TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Morning everybody! How are we all???

It's gone quiet on here-is everybody watching the Olympics like me??? :haha:

Love to you all, and big :hugs::hugs::hugs: all round!
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

good morning!
I am mooching but in between work (it always gets in the way!)

A - are you having some nice time off hun? I hope you are getting resting done!!

Quite frankly, Purps, I don't know where I get the time to go to work as it takes ages to check my FB account, emails, BnB and my FF friends...... By then, I'm exhausted by all the typing!!!! I'll have to speak to my Boss about it in Sept, so he can take some of the classes off me!!! :haha::haha::haha:

I'm okay, lovely. Been a bit stressed by a few things: treatment, tenant, stuff going on in the Village Association (oh yes!).... there's conflict wherever you look, seems to me.... Anyway, will have to dig those comedies out and start laughing! :haha::haha:

Hope you're okay lovely?? Any nice events planned? Also, any news on Never?

Love to you lovely,
Axxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi all.

am ok thanks for asking.was expecting it as prog levels too low for ov.just glad it turned up before we went away as i'm not regular i didn't want to wait for it to show up here.am keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle and my fertility clinic appt is there when we get home!but i know it won't be.

am obsessed with the olympics.don't know what i'll do next wk!!boyf's mum keeps recording it and fast forwarding thro bits hours later which is a tad annoying!!!but if that's all we have to deal with then i'll be happy.

how's everyone doing?it is v quiet on here.

have a gd day.it's v drizzily oop north so think the planned walk is out the window.we've left the dogs with a friend.feeling v guilty and missing them lots.daft things!(me and the dogs:)).

love vx

Good morning ladies!

Lady H and Nessaw - so sorry that damn b$5tch showed up :hugs::dohh:.... so frustrating when she plays with our minds too before... Hope you indulged in something sinful....:winkwink::winkwink:

Dwrgi - Hi hun! LOL - re: telling your boss.... I often think the same - work just gets in the way of life doesn't it???:haha::haha: Hey according to FF we ovulated on the same day! So we're both 7DPO...:winkwink::winkwink: I also noticed that our temps after ovulation are similar (if you convert to Celcius) I'm feeling the regular symptoms I get at this time... don't think I'll have any luck this month... but I guess you never know. Really hope this is your month:winkwink::thumbup::hugs::kiss:

Purps - thanks for the update on Never!.... Happy Olympic watching! I just don't have much time to watch them.... but I can see how exciting it must be to have them in your country!:winkwink::hugs:

Lils - hope you enjoyed the vino for everyone...and hope things calm down at work soon....:winkwink::hugs::kiss:

Pad - oh so glad you are getting near the end of the boxes finally..... it's so much easier when there is an end in sight! Re: your question - I live in Toronto (so quite far from Calgary)....:haha::winkwink::winkwink: Take it easy honey! Glad you are still taking your vitamins!:hugs:

Tiger - hope the Gonal F works some magic on that 'chilled out' hiding ovary ...:winkwink: I am excited for you... I am crossing all limbs that this works for you! :hugs:

Never - if you are reading this - Good luck hun!! hope you are cuddling your LO soon :hugs:

Asry, Fro, Madeline, Dr S, Dr. H, HTJ, Chicken, Owl, HA, Grkprn, Bearlake and I know I'm forgetting many but having mental gaps right now :dohh:...sorry! - hugs to all and have a great day!:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

AFM - nothing to report - went to parent's cottage for day and a half - but not as restful as I had hoped - tons of people came (last minute) and so it was more work (and confusion and noise) than I wanted...:dohh:. but oh well... still nice weather so was nice in that....:winkwink:
7DPO today and feeling the same symptoms I always get at this time... blah

Quite frankly, Purps, I don't know where I get the time to go to work as it takes ages to check my FB account, emails, BnB and my FF friends...... By then, I'm exhausted by all the typing!!!! I'll have to speak to my Boss about it in Sept, so he can take some of the classes off me!!! :haha::haha::haha:

Ohh I know that feeling!! :rofl:

Nessaw - sorry about that witch :hugs: but I hope you are having a nice break "oop north" :haha: fingers crossed the rain stops for you!!

Dashka - your little break sounds nice but shame about all the extra people when you just want some peace and quiet!! :hugs:

everyone - huge big :hugs: and :kiss: to you all

some never news:

Andrea had another pessary this morning and although her blood pressure is high is trying to walk and bounce on a ball etc to get things moving - nothing more yet. she is very grateful that we are thinking about her, but doesn't want to rub anyones nose in it - iykwim. I will keep an eye on her via her thread and update when there is news :)

It is quiet here. I am finding I am less motivated to read and post in the first 2 weeks after AF, but once I start on those OPKs and head into the TWW I'm an absolute fiend!

Am loving the Olympics, go everyone. I especially like the hard-luck stories like the Irish gymnast that was TWICE hit by such bad injuries/illness that he was told he'd never walk again and blow me down, now he's an Olympian! And the Aussie triathlete that got bronze and only had heart surgery 2 years ago. A-bloody-mazing!

Morning everybody! How are we all???

It's gone quiet on here-is everybody watching the Olympics like me??? :haha:

Love to you all, and big :hugs::hugs::hugs: all round!
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

I'm an Olympics addict.. not looking forward to going cold turkey next Monday! :haha:

Hope you're feeling good, darling... are you planning to test?

:hugs:

C xx

The Olympics are completely compulsive viewing. I can't tear myself away (although I did today....). And it's generated such a 'feel good' feeling in the UK, although I noticed the government trying to bury some bad news with all the fuss going towards the Games. Bah Coalition Government :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Dash-sorry that everybody descended. That is so annoying, cos you could have gone another time if this was the case! They all obviously knew you were there and couldn't keep away! :winkwink::winkwink: I think that I ovulated on the Monday, and it was literally 36 hours after my trigger, as I had really sharp pains in my ovaries, so I think I'm 8dpo. However, I'm with you all the way lovely, and hope this is your month! FX!! :thumbup:

Ness-oooh, your boyf's mother sounds like a one. Hide the remote control!!! Hope you managed to get out to walk the dog.... I can so identify with missing your furbabies when you're away. I think about mine constantly. They ARE such substitutes for kids! Hope you have a lovely rest! xx

Purps-thanks for the update on Never, so exciting! :hugs:

Maddy-I know exactly what you mean. And I so hope that people get into sports as a result. There was a fab poster doing the rounds on FB yesterday, saying something like 'Like if you think these are our real heroes, not Jordan, Kardashians' etc. Or something like that. And it is so true. These people are real heroes and such an inspiration.

Love to everybody, Axxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks Dwrgi - my ND did tell me that when we feel those sharp pains at ov...it doesn't mean that is the exact time we ov.... you can get those before or after too.... I always thought it was the exact moment! :dohh:(is that the only time you felt something)? or did you have more before or after?

...also just looked at your chart and if you ovulated on Monday -then your temp should have gone up on Tuesday - but it went way down first (normal)- which is why I think you ovulated on Tuesday (and FF)..
Sorry don't mean to confuse you!! tell me to shut up now....:wacko::thumbup:

thanks Dwrgi - my ND did tell me that when we feel those sharp pains at ov...it doesn't mean that is the exact time we ov.... you can get those before or after too.... I always thought it was the exact moment! :dohh:(is that the only time you felt something)? or did you have more before or after?

No, that was it. And it was literally 36 hours after the trigger as well (ovulation can apparently occur 24-36 hours later). I really hope it did happen then, as it was closest to the IUI. This is a funny old game, so many variables! :shrug:

FX for us both buddy!

Hey-I did two good deeds today, so hope Mr Karma is watching! There was a collision on the motorway literally in front of our car, and I phoned the police to report it. And, then, OH and I stopped a little girl from walking in front of a car; she was completely oblivious, and we both reached out for her at the same time. Her parents were completely nonplussed-we didn't even get a thank you! :saywhat::saywhat::saywhat::saywhat:

Good morning! :hi:

i know its not morning anywhere but here anymore but...

:dust: and :dust: for the iuis!

and dwrgi, I also contribute a :saywhat: about those parents!!?

...also just looked at your chart and if you ovulated on Monday -then your temp should have gone up on Tuesday - but it went way down first (normal)- which is why I think you ovulated on Tuesday (and FF)..

And there was me clinging on to some hope! We didn't DTD either the next day, as we thought we had all bases covered. Not that those spermies were ever going to penetrate into my old crappy eggs anyway. And, if you are correct, this may explain why they didn't get any eggs last year, as I didn't ovulate them until a day later, and the little sods were clinging onto the follicle walls (although my FS said she flushed them out a few times, I have read that chromosomally abnormal eggs will be harder to get to, as they cling onto the walls and don't release as easily. Of course, they wouldn't have been any good anyway, would they, being chromosomally abnormal and crap?)

I've had enough of this blooming nonsense, quite frankly. May just go and get very drunk.

xx

Morning everybody! How are we all? Hope everybody had a great weekend?

Lils-I am personally grateful to you and touched by your completely selfless and thoughtful actions in sacrificing yourself for our pleasure (those of us who can't drink!). You are very special indeed! :winkwink::winkwink::winkwink: Hope the hangover wasn't too bad!! Where are you at with tests and meds? You said something about an amh re-test? Boy, how I would hide from that one, if it was me! Good luck hun! xx :hugs:

My mother always told me I had such a "giving nature". Just call me "Saint Lils" from now on :rofl: Well, Butterfly offered too, so she can be dubbed Saint ButterFly :haha:. I wonder what our medals wuold look like? lol...

And Pad, I'd be happy to offer my services to you, as well. However, I am guessing that (a) you don't need any help in that dept., and (b) your bottle would be empty by the time I got there, anyway :haha:. Yes, you go show those boxes who's boss! :gun::gun::gun:

Dwrgi, I don't find out results until 8/16 so next Thurs? I have intralipids "being delivered" this Fri. so I'll have to pick out a good movies for nurse & I to watch :thumbup:. But, enough about me, I'm sorry that you are going thru a lot of stress :grr: - not a good time to be stressing :nope:. But, I agree, we need to cut back on work to get our social sites in! :comp: Looks like you had a great time at the game :winkwink: And kudos for those good deeds today! :thumbup: :hugs: & :dust:

Dashka - :growlmad: on intrusions to your peaceful weekend! It's so crazy how you can get symptoms a week before AF :nope:. Of course, I will always hold out hope for you!!! :hugs: & :dust:

Purps - love ya & thanks for updates on Never! She might have to revert to cavewoman tactics... :haha: Glad DH feeling better & you are in a sporty mood these days! I think watching the Olympics should count as exercise. My heart rate goes up watching those athletes!

Tiger - Oh, glad they are going thru with it & that laid-back, splif-smoking ovary is about to get a rude awakening when it gets hit with these drugs! :shock: :haha:

Nessaw - :hugs: We all seem to be told different things about AF & when CD1 counts. For some after 4pm = next day, some after 9pm, some say it depends how heavy it is, Dwrgi's Dr says first full-day, I don't think we ever got to a "final answer" on that one so we all just do the best we can. And unless you have very short cycles, a day doesn't usually matter much. But for your situation, I would think its very clear it would be the next day as CD1.

LadyH - glad that at least she had the courage to show her face so you could get on with it! Hope you treated yourself by doing something that's bad for you! :winkwink: (that really doesn;t take much these days, though, right?)

AFM - just popping on quickly as I am swamped at work this week. And DH just left today to go to Bimini w/his sister & fam. :( I have very limited vacay so would rather spend it on a trip for just he & I, and I've been to Bimini so many times (& surrounded by beaches, sun & palm trees on a daily basis) so want to spend my vacay doing something different! (I know, my life sucks so bad doesn't it? lol)

Just lining up my drugs & infusions for this cycle, although I have another 1.5 wks til O time, but like to be prepared. Dr added 'Roids this cycle :bodyb:, so I have literally covered ALL of my bases now! have a great day ladies! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies!

I was spotty for three days and then last Saturday, I got some light flow. That's all I had for 3 days...light flow. I was supposed to start Clomid 50mg this month, but didn't know when to start it. After talking with my RE's office, I'm supposed to start it today (CD4) and then get a CD14 ultrasound to see the follies. To be honest, I'm not too impressed with my RE's office - the nurses are very nice, but the fellows/residents in training have no beside manner whatsoever. :nope: And they are the ones that I typically see all the time!

I'm getting a 2nd opinion at another RE office in the area next Monday, so I'm hoping that it goes well. Had a fabulous birthday with some delicious :wine: and dinner -- plus I got to spend some time with my childhood friends and family! What could be better than that?

I scanned through all the posts since last Wednesday -- I hope everyone is doing well -- sending :hugs: and :dust:!

And there was me clinging on to some hope! We didn't DTD either the next day, as we thought we had all bases covered. Not that those spermies were ever going to penetrate into my old crappy eggs anyway. And, if you are correct, this may explain why they didn't get any eggs last year, as I didn't ovulate them until a day later, and the little sods were clinging onto the follicle walls (although my FS said she flushed them out a few times, I have read that chromosomally abnormal eggs will be harder to get to, as they cling onto the walls and don't release as easily. Of course, they wouldn't have been any good anyway, would they, being chromosomally abnormal and crap?)

I've had enough of this blooming nonsense, quite frankly. May just go and get very drunk.

xx

oh hun - I didn't mean to discourage you!!! Weather you ovulated on Monday/Tuesday doesn't really matter as long as you got those spermies in there before (and not after!) AND you got the IUI on Monday and DTD Monday night right?... so not to worry!!! Not sure if the shot is different but with the LH surge on OPK's my ND said you ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hrs... (I know crazy window right??):dohh:

Anyway - I think the way you guys planned it was perfect!!!!:hugs::kiss:

and don't you make fun of your eggs anymore... they are wonderful :hugs::kiss: because they are Dwrgi's....:hugs::kiss:

PS - wow you guys should get wonderful kharma coming back to you with those good deeds!! :thumbup:(I can't stand it when parents are clueless when it comes to watching out for their kids' safety)...

xx

(we cross-posted)

Girl! You aren't out?! :saywhat: THE most important thing is to have those :spermy: ALREADY in those tubes hangin out & waiting for the Egg-posse to come by (& you definitely have a whole posse) to get there! You'd be out if you O'd first & then got the IUI! But you had 3 full days of :spermy: injections (whether IUI or natural!) right up until the day before O right??? That's PLENTY, plenty, plenty!!! :thumbup: And SA results were great too! :thumbup: I bet the most confusion that happened was all of the fighting that went on between the :spermy: to see who gets to penetrate the eggs! :winkwink:

Don't you dare give up as you really, truly have no reason to get down!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->