ttc after a d&c

me too Laura and thanks Bethany :(

LOL re the memory stick.. thats pretty funny :)

Hi ladies!
Sorry to butt in here, it looks like you have been at it for a while. You know each other so well!!
Anyway, I have a quick D&C question: how long did it take for your HCG to go down after the surgery? I am 3 weeks out now and the bleeding stopped a few days ago, but I am STILL getting strong positives on my HPTs. ICs of course, money doesn't grow on trees :) and I'm starting to get worried that maybe I have retained tissue or something?? Wondering if I should call the doc.... thanks a bunch!!!

Hi Bluebird, welcome and sorry for your loss :hugs: It took me about 4 weeks to get to 0 and my period came at 6 weeks post d&c. I hope this helps!

Hi ladies!
Sorry to butt in here, it looks like you have been at it for a while. You know each other so well!!
Anyway, I have a quick D&C question: how long did it take for your HCG to go down after the surgery? I am 3 weeks out now and the bleeding stopped a few days ago, but I am STILL getting strong positives on my HPTs. ICs of course, money doesn't grow on trees :) and I'm starting to get worried that maybe I have retained tissue or something?? Wondering if I should call the doc.... thanks a bunch!!!

hi hon, sorry for ur loss xxxxxx welcome xx
it took me 3.5 weeks for negative test.. was waiting 5.5 weeks altogether after d and c for af xxx
they say average is 4-6 weeks after for af .
hoep this helps. xxx it varies from person to person and prob as to how high ur hcg was when u had ur loss. mine had gone over 45000, thats why i think it took a good bit to come down, i know the wait is so hard.
hope u get ur af soon hon xxxxxx

oh and just to let u know, i didnt bleed much after d and c , i dont really know if this makes a difference, i only bled for aday and then skipped a week and had some more bleeding again. doc told me i needed 21 days between stopping bleedin and af for it to count as af xx
hope ur holdin up ok hon xxxxxxx

Bluebird, sorry for your loss honey :hugs: I am not actually sure when my hcg went to zero. I never really tested after my D&C. I had already started to naturally miscarry before I had it though so that may have made a difference for me too. Sorry I wasn't much help :(

Amy and Laura, just trying to bring smiles :)

Hey Bluebird and welcome :)

I bled for about 4 days and it stopped, i started getting negative hpts after about a week and i got my period 3 weeks and 3 days after the D andC, i think its quite variable for everyone

So sorry for your loss x <3

Thanks so much for the reponses!! So it looks like I am still totally in the normal range. I'm just suffering from a sever lack of patience.... haha! Should I have my Dr test for that? Maybe there's a supplement I can take
Thanks again :)

Thanks so much for the reponses!! So it looks like I am still totally in the normal range. I'm just suffering from a sever lack of patience.... haha! Should I have my Dr test for that? Maybe there's a supplement I can take
Thanks again :)

if you find it let me know the name cos i have no patience :)
it is sooo hard to wait but it is good to know that what u r experiencing is totally normal. the docs dont give us hardly any info about what to expect after .. any qs we r here. feel free to post chick xxxxxxxx

Ive heard of people who have bled for 6 weeks so you are definitely still within normal range!

Dont worry about being impatient! We have all been there! You will not find a better support group than these ladies right here! They have become to be a part of my everyday life!

You've been lurking for a while ive seen your name at the bottom of the screen a few times hehe :D

I truly am sorry for your loss, if you go to the doctors they may get you checked out but to be honest you are still well within normal range :) Its normal, some bodies take longer some are quicker :)

By the way i love your profile pic! I love those birds in that film hehe! xxx

I have decided girls, that as of tomorrow.. I am not temping, im not opking, i am not doing anything, ive been reading alot of health gurus advice and they are saying " Women think if they try to control all the variables in getting pregnant, by charting, using kits and monitoring their cervical mucus changes, with doing all this women do not realise the incredible stress they are putting on their bodies, the saying " it will happen when you stop trying" is one of the truest statements i could tell any woman trying to conceive, it is easy to say let it happen, but it truly will." So i think i am going to stop, as hard as it is, im not charting, not opking, not timing intercourse, not sticking my fingers in there to feel my cervix, so checking daily for cervical mucus, i am going to stop it all, and just think, it will happen eventually, im going to get withdrawal symptoms tomorow when i stop taking my temperature but that is fine i am just going to have to get over it . xxxxxxxxx

Bluebird, we def understand lack of patience :)

Natasha, glad you liked the pic! And good for you for quitting those things! We feel that we need all of it but sometimes it feels so good to just say "dunno when I O'd but I reckon I will happen when it is meant to" :)

Bluebird ~ Patience...I'm guilty of not having any on this ttc journey! Sorry for your loss. I hope we can be of some assistance while you await your next BFP! :hugs:

Laura ~ A nice cozy fire sounds wonderful! Has your DH always worked so late? Thinking of you! :friends:

Bethany ~ LOL! Memory stick, penis! Hahaha! If your app changed your cycle days to 28, wouldn't you have ovulated sooner rather than later or have I read that backwards? Either way FX this is your last TWW!

Amy ~ Seriously, sounds like we all need to take the Red Eye and give you hugs in person! Is it Friday yet?

Tash ~ You can't stop temping yet! You have to wait for your triphasic chart to show up = BFP! If you HAVE to stop, then wait 10 more days to do so...:haha: Ok, if it stops you from stressing, then buh bye temping.

Jen & Jess ~ Fx you and your bumps are well today!

Horsey ~ AF on your chart? :shrug: Was that a short cycle? Hope the Dr has plans for you!

AFM ~ We picked out a Christmas tree! :xmas12: DH wanted a +9ft (3 meters) :xmas22: but I made him stick to the 6'-7' section! Now to let the branches settle and decorate! :xmas9:

Oh Angel what fun! Post a picture when you are done with the tree! Are you already listening to Xmas music? :)
As for the app, I figure my cycle will be longer- more like 30 days instead of the 28 that it is averaging. So I should O later for a 30 days cycle which would have made my O on Saturday instead of Thursday :)

Hey guys, saw the doc. She ordered tests then when I left the office, bam, af! I am super relieved cause this cycle was Stoopid.

Boo for AF...maybe now with a CD1 the Dr can get the ball going! Fx Horsey!

Angel... Well, after allmy determination yesterday, i got up this morning.. And took my temp, literally before i even woke up properly i realised i was putting the tep into my app on my phone, lol its like bloody breathing! okay okay u convinced me lol!! I will do it til af comes then not next cycle!

DH makes me laug, i cried yesterday and i was like im sorry for stressing you out im not going to temp anymore blah blah blah, and he was like babe u can still take your temperature its ot hurting naybody i was like :|

One minute u moan because im trying to control everything, then you moan because i decide to stop :S WHAT DO U WANT FROM ME lol!

He said he would rather me just to do my temperature and nothing else, had a lovely temp spike today, at least it confirms o for me, i guess your af is due about the same time as mine? 10th ish of december? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->