ttc after a d&c

nurse rang back, no change to meds for now, just keep an eye.
she said its one to watch as regards autism but said its way to early to know one way or the other, which is as i thought but still nice to be confirmed by professionals :)
couscous in milky sauce just made.
big pot of beans washed to blend but he is conked :)
uber house wife hee hee :)
im glad his meds dont need to up cos he gets very sleep for 10 days ish if htey go up. xxx to all xx

my thanks is gone jess :)
loads of autistic people are highly intelligent.
i dont mean to brag but im thinking simon is really intelligent, he is very good at learning and compensating for his right side :)
he is a little pet xx

Jess, I never knew autism had a hereditary component. I suppose it's like other disorders then. Wow to the cost of them testing your DH! Hopefully with his new job/insurance he can get some answers. And yes, time is flying!!

Laura ~ Gald they aren't adjusting Simon's meds. You seem quite busy...beans sound yummy. My friend's daughter has limited use if her right hand (17 years old). You wouldn't know it though. She drives, golfs, has a teenage job and loads of friends. She is such a gorgeous girl too! I told you the Dr's said she'd never walk, but here she is taking the world by storm. Milky will do the same!

Whoot Whoot at the hotel for another night :happydance: Good thing too, at home I'd be going crazy trying to clean up after the construction crew and tend to Pierce. Here I just get to relax! They should be finished today, so I'll go home tomorrow.

Hope all of you are well! Leslie, any news? Symptoms?

Yeah Angel, more and more research shows it most likely hereditary that is the general consensus at the moment. It is not so much the autism that is inherited, but a cluster of disorders. I think they are even starting to isolate genes responsible, I have also read that evironmental factors also play a role. One thing I will say that is interesting. Every member of my family who seems to suffer from any of these disorders is also highly intelligent. Older daughter placed top percentile for mensa testing. Taught herself to read and write at age 4. Multiplication and algebraic equations at age 5, but has almost been borderline socially handicap. She doesn't understand a lot of social cues and has never done well with social interaction. She can be extremely gullible and too trusting. She is still almost mute in some social situations. Same with my daughter Natalie who is bipolar/adhd/ocd. She is extremely intelligent. She suffers during a full school day because she masters curriculum at a fraction of the time and she is intellectually wise beyond her years BUT here is the big BUT, she has the emotional development and flexibilty of a toddler. She still acts very very much like a baby, needs and I mean NEEDS to be coddled and comforted a lot. She has actually asked and pleaded on many occasions to be bottle fed (this has been going on for a few years). She has grown so slowly emotionally. She still uses a pacifier (I know its easy to criticize, but believe me we have tried forever to take it away but it almost lands her in the psychiatric ward). Not trying to justify an 8 year old still using the pacifier but even the child psychologist has advised that she needs to be under close observation and slowly weaned off. I have never told any of you ladies the detail about the pacifier because of fear of criticism or that you would think I am a horrible parent. :nope:

Forgot to mention, she only uses the pacifier at night, not in public.lol. I can only imagine the looks I would get if she went around like that in public!

Oh and I forgot to mention even though my Natalie has bipolar and emotional developmental delays she stopped believing in Santa when she was 4 because according to her, its impossible for reindeer to fly or talk and its impossible for anybody to deliver presents to over 1 billion children in one night. So her development is all over the place.

Laura, I was told the same about Autism. It becomes a problem when your baby doesn't grow out of the symptoms and then they start looking more into Autism during the toddler years. Some babies aren't big on eye contact and they are very cautious around other people. This is how my Alyssa was, although she didn't end up with Autism, she did end up with selective mutism which is more of a severe social anxiety disorder. Oh and I forgot to mention, Natalie is mildly dislexic, mildy enough that the docs say she might grow out of it. It only affects her writing though, not her reading.

No judging here Jess! You are a great Mommy! I never realized you had so much going on with the girls. It's amazing how one can be delayed emotionally and be an over achiever intellectually!

That made my day Angel! Wish I could give you a hug or at least take you to lunch. :flower:

Thanks AngeI I love how positive u are. It inspires me to look at the glass half full rather than half empty. Sometimes I get so caught up with the problems and negativity in my life that I forget to sit back and appreciate what I have. I have a feeling Sophie will be the child that kind of balances everything out. Maybe the peacemaker since my other 2 daughter don't get along too well. lol. So any thoughts about having another baby? Or maybe you feel everything perfect the three of you? My brother and his wife have their 1 son so far and they feel great like that. But all of the sudden they are thinking about having another one after Sophie, I guess its baby fever.

Jess, I never knew autism had a hereditary component. I suppose it's like other disorders then. Wow to the cost of them testing your DH! Hopefully with his new job/insurance he can get some answers. And yes, time is flying!!

Laura ~ Gald they aren't adjusting Simon's meds. You seem quite busy...beans sound yummy. My friend's daughter has limited use if her right hand (17 years old). You wouldn't know it though. She drives, golfs, has a teenage job and loads of friends. She is such a gorgeous girl too! I told you the Dr's said she'd never walk, but here she is taking the world by storm. Milky will do the same!

Whoot Whoot at the hotel for another night :happydance: Good thing too, at home I'd be going crazy trying to clean up after the construction crew and tend to Pierce. Here I just get to relax! They should be finished today, so I'll go home tomorrow.

Hope all of you are well! Leslie, any news? Symptoms?

thanks angel xx
most of the time i know simon will be the same but i get the wobbles a bit sometimes :) xx
do u have a pool in hotel?
id love it if a pool. id take simon about 5 times a day, ha ha
we r being invited to a wedding soon,
im not looking forward to wedding cos i wont know anyone but hotel be nice :) hee hee

Oh and I forgot to mention even though my Natalie has bipolar and emotional developmental delays she stopped believing in Santa when she was 4 because according to her, its impossible for reindeer to fly or talk and its impossible for anybody to deliver presents to over 1 billion children in one night. So her development is all over the place.

aw poor poppet, too clever for her own good xxx
she has great help from u hon and will be just fine xx
im not making light of it, i know her issues wont leave but u know whats up and how to help her which is the best thing for her xxx
getting help makes a world of difference xxx

jess as regards the pacifier , i had mine till i was 5 , they only took it off me to go to school. :)
anything that soothes her is worth it chick,
why would u take away abruptly something that helps her xx
hugs xxx

i got about 4 hrs broken sleep. lil man is teething so hard now, i wish his teeth would just cut through already!!!

Sophie is also teething. I do see her a little more fussy at times and she always has her hands in her mouth, the other day she managed to fit all of her fingers and a good part of both of her hands in her mouth. Everything she grabs goes right to her mouth. Something cute, she is starting to get a temper. She is fascinated by tv controlers and always tries to grab for them. If you kind of tease her and keep putting the control out of her reach she will eventually throw her body back and cry a little. I must say she is still a very patient baby it takes a lot to tick her off. Hopefully she stays this way.

Laura, can u actually see the teeth ridges through Simon's gums? Have any ridges started to break through? Its intersting because it looks like one of Sophie's canines are breaking through. If it does shes going to look like a little vampire baby. lol. Have you tried gripe water for Simon? I gave a couple of teaspoons to Sophie for the first time the other day. She ended up throwing up so I am scared to give it to her again. :nope:

It's banned here jess.
I give him bon jela. ( think ye may call it oragel).
Teetha ( homeopathic ) granules
And if all fails calpol ( paracetamol).
Yeah he has ridges in good few places.
He is bringing a few id say.
He is sound sleep now but I'm up and down to loo for 2 hours.
Stupid liver!!! L

Oh no Laura! I hope your liver function is alright! And poor baby boy w/ teeth coming in. Why does it have to be so painful! (We did have a pool at the hotel, but Pierce is battling dry skin and the chemicals from the pool would only irritate it *sigh* I can't wait for warmer weather and to get him in the ocean though!)

Jess ~ I'm 95% sure Pierce is it for us. While a younger sibling would be sweet for him, I'm afraid it isn't in my cards. Maybe if I was a few years younger I'd feel differently. How about you? A sibling closer in age in the works for Soph?

Bethany, Jen, Lisa ~ How are you and the babes?

Leslie ~ Any updates????

Amy ~ So glad you <3 your acupuncturist! What a difference it makes! Sending good Qi your way :dust:

Baby food question: So I'm scared to make carrots for P b/c of what I've read about nitrates. Any cooking tips? Guess I can scour the other threads.

Hi ladies,
I am going to try to catch up. I have missed so much!

Angel no news and no real symptoms that I can say. I really hope my cycle isn't as long as the last one! Trying not to symptom spot because it gets my hopes up too much. I also heard about others getting pregnant after hsg . We will see if it gets that far. Boobs hurting right now feels like AF although seemed to start earlier and headache is def sinus headache. My sinuses have been terrible! Is it really cold there too?
How long will you be at the hotel? I guess DH is back? Does he have to leave soon?

Bethany unfortunately I don't think BD time is the exciting time for me. I feel more relaxed in the TWW so there is no pressure to BD. Although sometimes I wonder if we BDed enough. Is DH home with you? I think I saw a fb picture so hope he is. I don't know how you and Angel do it :/

Laura your meals for Simon sound great! I'm glad that everything seems ok after testing and what not. Hopefully all will remain well. Good for you with weight loss too! How are you doing it?

Jess so sorry for what you have gone through and are going through with the girls. Have you found a therapist? I saw you mention you were looking for one. I hope that you give yourself credit. You are so strong and seem like such a great mommy.

Amy I'm thinking of you! So are you completely taking this month off? So glad the new acu is working out and bringing you happiness. I wish I could afford it myself. How often do you go?

Lisa glad you are feeling well and that you had a good time at your shower. Hope the good feelings continue.

Jen have you tested? Seems like it could be a good idea just in case because of symptoms and the fact that you are NTNP right?

CD 27 today. We stopped BDing around 21 because I was just feeling stressed about it but hopefully it's enough. So AF could arrive up until around Saturday the 1st unless it's like last month, I had a thought of buying tests ans testing Super Bowl Sunday because if it was good then it would give DH another reason to be happy ( well me too of course) . He loves Super Bowl and football. I watched last weekend as well even though I was pretty bored. DH wanted the 49ers to win also oh well.he is a Chicago bears fan though.
Anyway I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->