TTC #2 for 9 mo.

Yes it could still be a problem with both of us. I have read that there are several reasons that can cause you to not get pregnant after having a baby. I too will make an appt after the new year if we are not pregnant by then.

Erinsmummy - Yes, it could still be a you issue even though you had a baby before. It's amazing how common secondary fertility can be; I had no idea. First baby took one month, this one, still trying. It's weird. I think my hormones are just off balance, and until I get them straightened, it's not gonna happen for me.

I had a progesterone test today to check my levels; hopefully they're ok. Also had my first acupuncture appt last week. It was so weird, but I'm feeling pretty positive about it, so hopefully it can help "right" my system. I'm feeling good regardless if I get pg this month or not.

Angelria - At least you have some fun stuff planned too to keep you from getting too disappointed if it doesn't happen. I would love to go on another cruise. They're so much fun!!

Annabell we are taking my 17 month old with us so I hope it is not too stressful. We are going on Carnival and there is not much to do for a child that young. He can't go in the pool because he is not potty trained and too you for the daycare on board. Oh well. We will make the best of it. We have other family going too with their kids so I am sure we will have fun.
I find that I not only get excited when it is time for me to start testing, but when everyone on here starts testing also. I am on pins and needles waiting to find out if this is the month for both of you also. I hope we are able to get a beautiful Christmas gift from God this year and we all become pregnant. Baby Dust girls!

angelria im sure you will have a lovely time on the cruise :)

I had no idea after having a baby you could still have problems conceiving, that will probably be a relief for OH as he is convinced it must be him! I do hope it happens this month cos otherwise we have to see the doc after xmas and dont want it to come to that.
Ive worked out im on day25, and af is usually day26 but can be anytime between 23 and 28. Fingers crossed for us all xx

Fingers are crossed!! Erinsmummy - Any symptoms, either AF or otherwise?

I have zero symptoms so far, which is actually nice this time around. The progesterone was giving me all the pg symptoms, but falsely of course. I didn't like that. :nope: Although, I am starting to get a little bitchy at the end of the night, so that's probably my PMS starting to kick in. :haha:

No not really although ive been really moody yesterday and today so i reckon af is on its way. Ive not tested yet and not going to until im actually late. My skin usually goes quite oily when af is due though and ive not had that. Dont want to read too much into anything!
Have you tested yet annabelle?

Well im out, af is here. again! Not sure how much more of this i can take :( Well no point crying over it i suppose, just got to get on with it! Doctors next month for me and OH, really hoped it wouldnt come to it.

Oh, I'm sorry! :hugs::hugs: Hopefully the dr can give you some answers as to why it isn't happening for you. Have you been to one before? I'm just wondering what they will test and if it's similar to here.

No, I haven't tested and won't until AF is officially late, which I don't think it will be this month. I got the results of my progesterone test and I definitely ovulate, which is good. I just can't figure out why it's not happening though. I have zero symptoms except some PMS pissiness. I will test Tuesday if AF isn't here, but I highly doubt it'll come to that.

No never been to the docs about it before, so not sure what to expect really. Ive been looking it up and apparently they give tips first, not that they can give us any more tips than we already try!! Then they do bloods, and OH will have a sperm count but not sure after that! Hopefully theres nothing wrong and maybe we just arnt trying hard enough!

When I first went to the dr, they did a sperm count on DH, then a progesterone test on me at cd 21 to see if I ovulate. That's a good place to start.

:witch: got me today, as expected. Which is fine. I'm going to take a month off TTC to try some acupuncture stuff that she can't do if I'm TTC or possibly pg. But I'll still be here, lurking, and be back full force in Feb.

GL to you both and keep updating! :thumbup:

Sorry I never replied from my previous post. I ended up with AF, and onto another round of injectable meds and iui. After this moving onto ivf. Unexplained infertility is the reason. Can't get pregnant on my own and they don't know why, everything looks perfect on paper! So back to the 2ww, currently 3dpo and waitinggggggggggg!!!

How was everyone's Christmas?? Hope it was lovely. Mine was awful as I got the flu Christmas morning. Got to watch my DS open our gifts early, then was out for the count the rest of the day; I was miserable and sad that I missed all the fun with my son. :cry: Still feeling a little tired and weak from it, but getting better.

Had my HSG test done a week ago and according to the PA, my tubes look clear and the dye was running through as it should. Haven't heard officially from my dr yet though. So that's good news, but I didn't expect that to be the problem anyway. Hopefully when AF shows up in a couple weeks, we can try again and look for a late 2012 baby.

How's everyone else doing?

Sorry not been on much lately... Got my BFP today :) af was 1day late today so did a test and... i did a frer, as dark as you can get, def positive!!!

Sorry not been on much lately... Got my BFP today :) af was 1day late today so did a test and... i did a frer, as dark as you can get, def positive!!!

Oh that's fantastic news! Congrats!!!! :happydance: So glad someone got it. Did you have any symtoms that were different or try anything different this month???

:happydance::happydance:

Thank you :) Lol we hardly had sex this month! We just didnt try! Only symptom i had was feeling really sick this morning which is what made me do the test, other than that felt like i usually do! I only recognised the morning sickness from when i was preg with my daughter, just felt exactly the same. Sounds odd but when i woke up this morn i just felt pregnant! xx

Oh I am soooooo happy for you. This is excellent news and what a wonderful way to start out the new year. They always say when you relax on trying then it happens. LOL I just have a very difficult time with that. Keep us updated on how you are feeling and how things are going. Would love to keep in touch and know how your now pregnancy journey is going. I am so excited for you!

That is soo awesome! Definitely keep us updated periodically on how things are going. :happydance:

Aww thank you both! I will def pop in and let you know how its all going, and to also see if you have got your bfps yet :) Wish you both best of luck :) xx

Annabelle have you caved and tested yet? I see on your signature that you have 2 days till testing. I am only 3 DPO so I still have a couple weeks.

No testing for me this month. We weren't trying this month due to acupuncture stuff, but AF showed up full force today after several days of spotting, so I'm officially trying again! Keep me posted on your progress.

Also, I'm trying something new this month. Vitex and Maca as supplements. One controls pms symptoms and the other helps balance hormones, and I've had people tell me to try vitex to help get pg. Can't remember what else it does specifically; I think it can help with LP defects though. Hopefully I get some help from those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->