TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Nessa, glad the applesauce worked. Crushed up pills must be horrible!

Kismet, sorry about your mom & family situation.

Twiggers, how did the lecture go?

Owl, good luck with the shots!

Pebble, I will stick around. I am hoping for a bunch of BFPs from all of you. You can all have babies older than mine. I am thinking of taking off February and March. That way, so long as I go full-term, my niece or nephew will be at least four months older than my LO and my mom won't be running back and forth with two daughters who have just had babies. I can be there for my sister now while she is still in the first trimester. Of course, I don't expect it will happen for me in April, so they might be more than four months apart too, but even if I get pregnant on the next try, there will at least be a little bit of a break but they will still be close in age.

Also, I did tell my donor about taking two months off, so I guess it's a done deal. He's supportive about it. I feel good about the decision.

Mornin' ladies,

hope everyone is doing well. Just a quick one this AM. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo tired, and I'm drinking my tea, so I'm hoping after a response here I'll be awake enough to do actual work!

Kismet, sorry about your mom. :hugs: I know how hard that is. My parents just decided to move into a CCRC (do you have that model in Canada, too?), and I think it's for the best, although it seems a bit soon. It is nice to not have to worry about caretaking with them. Like you, I don't adore them. Well, my mom is fabulous, but my dad is a lifelong jerk. I have never had any intention of caretaking him. It's very impressive that you're willing to consider it, despite that history! :thumbup: I also see that you’re still waiting on AF. I’ll keep my FX for you!!!! :dust:

Emily, sorry that you’re on a break. Two months does sound totally reasonable. I’m not sure how many supps you’re doing, but you could consider the opportunity to start Lil’s 3 month egg improvement challenge. You may or may not need it, but since you have the time, why not? Glad you’re sticking around!

Ness, hope the applesauce is still doing its trick. I hate swallowing pills, too, although I confess I’ve gotten much better at it in recent months. Are the clomid pills huge? Hope this is your month!!!

Owl, soooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!! It’s great that DH is doing his research on injections. I’m on another thread right now where the theme seems to be OHs who won’t play along. For example, they flat out refuse to get a SA, so the women can’t get any testing done, and they have no idea if it’s worth continuing to try. Anyway, my point is that I’m glad yours sounds like such a sweetie. Keep us posted on how you’re feeling! You have a whole cheerleading squad here!

The same goes for our other IVF ladies. Jenny, do you mean you’ll start the meds on the 19th, or that’s the approximate time of trigger/ retrieval? Sorry if I’m being dumb about all this. BF, what’s your status?

We need all of your dates on calendars!!!

And Maddy, have you made a decision yet? Big hugs to you! :hugs:

And big hugs to Mirium, if you’re reading. We’re thinking of you!!! Let us know your test results if you’re up to it.

Chicken, that’s great that we have your expertise around! I think you gave a shout out to social workers in your post. :yipee: Yay for social workers! But this one knows very little about caring for elders, so I’m useless.

Briar, wow for taking care of your parents! :shock: That must have been very rough. And don’t worry if you can’t keep up with us all.

Dash, sorry your back is still sore. :nope: Get lots of rest! Glad AD’s party went well. The pics were adorable!!!

AFM, AF is due today, and I fully expect her any minute now, despite the fact that FF thinks I’m got a 78% (or whatever the unit is) pregnancy signs score. If she doesn’t show today I’ll test in the morning, but I think that’s really unlikely. I have to teach today, and I’d much rather be lying in bed and watching bad movies. Anyone seen any to recommend??

OK, need to run off, although I’m sure I’m missing people. Big hugs to all, and foot rubs to all the UTD ladies. Take care of yourselves!!! :grr: :sleep:

Owl – yay – that is so great that your DH is helping with the injections… :thumbup:Mine couldn’t help as all my shots were in the morning and he gets up at 3am for work… so did them myself and got used to it –plus you can control when you are ready for it! The needles in the butt aren’t too bad (it depends on the medication though ) Also you’ll notice even when you switch sides (for wherever you are injecting) after many days it may get more sensitive (especially if they are increasing dosages)… but you can do it!!!! :thumbup: The mixing of medication into same syringe is tricky at first but you get the hang of it (I had to mix the Gonal F with Repronex)…
Hang in there!!! Have everything crossed for you!:hugs::kiss:

Pebble – OMG –your chart is looking great still for CD14 (compared to your other months) :thumbup:– I have a really good feeling about this girl…. :test: Hoping and praying for you…..:hugs::hugs:

Emily – I’m glad you are happy about your decision to take a few months break….:thumbup: Use the time to make yourself healthier and improve your eggies too!:hugs:

Kismet – did AF arrive yet?? Hope you are okay…:hugs::hugs:

Hugs and luvs to all!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

AFM – so tired today :sleep:– totally my fault –last 2 nights have gone to bed at midnight (or later) –on the computer –DUMB idea I know :dohh:before bed…. And then I wake up at 5am and can’t sleep. I have to stop doing this but you have to grab your ‘down time’ where you can you know?... except I pay for it the next day. Think we need to DTD tonight CD11 so better get to bed early:winkwink: but who the heck is in the mood???

Pebble, you SW do do a fantastic job and a hard one too. Thank you for your kind words XXX

Emily I'm sorry you feel you need to take some time off but glad you will be sticking around XXX

Dash, burning the candle at both ends you naughty girl :hugs:

Owl, I think I would find it easier for DH to do the injections too, will be thinking of you over the next couple of days :hugs:

AFM, AF is due today, and I fully expect her any minute now, despite the fact that FF thinks I’m got a 78% (or whatever the unit is) pregnancy signs score. If she doesn’t show today I’ll test in the morning, but I think that’s really unlikely. I have to teach today, and I’d much rather be lying in bed and watching bad movies. Anyone seen any to recommend??

OK, need to run off, although I’m sure I’m missing people. Big hugs to all, and foot rubs to all the UTD ladies. Take care of yourselves!!! :grr: :sleep:

I sooooooooooooooooooooo hope that she doesn't show! That's quite a high score, young lady, and I so hope that machine is correct!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Good luck with the testing, I'm keeping everything crossed for you! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Owl-just wanted to say 'Good luck' with the shots! You'll be an expert in no time. Take it each day at a time, and try and stay positive! Am rooting for you, lovely lady! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Go owl! You'll be fine, we are fx for you.

Emily maybe in next few months egg improve as recommended!!!!

Dash so great to hear the you enjoyed dd party! Hope the snow has stopped

Good luck pebble. Baby dust++++

All other lovelies hugs and wishes

Go owl! You'll be fine, we are fx for you.

Emily maybe in next few months egg improve as recommended!!!!

Dash so great to hear the you enjoyed dd party! Hope the snow has stopped

Good luck pebble. Baby dust++++

All other lovelies hugs and wishes

Dr H-read your post in Lils' journal, and I'm sorry that you've had to say 'No' to the naughty stuff (only if it is for a few days! :winkwink:), and glad that your secret is out!! Yay, go girl, and rest up!!! Big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you, :kiss::kiss:

Hey y'all. Who's having pancakes tonight? Am going old school with lemon and sugar.xx

Ness, how were those pancakes???

No news here:
Well no sign of af, so I guess I'm testing in the am. I really don't feel pg at all, but who knows? Wonder if I'll sleep?

Hi everyone, how is everyone today?

Owl, I'm wondering how the injections are going? I will be starting mine next tuesday or wednesday depending on when my cycle starts. I'm taking gonal-f and another one which I think is called certricide. I have to inject into my belly. I'm a bit nervous about it. I'm actually feeling quite sorry for myself today. I'm single, so I'm going through this alone. Doing the injections myself has brought it home to me that I really am doing this on my own.

Dashka, Thanks for the heads up about the clinic matching the price of medication. I will check it out with them but I doubt they will match the price.

Pbl_ge, thanks for checking up on how I'm doing. Yeah, as I said, I start my injections next week Tue or Wed.

I have to say ladies I'm feeling really quite crummy today. The background to me ttc as a single person, is that I was in a relationship up until December. My boyfriend and I had been talking about having a baby for almost a year, and he was always into the idea. However, when I finally said, Ok lets do this, lets try for a baby, he backed off and said he wasn't ready. It took me a couple of months to realise that I had to end the relationship and try on my own. It was very painful to break up, because we did (and still do) love each other. I've dealt with the loss of the relationship quite well until recently. Yesterday, I found out that he is been dating someone else. It's someone I know, she's pretty, blonde and only 30 years old. It has been a real blow. I feel really gutted and its knocked my confidence. I feel very alone with my pending IVF.

To top it all, my mum died about a year ago, so I've got the anniversary of her death coming up. All in all, it feels like a lot to deal with. And I'm feeling very sad. My apologies for being so down beat, I think you can relate to the up and down of this journey?

:hugs::hugs: to all of you.

Jenny I am so sorry you have these feelings... yes, I think we can all identify with what you are feeling. Sometimes it is just so overwhelming. On the other hand you are starting a whole new adventure with your decision to start IVF and I know many of the ladies who have experienced IVF have at some stage felt much as you do. I know when I decided to do DE I agonised over the decision for weeks and weeks.. so many 'what ifs', but you know what... sometimes I guess you got to just close your eyes, hope and take a leap... you never know what may happen.

I also have to have injections in my stomach every day... at first they are daunting, but you get used to them. You just have to keep thinking of the possible end result. x

Owl sending you lots of hope and sticky vibes sweety!! Grow eggies grow!!!

Pbl.... stalky stalky to see if you have tested yet... no pressure hahahha

Also... anyone in the UK doing IVF check out Asda for the drugs and they have promised to do them at cost price. That is where I got my DE drugs from and they were brilliant and far cheaper than even the online stockists.

Hey Dash... am counting down to March with you... when does it all start? Loved the piccies of DD birthday bash!

Ness how were those pancakes... I have to admit to being a traditionalist like you!

Dwrgi... how are you doing? Have you made a decision about your next steps... or still mulling it all over? x

Hey DrH... step away from those killer heels and suits!!! Pack them all away for a while! LOL

Jenny, just want to send you big hugs XXX I know it isn't the same but we are all here for you. XXX

I'm so sorry about your mum, that is a very big loss for anyone but for someone who is TTC, I cant imagine. Take Care of yourself XXX

Jenny, so sorry you're dealing with all that--:hugs: It's a lot! There are a couple of other women on this thread who have decided to go it alone, and I hope they'll chime in, too. We can ALL relate to the hard days, so feel free to vent on this thread!

I'm actually having a hard day, too. :cry: Stark white BFN and temp drop this AM, but still no AF. There's a woman on another thread who just got terrible news--she didn't ovulate, but instead has a very large cyst or tumor that requires immediate surgery and perhaps removal of her better ovary. :shock::cry: I'm now keenly aware of faint pain in the same place I had a cyst--which I thought was gone, but that was never confirmed--in the fall. I guess I'm now hoping that AF shows soon!!!

To top it off, last night I showed OH my chart and pointed out that my LP was never this long, nor had my temps ever stayed this high, excepting my BFP month. I told him there would be testing this AM, and that I was cautiously optimistic again. Somehow he managed to spend a couple of hours this AM demonstrating that he had completely forgotten about the conversation, wasn't giving a single thought to the status of my uterus, and making me wonder how much he's paying attention and/or giving a damn. And I just sang his praises yesterday! He's in the dog house, but is probably so oblivious that he doesn't even know it. :grr::grr::grr: I left the negative test on the counter in the bathroom, so he'd damn well better ask me about it when I get home or he's sleeping on the couch.

:hissy::hissy::hissy:

Sorry about the selfish post. Hope everyone else is having a better day. :dust:!!!

Jenny – I am so sorry you are feeling so down…. :hugs:It must be so hard when you still love your BF but you know that being with him would keep you away from your dream of being a mother…. If he doesn’t feel the same as you and being a mother is so important to you right now then you know you won’t regret it in future. You have to do it… I know the injections are really scary – but trust me after the first few days you will get used to it.. I have a DH but he didn’t help with any of the injections and only came to the clinic with me on ER and ET (because he gets up for work at 3:00am)… It can be very lonely for sure and having a guy around doesn’t always help as guys never really understand what you’re feeling anyway – WE DO!!!!:thumbup: So come on here and vent anytime or get advice. :hugs: I am also so sorry about the anniversary of your mom’s passing…..:cry: Sending you huge hugs and I hope that your dream is realized very soon!:hugs:

Pebble – oh hun I’m so sorry for the BFN….:nope:::hugs:it was looking so good! I’m sure the twinging you’re feeling is fine…. Don’t worry about it ok? :hugs:Also I’m sorry DH is pissing you off not being involved /caring to ask you about the testing…. It sucks :grr:I know my DH does the same thing – when we’ve argued about it before he says it’s because he doesn’t want to upset me by bringing things up – but I’ve tried to tell him that he not inquiring about stuff makes it seem like he doesn’t care! They just don’t get it!!! So sorry hun – hope you can talk to him about it and tell him you need his comments/input/and just be there to give you hugs when you need them. Sometimes they just don’t know how to handle it or react when we cry so you have to tell them “all I need from you right now is to hold me”….etc..:hugs:

Pad – wow you are still injecting yourself now? Is that with blood thinners? I hope you are feeling a bit better and the doctors are paying more attention to our Padster! :thumbup::hugs::kiss: Re: IVF – I start my IVF cycle probably in about 2 weeks (go in for baseline scan in about 2 weeks most likely)

Hello and hugs to everyone!!!!:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM – feeling much better today – got my 7 hrs sleep last night – yay! :thumbup:And also did my usual 20 min yoga this morning with my favourite insense (which I forgot about)… :cloud9:And tonight I’m going to reiki ! :happydance:My boss is away this week so that’s why I have more time to be on here!! :blush:Things will be different next week…. Got a + OPK today so think I’m ovulating on CD12 again (or tomorrow) my chart is all screwy this month –planning on DTD tonight (fingers crossed) we were going to last night -but we were both so exhausted and tonight MIL won’t be in the house!:blush::winkwink: A little pre-Valentine's day fun perhaps??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->