TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

nessaw and moon - hope you are doing ok.

kiwi - fingers crossed for you

maddy - good luck with IUI :thumbup:

OMM - :hi: "neighbor"! :hugs: I also live in Chicago

lils - oh man, stitches in you eyeballs??? :saywhat: Holy cow, that's tough. thankfully you don't need your eyes for :sex: :haha:

dash - how are you doing honey? :hugs:

drh - you ok?

Hi and :hugs: to pebble, dwrgi, mirium, laberge, kismet, purps, ladyh and rybody else I've missed.

afm, I seem to have one of my mini cycles again. I had a very short period and I'm only on cd5 and had o-pains yesterday. So I took two opks this morning and both were positive :wacko: I'll have a :wine: on that :haha:

Hope you all have a good weekend! :dance:

:hi: Hey good to see a fellow Chicagoian lol.

AFM – I’m getting eye surgery 11/27. It’s right at the beginning of my fertile period, so hoping I’ll be fine by that wknd :shrug:. I have something that’s distorting my vision – like seeing through a dirty window with a big mud splat on it. So, they have to cut into my eye, suck out the vitreous gel (that has blood splat in it) & fill it back up with some kind of gas or oil.:shock: I said it BETTER BE PREMIUM!!! :haha: None of that low-grade stuff for me! And if they charge me more than 3.70/gallon, I’ll report them for price gouging! :haha: Actually it’s a silicone gas or oil. Then they have to put stitches in my eyeball :saywhat::shock::sick: They better give me some GOOD painkillers is all I can say. :nope:

So, I wanted to get all this done ASAP because I can’t do it if pregs and my 30’s have been plagued with surgeries (13 of them), so I figure before I turn 40 in January, I want to get this one last surgery out of the way so that my 40’s will start off healthy & happy. I’m the only one here that can’t wait until they are 40! :thumbup:

TGIF!
:dust: to those in 2WW!
:wine: & :beer: to those not!
& :hugs: for those who don’t need :dust:, but can’t drink :wine:

:sick: Ugh dang your giving me the willies just thinking about your eye surgery!!!! I can handle any kind of surgery except for the eyes, eeeeeeek

Hey luvvie, great to see you and that you are making good progress :happydance::happydance: Fingers crossed the show gets on the road really quickly now :hugs::hugs:

kiwi, sorry your IVF got trashed but yes, fingers crossed now the follies have been stimulated you get a BD :baby:

Lils OMG eye surgery but good you are getting it fixed and yes I think :wine: is required :haha:

Pad. yay for heartbeat :happydance: and fingers crossed for :pink: on Monday :hugs:

Sorry quick post as my dinner is nearly ready!

AFM
Am going to do IVF with donor egg in 2013 :happydance: - more in my journal...

Kismet – Sorry AF arrived hun.....:hugs: did you find out about the no-drinking water thing for 12 hrs?

La Bergere – Sorry about AF hun.... :hugs: Be good to yourself...

Nessaw – hope going back to school wasn’t too horrible....:hugs: Yay for the white wine positive tonight!!:thumbup::hugs:

Maddy – yay re: IUI coming up!!! :thumbup:Good luck!! :hugs: What meds do they have you on?

Butterfly – need to check your journal.... so exciting you changed the name of it!! and that you are doing ED in 2013!!:thumbup::hugs::kiss:

LuvMyDoggies – so glad your 6month check up went well! :thumbup: Congrats on your 60 lbs weight loss! WOW!!!:thumbup: Very exciting about your IUI with meds....coming up.... glad you got all those tests done.... Good luck!:hugs:

Lils – thanks hun re: progesterone spotting note....:hugs: I really hope it’s that –It seems to have stopped now –just a little smudge on pad now and then but still nothing when I wipe... I am just fearing that progesterone is holding back AF from coming... OMG every time I read your eye surgery description it makes me shiver....:wacko: (I know I read on FB already) but I still can’t believe that medical science can do this kind of stuff! You will be fine I know it :thumbup:–and you are going to have a FABulous 40th b-day – and it will be free of surgeries from there on in!!!:happydance::hugs::hugs::kiss:

Pebble, Moon, Mirium - hi ladies and hope you're ok....:hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - so sorry AF showed her ugly face hun.... I hope you are doing ok....need to check your journal.:hugs::hugs::kiss:

Owl – sorry about the mini-cycles hun....:hugs::nope: Can't remember if someone already recommended or if you've tried...have you tried taking Vitex/Chastetree or B-Complex? Both are supposed to be good for evening out cycles. Also do you take a lot of Omega 3 fish oil? it also helps too... Good luck hun:hugs:

OnMyMind – thanks hun... only time will tell! hope you are well...:hugs:

Kiwi – so sorry hun that your IVF got cancelled....:nope:That is horrible.... Hopefully you will still be fine though as you only need 1 good eggie! :thumbup: if you do decide to go for another try – just a suggestion -perhaps request the longer protocol as I hear it can give your ovaries a chance to produce more.... Also if you are taking Lupron –it keeps your body from ovulating and they control at what time they do the ER so the follicles can keep growing.... Did they have you on anything to prevent ovulation from coming? Have everything crossed for you this cycle though!!!:thumbup::hugs:

Pad –
yay for the strong HB!!!:thumbup: And you find out sex on Monday?? :happydance:Wow I thought you had to wait til 19/20 weeks for that? Good luck with scan hun!!!:thumbup: Padette show us your stuff!! Ok that sounds kind of weird....:blush:

AFM - the spotting is almost gone -so may be the prog suppositories.... I don't know I'll find out soon though.... Really getting scared but tonight or tomorrow morning I'll find out.... Today is 15 days post ER... yikes can't believe I waited that long:dohh:. I am home today cause AD had a fever and vomiting all night so I got max 2-3 hrs sleep - So tired and still have tons of snot (TMI) coming out of my nose but slowly getting a bit better ...... I usually have to get up to pee at 4:30am so I'll be getting up quite early to test tomorrow if I wait that long.... Sooooo nervous.....:wacko:

Butterfly-am loving ur ticker.

Dashka-am hoping and wishing and keeping everythingg crossed for tom.

Much love to all xx

I have not been on here in a couple of months. I had to take a mental break.

Here's to hoping some of you have gotten your BFPs since then.

I just need a sounding board today. I am a military pilot, My husband and I have been stationed and deployed apart quite a bit, which put a hamper on having kids. Now that we're in the same place, we have been unable to have a child of our own (since 2009). Meanwhile, the wives of the guys in our squadron have been having babies and getting pregnant like it's going out of style. The husbands talk about it at work, and I do my best to be excited for them. Today, right after the guys with PG wives were talking about their babies' due dates, AF made her presence known, and right after that I rec'd a text from a close friend that knows our situation. It was an announcement that they were expecting another child in June. I cried half the way home. I don't feel sorry for myself. At least i feel like I don't. I feel like I know better than that, and that God has blessed me in so many other ways that I can't allow myself to "feel sorry." There's a difference between feeling sorry and feeling sad, right? I have chosen to not do IVF because it doesn't sit right with me. My RE will not implant any embryo that has genetic defects. They will destroy those embryos. I would feel responsible, so I am waiting on God's will. Meanwhile, I am losing hope and beginning to feel that I no longer want to even try. My RE stated that based on my FSH and AMH numbers, that I might be looking at donor eggs in 6 months (when I turn 39). Does anyone else feel this same way?

A dear friend in CA who is 45, and got pregnant her second month trying at age 42, keeps telling me and texting me overly positive things like, "don't give up!" "keep trying" "you could adopt" "it doesn't matter if the baby isn't yours and your husband's" I feel bad stating this, but I get frustrated when she says these things because she already has a baby that's half her and her husband. I would definitely be willing to adopt, and have looked into it, but it's anywhere from $35K-$55K, and my husband really wants to have a child of our own first. Plus, there are so many adoption agencies that I am overwhelmed. My heart would have loved a child that was my husband's and mine. I feel a giant loss, and wish that God would help our hearts if it's not His will for us to have a child.

I have not been on here in a couple of months. I had to take a mental break.

Here's to hoping some of you have gotten your BFPs since then.

I just need a sounding board today. I am a military pilot, My husband and I have been stationed and deployed apart quite a bit, which put a hamper on having kids. Now that we're in the same place, we have been unable to have a child of our own (since 2009). Meanwhile, the wives of the guys in our squadron have been having babies and getting pregnant like it's going out of style. The husbands talk about it at work, and I do my best to be excited for them. Today, right after the guys with PG wives were talking about their babies' due dates, AF made her presence known, and right after that I rec'd a text from a close friend that knows our situation. It was an announcement that they were expecting another child in June. I cried half the way home. I don't feel sorry for myself. At least i feel like I don't. I feel like I know better than that, and that God has blessed me in so many other ways that I can't allow myself to "feel sorry." There's a difference between feeling sorry and feeling sad, right? I have chosen to not do IVF because it doesn't sit right with me. My RE will not implant any embryo that has genetic defects. They will destroy those embryos. I would feel responsible, so I am waiting on God's will. Meanwhile, I am losing hope and beginning to feel that I no longer want to even try. My RE stated that based on my FSH and AMH numbers, that I might be looking at donor eggs in 6 months (when I turn 39). Does anyone else feel this same way?

A dear friend in CA who is 45, and got pregnant her second month trying at age 42, keeps telling me and texting me overly positive things like, "don't give up!" "keep trying" "you could adopt" "it doesn't matter if the baby isn't yours and your husband's" I feel bad stating this, but I get frustrated when she says these things because she already has a baby that's half her and her husband. I would definitely be willing to adopt, and have looked into it, but it's anywhere from $35K-$55K, and my husband really wants to have a child of our own first. Plus, there are so many adoption agencies that I am overwhelmed. My heart would have loved a child that was my husband's and mine. I feel a giant loss, and wish that God would help our hearts if it's not His will for us to have a child.

Hi FlyFlorida! First of all thanking you and your husband and everyone who is in our military. We are and can be safe because of you!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I completely understand where you are coming from! People who have never faced infertility don't know what they are talking about. When people find out that my husband and I have been married for 8 years and don't have children....all seem to have advice for me. Friends and family say the rudest things.
I have realized that when I tell them our struggle with infertility, they want to fix it by saying...why don't you adopt? Why don't you become a foster parent? This always comes from women that have children. What they don't understand is....I'm not telling them because I want them to have a solution for me, I just need them to listen. It's happened so many times, that I don't talk about with my friends and family that have kids.

I find out all the time..so and so are pregnant...having their second...third
I always wonder when is it my turn?

My husband and I go to Big Bear every year for a VW car show and party with all our friends that we have met through him being a VW car enthusiast
This year when we went (3rd year in a row) One of the couples that we know brought their 3 week old baby. A big group of us were hanging out inside the resort. I was doing very well...until baby starting crying and her mommy picked her up to soothe her. I looked at my husband and he just knew...I politely excused myself..went up to our hotel room and started crying. I took a xanax..drank some water...took deep breathes until I could compose myself and return to hanging out with our group.

That is why I come here! my spirits are always lifted when I read/post in here!:flower:

Fly Florida - We know all too well how you feel! I don't think that there's anyway to tell for sure if one needs donor eggs just because they're close to 40. There's lots of women over 40 who have babies. There's a thread that I look at sometimes and alot of the women over 40 who kept trying got pregnant and had babies, alot - naturally. I am turning 39 in approx. 3 months and I will just keep trying. I am not thinking about donor eggs right now. All the best and :hugs: and :hugs:!!

Kismet - Big :hugs: and :hugs: to you too!!

Hi how are you all!!!

Love and hugs!!!

Pad congrats go pink!!!!!!!
Butterfly can't wait for u to start the next step!!!!

Welcome fly florida!!!!Woo hoo!!! Military pilot what an amazing job

Dwrgi so please your cider and ness is white wine. Positive. I love wine!
Kiwi good to cancel ivf if the follies are all different. Much better! Good luck!!!! They reckon sex at midnIght no pee after wards with a big "o" wink wink!!
Dash your nos is up! Bfp bfp!!!!

Lils omg a vitreous haemorrhage. I am so pleased you are seeing someone good! I'm sending you get better vibes! Look after your self

Hi ladies - sorry for selfish post.... AD woke me up at 2:30 so had to pee early....

bad news - :bfn::bfn: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Used a CB digi and an internet cheapie... Now I have to still get blood test tomorrow to confirm what I already now.

I haven't stopped crying for the last hour - it's over.....:cry:

I wish everyone some BFP luck soon and thank you all for your support - you are all amazing women....and truly deserve it.:hugs::hugs:

Some big :hug: needed all round I think

FlyFlorida, firstly welcome back and sorry that you are feeling so low :hugs: I think our eggs all expire at different times but I would say that unless your doc has told you that you are peri-menopausal that you must still have a chance. If you do not want to do IVF then can you try IUI or there is something called natural IVF - tbh I don't know much about it but maybe it stops there being any spare embies - sorry a bit vague :hugs::hugs:

kismet big :hug: to you too

Mirium hope you are OK :hugs::hugs:

dashka, biggest :hug: - I've posted in your journal :cry:

Massive :hug: to everyone else who needs it :cry:

Natural IVF is when they give you minimal stimms, so that they can 'harvest' only one or two follicles for egg collection. The thinking is that the less the stimming, the more naturally developed the egg will be, so better quality, but this isn't necessarily the case. They will start the stimms, and the lowest dose they can give, around about day 7-8 and observe closely from there. In reality, from what I have read, the stats for success aren't that high, and women tend to go on to do 'normal' IVF.

Don't know if that helped?:shrug:

Big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Dash, am thinking of you, xxxxx:kiss:

:cry::cry::cry: Dashka I posted in your journal, but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you! :hugs::hugs::hugs: Why can't some of us ever get a f**king break?!?! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: Seriously?

Sending big, warm, cozy, sunny Florida hugs up to you Dashka. I'm just so sorry honey, your news made me cry too... :sad2:. There just aren't many words to say except you do whatever the F you want to over the next few days & if you can't make the friends dinner thing tonight, don't do it. If it helps you to take your mind off of things, then go for it. :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss::flow::flow::flow:

:hug:

Big :hug: to Fly, Kismet, Luv & Mirium for having a rough time going thru this sh**

DrH - you are so smart, chick, that's exactly what it is - vitreous hemorrhage! Hope you are doing well & those hours are getting LESS young lady :trouble:

I'll post more later...

Oh, Dash -- :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry: :hugs: :cry:
I’m so sorry. How terrible!!! And you and AD are sick on top of everything else! I don’t really have words for you, but I’m hope you’re taking good care of yourself. I shed some tears for you, too—we’re all really, really hoping and praying for you!

Lots of hugs to those who got AF – Maddy, La Berg, Kismet, Dwrgi, and probably more. Gosh, this thread is a grim place these days, isn’t it? We need some good news!

La Berg –I checked out your chart and wondered if maybe your O wasn’t pinpointed correctly. Looked like maybe you o’ed the 1st? :shrug: I agree with Dwrgi about drinking while TTC, before BFP. I mean, you don’t want to go crazy, but as I’ve seen other ladies say, “Drink until it’s pink!”

Nessaw, :thumbup: for getting back to work! Hope it went okay.

Butterfly, how exciting to think about DE! Dumb question: do you “shop” for the ova donors the same way one does for sperm donors? How wonderful that your old OH is on board!!!! :happydance:

:hi: luvmydoggies (That one’s gotta get shortened!) Oof—sounds like quite a round of tests! Keep us posted on the results, but sounds like so far, so good! :thumbup: And thanks for the IVF bill update. Didn’t know about that one! Interesting that that’s happening at the same time as the personhood bills that would have some unknown, highly negative effect on IVF practice. This country is odd. And congrats on the weight loss!!!! :shock: That’s amazing!

Moon, I hear you on the break-outs—my skin has been terrible ever since the mc started. I’m hoping that once AF shows up, I’ll be back to normal. Very annoying. Will you be TTCing this next cycle??

Sheesh, Kiwi—more hugs your way. :hugs: Maybe you’ll get lucky with well-timed BD!

And, Lils, you are just not having a good couple of months, are you? I’ve heard eye surgery sounds painful and terrifying, but it’s not as bad as one might think because there aren’t many pain receptors. :shrug: Good luck to you on all that!!!!

Owl, O on CD5?? :saywhat: That IS a short cycle!!!! OMG. Good luck!

:hi: Fly! I don’t have any advice for you, but I hope you can find a path that brings you joy and peace. Have you thought about the foster to adopting programs?

DrH and Pad -- :thumbup: :happydance:!!!!

AFM, I’m expecting AF any second now, and I’m super excited! I have a bottle of champagne that I bought for election night, but I couldn’t stay up late enough to find out if I should open it or not (note—trying to be coy about which “team” I supported, so I don’t offend anyone :winkwink: ). So, the bottle's new purpose will be to celebrate the end of this crap. I also have to share that I don’t like my chart—I’m back to my old LP with lots of spotting and a temp crash before AF. I’ve never gotten those progesterone tests, so I still don’t know if I’m low or not. I haven’t been taking the B complex during all this, so maybe restarting that will help. Here’s my chart if anyone wants to weigh in. Any expert advice for me?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3da656/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hope everyone is doing okay. We’re really on a bad string these days, aren’t we????

Hi Ladies
I agree this treat is having a really hard time at the moment lets hope next month is much better for all of us.

Special hugs for Dash (I have posted in your journal honey but thinking of you) and all the ladies that are having a hard time at the moment.

I'm doing a little happy dance for Pad and DrH, come on girls keep up the hard work, I'm sending you both love and hugs and lots of positive vibes.

AFM I'm not to bad at the moment just sitting round waiting for DH appointment he has't been able to get an appointment that fits in with his teaching until a week on Wednesday and then that is just to fill in the paper work to go and get the tests so we don't know how long it is all going to take. I got really upset about it the other night and he told me off for getting myself upset as he says it doesn't help. He is very chilled about everything. But will keep you all informed. Take care all. XXX

Dash - I am so, so sorry, and so heartbroken for you. I wish we could give you a collective hug and some comfort.

Fly - Big hug for you - we all understand where you are coming from. Will write more later, but just wanted to say that you should be so proud of being a military pilot - it took a lot of hard work and dedication to get to that absolutely amazing job. I'm a private pilot and can only dream of flying those military planes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->