TTC a Soy baby!

Hi ladies.. I'm CD4 right now and definitely going to run out and buy some soy isoflavones!! I was thinking about using a friend's leftover clomid (eep illegal and not always a good idea, I know) or ordering the pill that's like clomid, to help with ovulation.. since I'm pretty sure I have some anovulary cycles. They're ridiculously irregular since November - I had a period from mid-Nov to late-Feb, then one mid-March, and am just now getting another. I've had one pos OPK during that whole time, and we all know OPKs aren't conclusive. :cry: I've just started temping/charting too, so I don't have that to reference to whether I ovulate.

I'm so glad I'm not past the time frame for using them! I know it's a little late but it helps to think I might be doing something to get my ovaries working.

I'll let you guys know!

Also, is the schedule the same (5-9) if you're still menstruating? My AF usually (I use that word hesitantly) lasts 5-7 days, but I'm CD4 and no lightening, so I'm thinking it will go til CD10. Should I still take the soy CD5-9? Or wait til AF goes away?

And also, would any of you think about using progesterone supplements from 2dpo - BFP/BFN?

I'm self-diagnosed, but I think a lot of my problems have to do with hormones; no endo/PCOS symptoms or diagnosises from doctors. So, less progesterone = unable to tell my body to stop shedding the lining of uterus, resulting in the extra long AF (it was a nightmare). So for me, using progesterone cream is something I use (as a last resort) to stop AF if it looks like it's going to go past CD10... I start rubbing it in by CD7 and by CD10 it's done (wish I would have known about it sometime in December). I don't use it past the day AF ends. But I would consider using it 1 or 2dpo, if I *knew* I ovulated, from using soy or if I just had a really convincing FF chart/pos OPK etc. To help the little bean stick!

But the warning says not to use if you are pregnant or could become pregnant.. it IS an all natural supplement (unlike the pill form of progesterone) but warnings like that always raise a red flag.

Just wondering what your advice might be.

Thanks!

Your still really early, stay positive!!!

:dust:

true, its like this tww is just going so slow. i just feel normal, i havent had any cramps for the past 5 days, no implantation bleeding, or any symptoms

Not everyone has symptoms, my friend is 14 weeks gone and didn't get symptoms until at least 1 week after af was due. When are you going to test? When are you due af? Do you normally get af symptoms?

Your still really early, stay positive!!!

true, its like this tww is just going so slow. i just feel normal, i havent had any cramps for the past 5 days, no implantation bleeding, or any symptoms

Not everyone has symptoms, my friend is 14 weeks gone and didn't get symptoms until at least 1 week after af was due. When are you going to test? When are you due af? Do you normally get af symptoms?

iam now on cd 24 and af is due between cd 28 - cd 30. so i will test on cd 28.
every month a week before af is due i always get sore boobs and this month i havent got sore boobs at all :shrug:

Had my temp drop to coverline yesterday and shoot back up today at 8 dpo. Hmmm

Apologetik - I used NPC from 2dpo last cycle to increase my progesterone levels (and I think it worked eventhough it was BFN). I go to a website for women with PCOS which I have and many women use NPC in the 2WW and some have gotten pg and continued taking it until 12 weeks of pregnancy. It's a choice you have to make as with everything you take in the 2WW you don't know with 100% certainty how it could affect the baby. However it is natural and usually most suplements say no to take when pg as they haven't been tested on pregnant women (as it'd be unethical) so they don't know the effect. Hope this helps you decide...

Flowerfairy - I've gotten Soy from Tesco, Holland & Barrett and another health food store but can't remember the name in the past. Good luck!

Sammy - You're not out until AF shows! It's still very early but I understand what you're feeling. It's so hard to wait isn't it?

Bluebumble - yay for the +ve OPK!

Good luck to anyone in the 2WW and to all waiting to O!

Not much going on for me. I'm trying to be good with my diet and to patiently wait to O (not very good at being patient!)

2nd month using soy here! We started trying in Feb but I didnt temp until my March cycle and it looked like I didn't ovulate so my friend gave me soy. I took 1 pill a day CD3-7 and O'd the 18th and no BFP. Took 2 pills a day CD 3-7 this month and I O'd CD19. I fear its going to keep pushing my O date back. But, I have my fingers crossed for a BFP this month.

I will say, the soy raised my temps. My pre-O temps this month were a lot higher than last month, I've heard soy can do that

yes is definately so hard to wait reenie. every day i just want to do a test :blush: but i know its too early to be testing.
iam going to be naughty and treat myself to a nice piece of chocolate fudge cake tonight see if that will cheer me up abit :haha:

Cervix is VERY high today. Just like when I'm oving. Its so high i can barely reach it. Two days after ov it was very low and hard as a rock. I barely had to try and feel it, it was about right next to my g-spot (which is only like 2 inches in for me)

I always have a low cervix after Ov. It never rises until its time to O again. I know its supposed to rise when you are pregnant but when this happens varies from woman to woman.

I hope this is it for me. I'm so tired of trying. I want my little sticky bean already :cry:

AF arrived today so I am going to TTC this month, instead of NTNP. Going to get some Soy tomorrow and take it 3-7 I think for a trial. I'm also gonna temp and OPK this month too!

Good luck ladies xx

Finally the spotting has stopped!! More ewcm and a very nearly positive opk this evening! YAY!

I am cd 12 (5 days after my last soy dose).. I went back and looked at the opk at the time limit and it was a for sure positive. I didn't get a pos opk until cd 15 last month.

Cd 11 and still nothing for me :( hoping for something soon, I have not ovulated for 3 months but have regular cycles! Hope you get your BFP!

Cd 11 and still nothing for me :( hoping for something soon, I have not ovulated for 3 months but have regular cycles! Hope you get your BFP!

Hey

I haven't Had an Ovulatory cycle for over a year, took soy this cycle and ov at cd19. By cd17 I thought it hadn't worked and was thoroughly fed up. First positive came the next day! Just after we had gone to the docs to start the ball rolling for fertility treatment. I'm officially in the tww. Fingers crossed it works for you!

Hope I'm not asking a really stupid question but! Went to boots to see if they had some soy iso. Anyway they had something just called isoflavones. Is that the same or dies it need to say Soy? How much does it cost normally too. Xxxxx

Sheila - that's fantastic! Good luck!

Flowerfairy - I think it needs to say Soy on it...not 100% sure though. Cost wise, the Tesco ones were ard £5 but the last lot I got (I'd run out and had to get more straight away!) was from a health food store and more like £20!

Kyoun - I don't O unless I take Soy so fingers crossed it'll work for you!

CD11 for me and still nothing so still waiting! It's still early for me though so I'm not too worried.

Good Luck this month girls............get:sex::sex::sex::sex::haha:

i had my scan today and all is ok....just a sac at the minute, but its wer it should be!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->