TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Oh ladies. It seems everyone is having a rough time at the moment. Just try to keep positive, we'll get there.
:hug:
Send the good vibes round the web, and start thinking about festive cheer.

Dashka - I am so sorry :cry:. I was really hoping that this was your time after so long! Big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you!! Try to pamper yourself right now.

Lots and lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: and :wine::wine::wine::wine::wine: - and :cake: for those that can't!

I have a GOOD feeling about 2013, it's going to be our year, ladies!!

C xx

Okay, all. I'm over yesterday's sadness. I have a bad (or good?) habit of crying about this, and then laughing shortly thereafter! Is that odd, or :wacko: ?

luvmydoggies- What you felt at Big Bear is exactly what I felt yesterday. Sorry if I was a momentary downer! ;) P.S. I have 9 dogs (all rescues). Is that overcompensating!? :)

Kismet- I agree. I remind myself that my friend's comments are well meaning, they just don't help... at all.

Mirium and Butterfly67- My RE didn't say pre-menopausal. My FSH was 16 or something, and my AMH was low. I can't specifically remember the AMH number, I believe it was 0.8. How bad are these? Doc said I'm looking at donor eggs in 6 months.

Dashka- I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

Dwrgi- Thanks for the explanation of Natural IVF.

Lilsluz- Thanks for the empathy. I feel for every one of you going through this heartbreaking ordeal.

moondust- Cool! I started off pumping gas at an FBO. I love my job. Even though this career kept us from trying to have kids for so many years, and now my eggs are old! What was I thinking? I always figured since I had a cycle that went like clockwork, that I'd have no problem having kids. What an idiot. Someone needs to do a better job in educating women on age and fertility. I don't blame anyone, of course, I just had no idea that a normal cycle didn't mean diddly.

pbl_ge- LOL!

Thanks, Ladies. I've recovered!

Hi Nessaw- Would love to catch up with you also! :hugs:

Hi Dwrgi- I'm soooo very sorry about af. I hate that b*tch, I mean :witch:
Looks like I missed what you had going on this weekend. Is it hard cider? Like what we have here? It's alcoholic and off the draft. What kind of yummy treats did you have? I second what lilsluz said. You are all those things she said. I also can't wait until you get your BFP.:hugs::hugs::flower::flower:

Hi Lilsluz- Thank you for welcoming me back! Very kind of you! It has been a really long time. I want to also thank you for your encouraging words on my weight loss, my doctors still think I need to lose more, so I am trying. Would love to get a sticky bean! That would be the greatest blessing ever! I wish all of us a sticky bean/beans!:hugs::hugs: Will def. be posting and letting you all know about the IUI. I am very nervous about this because I have never had a fertility treatment before, so I'm just trying to take it day by day. No prob. about the IVF info. I feel the same way as you- I will believe it when I see it. I'm just glad they are at least talking about it. About my lumpectomy..I was at my yearly pap....I had felt something a few weeks before my appt. Then, I thought maybe, I didn't feel something. Anyway, January 2012 at my ob/gyn appt. he felt exactly what I feel. A fairly large lump in my left breast. I had a biopsy that same week and it came back as inconclusive. Long story short, I went to an amazing doctor who told me that removing it would be the best decision. So February, I had surgery, it was the size of an egg and after many weeks, finally got confirmation that is was 100% benign. I'm so sorry to hear about your eye. I wish you a speedy recovery!!!:hugs::hugs:

Hi Purple- Congrats on having your baby! :hugs:

Hi Butterfly- I hope that we can get on with the treatment soon! How are you doing?:flower:

Hi Dashka- Thank you! I was really relieved that everything was healing nicely! I am soooo sorry to hear about your pg. test. I'm sorry you are very upset, I wish there was something I could do. Sending big :hug:

hello pbl_ge- I know..my name is too long! you can call me luv, that's what most people call me. I wish I would have thought of that one :flower: yes, I will def keep updating! Totally agree...this country is odd. I just really hope they pass that bill- it would be so helpful.:flower:

Chicken- Hope the appts. for your dh can get all sorted.:flower: My dh is the same way...a little bit too relaxed.

Flyflorida-:plane: You absolutely were not a downer! I just wanted to let you know that I break down a lot lately. Going through TTC is so hard. I have three dogs. 13 yr cocker spaniel, 6 yr cocker spaniel and a rescue...4 yr American Eskimo and one of the sweetest dogs ever! 9 dogs is fantastic! I sometimes prefer animals instead of humans! Animals are much nicer!

HELLO- Moon,kismet,sorry about af, Maddy, GL with you IUI, wishing you a BFP. BF, Kiwi, Mirium

Hope I didn't forget anyone! Have a great rest of the weekend! May we all get our BFP's very soon!

my English friends! there is a british shop in one of my drs. buildings and I'm addicted to this candy called crunchie, builders tea. I also bought a mug for my tea with historical buildings that are in England! luv it

Good Night,
Luv

Firstly.. I just want to say... if my posting here now upsets anyone.. please let me know and I will silently stalk and I really really won't be offended. Or if you want me to stop posting for a while.. I will... and I won't be offended at all... it is just I can't leave you all completely alone.. I can't cope without my fix of you all xxxxx

Dash... my mouth is hanging open and I can't stop crying... No! No! No! Sweet heart I only know what I felt when my DE didn't work... complete shock and numbness. And to have a poorly Daughter at the same time... it is all too much xxxx

Butterfly I am so pleased you have a plan! How exciting! If I can help in any way just shout chick xx

Lils this is me having a stern talking to your ovaries! LILS OVARIES PLEASE BEHAVE AND STOP MESSING ABOUT! How was that?

Dwrgi I have a Welsh friend who has been on tour in Africa (she is HM Forces) coming to stay with me in Dec! I need to some Welsh phrases to impress her with ... it will cheer her up as she has had a rough time lately... plus have briefed Blaze to provide many cuddles x

Luv all you can do is steel yourself chick. It is frikkin hard... you did the right thing ... leave .. compose yourself and then put the mask back on.. yep Crunchies are a Brit chocolate... and are YUM!!!

Fly my Hubby is in the Forces and I can completely identify with what you say. Post tour everyone gets up the duff and pops them out like peas from a pod.... except me. And then all we get is yet another tour... and another... it is so hard. Having said that and I think you would agree I would not change my Hubby or his chosen career.. even when the times are the blackest. What can you do? Just take the supplements... I was on 5mg folic acid, pregnacare, vit D, Omega 3 and try an time things as best you can x

Mad good luck with IUI!

My gorgeous Tiger... yes 2013 will be the year for all the TTC 35+ crew!

Hey Chicken, Owl, Moon, Pbl, Mirium, Kiwi, Kis and all my other gorgeous ladies xx

Hey luv, we have a saying her 'Thank Crunchie it's Friday!' - well the advertising gurus did a good job with that one and it has kind of stuck! :haha: I love a good crunchie :munch:

Pad, I for one love you posting here. Your story is an inspiration and you have gone through so much so it is only fair and right to hear of the success stories after much heartache :hugs::hugs::kiss:

Fly, all I can say is that I have seen ladies get pg with worse numbers than that so keep going hon xx

Kismet, wallow all you like chick, sometimes we need it :hug:

Pad - you have toiled and earned your stay... :). Your story is nothing short of inspiring!

Hi ladies, just wanted to stop by with super big hugs for you all and see how you all are!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ps, I was talking to a midwife the other day and we were talking about "being too old" for having babies......she said she has a patient who is pregnant right now, and who is 46 and having a completely normal pregnancy. I just thought I'd throw that out there. Xxxxxx

Purps, you're a saint for reminding us that it CAN still happen! Lovely to see you posting again, we've missed you (very selfishly! :flower::flower::flower:).

Luv-also lovely to see your posts too!!! Now, stay around this time, okay, Trouble????!!!! Great news on the weight loss! How did you manage it? Not by stuffing your face with Crunchies, I'm sure! Incidentally, I have a recipe somewhere for honeycomb, and it's essentially bicarbonate of soda with golden syrup and sugar, I believe! Wait, here's a recipe WITH choc mousse (if you were having a diet off day!).

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3953/milk-chocolate-mousse-with-honeycomb

Good luck with the IUI and those dogs of yours sound gorgeous! Big :hugs::hugs: and welcome back!

Pad-I am more than happy to oblige!

Shwmae! (Shoo-my): 'Hello' informally.
Ti ishe paned o de? (Tee ish-eh pan-ed o de (sounds like dare without the r): Do you want a cup of tea?
Beth am peint o seidr? (Be-th am (like ham without the h) paint o say-dr?): What about a pint of cider? :)haha::haha::haha::haha:).
Dere ma am cwtch! (De (dare without the r again)-reh ma am (ham without the h again) coo-t-ch!): Come here for a cuddle!

Just a few to get started with! Good luck! :thumbup::thumbup:

Love to everybody! :hugs::hugs:

hi ladies....
I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your support..:hugs:. it really means so much and don't know what I'd do without you.

I'm so exhausted from crying - guess I better increase my water intake as it's all going to the tissues :cry:

I will probably keep to my journal for the next little while but will lurk on here as well....

Sending everyone lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

oh dash honey, I'm so, so sorry :cry: I'm heartbroken for you. Huge massive hugs. :hugs::hugs: Take good care of yourself and allow yourself to cry and grieve as long as you need to. We're here for you. :hugs::kiss:

:hugs: Dash. :cry: So sorry......

Question for me:
I just scheduled my HSG for one week from today (a Monday). Some of you may recall that I have a hunch bad things will be found (if the evidence provided by an ectopic can be called a hunch). The test will be done by a radiologist separate from my normal doctor, and I just found out that my normal doctor won't be able to see me until that Friday. For those of you who have had this done, will I hear any results on the day of? Do they tell you anything at all, or will I have to wait those whole four days to find out what the results were?

hi ladies....
I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your support..:hugs:. it really means so much and don't know what I'd do without you.

I'm so exhausted from crying - guess I better increase my water intake as it's all going to the tissues :cry:

I will probably keep to my journal for the next little while but will lurk on here as well....

Sending everyone lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry to hear that you got a bfn, i wanted to send you some hugs. I dont know if your able to do another cycle of IVF, but i did want to say that a lot of times the first cycle does not work because your so stressed about the procedure, the second time your much more relaxed and for a lot of women, it works. I know my first IUI did not work, i was so wound up about what was going to happen, every IUI after that did work, i think because i was not so afraid of what they were going to do. I feel so bad for you ladies, i just hope that one day you can all find peace and happiness again. :hugs:

Hi dash.have been thinking of u.take all the time you need.look after yourself.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->