ttc after a d&c

Good point Angel. Thats one of the reasons I'm afraid to give the broccoli to Sophie. I've read conflicting info about cheese too. I read cheese is much easier to digest than milk. And thats why it is ok to give baby cheese earlier. But I read the aged cheeses are easier to digest since they are mostly lactose free. Interestingly ( I'm not sure if this is actually true) I read that in the UK they recommend giving cheese at 6 months and here it is recommended at 7 to 8 months I believe. I guess it is mainly up to our judge and if our babies digestive system can handle it. I might try to give the broccoli, potatoes and cheese once to Sophie and let you ladies know how well Sophie handles it.

Im waiting on brocolli. And cauliflower wouldnt want to risk an upset belly.

Lol angel ur too funny. I think im getting sick now too :/

Well, when I email her doc he got back to me (very attentive doctor) and he said as long as she is 6 months old it is purely up to me about the broccoli. All babies are different and can have a reaction to any food. But I understand where you are coming from Jen. Zoey seems to have a very sensitive tummy, so you do whats best for her. I remember you started feeding Zoey solids well before I started to feed Sophie so you have a good idea what is good or not for your baby. She has 2 teeth? Thats so cute, Sophie is not near having any. I wonder when her teeth will come in.

Angel, tell us how it goes feeding Pierce. Hope he likes his food. Sophie loves to eat way more than she likes formula. The problem is she doesnt like to bottle feed. She wants to feed from a cup and not a sippy cup but and actual cup. Since she doesnt have the hand eye coordination to feed herself with an actual cup (she can do it with a sippy cup but doesnt really like it) and not to mention she would choke or make a huge mess, we hold the cup, bring it to her mouth and she sips it. Its time consuming but she loves it. I guess she wants to copy what us "big kids" are doing.

Hope everyone is having a good start to New Years.

Amy I'm thinking of you and hope you are doing well! Sounds like you have a good plan moving forward and I so hope that your BFP will appear very soon! Maybe a valentines day BFP? :)

Angel I loved what you wrote about Amy and I am helping us chase our rainbows. It really meant a lot so thank you. Have to try to be positive and think that 2014 will be it. If anything I will see the doc on your anniversary and look forward to starting the dialogue of what might be next!

Jen I don't know if I missed this but you are ttc #2?? I tried to look back but couldn't find it! If so that us great news! Also so happy we are fb friends! I love looking back on your pictures of Zoey.

Bethany hope all is well with NTNP and with Lorelei :) thank you for the cheerleading. The picture you posted on here is beautiful. Any news on when DH might be leaving? Must be so frustrating.

Lisa I'm sorry you are in pain and having anxiety. I hope that the suggestions from here or fb are helpful and you get some relief. You look good either way! ;)

Jess hope you, the girls, and DH are doing well and had great holidays!

I guess the other ladies must have disappeared? Hope you are all doing well if you do pop by and read!

CD 5 and AF just disappeared. This is actually less than before so I am hoping maybe I am regulating. For me it is sometimes difficult to figure out when cd 1 is because I start off so slow. Hoping to be more relaxed this cycle and try to bd three days a week or so but not be so crazy about exact days. I guess because of the long cycle this past month we need to focus to keep going later as well.

On a random other note has anyone watched orange is the new black? My brother has let us use his netflix and we just finished the first season and got somewhat addicted. Quite interesting.

Sorry Laura I forgot to add ya :) I love your New Years resolution! Sounds like a great one for us all. I enjoyed your video you posted to fb. So precious. Hope Simon is feeling well

Leslie thanks xxx
We both still hve our colds
But he us eating and drinking away so not too bad ;-)
Glad af is gone. Xx
TTC tine before u know it

Girls. I hve given Simon broccoli and cauliflower.
It does create wind but a little mixed with potato seems to be ok.
His fave dinner so far is baked beans with sauce washed off pureed up with potato and peas and his milk.
He adores any fruit but apple on its own doesn't suit him
Nor do blue berries.
He loves chicken carrot and potatoes.

Spoke too soon AF decided to trick me and come back.
Sorry you guys are not feeling well.

I sound so irish .
Its all potatoes ;-)
It seems to suit him with his reflux.
Rice cereal doesn't .
Milk doesn't seem to suit him either.
I'm gonna let it out for few months.
So no cheese.
Porridge he loves.
Strawberries he loves and pear and peach.
He has had beef and liked it .
He cant get tge hang of how to drink from a cup at all.
Must try again.
The other nt he called for my glass of water so I put it to his lips and he was so happt.
Maybe I should try a real cup.

Love to all xxx

Oh no Leslie.mine nearly always takes a day off in middle too.
Silly af xxx

Laura, thanks so much for the detailed list of food Simon eats. All babies are so unique to what they like and how their digestive system reacts to food. Maybe Simon is like Sophie ( Simon & Sophie, their names have a nice ring together) and wants you to feed him sips from a big cup like a big boy. I think they see us doing it and want to mimick us. The good thing about the cheese, if you decide to give some to Simon when he gets older, is that it is far easier to digest than milk and some are lactose free, the more aged the easier to digest. Sophie hasn't had cheese yet, hopefully it won't cause upset stomach because I'm sure she will love it as did my 2 older daughters.

Leslie af can play tricks on our bodies. I'm hoping this year your af takes a 9 month vacation.

Hi ladies! Have a great weekend!! :hugs:

:headspin: Guest are GONE! :headspin: We were worried the storms would cause them to get bumped from their flight, but alas they were upgraded to 1st class (only seats they had available) and off they went! :plane: Buh bye! Pierce did well with his oatmeal today. DH gave him breakfast & dinner, I did lunch. Pierce was very interested and excited about the whole process! So now what's this about sippy cups? When do you introduce it?

Laura & Jen ~ Hope your colds are easing up!

Leslie ~ AF is a pain! Def focus on BDing later since your cycles are +28 days. 35 day cycle means O should be around CD21. I'm hoping your visit to the Dr is productive (well, I really hope you'll be preggers (implanting by then)). And I am on board for chasing some rainbows with you!! We are here for you to vent, ask, advise, ramble, worry, cheer, be positive or negative ;)

Jess ~ What a quick response from your Dr. Makes sense to give it a try if Soph's tummy can handle it! P is a gassy boy, so I wonder if I should avoid feeding him foods that are known to cause gas?

Bethany, Amy, Lisa :howdy:

Angel my cycle was 40 days this time around ugh. I don't know if this is a one time deal or not because before this it was generally 32. Anyway we will try to stretch out bd. Because you said I can ask whatever I have a way in advance question ( because I worry about pregnancy before it happens). I saw on another thread someone saying she would not have sex when she is pregnant next time alrund in the first trimester ( in the ttc after loss forum). Are you not supposed to have sex early in pregnancy?
Again thank you for all your kindness.

40 days :dohh: That's a long stretch...I wonder what delayed it? Were you taking any fertility supplements? I hope it regulates or just goes away for 9 months!

Unless advised otherwise by a Dr, sex is totally fine at any point in a pregnancy! In the end it's highly encouraged! :bunny:

Maybe stress made it wonky? Only thing I changed was taking more calcium and I don't see how that could do anything. Glad your guests are gone! Did you get a snow storm also?

Thanks! Good to know about sex during pregnancy. I did read that if you have recurrent mcs it may not be advised the first trimester but I don't know how accurate that is or what could actually happen.

Angel, Pierce looks so cute eating, I am so happy he is liking solids!! He lost a lot of his hair, correct? Sophie has grown a lot of hair its coming out dark golden/ ash blonde and its sticking straight up!! Lol. Does Pierce have any teeth yet? Sophie has no teeth, not even near having teeth.

Sophie is beginning to crawl, cruising around on her mat. Tummy time has really done it for her. Shes rolling really easy now and army crawling, scooting and just about to crawl. I'm worried though because it is super hard to keep the house clean with my other 2 messy daughters and Sophie is picking up things almost as small as a chocolate chip and she puts everything in her mouth, so we have to keep the house extra clean!

Leslie ~ Perhaps it was stress/worry that prolonged your cycle. As an FYI a Vit B Complex to boost fertility and ate lots of berries & legumes (fertility foods). As for BDing and recurrent loss I suppose it'd be advised against as a precaution. The cervix is highly vascular and spotting can occur afterwards, which can be VERY frightening. Or the potential for contractions...there are many variables.

Jess ~ P did lose his hair. He has a ton of peach fuzz that never shows in pictures (guess its cause he has a big melon!). No teeth yet here either. When do you know teeth are coming? He puts everything in his mouth, even chews on his blankets (he's our billy goat). Guess we need to childproof the house before he gets mobile. I bet it is tough keeping things out of Sophie's reach w/ 2 older ones. I bet she just wants to keep up w/ her sisters! She sounds like she has just taken off over night! How has Natalie been with her lately?

When does a baby's eye color change?
:wave: ladies!

Angel, as for teeth coming in it depends on each baby. Some babies have sore or swollen gums and can be like that for months without any teeth. For others it can happen over night relatively painless. Right now Sophie shows no visible signs of any teeth coming in but I notice her taking the bottle much less and she looked in pain when drinking her Avent bottles so went out to buy the Dr. Browns which she seems to be taking much easier. As for eye color, thats a confusing one. Genetics are pretty weird. I hear most stay the same at about 6 months but some babies eyes change even years later. Both of my brothers were born with blue eyes, one stayed blue and the others eyes turned green at age 2 and stayed like that. I was the only one with dark brown eyes and by the time I became a teenager they turned to honey brown and eventually hazel (light brown mixed with light green). Sophie threw us for a loop. She was born with blue eyes ( I think you can see them in one of the progression pics), then they turned grey and for the last 4 months they have been a beautiful hazel and seem to be getting lighter. What makes it interesting in our case is that my husband has jet black hair (so black it has a white reflection in the sun) very dark brown eyes, and dark skin (he looks almost mediterranean). So when he carries Sophie around it looks like he is carrying a little white baby.lol. We notice people look at her then dh and then me and it happens A LOT. Sophie is 3/4 Salvadorean but took a lot after my dad (he was blonde hair blue eyed). Genetics are tricky but at the same time amazing.

Hope all of you ladies are doing great this weekend! :hugs:

Angel pierce is uber cute in his pics
So happy looking x
Simons hair is only visible now cos it's fluffy and blonde ;-)

Simon can shuffle a little on tummy and rotate a bit.
He is bound to be a bit behind though.
He is doing well.
We hve bought baby proofing stuff ready to be put out when he is moving more.

Our cats hve to be banished o utility.
One has worms. Gross!!!!!
Plus its bwtter for Simon when he is on floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->