TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi, hope you are all well and starting to think about Christmas?!:shock:

AFM
had a call today that blew me out of the water. Although Nt scan good there is something called PAPP-A that comes from the placenta that can be a marker if low for Downs, Edwards or Patau. Sadly mine is 0.24 normal being 1.0. This has put my risk to 1/65. After a lot of research and heartache we decided to shoulder the 1% risk of miscarriage and go for the amino test on 26th when we return from holiday. If it is not a genetic problem it can mean problems such as stillbirth, miscarriage, early birth or small baby. I'm :cry: right now as I can't believe after all the effort we get this. I'm praying that my age is what has increased the probability number and that everything is ok. There are lots of success stories out there so Imam hoping hard. Sorry for the long 'me' post!:blush:

Hi, hope you are all well and starting to think about Christamas?!:shock:

AFM
had a call today that blew me out of the water. Although Nt scan good there is something called PAPP-A that comes from the placenta that can be a marker if low for Downs, Edwards or Patau. Sadly mine is 0.24 normal being 1.0. This has put my risk to 1/65. After a lot of research and heartache we decided to shoulder the 1% risk of miscarriage and go for the amnio test on 26th when we return from holiday. If it is not a genetic problem it can mean problems such as stillbirth, miscarriage, early birth or small baby. I'm :cry: right now as I can't believe after all the effort we get this. I'm praying that my age is what has increased the probability number and that everything is ok. There are lots of success stories out there so Imam hoping hard. Sorry for the long 'me' post!:blush:

Lady H-
I am so sorry that you have just been presented with this. I do agree with your attitude though, that this is all speculation, and it could mean this and could mean that. Very wise to have the amino test done so that it can put your mind at rest, and you will know one way or another. However, I am holding out all hope for you that your baby will be okay, and, like you say, there ARE loads of success stories out there, and who is to say that your pregnancy isn't one of those? Big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you lovely, and try not to worry too much until you get the hard facts in front of you. And when you get those, hopefully they will all be alright! :thumbup: Thinking of you, Axxxxx

LadyH

Exactly as the lovely Dwrgi says... all of this is just speculation at this point. My Sis was told my Nephew was a downs baby as he had soft markers for it (his kidneys had very limited function). After much heart ache the went for an amnio at a very late stage (30ish weeks) as my Sis had to know one way or the other in order to prepare. My Sis said the amnio was uncomfortable, but not painful and she had some cramping after. The amnio showed my Nephew was not a downs baby... My Sis had a good result, so why the hell shouldn't you? At any rate, until you know the facts you can't make an informed decision. We are here for you chick x

Kis chick... it is overwhelming I know... I have been there with the 14 vials too... but all you can do is think of one step at a time. The results will provide an action plan.... the action plan will be implemented... etc etc... One day at a time x

Hope Purps is doing OK... anyone heard?

hi all just turned 40 on the 4th of Novemeber and just got the best birthday present ever a BFP for my first baby ....................... i cant believe it :))))))

Kismet my beautiful friend. I can't give you any information (you are about 5 weeks ahead of me lol) But I do know you are strong and even though it all feels over whelming at the moment you need to know what is going on, knowledge is power. Once you know what is happening, you will then know what you need to do. Hang in there honey it will all be worth it in the end XXX

Lady H, Sending you love and hugs, I hope everything turns out OK. XXX

lady h-echoing what dwrgi and pad said.thinking of u.big hug.xx

afm
have got my appt for second scan confirming what we already know tom at 8.50.have to go to the maternity unit for the epu.sos if tmi have had red blood only when i wipe and some bad cramping today.hope this question doesn't upset but did any one else have an upset tummy beforehand?it feels like my body is clearing out in readiness.any stories of 'better' experiences with misoproxol (sp?) would be much appreciated.have looked at dr google and terrified myself.just want it over.apologies if this post has upset anyone.

Kismet –

I’m sorry to hear you were very overwhelmed.... I know I felt the same when I went but trust me –you just need to take it in baby steps....(pardon the pun) Seriously I know that we are at the same clinic (but have different doctors) – and much of what he said to you –my doc also said to me... Until they do those blood tests and the HSG (dye test with xray) much of what they say is speculation according to your symptoms. I was blown away too when my doc said he thought that I may have endo.... I don’t have any symptoms for endo (except sore legs first day of period) but he says you can still have it with no pain and it really hinders fertility. I still don’t think that is my problem but I didn’t need to do the laparoscopy because we went straight to IVF... (our other factors was my slightly elevated angrogens – which includes the excess hair but that can also be attributed to my heritage) and my DH had 36% motility (compared to 50% on past tests elsewhere)... so we went for IVF with ICSI mainly because of my age and I’m sick/tired after trying for 10 yrs with no explanation) I also had to do the 14-17 vials of blood a few times over the past few years and many of us have ... so don’t take it personally –that is just routine and frankly I’m glad the more they test!!
I know you say you’ve only been trying for a few months.... but it’s good to know that if you aren’t ready to go further now –you know you can look into possibilities / what the problems might be. Don’t worry too much about the HSG tubes test – they will give you painkiller for it and you’ll be ok...

Just take it one step at a time.....:hugs::thumbup:

Hi, hope you are all well and starting to think about Christamas?!:shock:

AFM
had a call today that blew me out of the water. Although Nt scan good there is something called PAPP-A that comes from the placenta that can be a marker if low for Downs, Edwards or Patau. Sadly mine is 0.24 normal being 1.0. This has put my risk to 1/65. After a lot of research and heartache we decided to shoulder the 1% risk of miscarriage and go for the amino test on 26th when we return from holiday. If it is not a genetic problem it can mean problems such as stillbirth, miscarriage, early birth or small baby. I'm :cry: right now as I can't believe after all the effort we get this. I'm praying that my age is what has increased the probability number and that everything is ok. There are lots of success stories out there so Imam hoping hard. Sorry for the long 'me' post!:blush:

oh I'm sorry to hear about your scare.... I really hope the lab is wrong and that your bean is a fighter and will prove it when you do your amnio.... I think your holiday is just what you need right now (and so does little bean)... Praying that all goes well.....:hugs::hugs::hugs:

afm
have got my appt for second scan confirming what we already know tom at 8.50.have to go to the maternity unit for the epu.sos if tmi have had red blood only when i wipe and some bad cramping today.hope this question doesn't upset but did any one else have an upset tummy beforehand?it feels like my body is clearing out in readiness.any stories of 'better' experiences with misoproxol (sp?) would be much appreciated.have looked at dr google and terrified myself.just want it over.apologies if this post has upset anyone.

Nessaw - I wish I could advise on this... but all i can do is send you huge :hugs::hugs::hugs: for what you are going through now...

is anyone else having problems with BnB being slow today??? it's driving me mad!:wacko:

Mirium - you go girl!! :thumbup:so proud of you with losing weight and going to gym....

Pebble - please don't work too hard! It would be nice if we could work with :wine:in hand

La Bergere - Hello!!:flower:

Chicken - hope you're ok hun!:hugs:

Lils - you ok today? -:hugs::kiss: I hope damn witch didn't get you...:nope:. How did your meeting go?

Purps - sending you baby-arrive-soon vibes!!:hugs::hugs::kiss:

Dwrgi -hope you are feeling better today?:hugs::kiss:

AFM - today is my last day off - go back to work tomorrow. Last night felt some twinges (like split second sharp needles) and today too and bbs quite sore ...but probably the drugs on I'm (estrace and progesterone) Would be wonderful if embies were getting snugly right now as the next day or two are critical. Drove MIL home today. I am glad I just have to go back for 1 day and then the weekend -not looking forward to a gazillion emails but oh well! Getting some anxiety when I think about testing end of next week -I really really don't want to!

Hugs and loves to all!!:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

hi all just turned 40 on the 4th of Novemeber and just got the best birthday present ever a BFP for my first baby ....................... i cant believe it :))))))

Congrats but please read stickies before posting :flower: This one in particular

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...cements-within-trying-conceive-over-35-a.html

Ness-I wish I could say something that will help, but I have no experience in this. Just hope that it's not as bad as you fear and that it will all be over very, very soon. Big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to you, lovely lady, Axxxxx

Aww Ness. I really hope that the scan tomorrow reveals good news not what you fear... however, if the worst is confirmed then I am afraid I have never used meds. Mine have either been natural, D&C or ERPC.

Remember there are other options to meds. IF the worst is confirmed make sure they discuss all the options with you and you can chose the one best for you. x

Regardless.... we will all be thinking of you and waiting for you back here xx

Ness have they given you the drugs already? If not then I don't think they will give them to you if you have red spotting already, likely this will happen on its own :flower::hugs::hugs::hugs: And yes, all ends were affected for mine :nope:

butterfly-no presumed they would after scan.will they rwally not give them?was really hoping to get back to work and 'normal' next mon.

butterfly-no presumed they would after scan.will they rwally not give them?was really hoping to get back to work and 'normal' next mon.

nessaw I don't know for sure but I would think that they would only give you the drugs if things weren't happening on their own. They may well give you the choice but if you are spotting already I feel you may not need them. But obv I am not a doc so I could be completely wrong (it has been known :wacko::haha:) :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->