TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Nessa, that's good news.

Had a wonderful day in Bath with Lil, Butterfly and Dwrgi. Loooong wallow in the lovely warm Spa then a nice meal. As expected the ladies were as wonderful in the flesh as I expected. Felt like I had known them a long time. Weird to know so much about someone when you have never met! :flower::flower:

Hope you are all well and bracing yourselves for Monday..... :hugs:

I agree, Lady H, really really lovely day!! We shall have to schedule round 2!!

Love to everybody, will try and catch up with everybody this week,

Axxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I 3rd that one LadyH! :thumbup: It was so WONDERFUL to meet Dwrgi, Butterfly & LadyH :happydance::happydance::happydance: I felt like I've known them for years :winkwink: We are all blonde too, :dohh: (The Four Non Blondes have nothing on us! "The BNB Blondes do Bath") :haha:

It was sooooo nice & relaxing & we had such a lovely, incredibly delish lunch too. Dwrgi is as funny & spunky in person as she is on BNB :haha:, Lady H is a very sweet, cute lady & I'm so happy she got to join us :flower: & Butterfly is such a kind-soul :awww: who appears to have been thru some of the same battles (& lost) as I have with extreme sports :dohh:. All such beautiful, wonderful ladies - truly :friends: I feel so blessed to have them come & meet me, espec since some had to drive pretty far :cry: :friends:... (Ok, tearing up...)

We did laugh a lot & carry on about funny cultural, language & food differences, as that could really make for hours of fun between us all :haha:. Of course I was the odd man out in the accent department, so we all got to make fun of my American accent :p. And Dwrgi has a thick Welsh accent, so she got picked on a little too. :haha: (Americans love British accents so they all could have pretty much told me to F off & I'd think it was cute - lol!) But it was also quite a treat to talk to women in-person about TTC issues - women who are in the same proverbial boat :thumbup: I wish we had a whole weekend, as the time seemed to go by so fast & I think we could have probably talked for days & days on end...:hugs::kiss:

So glad you ladies made it back OK :thumbup:. Butterfly check in when you can honey so I don't worry :winkwink:. Thanks again ladies & you surely must do it again! :cloud9::hugs:

My only wish is that every one else on here could have been there, too. :hugs::flower:

What a great day with lovely ladies :happydance::happydance::happydance: - think everyone else has covered it :haha: Bath was amazing too :thumbup: loved meeting the girls :friends: :cloud9:

Stopped at a friends on the way back to my sisters and it chucked it down with rain on the way so there were speed restrictions :dohh: but home safe :thumbup:

Thanks for the thoroug report LilS! :thumbup: I knew you guys would have a wonderful time !!!!:happydance::happydance: I'm sure you all made friends for life connection to eachother, and will remember this forever :cloud9:

Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip and eat a lot of pies :pizza: and enjoy your ciders!!! Yummy...what I'd do for some Strongbow/Crowmoore dry applecider...:smug:

Morning girls! I hope that normal service can be resumed as far as I am concerned, re. B&B! Back to school, so am allowed to think of other things than marking!!! 221 scripts down, about 130 to go if I do my usual allocation, but I might ask for another 280 as I need the dosh!!! :cry::cry: Got until June 25th so should be manageable!!

Well, little did we know that we have a dead ringer for Sheryl Crow in our midst! Lil-you STUNNER!!! We were all dead jell of you when we walked off-tall, ticked, skinny, ticked, beautiful, ticked!!!! And super lovely, tick!!! :happydance::happydance:

Lovely lovely Butterfly-I reckon I'm going to get A to keep teaching me the golf moves and we can have a golf spa weekend next time! Did I tell you I'm now working on my draw (whilst trying to aim AWAY from the church windows!)??? :winkwink: Glad you got back safely, and keep testing hun!! Big :hugs::hugs:, Axxx

Hia Lovely Lady H-did you manage the lasagne when you got in??? I felt REALLY tired last night-I think it was the thermae spring waters!!! Please get hubby to chase up those SA tests-you need it done NOW!!!! :hugs:

Neesaw-good job on hubby's new job. One less thing to worry about!

Dashka-how are you hun?? Think I read you have an imminent appointment? This is good news, I hope you can organise logistics to get the ball rolling! GL to you, Axxx

HTJ-seem to remember you said you were going for a sample with fewer sperm. It astonishes me that we're talking MILLIONS of the little buggers, so I'm sure that it won't make any difference to you at all. Just go for it!!

Dr S-how are the stimms going? Hope you're eating loads of protein and drinking loads of water! GL!

Purple-how are you hun??? Have heard loads about your little bump!! I bet it's super cute! :hugs:

Asry-I think we can safely say that Lil will have a few ciders on you this week, especially as she's staying in a West Country pub on Friday night!!! :winkwink::winkwink: Congratulations on being 11 weeks-where does the time go???

Chicken-how are you hun?? Big :hugs: to you, Axxx

Greek-ditto to you-big :hugs:

Twinks, Missy, HA, Never, Frolicky, Newbies, and anybody I've foolishly forgotten to include, big :hugs::hugs: to you all!

Like I said to the girls yesterday, this month doesn't count for me, as I'll be starting the stimms next month and they will get me to take norethisterone from next Thursday onwards to delay AF until they want her to arrive. Flip-where has the time gone?? REALLY REALLY don't want to do another IVF, but what are the options??? So, got to get back on that IVF horse. Grrr..

Love to you all, and hope you have a good week,

Axxxx :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs:

Nessaw - that's fab news for your dh!! :)

Dwrgi, Butterfly, LadyH and Lils - I am so happy youve had such a fab time yesterday - I was delighted for you when I saw it wasn't pouring with rain when I got up yesterday!! :hugs:
and lils - pies and cider!! lol.....you'll be a proper Brit before you know it!

huge huge :hugs: to everyone else, I hope you ladies are all well and ready for this week, doesn't Monday come around super fast!!

big loves

Lou x

Oh and Dwrgi - lovely I will thinking of you and sending you positive vibes and loves for IVF :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hmmm any chance sperm can survive inside you for two weeks as I'm relying on it lol!!!

My ovulation day keeps moving as my temp has gone up every day for about 6 days now, kind of hope it's wrong and that I ovulated 3 days earlier or only yesterday. I was much less obsessed when I was just ignorantly thinking about it :)

Glad you all had a nice time in bath. Wish I lived nearer x

Technically, sperm CAN survive for up to five days, so FX you've caught the right time! Try not to worry, there is so much to get anxious about. We wouldn't get out of bed if we worried about every aspect of it... GL hun!!!

xx

Really glad you all had a fab time - sounds like it was just lovely!! xx

Hi everyone,

Girls that was so wonderful that you were able to meet! Have a great day all!

Hi ladies! I'm 36 and TTC#1. I invested in a clear blue fertility monitor 2 months ago & last month (on the 2nd cycle) it picked up my peak time so I'm counting that cycle as our first 'properly' trying. AF arrived today but I'm trying to stay hopeful & positive as I know it's bound to take a little longer now.
How long have you all been TTC? Is anybody else using the CBFM?

Hi ladies!

So glad you ladies were able to meet up in Bath! I SOOO wish I could have been there!:winkwink::thumbup:

Lils - thanks for the descriptions... wow all blond eh?? I always pictured Dwrgi with darker hair - I don't know why.... (but then again -I remember Dwrgi said she got brunette and hated it...so not sure why I thought that):dohh:
So glad you are enjoying yourself .... pies and cider! wow.... I don't think I've ever tried cider.... does it taste like beer? Enjoy!!!:hugs::hugs:

Nessaw - glad to hear that your BF got the job! awesome! Hope that will make things easier for you now..:thumbup:

Dwrgi - GL with the marking.....:thumbup: Wow can't believe it's almost time for you to start meds again.... that came up fast (for me)... You are so going to kick this next IVF's butt!..... :thumbup::hugs: That means you'll have the summer off right? I sooo should have went into teaching. (My sister is a teacher too). Yes my appointment with RE is July 23 and it will be here before we know it.

Hello to everyone out there - hope you have a great week!!!

xoxo

Welcome Rowanbud! I just turned 40 and have been TTC for 10 years... (I know crazy right?) Hope your stay is short and sweet....:flower: Also - I don't use the CB monitor - I use the opk strips.... Start at Day 9 once a day and then when I see a faint line - test 2x /day until darkest line... (I usually ov around day 11/12)

GL to you!!

hi everyone thanks for your lovely msgs.glad you had a great time meeting up.will def be up for it if/when you meet again.

welcome rowanbud.this is my 8th cycle trying.I also use the opks.had blood tests last month which showed I hadn't ovulated.

so went today for another cd21 blood test just for the progesterone to see if last month was a one off.fingers crossed.waiting now for appt for ultra sound.

also picked up pot for boyf sperm analysis.he tried to moan about the indigbity to which i gave a thorough description of smear tests, colposcopies and every other lovely test a woman gets to endure.he shut up quite quickly.:)

Hi rowan! Welcome to the thread!
I used the cbfm and like you it seemed to find my peaks on the second month of using it.
It worked for me! ( and we got pregnant on month 5 of using it)
Good Luck Hun!

Big :hugs: al!
I have some news from today, but it is sensitive so please don't read unless you are feeling ok and not delicate at all!

I am going to put it in a spoiler!

Again...don't read unless you want to know baby news! And please don't reply cos I don't want to upset anyone!

Scan today showed everything is good, and we are having a baby girl!!! :pink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->