TTC #2 for 9 mo.

Yea I tried the Vitex and I didn't get any results with it. Doesn't mean that you won't though. A friend of mine swears she got pregnant on siberian ginseng extract. The only problem is you have to order it online. Good Luck. I will probably cave and test this weekend.

GL to you if you test this weekend! I was reading further and vitex seems to be great for women with irregular cycles, which is definitely not me. So I stopped taking it after 2 days b/c it can mess up perfectly normal cycles. Still taking the maca. There's so many herbs and things out there that it's hard not to go overboard and try them all! I am having massive baby fever lately and don't know why, but I'm hoping it won't be just fever for much longer. :dohh:

How're things Angelria?

I'm 3dpo now and feeling pretty good. I think the maca is helping my energy, moods and hopefully my hormones. I O'd right on day 14 this month, so maybe it's regulating my cycle a bit. Got my fingers crossed this month!!

Hi girls! Hope you dont mind me popping in! Just thought id see how things are going for you both?

Hi girls! Hope you dont mind me popping in! Just thought id see how things are going for you both?

Hi!! How's pregnancy treating you?

I'm doing pretty good. Started a pill called Maca root 2-3 weeks ago. It's supposed to be good helping naturally balance hormones, rather than using progesterone etc and so far I think it's helping. Hoping that bfp comes soon!

Glad to hear your good! Ive never heard of that, but hope it helps and you get your bfp soon!

Im doing well, im 8 weeks now, seeing midwife tomorrow, been feeling really sick and tired, ive had a stinkin cold aswel which was awful lol.

Hopefully see you in the first trimester forum soon! :)

I'm probably too late to join but thought I would come say :wave: anyway. I am currently TTC #2 and have basically been trying since DS was 3 months (didn't want to DTD before then). My cycles only started up again in May/June last year because of BF but I have had no luck. :nope:
Started acupuncture last cycle and got my hopes sky high so am going to try chill a bit this time round. Still carrying on with the accu though cos it makes me feel really full of energy.
It took me about 9 months to TTC #1 but I also had 2 ectopics in that time. They think both my tubes are damaged and I was supposed to have IVF...then DS came along. :happydance: Of course now I have one child the NHS won't give me IVF, and I guess that's fair enough. I keep wondering if I should go see the doc but I don't think there is much they can do for me.
Starting to feel the pinch as most of my Bump buds first time round on here and IRL are pregnant again. Kind of feel like I am being left behind. :cry:

Anyone left on here wanting to buddy up?

I'll be your buddy! I know the feeling of being left behind by everyone elses BFPs. I've been trying for a total of about 15 months now and keep having to join different groups since everyone else is getting pregnant. Kinda sucks, but of course I'm happy for them.

So NHS won't see you at all since you have one child already? Or they just won't see you for a year of TTC? I don't know how it works over there, but it seems a bit screwy by some other girls comments about it.

I tried acupuncture for a couple months and really liked it, but I took a break from it this month. Probably will try again if I didn't get pg this cycle b/c I think it was helping me balance my hormones. Now I'm taking Maca and really like it so far, but I've been having weird early pms symptoms, so I don't know if it will mess with my cycle or not. Not due for AF until Sat or Sunday, so we'll see!

Don't worry, now you are my buddy you will probably fall pregnant this cycle and leave me behind! :rofl:

NHS is basically the collective name for all the government-funded health services in this country. Of course I can book to go see a doctor...you are right they do normally say they won't investigate fertility until after 1-2 years. However, in my case, I already have proven fertility issues so am not sure that applies. Besides 1-2 years is for the general population who mostly don't go to any extreme measures to get pregnant. My one doc said half the people that see him after 1-2 years were just DTD at the wrong time of the cycle! :dohh:
Anyway, my point is....even if I can convince them to investigate my fertility issues, I know what my problem is - blocked tubes. They can do a tube dye test but if they find my tubes are blocked, so what! :shrug: They won't give me IVF (and I can't afford it myself). My only hope is maybe the test itself unblocks my tubes a bit.

You've made me wonder about Macca now......hmmmmm....something I am yet to try.

I have heard that the tube test can unblock tubes if they are only partially blocked and it's not anything serious. At least you would have an answer if that really was the case and you would know if it's both tubes or just one...

If you're having any hormonal issues or imbalances, I would recommend Maca. It's a root vegetable that helps balance hormones without actually being a synthetic or biochemical hormone itself. I've tried progesterone, but wanted to do something more natural. I ovulated a couple days earlier with it this cycle and everything seems to be working. This is however, the first cycle where I've had cramping and sore bbs so early, so I don't know what to think yet. Hoping it's early pg symptoms and not early pms.

Hey girls, sorry I missed all the updated posts. I was on vacation with my hubby and little one celebrating my 9 year wedding anniversary. Where has the time gone LOL. We started Clomid this month. Little nervous about it, but fingers crossed that it works. This is month 13 of us trying and I am a lot more relaxed than usual. My doc wanted me to use OPKs so that I know when I ovulate but I haven't even done that.
Erinsmummy I am happy to hear that things are going so well.
Annabelle- any side effects with the Macca?
2016- Welcome. It is always nice to have new people join. We all need as much support as we can get so that we don't go insane. Where is everyone at in their cycles right now? I am on CD15 and waiting to ovulate. Fingers crossed for us all this month. I would love to see another BFP!

Oh nice. Hope you had a lovely time on vacation to take your mind of things. Let us know how the clomid works for you. I've heard some people say they have terrible side effects, others not. Hope it works for you!

I'm 10dpo today. No side effects that I know of from the maca. Since 6dpo I have had dull achy crampy feeling and my bbs have been sore, both of which are unusual that early in my cycle. Last night I had terrible sharp, stabbing pains on my lower right abdomen that lasted for a couple minutes. Never had that happen before. Guess in a few days I'll know whether it's the maca messing with my cycle or pregnancy. FX'd it's the latter! I'll keep you posted.

Officially got my :bfp: today!!! I took a test at 9dpo, negative and another one yesterday at 11dpo and thought I had a hint of a line. Wasn't sure if it was evap or not though, so tested again today at 12dpo and there it was! Faint, but definitely pink and there. :happydance:

Thank you maca!

Wow annabelle congratulations on your :bfp: :happydance: I TOLD you it would happen now I have arrived - I seem to have that effect on people! :rofl:

<dashes off to go buy some Maca> :haha:

Hopefully someone can be good luck for you like you seem to be for everyone else!! :haha:

I'm now officially on the Maca train. :happydance:

2016 you can rub some of that off on me also. LOL I ovulated today and it seems like the strongest + OPK that I have ever gotten.Maybe the Clomid is working. BDed Wed, Thurs, today and we will attempt the next 2 days also. Hopefully this is our month. I am in the tww now which as I always say is the hardest time for me.

Annabelle I am so happy for you. maybe the Macca did work. I will have to look into that. Did you do anything else different?

Where did you buy Macca at? I am going to google it, but just curious where you got it at and how you took it.

I just got it from the local health food store. It's little capsules that I take 3 times a day. Unfortunately I have picked up a sickness bug from DS so most of the Maca I took yesterday came straight back up and it is ghastly tasting stuff! :sick:

oh no. I hope you feel better soon. I ovulated yesterday so I am going to wait out the rest of this cycle and if AF shows I may try the Maca then. Keep me updated on how the maca works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->