ttc after a d&c

Im so excited! Im going to attempt to make zoeys st patricks day and birthday dress/headband.
Yes we are ntnp but hubby keeps saying im already pregnant lololol i know im not but he wants me to be... i think he forgets its not simple.
I really need a job still. I had a dentist call me and question my resume. I was applying for receptionist job and he couldnt understand why. None the less i wasnt hired :(

Lisa i over packed... def a go home outfit for u and baby... outfit for visitors if u want. I bleed too much so ended up wearing hospital robe much more comfy... shampoo/soap/deoderant/tb/tp (hospital didnt provide). Charger phone laptop camera . Babys book to write in and for footprints. Makeup if ud like. Carseat. If nursing boppy pillow. They will have a special nursing cream for nipples there if u need (or they should) ... i thought i needed a ton but honestly i didnt. Ended up with tons to put away. Oh a hair brush and dryer! :)

Sophia started talking today and babbling out of nowhere . Whats crazy is that she is making a lot of different sounds, baba gaga wawa dada lala. She keeps surprising me!!

Angel I am not sure if I have ever mentioned it on here before. The ties are a big part of why she doesn't latch. That and she has a high palate so I have to pull her head way back when I get her to nurse with a shield. It isn't comfortable and probably a large part of why she hates nursing.
Thanks for the advice about meds!

Amy, you are going to do great! I am especially excited about you trying acupuncture <3 I hope that it helps a lot. That TTC book that I read a year ago recommended it! It also recommended certain herbs and foods, depending on ones type. And the visualizations.
You can do this. We are all here to support you and your choices!

Laura, uh on break time is over! :)
I will keep your secret about the tablet ;)

Jessica, I have a sad supply right now. No willpower to pump often enough to try and increase it. And when I am tired I won't try to nurse her, I will just give her a bottle.

Jen, yes I hate constantly washing and sterilizing bottles too. Dreamed that I had even more bottles to not have to wash as often lol.
Aged cheese is amazing- Zoey will love it!
So sorry that the job hunt isn't going well :(

Lisa, definitely ask about SPD. Sorry you are in so much pain love!
We got the only two brown mice they had. They are so adorable. <3
Kitty would climb in the co-sleeper all the time. And he has laid in her bouncy seat before. Mostly he sleeps on the diaper pad lol. Should just call it a cat bed now.
I packed a nursing gown, robe and slippers. Also some outfits for Lorelei, a few of my Velcro swaddle blankets, toiletries (including a face mask- I pampered myself during my shower!). I took makeup but I didn't use it. I was just too tired after having a baby. Oh, rubber bands for my hair! A hairbrush. Lip balm.
Next time I will include adult diapers (hated the mesh panties they give us in the hospital here), witch hazel pads for hemorrhoids, and hemorrhoid cream.
Never really used my cell or iPad. Too tired and in too much pain!

Jen, thats so cute you're making Zoeys outfits. Cant wait to see them!
Thanks for the tips. I keep wondering about the boppy pillow. The hospital don't mention anything about nursing pillows in their list of what to bring and my friends with babies don't have them. Maybe they aren't a big thing in australia but i kinda want one.

Bethany, Thanks for the tips also. Sounds like I've just about got it all covered in my list. Im an overpacker normals so ill probably take way to much. I have to remember we are only 10min from the hospital an they don't let partners stay with you over night so toby can bring anything in for me in short notice.
My cats love the changing table to. One especially loves the baskets underneath. I just filled them with stuff so he couldn't get in their anymore. Im trying to teach them they aren't allowed anywhere where she will sleep.
Mice are escape artist so make sure they can't get out. One of mine got out once and i had to search the house from top to toe to find him. He ended up being in this little nook in the back of the TV!!

Jess, So cute of Sophia! She will be saying mum and dad before you know it.

Yay Sophia! She is making great strides! :cloud9:

Jen ~ Making headbands and dresses sounds like sooo much fun. And I bet you are over qualified for a lot of jobs...praying something comes through. Will you put Z in daycare to go to work?

Bethany ~ I see...her not latching makes perfect sense now. Poor little lady, a ba ba it is! I was telling my DH my original nursing goal was 6 months, but I'm liking the no bottle washing, so I may be in it for the duration! As for sterilizing bottles, is it necessary? I hope Lorelie's nurse is as quick & efficient as P's is w/ the shots!

Lisa ~ Take comfy clothes (fold over or low yoga pants or loose fitting because of the incision site), your own pillow and towels for the shower! I showered w/ flip flops on b/c heaven only knows what happened in that shower before me, so shower shoes if you're funny about that.

Amy & Leslie ~ :dust:

Laura ~ What was the feeding appointment for? I hope it goes well!

I puréed organic sweet potatoes and butternut squash this evening. I used my Cuisinart Smartstick...I love it! Baked everything, zapped it with Smartstick, then put it in trays! Easy peasy! Hope you don't have to go through all if the cereals before introducing veggies!

G'nite ladies! Hope you all keep warm, some strange winter weather coming through! :cold:

Yay go sophia!!! :) shes one smart little girl! I cant wait for zoey to talk!

Angel idk if we pay for daycare ill never afford it along with my bills. So hopefully dh and i can work our schedules so one of us is home with the kids.

Got to get zoey this cold awful

Angel seems like ur a pro at making baby food :) hes going to love it!

So i had the biggest scare this morning. After no sleep trav goes to check on zoey and shes there standing in her crib looking up at him. I go in to see and after i took some fast pictures she comes reaching over the side for me. I was so scared shed fall out of the crib! This new stage is rough

Omg Jen. I am terrified of the same thing. Sophie is starting to use the crib bars to try and bring herself up. And since she can already stand by herself momentarily and pull to standing when holding on to our hands I am terrified that she will climb out. So today dh is going to do 2 things: lower the crib to the very lowest setting (Sophie is getting close to 30 in.) And since she sleeps in our room we are going to push one side of the crib against the wall and push our bed against the other side.

Hey guys.
I'm caught up but tired. We were out all day.
Jen I xant believe she us standing.
So early. Well done z xxx

And Sophia talking.
Woohoo.
Once simon started he seemed to hve new sound every day ;-)
It's great.

Love to all xxx

Sorry not proper post xxx

Thats so cute!

Omg she is now holding on to her table and taking baby steps around it. This mommy sad :( where did my newborn go?

I bet she's gonna be an early walker Jen! Now your really gonna have to child proof the house. I can give you some tips on childproofing if you have any questions, since I have already gone through it with my other 2 daughters. I know they grow up quickly but isn't it also exciting to see her doing all of these amazing things!

Brrr :cold: Was 14 degrees (feels like zero) today thanks to that Polar Votex! We are not tempered for extreme winters! The news said there was potential for power outages due to power grid overloads across 13 states! Eeek! Thankfully we have gas fireplaces, but I hope it doesn't happen! Tomorrow it should be in the manageable 30's.

I cannot believe the girls are pulling themselves up and Zoey is cruising! Can they flip out of cribs if the mattress is on the low setting?? Omg how frightening! Good call wedging the crib in your room Jess!

Sorry you're tired Laura. I hope everything went well. :hugs:

Leslie & Amy :dust: Hope you both are keeping warm :bunny:

Bethany ~ Do you plan on making L's food? I miss your dinner chat! Are you able to cook and balance baby? How'd her shots go :(

Lisa ~ Hope you've found relief xxxx

Jen, oh wow!! Go Zoey!! They grow so fast... #2 time!! ;)
Saw Zoeys pics on FB... she looks like mischief! haha

Angel, where about in the US do you live again? Hope you're not to cold! Meanwhile its heating up here... parts of the country have had their hottest days ever recently. Nothing extreme where i live yet though.
Thanks for the tips also. I had a laugh when you mentioned about what could have happen in the shower before you! :haha:

:hi: everyone else!

AFM - Had my glucose test this morning. The drink was actually really good. I was expecting to have to drink a giant amount of horrible cordial type stuff but it was a really small fizzy lemonade drink, was actually pretty nice. I felt really sick after though. Nearly threw up but i made it through the two hours. Don't get my results for a few days though.

Couldn't resist these cute little shoes today!! Ive technically been banned from buying anything more until after the baby shower but they were only $10 so whatever! :blush:

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2
Lisa, my cat tends to avoid Lorelei as she grunts and farts. He finds it alarming :) he does enjoy sniffing her on occasion. Her also will rub his face in her fuzzy hair lol. Or batting at her kicking feet. He is just waiting for her to grow up and play, I just know it!
The mice already escaped. Accidentally knocked over their cage. Caught the stinkers but now they are more bold :)
Wow your glucose test sounds better than what we get here. Mine was so sweet that it burned. And I totally puked after the test was over haha.
Very cute shoes. Who knew shopping for someone else would be so much fun right?

Angel, it isn't necessary to sterilize them but it doesn't hurt to err on the side of caution. I have a microwave sterilizer and I use it once a week.
Yes the bottles suck. But a growth spurt when breastfeeding may be just as annoying. Definite pros and cons to it all.
She won't latch at all now. She is just really upset with nursing and will jerk away. Husband is gone again and I have to try and find the time to pump. Grrrr.
I do plan to make her food! I haven't cooked in a few days but am buying some new cookbooks off of amazon for inspiration. :)
Stay warm! Freakishly cold here too. *shivers*

Jen, whatever happened to our babies? She is growing too quickly. Tell her to slow down :)

Jessica, could you go ahead and post the child proofing tips? I would happily read it!

Laura, get some rest :)

Well, Lorelei got her vaccinations today. No fever at all so far. Her head growth has jumped a lot and the doctor asked me if we had huge heads in my family. Why yes, yes we do have bowling ball heads lol. And she is chunky at 12 lbs 13 ounces.
Afterwards we went to see Frozen (love it! Contemplating getting the album from iTunes) and then on the way home I get a message from my husband saying that he was called away on a project (still in Texas but far) and that he will hopefully be back in a few days.
So I'm in a foul mood. I am freaking tired of parenting alone. I may try to bring up Malaysia again as it would be a huge promotion, more money, and he would be home more.
Which reminds me that I need to get Lorelei's passport.

Bethany, I am so sorry about your dh having to leave again. You have every right to be frustrated. I was a single mother for 5 years before marrying my husband , Aaron. It was difficult at times. Just know that we are all here for you whenever you are feeling down or alone. Hoping that his assignment won't last too long. Wow Lorelei is so big!! Sophia was 11 lbs 2 months. I would say she is eating just fine. :flower:

I a jealous of Sophia's weight! Wearing Lorelei up and down 3 flights of stairs is killer :-/ beats carrying her in the car seat though as that is just more weight. Thank God for the baby k'tan.
The more she fills out the more my family goes "well now she is starting to look more like us!" since my husband's family is so tiny :)

Same with my dh family. They are all tiny!! Dh is only 5'9'', his mother is like 4'10'', they are all so small. I felt like a giant when I met his mother ( I'm almost 5'8''). Even though I don't feel tall compared to the rest of the population, I felt like s freak next his mother.lol. As for big heads my dh has a pretty big melon, but Sophia's head is pretty average except that she has a prominent forehead.

I can only imagine how big Lorelei will be when she's Sophie's age. She just had a growth spurt, almost 21 lbs and it hurts to carry her around. Omg so many flights of stairs for you Bethany.. sounds tiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->