TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey Dash... right 2 wks time... wow not long!!! Brilliant! Hmmm... pre Valentines fun... are you going with the champagne and bath or just rose between the teeth and come and get me tiger? LOL

Yup still on blood thinners... and now cos of the embolism I will be on them for longer than expected.. aww well, a girls gotta do what she gotta do right?

Pbl... wow... I did not expect that. How many dpo are you? Bloomin blokes can be a right PITA can't they. Come and vent at us.. we understand!

Twig I am a FF dufus... hated FF, though it was good once it got to know me.

Pebble, so sorry about AF and :hissy::hissy: with your DH. They do drive you up the wall sometimes.

Dash glad you are getting more sleeo XXX:hugs:

Hey Dash... right 2 wks time... wow not long!!! Brilliant! Hmmm... pre Valentines fun... are you going with the champagne and bath or just rose between the teeth and come and get me tiger? LOL

Yup still on blood thinners... and now cos of the embolism I will be on them for longer than expected.. aww well, a girls gotta do what she gotta do right?

Oh Pad - sorry to hear that - but as long as it's keeping the little Pickle happy and well -injecting-we-will-go right!? :thumbup::hugs:

You're funny re: Valentines' ....no nothing like that happens in our house....:blush: even before AD we never did stuff like that....:shrug: Need to spice it up I know but DH is always so damn tired and now we have to keep things quiet too for AD (she's in room next to us!) We'll see -I bet when I give up the old TTC thing (which will happen if this next IVF doesn't work) - I bet he'll be wanting to DTD more often - and then I'll be :saywhat::saywhat::grr: :haha:

Well then the bath and champagne then... at least AD won't be next door hehehee!!!

I had a bath today.. wasn't romantic especially when I got stuck and couldn't get out... Hubby had to haul me out laughing his head off calling me a manatee!!

Pad I love manatees they are my Favourite animal XXX LOL You can come and 'swim' in my bath at anytime.

Awww Thanks Chicken! So long as it is big enough for me not to get stuck in it! LOL

Hi ladies, sorry I am really short of time being away at the moment but I am reading :thumbup:

Just wanted to chime in and send Jenny some :hug: - yes it is hard doing this on your own. But you have taken the biggest step by deciding to do this. I have single friends who talk about it but I'm not sure if they actually will. At the end of this you will hopefully have all that you want in a :baby: and also hopefully lots of friends that will help you out. I'm so sorry about your Mum but am sure she is watching over you hoping this goes well for you. :hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies. Big hugs to you all. Am a bit short of time due to parents eve but didn't want to read and run.

Pebble sorry about bfn.xxx

I forced down 3 pancakes. Think the hormones kicked in today. A little tired and emotional. Around about 20 buscuits helped. Last appointment @7pm tom then cruising thro to half term. Roll on 3.30 on fri!!

Much love.vx

I was just so convinced I Oed on CD14 with the posOPK and cramping. But maybe not...maybe CD16. Who knows. I just want the witch to show so that I know my cycle is doing OK.

I think you ov'd on CD 16 too - as you had several +OPKs after CD14.. in which case you wouldn't be late :thumbup:

Pad - bathroom is in our room and the other bath is on the other side of her room!:haha: Anyway you are not a manatee!!! but they are cute and I know you love them too:thumbup: I thought you couldn't have baths when Preggers?? or is that only when much closer to due date?

Ness - roll on half term!!:happydance: Does that mean you are off next week?

BF - finally found your new journal -just posted in there :flower::hugs:

Lurking! But have “just a few comments” as usual I’m going ot have to throw out there!

Ness – I think you meant grapefruit juice pre-Ov? If so, start about 1 weeks prior & drink an 8oz glass every day (can also be pink). EPO daily for that same week & mucinex (guaifenesin) 5-7 days pre-Ov. That’s right – you are taking clomid, so yes, these are the things to do to increase CM & make it more alkaline. :thumbup:

Pebble – Just stalked your chart & I'm so sorry :hugs::hugs::hugs:. I think lots of :wine: & chocolate are in order for you tonight, darlin. Or ice cream & a favorite movie. None of them make up for BFN's or AF but if it makes you feel a little better then do it. I know you felt you were out anyway, so hopefully you can kick this TTC F-er to the curb next month!!! :hugs2:

Maddy – I’m going to throw a nice wrench into the mix for you! I am more inclined ot say the not-for-profit. Yes, its 4hrs drive, but all you have to go up there for is ER, fertilization & put back right? So, can you just stay there for a few days & that will be your 1 & only trip? DH just needs to practice driving until then & you can always take over when you get to the city if necessary. Also why I am inclined to say this is because I would think they’d be more focused on results for non-monetary reasons AND from what I have heard, the 1st cycle is often a bust as they are figuring out what meds to give you, what you respond to best, tinkering & toying with your meds, levels, protocol, etc – I’d rather see you do that for $1k than for $5k. The fact of the matter if that you have ot be prepared for 3-4 cycles given the odds (hoping it only 1 of course!). And if it just totally sucks going there, then you have learned what protocol is good or bad for $1k & you can take that info. to your local one. What were success rates for this clinic vs local? (otherwise, I really liked DrH’s approach to test your reaction!) :hugs:

IVF Ladies: Maddy, Owl, Jenny, BF, Dash, we need a timeline around here! :happydance: I know Dash is starting her meds in 2 wks, BF is still up in the air & so if Owl & Jenny are a week apart, and Owl started Monday, then Jenny starts next week, then we have Dashka the next!? :wacko: LOL, lots of exciting times around here – can’t wait!!! :yipee:

Kismet – I’m sorry to hear about your mom. Sounds like Chicken & Briar know exactly what to do & that’s awesome that you have knowledgeable people to talk to. :flower::hugs: And :hugs: for the :witch: :(

Dashka – just posted in your journal. :hugs: Sorry you have 11-year anniversary of TTC this month hun. :hugs: 2013 just HAS to be your lucky year then, as 11 is both lucky & spiritual!!! And get your reiki on as much as possible – it will help you to keep calm & balanced for the festivities coming in TWO WEEKS! :happydance: :winkwink:

LadyH –
Happy 3rd Tri - :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo: You made it hun! And thakn you for being there for us too. :hugs: We’ll ALL get there – we will!

Mirium – how you doing hun? Any results yet? Sending you the hugest :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pad – yes, I was most upset at an unstalkable chart that month! :haha: So sorry to hear your latest news & just hoping “going brown” gets you to where your levels should be!

Jenny – I’m sorry. :hugs:

Ugh-oh, cut short & didn't even get to finish reading the thread. I have a Dr. appt I have to get to so :hug: all around!

Sorry, y'all, this should have been in spoilers. Still no news tho.
Just a quick comment for whomever asked: I'm 2 days late (I looked back and my LP is very consistent), and still no AF. My chart seems extremely clear for O time. I have not started any meds that should affect my cycle. If the AM comes with no AF, I'll use a FRER. If negative I will commence freak out that something is probably wrong.

Twiggers, I'm glad your cycle is good even if AF did show up.

Pebble, I never stalk charts but when LilSluz mentioned yours I checked. Sorry about the temp drop. :(

Good luck to all of the IVF ladies!

Obviously I have nothing to report on the ttc front. Did anyone see the "newborn" photos of the adopted 13-year-old boy done by his photographer mother? Apparently the set is sparking interest in adoption of older kids. I have to say that it makes me want to adopt an older kid. Well, that happens for me all the time anyway. I see so many kids who are not being treated well and I want to take them home with me permanently. Should this not work out I know I'll eventually go that route, but at my age I figure I will give this a try for a year or two first. And then someday that's probably how I'll get another! :)

Dammit Dash... you gonna have to pull out the big guns and put a rug down in front of the roaring fire chick... that is how I imagine all Canadian houses to have roaring fires lol.... and lock the lounge door!

WOW... this sex ban clearly has me repressed! Hehhee

I checked with my MW and for high risk they don't recommend it for 1st tri, but is OK now so long as it isn't a hot bath.

Pbl have you POAS this morning?

Ness.... yup roll on half term! Am sure Dwrgi feels the same lol

Lils... how on earth do you remember all that stuff???? Clearly baby brain has not got to you!

Emily I didn't see the photos... do you have a link?

Kis you are right.. onwards and upwards is the only way to go sweetie! Bloomin DHs eh... supportive as ever lol

No need to test this AM. AF came with a vengeance! I have no idea why she was so late. :hugs: to those dealing with my craziness past few days. Selfish posts will end now.

PS. Pad, I love the name!!! :happydance:

Pebble: I'm sorry AF got you. It was all looking so hopeful! :( :hugs:

Happy Valentines Day to all! :hugs: <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back