feature=youtu.be

Hi Ladies – thank you for sending me such love & :hugs:, I appreciate it so much! I am much better today. Usually people recover pretty quickly from hysteroscopy, but maybe given the mc, then SIS & then hystero all within 1.5 wks, my girl parts rebelled! Anyway, doing better today, just crampy…

Hope – Gosh, I can NOT even imagine finding out at 6 wks & then having to carry around until 9wks & 12wks – and then doing that 3x! Between you & Pad…jeez. Makes me want to cry for you – you guys are such STRONG ladies!!! You should give yourself a pat on the back for bouncing back from them each time! When do you test TSH in May? Let us know what happens… :flower:

Carole – how we doing today? I hope that thumb is getting more exercise than anything else on your body! Also, I will be very surprised if you last 9 more days… :winkwink: :cloud9:

Asry – you have to be getting antsy about the scan I know – but only 3 more days!!! (and you better let us know the minute you come home! Forget mom or BF, we wanna know first! :haha:). Oh yeah, sorry I’m not moving to Finland now. I’m moving to Canada! I’m still reeling from that – I had no idea how strict we were… :growlmad: I may have to run for President this fall…

Butterfly – Yay for 2WW! I see we made it to London on a few occasions?! :happydance: AND it looks like you covered your bases & BD’d before, during & after +OPK & your temps are rising quite nicely! :dust:

Fro – I wouldn’t worry about being a teeny tiny bit under the 120 mark – I’d take that as a great scan! Soooo happy for you! :hugs: & :kiss: But do update us on this week’s scan too! Edit – just saw new post – so glad you can lower your iron intake if that was making you sick! Also thank you for the inspirational video – WOW, gave me goosebumps. He was a whole diff man in the end! :hugs:

Manuiti – let us know how your scan went! I think you had yours 5/3 right? (but going off memory – sorry if wrong) FX :flower:

HTJ – thanks for sending so much :hugs: my way! I was lurking a bit, just not up to posting. I am so sorry for BFN, honey! I was worried bc I saw your temp dropping but then it picked back up, so maybe you are a late implanter? If you implant 12DPO, then won’t show up until 14DPO or later – FX! Also, I’m sorry you’ve been down. Since Dr screwed up, you think you can talk them into going halves? We are by no means a negotiating society (like Bahamas!) but I still try sometimes & I’d say I get at least part of what I asked 50% of the time? All they can say is no, but I’d bring up that they are supp’d to know what they are doing & a simple scan would have confirmed ov right on the spot… Ask for a free one & then “settle” for going in halves? (IDK if that will fly, but just throwing out an idear?) :hugs: (Oh yeah, what kind of boa? I had red tails for YEARS but they kept dying on me – some right away some after 3 yrs & it was always some exotic illeness.. :( loved those little guys) :flower: :hugs:

Pad – I know I wish you could be there too!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!! 40 is the new 30, haven’t you heard? It’s official. Also, when you you typically ov? Your chart is looking like you “may” have ov’d on Thurs. (CD11?) w/that huge dip. I have a lot of peaks & valleys on mine too, but I can’t remember – do you have PCOS? PCOS people tend to have major temp swings (but I don’t have it & I tend to have large swings too) We are all different. Its not until you have some charts to compare that you can see if something is “different” that cycle (so good plane to start early!) :thumbup: Oh yeah, I don’t think the septum did all that much to impede fertility either, so I wouldn’t worry! And I hope you feel better soon honey :hugs:. Don;t worry, there's a lot of that going around rt now!?

Madeline – how are you doing? :hugs:

Nessaw – Welcome! Wow, you read 750 pages already? =D> Smart actually bc you probably have learned so much!

LadyH – what does having colours done mean? FX!

Coast – hope this round of Clomid works for you! FX (PS – you may want to try to drink gf juice & take mucinex for the 5-6 days & day of ov if I didn’t tell you that already – will help in case Clomid causes any EWCM issues & so easy to do)

Dashka – Jeez, I’m w/Pad, I’d starve! But if you can lower some of your intake to keep the NK cells minimal, & if that is your issue, I’m sure it’s worth it! Also, that chart is looking great – I know you keep feel like throwing in the towel, so I’ll hold onto that towel for you! :thumbup: :hugs:

Dwrgi – Hope you are feeling & doing OK? And I hope you have a blast at the Rhod Gilbert comedy show! He’s sooo funny!!! I’m so glad that you are getting out & doing some fun stuff! Oh yeah, I think I misunderstood about Bath :nope: so I will put in a separate post… :hugs:

HA - :hugs:

:hi: DrS, Purps, Never, agape, Nikki, Nicker & anyone else I missed (off memory here)!!! Hope you all are doing well!

AFM – made it thru BD this morning bc my temp dropped so I forced myself (just in case), but it may just be a faker… My chart fakes me out a couple times before the real deal. Had a meltdown the other night too – I think I got out all my recent “trauma” so I can start healing & growing again now. It was really weird bc people were calling me out of the woodworks & giving me encouragement & most had no idea what was going on? My reiki instructor even called me bc I was MIA last 3.5 weeks due to all my junk (although I’ve been doing on my own). It all cheered me up, made me positive & I feel like the stars are starting to align again! One day at a time… Oh yeah, yesterday was my 11-yr anniversary & I almost forgot it. So did DH, we’re a pair! (he must have paid a pretty penny to get someone to deliver a huge beautiful bouquet within 3 hours of me talking to him on phone!) :haha: Sorry long post but I’ve been MIA, so I deserve one - lol :hugs: & :kiss:

Hi lilsluz I am sorry you have been so unwell I really hope you are feeling better soon.:hugs: Take care of yourself maybe a Thai massage when you feel up to it :hugs:

I have been thinking through things... :cry: mc still hasn't happened. Went through alot of anxiety about it last few days... Looked into my options re D and C or medical which made me feel better just to know I could go ahead there if I want to.

I have decided that one mc is not reason to quit even though it is not the most pleasant experience. My partner feels guilty about the whole thing as he has been away for work during this time. It has been lonely but I feel stronger because of it - how weird is that :shrug: Anyway hanging in there is the current situation :)

I hope everyone else is doing ok I am thinking of you all and waiting for good news :hugs:

Madeline xxx

Hi lilsluz I am sorry you have been so unwell I really hope you are feeling better soon.:hugs: Take care of yourself maybe a Thai massage when you feel up to it :hugs:

I have been thinking through things... :cry: mc still hasn't happened. Went through alot of anxiety about it last few days... Looked into my options re D and C or medical which made me feel better just to know I could go ahead there if I want to.

I have decided that one mc is not reason to quit even though it is not the most pleasant experience. My partner feels guilty about the whole thing as he has been away for work during this time. It has been lonely but I feel stronger because of it - how weird is that :shrug: Anyway hanging in there is the current situation :)

I hope everyone else is doing ok I am thinking of you all and waiting for good news :hugs:

Madeline xxx

Aw, thank you honey. :hugs: I am doing OK, & yes, the massages that I do get are Thai massages (did I ever mention that before? funny you would say that).

Anyway, I know exactly what you are going thru. And yes, there are options if it takes too long & you can't deal w/it it's a very tough thing to know you are going to mc & having to wait for it. Most people I know have mc'd within about 1-2 weeks, but you do whatever you think is right bc others tend to hang onto it for a while...

And you ARE STRONG & you WILL be able to get thru this - OH or no OH!!! My DH was away during some of my recent stuff too, so I know it can be lonely, but you are strong & you can get thru this! And just FYI, after a mc, you are more likely to have a sticky within 6 months. So, maybe you can take comfort in that? Its something to do with your body already being in "pregnancy mode", so I hope & pray that things resolve quickly & you have time to grieve & then try again when the time is right. At least now you know you can get pregs right? Sending huge :hugs::hugs::hugs: your way!!!
'Lils

thks Lilsluz I just woke up from a long sleep and read your post :hugs:

when I read your post about how unwell you had been all in a week and a half I just immediately thought of a Thai massage :flower:

omg omg the mc has started! :yipee::dance:I am so relieved so relieved. Now I know I want to try again I feel better already now that the hormonal tension is changing. :rain:I have heard that fertility is increased after mc and I really hope that is true. For now I am just relieved I can soon put this behind me.

thks again Lilsluz and everyone for your support during this difficult time when I know that you are all going through your own stresses as well. :hugs::hugs:

:dust::dust:

Madeline xxx

Lil - colour means your skin tone is analysed. We all have in the fat cells under our skin either blue or yellow. This makes you able to wear certain colours very well whilst others can make you look I'll or older. I have yellow so am warm colours, and I came out as Spring which are warm, bright, clear colours. Think kids paint box. I should also wear gold jewellery which is a bummer as I own everything in silver! I need to revamp my wardrobe and make up so it will be a long process but I am excited.

thks Lilsluz I just woke up from a long sleep and read your post :hugs:

when I read your post about how unwell you had been all in a week and a half I just immediately thought of a Thai massage :flower:

omg omg the mc has started! :yipee::dance:I am so relieved so relieved. Now I know I want to try again I feel better already now that the hormonal tension is changing. :rain:I have heard that fertility is increased after mc and I really hope that is true. For now I am just relieved I can soon put this behind me.

thks again Lilsluz and everyone for your support during this difficult time when I know that you are all going through your own stresses as well. :hugs::hugs:

:dust::dust:

Madeline xxx

:hugs: look after yourself today :kiss::kiss::flower:

hi Lady H thanks :hugs: I am a bit nervous about what to expect but definitely relieved. I didn't run the dogs today I just walked them and that was definitely enough. hopefully this will b over soon:)

Madeline xx

Mad and Lil... can I just say that theory about being more fertile is absolutely true... it happened to me with no 5 and 6. I lost no 5 and didn't even have an AF before a BFP with no 6! If that can give a lil bit of light whilst you are both going through all this sadness then that is good...

Lils I don't have PCOS... I don't think... I have had enough scans so I reckon if I had it they would have told me right?.. I don't reckon I OV on CD 11 either.... I reckon I will OV about CD 18-19 as I am usually a 30 dayer... but that was a while ago when I used to CB it.... so that is why this is the test cycle... cos I actually have no idea what my body is doing nowadays! LOL

Fro I will immediately start thinking pink for you too chick! It must be so good to be so in tune with your body.... me and my body have gone years without talking... in fact we argue continually about all sorts of things hehehe!!

LadyH I have always wanted to do that colours thing.... sounds really good.

How is everyone else? All good?

Good morning ladies!

Pad - I know ignorance is bliss - you're right.. it will be damn hard and although I can't possibly do and cut everything 100% of the time - I'll try to do what I can most of the time and at least it will make me believe I can take back some of the control over fertility (TTC makes us feel so NOT in control of ourselves sometimes).:winkwink: Your chart does look like you ovulated on Day 11 - although without any other specifics like EWCM and opk results it's harder to predict... Are you keeping track of CM? I only do it by wiping and just the EWCM days. xoxo

Lils - glad you are starting to feel better my friend :hugs: Yay! for BDing!! Looks like a dip and hope that wasn't a fake one:winkwink::haha: Hope you can go to Reiki this week - it sounds like you definitely need it girl...:hugs: I am hoping and praying that you get your BFP this month !:hugs:

Froliky - OMG OMG that video you posted made me ball my eyes out at the end!!:cry: I don't know if it's the time of the month or if I could somehow relate because of my knee injury (torn ACL a few years ago) and thinking back then that I would never be able to do yoga again (I feel like that many times and wanted to give up)...I am no where near where I want to be with my knee but it gives me hope!:thumbup: Thank you sooo much for posting that.:hugs::hugs:
Re: the iron -so glad you got it checked! Yes too much iron is Toxic!! You do not pee excess out.... Also fat-soluble vitamins A,D,E,K you don't pee out either so have to be careful with those... The water soluble ones like B, C you do pee out excess.. The important thing is to get it checked (which you did:thumbup:) as you definitely don't want to not have enough in pregnancy.
You must have had some bad cramping/stomach pain from all that iron! ouch!
So scary what your sister went through!

Madeline -glad you are no longer in limbo and that the m/c has started so you can go forward.... but it must be so hard with your OH being away :hugs: You sound like one STRONG lady! Take it really easy on yourself today :hugs::hugs: I hope what Lils/Pad said about being extra fertile happens to you!:hugs:

Carole - how are you today hun?:hugs: getting so close!!:flower:

Asry - good luck on your scan in 2 days!!:hugs:

Manu - checked your journal and so glad you scan went well!!!:hugs:

HTJ - hope you can negotiate a deal (as per Lil's suggestion) I think that's pretty fair! :hugs:Sending you big hugs :hugs:

Dwrgi - How are you hun? Glad you are getting out and doing stuff!! sounds fun.... I need to do more of that too....

HA - hello and hope all is ok :flower:

Lady H - colours -sound interesting! I've also thought I could only wear the cooler colours but never had it done....

Purple - are you back from vacay yet??? hope you had a blast :hugs:

Butterfly and Dr S - hello and big hugs:hugs: - how are you?

Hello to all the other ladies I missed!!:hugs::hugs:

AFM -temp dipped a little today but not major 36.96 C - think I may be on my way out in a day or two... today is 12DPO and my LP is usually 12 days but the last couple of months it's been 13 -so we'll see... I may test tomorrow (13DPO) but if my bb's stop hurting when I wake up I'll know that I'm on my way out. Did a little gardening yesterday and I'm so sore today.... my stupid bum knee .... thank goodness I took a hot bath before bed so I think that helped a little - but back and lower half are achy... I feel so old when this happens!! :dohh:have to start doing yoga again to build up my muscles but I get up in the morning and come on BnB..... come on priority girls!!!:haha::haha:

have a great day all !
xoxo

thks Dashka, I think we are all pretty strong women on this thread :) good luck w testing tomoro I will be thinking positive thoughts for you :hugs:

Madeline xxx

Hi lovely ladies, big huge :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all, I have really missed you! I am just catching up with everything, so bear with me a bit.

Firstly, madelaine, I am so sorry for you loss honey! It is sooooo bloody hard to have a mc although I'm glad things started off for you, and you weren't just waiting and waiting. Big love to you chick. Be kind to yourself, as you may start to feel like all is ok, and then have moments where you cry at the drop of a hat!
I wish you didn't have to go though that xx

Hello new ladies and welcome, I am so glad you found this thread! It has saved my sanity more that once!!!

Lils well done for getting through all that testing! It sounds horrid!! And butterfly and dwrgi I am so excited to meet you all! I honesty don't mind what we do, I'll join in with pretty much anything, but no extreme sports :haha: remember I am a uhum larger lady ..... So lumpy thighs etc are nothing in comparison to what I bring with me

Carole hope you are feeling better, I am holding my breath waiting for Zara to arrive!

Big loves to asry and Manu and frols xxxx

Ha and titi I will stalk you next!

Ladyh big loves xxxx

Nothing from missy yet??? Hope your ok lovely xxx

Dashka, I'll keep everything crossed for you tomorrow xxxxx

Jackpot your trip sounds lovely, sorry about your fall though, I am completely clumsy too! It's a pain!!

DrS bug hugs, it sounds like you have a whole new plan! Are you feeling positive about it? Do you think it's the way to go? And do you have faith in your doc?

Pad I am still thinking pink for you Hun xxx maybe you could start drinking pink champaign :haha:

Big huge loves to everyone, I know I've not mentioned everyone, but I am still tired, so , sorry about that xxxx

Am, we are back home and resting with the dogs on the sofa! We had a lovely time, and I have to say, Norway is the most beautiful country I have even seen! The mountains and fjords and waterfalls etc etc are just breath taking! It is very expensive though compared to the uk but there you go, we did a lot of walking and gazing in awe, but a lot of relaxing too, and I though about your ladies every day! Now I think I might have a tiny sleep:winkwink: hope you all have a fab Sunday xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->