ttc after a d&c

Ok another question... When we say DPO we are talking about after CD14ish when O happens? Sorry if that sounds stupid!

Lisa, I understand. My angel was a November baby too. Due in 2012 :( I hope your rainbow comes faster than mine did :hugs:
And that is stinky about the wondfos! Especially that eBay would charge so much! They are such a cheap option here in the US :(
You may actually ask in the TTC forums if any Australian ladies know where to get wondfos for a decent price?

Amy, I bet that you will take as much as me which is 40 mg daily. Just one shot! If I had ever actually had a clot I would have to take more. Which would cause bruising. I rarely bruise with this dose. Though when I get the occasional one it hangs out forever. But it doesn't hurt :thumbup:

Leslie, if I was testing on the day of AF then I would use First Response Early Result because it is more sensitive than a digital. It can detect 25 of hcg in your urine as opposed to the 50 of the digital. And it is fine to do regular. I always dip too. Too messy to really pee in them :)
The digital will confirm that early for some people though and won't other times. It really is dependent on when the baby implants. Some ladies on this site get positive like a week for their period is due! I could never hope to be that lucky lol. The earliest I have ever gotten confirmation was the day AF was due. And my BFP with my angel was a late one- a week after period was late.

Ok another question... When we say DPO we are talking about after CD14ish when O happens? Sorry if that sounds stupid!

Nope don't feel dumb for asking! DPO means Days Past Ovulation. So not CD 14 but CD 28 if you O'd on CD 14 :flower:

LOl not supid at all! I still to thins day dont know what some of the acronyms mean :oops:

DPO = Days past Ovulation so when someone says they are 3dpo that means 3 days past ovulation.

Thanks for both Bethany! ( can anyone tell how much I am procrastinating at work today?!) I meant though if you say DPO that means you are back to day one ( 1 DPO) after you hit your O around CD14? I don't know if that sounded really confusing or not. I'm on CD 21 so does that mean I am about 7 DPO?

Amy, I bet that you will take as much as me which is 40 mg daily. Just one shot! If I had ever actually had a clot I would have to take more. Which would cause bruising. I rarely bruise with this dose. Though when I get the occasional one it hangs out forever. But it doesn't hurt :thumbup:

Good to know! :thumbup: I certainly hope I wouldnt need more that one shot a day. I heard about the possibility of bruising and was scared about that too. :blush::dohh:

Thanks for both Bethany! ( can anyone tell how much I am procrastinating at work today?!) I meant though if you say DPO that means you are back to day one ( 1 DPO) after you hit your O around CD14? I don't know if that sounded really confusing or not. I'm on CD 21 so does that mean I am about 7 DPO?

Exactly! Its just that not everyone will be 1dpo at cd14 since everyone is different. I usually have a 30 day cycle and sometimes O around CD13-16ish (CD = Cycle day...just incase lol) but AF usually arrives for me right at about 14DPO.

Nope day one is really always CD 1 but DPO will mean something to you if you use OPKs (or temp) and are eager to test! I never really kept up with DPO since I could never get a positive on an OPK. So I was never sure when O was, just what my period tracker predicted. It was wrong I think though because the month I thought I had missed my window was the one I got my BFP. Go figure :wacko:

But CD 21 could mean 7 DPO if you ovulated on CD 14 :flower:

Good to know! :thumbup: I certainly hope I wouldnt need more that one shot a day. I heard about the possibility of bruising and was scared about that too. :blush::dohh:

I really only bruise when I hit a bad spot. Kind of the same thing with bleeding. I think I just bleed when I accidentally hit a vein. And the bad spots may be nerve areas? I'm much better at finding them now lol. I will go to inject a love handle and it hurts...so I reswab and do it elsewhere. And some places I don't feel anything. No slight burning or nothing. Those are happy accidents lol!

Love handles are the best though. Some people actually do them in their stomach but that has always freaked me out. I don't want to feel paranoid that I injected my uterus or something. And that has to sound dumb but I know that I would still worry about it :dohh: so I have always avoided!

Someone on the lovenox group asked once if other people dreaded their shots.

Heck no, I look forward to mine every morning. Feels good to think that you are doing something that could help your rainbow :flower: I bet you will have the same outlook!

Thanks guys!! Makes more sense and since I don't use OPKs lots of this is new. I also use period tracker on my phone and iPad ;) keeps telling me "8 more days until projected start" well last I checked today at least... I should stop staring at that calendar

Oh oops I missunderstood you Leslie:oops:

CD1 = first day of AF, 1DPO = day after ovulation

Thanks guys!! Makes more sense and since I don't use OPKs lots of this is new. I also use period tracker on my phone and iPad ;) keeps telling me "8 more days until projected start" well last I checked today at least... I should stop staring at that calendar

That is what I used Leslie! :thumbup: I still use it technically, just in pregnancy mode now! I also liked to obsessively mark a heart when I was intimate and list all my symptoms :blush:

I really only bruise when I hit a bad spot. Kind of the same thing with bleeding. I think I just bleed when I accidentally hit a vein. And the bad spots may be nerve areas? I'm much better at finding them now lol. I will go to inject a love handle and it hurts...so I reswab and do it elsewhere. And some places I don't feel anything. No slight burning or nothing. Those are happy accidents lol!

Love handles are the best though. Some people actually do them in their stomach but that has always freaked me out. I don't want to feel paranoid that I injected my uterus or something. And that has to sound dumb but I know that I would still worry about it :dohh: so I have always avoided!

I would be scared of the same thing! DH was asking me all sorts of questions last night about it after I shared my fears with him. He said "How long ARE these needles?". I think he is starting to get scared now lol. He had to give one of our kitties shots behind his neck (grabed a chunk of skin and did it just fine) so he is used to needles but he says "Thats different! Youre my wife!" lol

Amy, he can do it! My husband gets so queasy but the shots are nothing :)

I can try taking a picture but they are pretty small needles!

Do you use a generic or brand? Im looking this up on my ins and trying to see if I would be able to get it mail ordered and said there was a generic version. I wonder which I will get.

Generic is enoxaparin 40 mg/0.4 ml syr

Yup I use the generic. Have never used the name brand :) I have read that name brand has smaller need but the generic needles are plenty small to me!

I looked it up through my ins and generic was $16.66 per month vs $49.99 per month for brand... so $30 more per month to get a smaller needle basically lol

Amy, Thanks for the info and maths calcs! haha!! i think this time ill stick with FR from the supermarket and if BPN then ill order Wondfos from ebay. Takes to long to get here (end of July!). FR is like $14.95 for 3 here.

Leslie, I am feeling better today... just an off day! I am also getting what seems to be pre AF symptoms. I definitely had the same kinda feelings last time around O but now im not so confident. I think its a mixture of fear and doubt at this point.
I know how you feeling about all the pregnancy acronyms... i permanently have a cheat sheet up with the acronyms
https://voices.yahoo.com/pregnancy-parenting-forum-abbreviations-8078388.html?cat=25

Bethany, Thank you... you're always so kind!! As i said to Amy ill use FR this time and get wondfos if BPN.

:hugs: to everyone else and i hope you're all doing great!

Lisa & Leslie :dust: hoping for good news soon.
Amy id stick with generic seems like they try to trick u for smaller needle. Youll be okay save the money for urself :) bethany has a great point on her outlook. Im sure urs will be same with giving urself the shot.
Angel did u ever think of using ur last name for middle or just the first letter of it? Middle names arent really ever asked and ppl only evervuse the first letter for cards and such companirs and offices that is. Your lil ones almost here sooo excited!!!
Jessica hope u and sophia are doing good now. You are such a good mommy even with all ur challanges it makes u a stronger person<3
Bethany i hope dh doesnt miss the birth. Im sorry he cant be off. They need fmla too! I thought men could take it. Guess not. Very glad u have money stashed to eat out as ull have no time to cook. Is any family going to come stay with u for a while?
Laura hi! Yay for simons weight gain. He will be just fine. Funny about ur fears. I have fear with eyes too but mostly that her vision wont be good. Imthinking its so normal to have fears. As well love our babys. Be careful on stairs hell be just fine<3

Angel good idea for new ticker! Will do if i ever get on pc.

Milestone at exactly five weeks and she did it for mom and then grandma and dad! She rolled over!!! Shes a fast one. I place her down on dloor not even a minute and she is on her back! Then she turned on her side to roll back onto her belly. Im sure she will master it soon. Gotta watch her on tables now. (changing table tgat is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->