TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey Tiger-fab to see in your signature that you are going for ICSI (or IMSI?). I bet you're so excited! It's a long journey, isn't it, and time goes so fast! Huge hugs and lots of luck to you! :hugs:

I'm absolutely freaking out about it!! Yep, ICSI is our only option. We get one go on the NHS (postcode lottery :growlmad:), but we'll just have to see what happens. I've also been told that my left ovary is very high-up, they'll try and manipulate it if/when we get to ER, but if they can't reach it, then it's just down to my poor old right ovary. To be honest, we're just amazed to have got this far, we were preparing for the worst when DH went for his TESE.

I'm sooooo pleased you're going for it, good luck darling! :hugs: :hugs:

C xx

Hi Ladies I can't keep up :haha: Thinking of you all though.

No I'm not a vegi but I am funny about where I get our meat and we don't eat a lot.:thumbup:

Hey Tiger-fab to see in your signature that you are going for ICSI (or IMSI?). I bet you're so excited! It's a long journey, isn't it, and time goes so fast! Huge hugs and lots of luck to you! :hugs:

I'm absolutely freaking out about it!! Yep, ICSI is our only option. We get one go on the NHS (postcode lottery :growlmad:), but we'll just have to see what happens. I've also been told that my left ovary is very high-up, they'll try and manipulate it if/when we get to ER, but if they can't reach it, then it's just down to my poor old right ovary. To be honest, we're just amazed to have got this far, we were preparing for the worst when DH went for his TESE.

I'm sooooo pleased you're going for it, good luck darling! :hugs: :hugs:

C xx

Star jumps are the way to go, Tiger, just before EC!! A consultant at my clinic swears by them, as they help to lower the ovaries and make them easier to access! Do about ten before you go down to theatre!!

You will be fine, I'm sure, and at least there's a sense that things are happening. I always feel happier during treatment, as we are being ASSISTED in the truest sense of the word. Our solitary attempts have been woeful, so treatment? Bring it on!!!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world, and stay with us, so we can help and support you!

Good luck hun,
Axxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hi: Ladies! I’ve been a bit busy w/work & DH’s biz, so my attendance may be spotty (but hopef nothing else is!) & now BNB had to go & mess up the whole site & I can’t even Thank anyone properly, so “Thanks” to the last few posts!

Fro – YAY for spoiler!!!! So awesome :cloud9: Hope you are feeling well, honey :hugs: (I know it is hard to keep up w/everyone so I’ve resorted to the “last 3 page” method! :haha:) :flower:

Dashka – now that we have all posted different opinions on when to record 1st day AF, are you thoroughly :wacko: yet? And I second that motion that 40 is only a number. You will feel no different & all that matters in life is the amount of LOVE you can share…When’s the mammo? :hugs:

Dwrgi – Yeah, that’s a long way to roll! You’re too funny sleeping in sep beds, but you know a lot more people do that than we realize! I do it like 2-3x/wk myself (DH snoring or when my back hurts my “set-up” – heating pad, knee pillow, etc – is in the guest room [woman cave]) YAY for Ov! You should get your crosshairs pretty soon & hopefully Sunday delight comes thru! :winkwink: :haha: We both ov’d about the same time (IF I ov’d…). And no, you are not mad in TTC or that means most of us here are :wacko: too! Late 30’s/early 40’s who cares? Baby would be so lucky to have you as a mommy! Bath sounds like a plan, love the :coffee:, spa, Sunday Roast idea. :thumbup: (you always make me laugh, you spunky one, you! :haha: ) Oh – when is apt for IVF #3? :hugs: :dust:

Butterfly – just curious, what happens if you take out the first +OPK now? (just for educational purposes!) :hugs: :dust:

LadyH – 11DPO is still early so don’t give up hope! :dust:

Madeline – how you doing hun? Hope you are OK :hugs:

Purple – sounds like you had such a Fab day w/Never!!! Get some :sleep: mama! (Angry house will forgive you :haha: ) For some reason, I always picture a Native American tribal chief when you mention the angry house! Lol :hugs: (I think it’s from a movie, right?)

Asry – :loo: :sick: Hey, Natural Gas is the “in” thing now anyway! So is recycling - if you can find a way to hook up your heating & air conditioning to your arse & you’ll have it made! :rofl: (I bet that would probably get you a CNN exclusive…!) :rofl: :hugs:

HTJ – so glad they are getting you in earlier this cycle!!! :thumbup:

Never – what do you mean no pics? Hey a “crying for joy” face is the most beautiful face one could ever ask for! :hugs: (it was for joy right? :winkwink::haha:)

Tigerlily - :hi:! Looks like you’ve been thru a spell, honey. :growlmad: FX for ICSI!!! :thumbup: (They do a lottery according to postal code? Wow!)

Carole - You still with us? Getting so close, bet you can’t wait! :happydance:

:Hi: Pad, DrS, OMM, manuiti?, HA, Titi, Hope & anyone else lurking!

AFM – had major cramping/pain 3 days straight. I googled (surprise) & apparently that is quite normal after mc, but DANG it put me down a few times! And my temps weren’t doing their normal fall down on Ov & shoot for the stars next day thing so I also found out something interesting. Apparently, you can get +OPK’s & never Ov! WTF? :growlmad: How cruel is THAT! :grr: So the only way you can tell if you Ov’d each cycle is (1) temping, or (2) blood test (well, u/s would tell too, I guess, but no one does that). My temps shot up today, but I’m not banking on a 1-day trend, so we’ll see…(fx) Then I read about TTC month after mc horror stories. No more googling for me! :growlmad: (too late now :shrug::nope:)

Have a wonderful night/morning/sleep ladies & I wish I could meet ALL of you in Bath! :hugs::hugs::hugs: To the 2WW’rs :dust::dust::dust:

(P.S. - pretty sad that icons aren't working, but I know them all anyway!):haha: I gotta get a life...

Hi ladies! I would love to join this thread! Me and my DH are 38 and TTC #1, no luck after 7 months of TTC (5 years NTNP) and my doc sent us to RE for further eval. All tests and labs are normal, so I'm on my first round of clomid 50mg starting tonight (cd3). My progesterone is slightly low at 8dpo, so she recommended clomid, due to my age. This thread is what I have been looking for! :dust:

:Asry – :loo: :sick: Hey, Natural Gas is the “in” thing now anyway! So is recycling - if you can find a way to hook up your heating & air conditioning to your arse & you’ll have it made! :rofl: (I bet that would probably get you a CNN exclusive…!) :rofl: :hugs:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: you crazy woman!!! :haha: you almost made me pee my pants again :haha:
And step away from Google :jo: you've been proofed to O so I'm sure you did, I think everyone has unovulatory cycles sometimes but I think then you wouldn't have a temp spike?

Dashka, are you a hockey fan? I always thought all the canadians are same as we are with hockey :headspin: Anyways...theres Finland-Canada game coming on tonight!!!! Yay!!! :happydance: You guys have always been a very tough ones like US and Swedes also. And I remember you having very CUTE players there :bunny:

DrS - how are you? How are things going? :hugs:
grkprn - welcome to a wonderful thread of lovely ladies!! :flower:

Sending lots lots :hugs: to you all and ya'll have a FAB weekend :munch::pizza::wine:

im a huge hockey fan but all my teams are out (flyers born and raised., but live in oakland now so.. san jose sharks are number 2, and lived in pittsburgh pa for 6 yrs so penguins are number 3.. at least my least favorite team.. the red wings are also out).

im good. go for progesterone level tomorrow then start lupron tomorrow night.

Hi ladies! I would love to join this thread! Me and my DH are 38 and TTC #1, no luck after 7 months of TTC (5 years NTNP) and my doc sent us to RE for further eval. All tests and labs are normal, so I'm on my first round of clomid 50mg starting tonight (cd3). My progesterone is slightly low at 8dpo, so she recommended clomid, due to my age. This thread is what I have been looking for! :dust:

:hi: and welcome :) the ladies here are fab!! I hope your stay here is short and sweet. I hope the clomid treats you ok.

Welcome grkprn :hi:

LilS, great minds think alike, I keep taking out that + opk every day and then it just takes out my crosshairs completely :dohh: looks like you did O lady, I had anovulatory after my mc but yours is looking good :thumbup:

Damn this site is annoying now :growlmad:

Good morning ladies - wishing you all a lovely Friday - it's almost the weekend !! :yipee: :wohoo:

I will post more later as I have full clinic this morning.

I agree! What on earth is going on with The Dump (what OH and I call B&B)???! Put it right, people!!!

Asry-lovely to see your post! So glad that everything is going well for you! It makes me smile inside when I think of you! Have a great Finnish weekend, lots of love, Axxxx

Butterfly-you make me think of scientists, as you are so technical!!! Hope you're wearing your lab coat as we speak! Hope that graph shows that you did ov! Have a great weekend, hun! Any plans? xxx

Lil-you make ME laugh as you are so energetic and lively! Sorry that you've had bad AF pains-what on earth is that about, but I guess it shows that 'things' are working normally! GL with ov-hope you caught that eggy! xxx

Dr S-good luck with lupron. Hope this is the magic cycle for you!
x

Hello all newbies! Let your stay be short, but in the nicest possible way! xx

Purps-hia! How did it go with Never yesterday? It must have been fab to finally meet! Hope you're okay hun? xx

Fro-big hello!! xx

Pad-any more balls to go to this weekend?? Have a good one! x

Twinkle-hello to you! Have a good weekend too! xx

Coast, Chicken, Jack-hello girls! Hope you're all okay?

For those I've missed, a big hello!

I'm pretty certain I missed my ov cos of OH's infantile tantrum. Humph. Oh well, nothing to be done. Went running last night, to get rid of my IVF weight (have gained almost three quarters of a stone over the last year). Urgh. Within minutes, I had the worst splints ever-OH said that was impossible, as shin splints are had if you over-exercise. I said that was exactly right, as I eyed up the sofa. He didn't get the joke. Hobbling along today! Oh well. I haven't made that call to the clinic yet. Why why why???? Ho hum............

Love to you all! Btw, what is the date of the Bath meet?????

Mwoah mwoah darlings!

Good morning ladies!
sorry it was so crazy yesterday I didn't get a chance to post and then the stupid site was down for 3 hrs....now you can't find it in your subscribed threads so you have to search for it.... and then when you post it says "thanks Hack!!!?????" what's up with that.... oh so now I'm a hacker???

Where the heck are the icons?? Do they only show up when you hit post?

Lils - hope the cramping is better hun... Ya I recently found out to that you can have a +OPK and still not ovulate...(I also Googled)...damn Googling is so much fun but at the same time can make one very depressed!

Frol - Yay for spoiler! so glad all is ok.... and DH's sleeping patterns..oh my I thought I had it bad.... Hope you are feeling better...

Purple - yay for 16 weeks!

Butterfly - how are you doing hun? How many DPO are you now?

Dwrgi - no way girl -re: being crazy/age - As you said -age is just a number! If I get preggers this year DH will be 44 in October (and ofcourse moi 40) Your baby is going to be loved loved loved ! And re: DH not co-operating at the right time - Must we beg men to do their one little duty in this whole thing???!!!! Argh

Lady H - how are you today? hang in there girl.... xo

HTJ - GL on IUI #3!! Glad they are getting you in earlier too!

Asry - Happy 7 weeks! No I'm not a hockey fan (never been much of a sports girl) I think it's because my older sister was a huge fan and so I strived to be different than her growing up!!
Hey -question for you -you used to take cinnamon for delaying ovulation right? How much did you take? I'm starting to add to my morning smoothie -about 1/4 teaspoon...is that too much? Hope you are well!!!

Dr S - Good luck with meds this week! Fx for you!

HA & Titi - hope you're well and things are going ok?

Agape - GL with your scan on Tues!

Tigerlily - GL with ICSI!

Grkprn - welcome to the best thread on BnB... it's even better when the site is actually working properly!!

Big hugs to Never, Twinks, Coast, Chicken, Ipen, Missy, and anyone I missed!!

AFM - thanks for all the early birthday wishes! Glad I have the day off for it tomorrow -as I can never take it off usually because it's our busiest time of year at work. So was sooooo pissed off yesterday I could have killed someone! Leave work early at 4:30 to go to my mammogram app't and drive there in massive traffic -took 50 min to get there and they tell me my app't is cancelled and that they tried to contact me at home!!! HELLO!!! I'm working - not at home!!! Apparently, the technician had to leave at 4pm for an 'emergency'.... So I'm like -why didn't you take my work # when I asked you if you wanted my work # when I made the appointment! So I'm going to try to go again today (but sucks because have to ask to leave early again and then drive in Friday night traffic up north which is horrendous)... So that is my rant for the day... Going to call before I go this time... ARGH.. God I wish those icons were working now!

Have a great weekend ladies!!
xoxo

oops I don't even know my own DH's age....I should have said he's 42 (turning 43 in October!)

oops I don't even know my own DH's age....I should have said he's 42 (turning 43 in October!)

Ha ha!!! I once told an official over the phone that I was 28, when I was actually 33!!!!! OMG, what a dunce I felt, when I had to correct myself!!

And as for the mammogram test being cancelled, I would be furious. That is just not acceptable! I would have been pissed off too!

Hopefully, it'll all be okay today, FX,
Axxxx

Dashka hun, no I never used cinnamon for that, can't remember who talked about it though :dohh: sorry to hear they messed up the appointment!!!
Must've been sooooo annoying :saywhat::gun:

and what, are the icons not working for you guys? Mine looks normal..:shrug:

:mamafy:

Bath trippers! Have a look at this! I think we should give it a go, for coffee or lunch!

https://www.romanbaths.co.uk/the_pump_room/restaurant.aspx

Ooohhhh morning girls! :coffee:

Sorry I have been absent the last few days... well, I have been lurking but haven't had much time to post. Soooo, I AM keeping up with all of you, but there has been too much going on in the office (and too many ppl looking over my shoulder) to be on as much as I would like. I'm also working 2 jobs right now so I leave the house at 6am and I don't get home until 10pm Monday-Fri. I pretty much go home and straight to bed... don't really want to get back on the computer at night after staring at the screen all day. :doh:

I have already made arrangements to take the day off of my full time job on the day I have iui #3, that way I can go home and rest and take it easy with DP. The less stress that day the better things must go, right? :D May as well stack the deck even further! Oh! And to those who asked about getting a "freebie" from the doc for the missed O, that's a no-go, because medicine is not "an exact science." Can't say that I blame him, but it was worth a try, eh?

I am really looking forward to the changes we have made to my IUI schedule... I think that only good things can come from it! We are stretching ourselves SUPER thin financially this month to do the IUI, but I just don't want to skip it. If I have to eat Spaghetti-Os (ew...) all month to save funds, then that's what I'll do! :D Ramen noodles, here we come! Haha!

DP was so sweet last night... on my way home from work, I called her to check in and she started crying (which she doesn't do often). She explained that her brain had been working overtime all day thinking about having a baby. She explained that she's afraid of being a parent, doesn't know what she's doing, (what if I drop the baby? or cause diaper rash? or feed it wrong?) and she thinks it will "hurt" to be a parent just because of how much she will worry about our LO for the rest of her life! I love when she shows her softer side :D But we talked it out, and she felt a little better, but it just warmed my heart to see how deeply she is thinking about all of this. She doesn't often share stuff like that with me, so it was sweet to see. I thought I was the only one in this relationship that had those kind of breakdowns - now I know that mine are just much (MUCH) more frequent! hehe

Ack! Look at the time. Gotta get back to the grind. Will try to catch up with you all this weekend! Smoochies and snoggles to you all!!

Dwrgi - that sounds good to me - coffee at 11am Pump Room? I did run across that one at some point... The date is 6/10 (Sunday). We'll have to exchange cell phone#'s - oh wow, I need to call verizon! I don't think my cell is going to work over there? Worse comes to worst I can give hotel#... Feel better & don't worry - you'll make that call when you are ready for it darlin :thumbup:

dashka - I'd be so pissed! I took 2 hours off work for an appt before & they knew days ahead of time & said they tried to call me at home. I haven't had a home# in 2 years, but I've had the same cell for 12 years now & I KNOW I gave it to them before (been going there for 10 years)! Here this is for you: :grr::grr::grr: :trouble: :growlmad: (I have them memorized :dohh: I feel like a complete dork now! :haha: )

Asry - 7 weeks! Jeez, where has the time gone!!!! :happydance: Yeah, I think I ov'd now that I had a 2nd day high temp (I have to sustain it for 3 days to confirm ov). :hugs:

Butterfly - We're such chart geeks! :haha:! I wonder what would happen if you took out +OPK first day & then checked "sleep deprived" for day of +OPK? lol, I know - get a life right?

Purps - TGIF back atcha!!!

I thought cramps/back pain were done but kept me up until almost 1am last night again & have to get up at 6am, although this time they were just on the ov side (which still had that luteal cyst there so maybe it is trying ot resolve itself...). I just realized if I don't get BFP this cycle, I have to wait until JULY! :growlmad::grr::grr: Oh well, worse comes to worst I'll have a break (but I'm still gonna be pissed about it) Perhaps I can bring a "sample" & a turkey baster with me to the UK. :haha: Oh boy, the fun I could have with airport security on that one! "No, for real officer, its organic hand lotion..." :rofl: I gross myself out sometimes! :sick: LOL...

HTJ - I admire you for trying to get that freebie!!!! Worst they can say is "no", you know? Glad DP has opened up to you :awww: I have yet to really experience that one as DH is such a man. Its in there somewhere tho... 2 jobs sucks! :growlmad: I'm sort-of in that position myself trying to handle DH's biz's after work almost every day & I'm getting sick of it... its taking away my my balance & my zen! We just have to try however we can to keep stress levels down... :hugs:

There definitely is something up with the icons! I've been having a problem since yesterday! When I click "more", the pop up doesn't come up and the popup blocker is disabled! :/

Question: Is anyone around CD4? Was looking for some cycle buddies!

Hope everyone is having (or had!) a great Friday! Here comes the weekend ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->