ttc after a d&c

I had a D&C on nov 24 2012 and had sex
One week after, then again following week
And this week! I bled for 5 days after the
Procedure went for my checkup last week
And I've healed fine! Lately I've been
Having cramps in lower abdomen, and headaches
I tested a semi dark postive on a hpt 3 days ago.
It wasn't a faint line I'm not sure when I should
Test again...

Just heard from my dr horsey and this is what she text me:

No problem. Let me know when you start your cycle. I know you read a lot about the MTHFR- keep in mind you are heterozygous so the clotting risk is not a concern for you. I do thunk you can continue the aspirin 81 mg daily though

Test again...

So sorry for your loss :( I know that hcg levels can take a while to get to 0. You may have the hormone in your system but since you are having cramping and have had intercourse, there is that chance you can be pregnant. I didn't get to 0 until about a month after my d&c and then got my period 2 weeks later but didn't have intercourse through any of the healing process. As far as the cramping, I don't remember it being too bad that far post op so a call to your dr might be a good idea. Best wishes!

Test again...

So sorry for your loss :( I know that hcg levels can take a while to get to 0. You may have the hormone in your system but since you are having cramping and have had intercourse, there is that chance you can be pregnant. I didn't get to 0 until about a month after my d&c and then got my period 2 weeks later but didn't have intercourse through any of the healing process. As far as the cramping, I don't remember it being too bad that far post op so a call to your dr might be a good idea. Best wishes!

Thank you! And I went to the doctor but he didn't
Check my hormone levels which I though he
Would. Next week would be a month an I'm
Guessing my levels shouldn't be to high
At least not high enough to detect a strong postive
The cramps are mild more so pressure but
Guess I will wait an see thank

IIm gonna have to get a loan for this eding :/ Even with everything being budget and cutting back on alot of things, its looking around 4 grand :| And if i save for it i wont be able to affoed it until im 900 xxx

Mommiealready, sorry for your loss :hugs: I don't know much about the levels I'm afraid. I had already started miscarrying naturally before my D&C.

Tash, yikes how pricey! I won't tell you how much I spent on my weddings. :)

Amy, good morning! Has AF showed? Do you feel like she will? :hugs:

I am mentally exhausted from discussing feminism with women who aren't feminists. Gah.

Hi Bethany! No sign of af but last night I took my last progesterone pill. So tonight, my body might be looking for that progesterone and it wont get it so hopefully that will trigger it. Either way, at the very latestest I will be going in by next week to get the HSG done so thats good. Horsey was saying that she has this too but I just found out what kind of I have which I think is different than what Horsey has :( My dr text me yesterday and was so sweet and said that we will have a healthy lo, just a matter of getting help doing it and having some patience... sigh lol Did you get your shewee (sp?)??

Tash, weddings can be terribly expensive! DH and I got so fed up with it all... the cost, guest list, food... everything that we wanted to just go to Las Vegas and elope! My parents paid for most of it but we paid for the photographer and videographer and some other things. I did a lot on my own (Place cards, programs, etc) and it was still quite a bit. Hopefully you are able to make it work the way you want and I know it WILL be perfect! :)

How are they rest of you ladies?!?! Havent heard from Angel in a while :( She must be having a blast in NY :) Miss you!!

Jen, how is recovery going hun?

Mommyalready sorry for ur loss :hugs: i hope u get the anwsers u need!

Bethany how are you? Did u call amazon about that shewee?? I would ask for overnight shipping since u waited sooo long!

Amy im sorry u have to deal with this obstacle but glad u are finding anwsers. :hugs: whats the next step? Did af start with that med??

Angel Jess and Laura how are you ladies & LOs?<3

Everyone ready for christmas?

Tash weddings are expensive. I wouldnt say how much we spent either and we tried to go as cheap as possible. Its soooo expensive and im glad that we did it while we rented bc with a mortgage idk how id done it. Ur dress is beautiful and cheap!! Love the deal u found!

atm: im so achy hungry physically tired and trying to act better so dh can relax but im in pain and cant stop crying now. I can put up such a front when im in pain but inside im suffering.my house is a mess laundry is everywhere so are dishes and house is dirty. I have severe headache and nausea cant get outta bed to go to bathroom without help or even lay down without back support and that goes for laying down also. I feel horrible and idk how to get thru this. I ask my husband for surgeons card and he doesnt give me it. He goes straight down stairs and says he puts me first when his business supports us. UGH im so upset and depressed

Amy, so either way you will be moving forward? Good! And I hear you are fertile after HSG tests :)
Oh in regards to MTHFR, if you are heterozygous you just have one copy of the gene. Homozygous means that you have two. For my form of thrombophilia, I am heterozygous. Hope that helps!
No shewee. Contacting amazon tomorrow *stink face*

Oh Jen honey I am so sorry :( :hugs:
I wish I was there to tidy up and help you out. I love you

jen big huge hugs hon xxxxxxxxxxx so sorry ur suffering xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

amy, its great that u have one copy not 2, shoudlnt affect u as much with ttc, hurray for nic edoc xxxxxxxxxxx

tash , my sis and bro said they made back the cost of their wedding s in pressies, be clear u want dosh xxxx

hi and lvoe to all.
bit of aheadache and im wrecked so il chat properlly tomor , nt xxxxxxxxxxx

Jen I am so sorry. I would come and take care of you too if we lived closer :( love you!!

Laura, hope your headache goes away babe!

Bethany, thanks hun! Considering I have gotten pregnant twice now fairly quick, I'm a LITTLE less worried about that. Just want to be able to get pregnant and carry at this point. This is just so hard during the holidays. I ache for a healthy lo :(

Amy, you are doing all you can for a healthy LO :hugs:

Angel, looks fabulous! Have a blast!

Laura, nighty night :)

Looks like I have to order the shewee again. They gave me a refund. So I will just order it from the shewee website.

Can I join??

I had a D&C on Monday after my baby died at 11 weeks (1 day after a perfectly healthy scan) due to my subchorionic hematoma growing too large and "crushing" the gestational sac. :( Basically if it wasn't for the bleed baby still would have been here.

Anyway, since it's my third miscarriage I was told to wait 3-4 months before trying again BUT they want to get us in for genetic testing. However, my m/cs have been like this:

1st around 6 weeks - unknown, presumed chromosome defect.. It happens right?
2nd was a chemical - so as far as I'm concerned, didn't implant properly
3rd was this.. And we know it wasn't a genetic defect!

But I'm guessing the NHS are just sticking to procedure since I've made it to the magic "3" and don't take into account individual cases. As far as I'm concerned, we don't need any tests!

So my plan is to wait until I've stopped bleeding and begin trying again ASAP. My GP told me the only reason they tell you to wait one cycle is because of dating purposes, and that if the lining isn't good enough then baby won't implant anyway.

So hi! :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->