ttc after a d&c

Oh and Lisa, I can't imagine how difficult it is to recover from a C-section but I want to let you know that it will get better. Promise. In the meantime I know that you are enjoying Elena.
Soon you will be looking back at her newborn pictures and getting misty eyed because they grow so quickly. The newborn stage feels like it is gone in a blink.

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z390/taisiatuamagia/58f955602614687e3837d7c4de73b18e_zps6faccae2.jpg

Also will share a pic since I haven't in a while. We bought L a high chair even though we aren't doing solids until 6 months. She likes to sit in it with her rattles and watch me wash the dishes. This kid is getting big!

How adorable is Lorelei. I love her long hair sticking up in th back. She is a cutie! :flower:

Sophia is cruising...oh boy she is really taking off! I bet she is just trying to catch her big sisters!

Laura ~ How is Simon taking to his leg cast and stander?

Bethany ~ Look at that baby girl! Too sweet! She is all smiles, so precious! As for ttc, I understand waiting until after your wisdom teeth are out (so you can take the pain meds), but why wait 2 cycles? I say strike while that iron is hot, especially if your DH is around :bunny:.

Hope everyone has a great Paddy's Day Weekend! Going to attempt to put P in his crib, he has been asleep next to me for +30 min! G'nite (maybe!).

I just signed up for Citrus Lane (monthly age appropriate packages). Have any of you heard of it? It'll be like Christmas once a month! :xmas10:

I'm also on the hunt for a good flouride free infant toothpaste...thought I'd see if y'all had any suggestions? Jack & Jill is supposed to be good (an Aussie product Lisa).

angel jack n jill is great flouride free tp! i recommend it!

lisa congrats! elena is gorgeous! i hope ur recovery goes ok. strong mommy♡

laura its not addictive. its a liquid. its safer then antiseizure meds. they take thc out of plant. i hope simon out grows it thou. hes sooo cute!

jess a cruiser straight to walking!!?! wow how advanced! :)

bethany lorelie is gorgeous and looks sooo happy with daddy! so glad hes home! enjoy!♡

leslie and amy cheering u on! bfps must be coming. we need two miracle babies♡

i feel like i havent any me time. starting to get sad aboutit too.

Hey
Was at a wedding yest.
Um caught up but will post properly tomoro xxx
Love to all

Thanks Jen! Love that you're our resident hygienist! Sorry you aren't getting any you-time :hugs: Better weather is just around the corner, sunshine should cheer you up!

Laura ~ Do the children get to go to weddings as well?

Leslie & Amy :bunny: :dust: :bunny:

Angel. Yup.
No way would I let simon with anyone.he was goid as gold.
I can feel edge in 2 places on Simons lower gums.
So I think he has 2 teeth?
He wont let me check upper gums.
Mom said if it was still below gum I wouldn't feel ir
I thought I would know when he got teeth.
Kinda thought it woyld be obvious but..... ;-)
We r in good form.
He still having episodes
Hve hosp wed.

I didnt post much for few days cos I was gloomy.
Mom fell from epulepsy and got black eye and stitches on her forehead.
She is ok but battered ;-)
The weddung and getting dressed up and out of house cheered me up.
Tired now though.
Snuggled in bed with munchkin.

Hey all, sorry I haven't been posting. I've kinda lost the need to post, not really sure where I belong. I took my daughter out on her birthday yesterday to get her hair done since she is 12 I also got my hair done and my eyebrows done, I needed to feel female again, pretty.

On the plus side the last couple days have been pretty good. I feel like I have more energy. I got a BFN on a digi Friday. I have mixed feelings, one one side Im excited the next BFP I see will be real, on the other side Im sad my baby is forever all the way gone.

I've been getting cramps. but my OPK is still pretty light. I normally O around cd 17-18 and Im on 14 now so we will see

Attachments

• 1017722_745873442099109_186851966_n.jpg
    1017722_745873442099109_186851966_n.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
Hey Ladies,
Im home and feeling somewhat alive today!! Apologies if anything doesn't make sense... my brain still doesn't work.

So day of birth... we went in for the c section quite early at about 8:30 am. Took a bit longer than a normal c section but everything went well. Everyone was very calm in the operating theatre. The doctors were really nice. There was like 25 people in the room which was a little overwhelming but only a few of them ever talked to me so i barely knew they were there. I lost about 1.1 litres of blood which is a lot but not enough for a transfusion. She barely cried when she came out but she was happy and healthy and i got to see her about 5 minutes later. They tried to put her on me on the table but it didn't really work so Dad held her for the hour i think it took them to close me up. They had a bit of trouble removing the extra bit of placenta but all is fine. The gave me an extra strong drug to contract my uterus which made me projectile vomit across the room (p.s is very hard to throw up laying down with nothing in your stomach!! :haha:)

Healing is going a lot better than what i thought. Im barely on any pain meds and they are just weak ones. I have excess separation of my stomach muscles so i need physio for that.

We ended up having to supplement her with formula because she wouldn't latch and my supply wasn't good. I have a few things stacked up against me breastfeeding... excess blood loss, slightly inverted nipples, breast implants and she was very mucousy from being a c section baby. Now on day 5 we have a 1 1/2 hour feeding routine every 4 hours which consists of trying to breastfeed, giving her expressed milk from last feed express and giving her a top up of formula as required and then expressing for next feed. This morning though we have had the best feed yet... first time i got her to latch on the right side and my milk supply is finally coming in good.

And my angel.... well she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I could not be happier. She is just perfect!!!! Besides for the difficulties feeding she is the best. She just sleeps until feed times. She only cries if she can't latch and not very much. She is so calm and happy and beautiful!!!
She was 3.2kg (7pounds) they said if she went full term she probably would have been 4kg (9pounds).

I now know i have the best fiance in the world!! He has been so amazing through all of this. He's so hands and and is taking care of everything. Even the midwives were saying how amazing he was. I would be an absolute mess right now without him. Because of him everything is going well and mum and baby and happy!

Heres some pics of Elena Emily!! <3

Attachments

• minutesafterbirth.jpg
    minutesafterbirth.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7
  • milkdrunk.jpg
    milkdrunk.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 7
  • proudmum.jpg
    proudmum.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
  • sleeping.jpg
    sleeping.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 5
  • dadandelena.jpg
    dadandelena.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 8
Mommyof2peas, so sorry for your loss. :nope: It is good that you got to have time for you and your daughter, we all need a little girl time once in a while. You and your daughter are gorgeous and your children look so lovely in your avatar pic. I have 3 daughters, my oldest is turning 14 on Thursday of next week. My middle daughter is 8 and my youngest is almost 9 months old. I lost my 4th little girl in August of 2012 when I was 19 weeks along. :nope: Very very hard time, had to give birth to her and everything but had no little girl to take home. The reassuring thing is even though I was so far along when I miscarried, I got pregnant just 2 months later. It was a tough pregnancy, had a placental abruption at 36.5 weeks (nothing to do with my prior mc) so they did an emergency induction, but thank God she is doing great now. I am sure you will be blessed with your rainbow baby in no time. So sorry for the pain you are going through. :hugs:

Lisa, I must sincerely say that Elena is one of the most beautiful newborns I have laid eyes on. She is absolutely gorgeous reminds me of those pictures of cherub babies! And the pic with your OH and Elena is priceless! And what a healthy weight! They are right, Elena probably would have been 9lbs!! I am so happy the c-section went smoothly and you didn't need a transfusion. Its great that you are healing so well and don't feel bad about supplementing, you have been through a lot this past week with a major operation and with all of the blood loss. Great that you are making such an effort to bf. :hugs: and congratulations on your precious Elena.

Laura, I am so sorry for the rough time your mother is having. Does she live close to you? Is she on any medicine for the epilepsy? It must have been scary to fall and end up needing stitches. :nope: I hope she has a speedy recovery. So, did Simon have fun at the wedding? I'm sure he got tons of attention. As for the teeth, I can't even feel edges of teeth in Sophie's mouth but I can see the 2 bottom teeth just starting to break through. I can see 2 swollen bumps on her upper gums but thats all, no teeth yet. She gets mad when I try and check so I am thinking the area is probably sore and tender. Her personality had totally changed this week. She is unusually irritable, extremely active, she only wants to stand and try to walk and she seems to be a dare devil. On top of everything else, she is refusing naps and having a tough time going to sleep. I am thinking the teething is partly to blame but also since she is very mobile she just wants to explore everything she can. Gosh I hope our los get their teeth soon! :hugs: to you and Simon!

Angel, I just had a huge message for you and bnb logged me out!! Grrrrr!! Yay to Simon getting his first tooth. Sounds like he is handing teething very well! Sophie has no sharp edges whatsoever. But boy does she chew everything in site. She has a thing for shoes. I keep catching her taking off her shoes and attempting to chew them. She throws a fit when I take the shoes away. Maybe I should try to find a teether that looks like a shoe.lol. She is also fascinated by tv controlers and wants to play with them, she gets a tantrum when I take it away. Maybe I should find a baby toy version of a tv controler? Haha. Oh and thank you for the suggestion on the Citrus Lane care packages. I think I will order one for Sophie. :hugs: to you and Simon.

Jen, sorry you haven't had time for yourself. I understand completely how you feel. I have been neglecting myself the past years. Try to find time for yourself hon, you need time for you. Its very important. Everybody needs a break once in a while. Do you have anybody who can babysit Zoey so you and your dh can have a date night or so you can have some time for yourself? :hugs: to you and Zoey!

Leslie, I hope your having a peaceful weekend with your dh. Are you going to use the opks this cycle? How is he feeling with the sa results? Are you going to start clomid or continue without medicine? This might sound a little weird, but I heard that if a man "unloads" like 2 days before bding, it could help with the swimmer count. Not sure if there is any truth to that but I guess its possible? Fx for you and your dh this cycle and big :hugs: for you.

Amy, I hope you are recovering well from the flu and that you will be all better again for ttc time. Looks like you are a few days away from ov time. Are you going to see the acu lady before that? She really seems to know what she is doing. So happy for the good chemistry between both of you, she really seems to care for you and want to help you to get closer to having your rainbow baby. :hugs: hon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->