TTC#2 for the 4th month

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I looked up RE's that are covered with my insurance. the one that I like that has the best reviews basically says the first step with someone with pcos is to lose weight, then if that doesn't bring on ovulation they prescribe Clomid. I'm losing weight I've lost about 10 lbs. but I have a lot to lose like at least 100 lbs. so I have a feeling they will tell me to lose weight. My dr will put me on Clomid but I kind of feel like that is taking the easy way out when I know I was ovulating before I gained weight. So I'm thinking I will cancel my appointment since I've been having pretty reg cycles lately start temping again and start kicking my butt in the gym.

Congrats on the 10 lbs! That's great!

I think the pcos is getting to me again. I havent had anymore bleeding. So I started the provera just in case. I also made some decisions last night. I think my first step right now is to lose more weight as I said I am down almost 10 lbs and I think that once I've lost a good chunk of weight and if I'm still not pregnant I will go to the RE. But I'm also going to do black cohosh, geritol, and baby aspirin. I'm also thinking about giving the soy isoflavones a shot again because I did ovulate the last time I tried them. It is so nice to have a plan. I bought a daily pill sorter and have it filled and ready to go for 2 weeks once af starts because as much as I hate it, I'm sure it's coming.

I think the pcos is getting to me again. I havent had anymore bleeding. So I started the provera just in case. I also made some decisions last night. I think my first step right now is to lose more weight as I said I am down almost 10 lbs and I think that once I've lost a good chunk of weight and if I'm still not pregnant I will go to the RE. But I'm also going to do black cohosh, geritol, and baby aspirin. I'm also thinking about giving the soy isoflavones a shot again because I did ovulate the last time I tried them. It is so nice to have a plan. I bought a daily pill sorter and have it filled and ready to go for 2 weeks once af starts because as much as I hate it, I'm sure it's coming.

Sounds like a good plan! I have a friend who has pcos. I am not sure what the medication is called, but they had her giving herself injections in her stomach and after a couple of rounds of that and them monitoring her ovulation with sonograms, she conceived. She had a baby girl in January. I can't imagine what having that is like, but I have heard lots of stories about people overcoming it. So there is a lot of hope! If you lived here we could totally be work out buddies! :)

Cjgirl the only treatment my gyno can do is clomid, which is why I was thinking of going to the RE but Im not gonna go til I have lost weight like a significant amount. and if natural remedies can work then that would be great.

Cjgirl the only treatment my gyno can do is clomid, which is why I was thinking of going to the RE but Im not gonna go til I have lost weight like a significant amount. and if natural remedies can work then that would be great.

She was doing that through an RE. I agree. I would try the natural things first.

Sounds like a good plan Athena, and who knows if you get really focused on weight loss you might just end up with a surprise bfp :) I need to loose weight too about 25kg now which is about 55 pounds I'm finding it really hard to shift it though. I've never had troubles with my weight until I had ds2 now feels like no matter what I do I'm just gaining weight instead of loosing it. It's horrible :(

So how's everyone going?
CD10 for me going soooooooo slooooow lol! I'm hoping to see transitional ferning in my maybe baby soon. ( that's what you see when you start to begin your fertile period ) checked this morning and it had one line with pebbles don't know if that was just a fluke or if its the start of something ill test again tonight and see what happens.

This is similar to what you see under the microscope. Ill show a real pic as well :)
So what I seem today was the 1st pic but with one line like from the 2nd pic :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2
This is what I should see in real life. This is partial ferning and it will look more like a fern at peak fertility :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
That's really cool Misscalais! So when it is gets to looking like that last picture, will you ovulate that day or within a couple of days like an OPK?

I'm doing good how are all of ya. I went and had my blood taken yesterday again. Should be getting the results sometime today or Monday.ive been trying to help my brother get ready for his wedding today. I'm going to do the bride and flower girls hair today.

Wow, that's pretty neat misscalais. I have never seem it heard of those. Did you have the same thing when you redress again?
Athena, good for you, losing the 10 lbs. and I think that your plan so great and you will be much healthier all around. I lost a lot of weight before getting preggers both times. So I know how hard and what a struggle it is, but it is totally worth it!
Cjgirl, how are you feeling? When will your first doctors appointment be? Will you be considered high risk because of the blood thinners?
Nlb, glad to hear your doing well. Very interested in hearing the results from the test. I can't believe they would suggest you wait so long that seems strange. Congrats to your brother! Sounds like you'll have a nice days I wish I was good at doing hair. I swear the extent of my skills is a ponytail, lol.

Wow, that's pretty neat misscalais. I have never seem it heard of those. Did you have the same thing when you redress again?
Athena, good for you, losing the 10 lbs. and I think that your plan so great and you will be much healthier all around. I lost a lot of weight before getting preggers both times. So I know how hard and what a struggle it is, but it is totally worth it!
Cjgirl, how are you feeling? When will your first doctors appointment be? Will you be considered high risk because of the blood thinners?
Nlb, glad to hear your doing well. Very interested in hearing the results from the test. I can't believe they would suggest you wait so long that seems strange. Congrats to your brother! Sounds like you'll have a nice days I wish I was good at doing hair. I swear the extent of my skills is a ponytail, lol.

Lol I've been doing hair for 13 years so I've had lots of practice. I also do nothing but a ponytail in my hair. Because I don't like to do my hair only other people's

I feel good, just very tired and hungry lol My first appointment and sonogram are June 27th. I can not wait! I am not sure if I will be considered high risk necessarily. I do know I am not allowed an epidural or any medication administered through the spinal cord and I will have to have testing done every once in a while to test my blood, but I am already use to the tests. The tests while on the Lovanox are different, but still just giving a blood sample to do them. How have you been feeling?

nlb, hope you had fun doing the hair! I had to do the hair at my brother's wedding last year because the hairdresser got really sick at the last minute. It was fun, but a bit stressful. But if you do hair as well as you decorate cakes, I'm sure everyone looked amazing!

That's really cool Misscalais! So when it is gets to looking like that last picture, will you ovulate that day or within a couple of days like an OPK?
Within a couple of days I'm not sure how many days you will see it like this for bit once the whole screen is full of the ferning that's when you are ovulating :)
Aww not long till you get to see your little bean! How exciting!

Nlb you're a woman of many talents in jealous lol you're a hairdresser by trade aren't you? ( forgive me if its not you I'm thinking off ) lol gets a bit confusing trying to remember what everyone does on here :haha: glad you're doing ok let us know your results when they come in I've been think of you.

Dragonfly I think it's pretty cool too. I never even knew about it either until my friend sent it to me lol! Hopefully it works well for me. Ill be testing everyday now until O and I think I'll do it twice a day but you can't have anything to eat or drink ( apart from water. ) for three hours prior to the test that's the hard part because you forget and eat something lol then you have to wait another three hours.

Cjgirl, will they be able to offer you any other pain medications during labor? And why no epidural? Does it affect clotting or risk of clotting?
Misscalais, there is no way I would remember to not eat or drink. Plus I'm a frequent night time drinker. Lol.
Hope every one has a great weekend! We will be celebrating Father's Day tomorrow with both dh and my dads. Hosting a BBQ! Then will probably go to breakfast on Sunday with dh and dd and hopefully just relax.

Idk know what is going on with me. I could be getting sick, but idk. I am nauseous, still no period, shooting pains in bbs but now they are sore. I also have a swollen lymph node behind my jaw that is killing me. I'm going to test in the morning to be sure.

Lol dragonfly it's hard, hoping ill get bfp this mth do I won't have to do it any more lol! Enjoy your weekend :) we do Father's Day in September, so happy Father's Day to all your hubbies and your own dads :)
Athena FXed for bfp in the morning! Do you know how many DPO you are now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->