ttc after a d&c

Charlie sorry forgot to add.
No complications here.
Af took 5.5 weeks after to arrive which is average
Varies person to person how llong.
If god forbid I had mmc again.
Hopefully never.
I woyld opt for d and c again.
I had been 3 weeks and not a hint of natural mc.

Charlie ~ Sorry for your loss :hugs: I had a natural mc and a D&C. The benefit of the D&C is it was all done, no waiting with minimal cramps. It took me a full 24 hours to shake the anesthetics, but from the comfort of home. The natural was painful (cramping, bleeding), it was a rough day that I wasn't expecting. So you could say both put me down for a full day, but the D&C was planned, so no surprise. After my natural mc, my period returned on time (28 days from the hard day). After my D&C it took over 5 weeks of utter limbo to come. Either way, my Dr said to wait until I had one period and I was clear to try again. Again, sorry you are having this experience, but I'm glad you found us. We're a very open group, so ask away! :howdy: I'm Angel.

Laura ~ Simon had to go to the hospital??? Is he ok? Has his appetite increased? Are you ok?? xoxo

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences lilesmum and Angel. I think when considering looking after a toddler I think a planned D&C is the preferable option. I don't really mind waiting until June to TTC as when I conceived last time I was breastfeeding and my cycles were not right, so I want to see what my body is up to with the regular hormones happening!

Good luck at your scan tomorrow Charlie.

Speaking of scans, Lisa any news?

Amy ~ :hugs: Darn witch!

Leslie ~ How are you? How's CD34 going?

Hi Charlie, Sorry for your loss :hugs:
I had a d&c and i did have some pain and excessive bleeding afterwards. I had scans but they couldn't find anything. I waited two cycles because my first AF after was not normal and it was quite painful. I got pregnant first try as soon as we started trying again.
I would also have another d&c if i had another mmc. I would want it over and done with rather than waiting for it to happen naturally and dealing with the emotions of that.

Laura, Poor Simon... did they do anything for him in hospital or just kept an eye on him? You would think they would give you something to sleep on. :hugs:

Jess, Men!!! Im sorry you can't trust him... that must be a horrible feeling! i wish we could all be there to support you in person.
I hope Sophia's rash improves soon!

Angel, hows are you and lil man going? Any word about when DH will be home?

AFM - Elena is being a bit fussy during the day at the moment. Not really crying but grunting and fussing. Not sure whats up with her... i was thinking its gas but I'm not sure. So hard to try and work out what they want sometimes!! I wonder if I'm eating something thats upsetting her... i only give her breast milk about every 3rd or 4th feed (thats how many expresses it takes to get a full feed).
Also the lactation medication I'm on isn't doing anything other than giving me a head ache and upsetting my stomach. Im about to give up on expressing too!! :(

Angel, no news yet... still waiting on the hospital to call for an appointment and i have my follow up ultrasound on the 7th. Bleeding is slowing down though.

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me posting on here. I found out last week that I have had a mmc, I have no signs of imminent misscarriage and am off to EPU tomorrow for a re scan. I am considering a d&c now as I have a 17 month old to look after and it's only me and my OH. However I am getting on in age and really want to TTC again. I am happy to wait until June to do this but no more, what were you advised about TTC after your d&c? Did you have any complications after?

Again sorry for butting in, but I guess you are a good audience for my questions!

Thanks for reading

x

Hi , Charlie. So sorry for your mmc hon. I had never heard of a mmc until I had my own mc in Aug '12. At 19 weeks pregnant I found out my little girl died. The very next day I had a traumatic mc, and had to have an emergency d&c that same day because of excess hemorrhaging due to a retained placenta. I was told to wait 3 cycles and got pregnant 2 months after my mc . I didn't want to wait due to getting older... I was 32 at the time and had my beautiful rainbow baby Sophia who is now 9 months (she is my avatar pic) when i was 33. I think it all depends on you, if you want to wait to ttc again. Although in my case I did wait the 2 months because of how far along I was when I mc, and also for time to heal physically and emotionally. But now I can tell you from experience I was not nearly ready mentally or physically. I probably should have waited longer because of how far along I was. I think a lot of docs tell women to wait to ttc after mc so they can heal and also for dating reasons. Hopefully they can give you some advice or answers tomorrow. Take care and again, so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Hi ladies. Sophie finally got to see a doc today and we picked a good ped for her also. He says she has a yeast infection and prescribed her some niystatin cream and also hydrocortisone cream. She also got some of the shots she is late for and now she is almost up to date. Shes in the 90th percentile for everything so shes growing great. He said she looks very precocious. Couldn't tell she was born early and was impressed that shes walking. So thank God she is doing good. He told me I look like I worry too much. I guess its obvious.lol. She has huge knots in her legs from the shots. Shes very fussy. I got to go for now. I'll be back later. Big :hugs:!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences lilesmum and Angel. I think when considering looking after a toddler I think a planned D&C is the preferable option. I don't really mind waiting until June to TTC as when I conceived last time I was breastfeeding and my cycles were not right, so I want to see what my body is up to with the regular hormones happening!

u should be well back to normal cycles by june hon.
best of luck , let us know how u get on if u can xx
hope ur holding up alright xx
bet ur toddler is taking ur mind off things :)
like angel said feel free if u have any qs or wanna chat or anything.x

Laura ~ Simon had to go to the hospital??? Is he ok? Has his appetite increased? Are you ok?? xoxo

we were only in for a night
i had to give him rescue meds twice in a day, he has only had um twice ever before.
i rang hosp and they said bring him up, they admitted him to be safe.
but seemed like a freaky day , he is much better again.
he had very little sleep the nt before so could have been that.
tiredness brings um on.
they often do sleep deprivation for eeg tests to bring on fits on purpose.
i also gave him strawberry again , htinking back on it ,
it could be a food trigger for him cos last time he had it , i thought he was funny too.
no more starwberry until he can talk just in case :)
had another med increase in hosp, slight but might just do it.
and some blood tests and stuff so he is fine.
im fine too,
delighted to sleep in my bed and not on the floor :)
he just went nearly 24 hrs without one and even then only had extremly mild one, so maybe its working at last.
appetite is still crappy but not as bad.
might be a bit from teeth as well,
then when he doesnt eat, lack of food to weight down milk drives reflux bananas.
he might be just startin to get used to new med as well.
they do say it has an 'adjustment period'
nice words for screws ur baby up for a bit :)
hows p? xx
how r u? xx

Laura, Poor Simon... did they do anything for him in hospital or just kept an eye on him? You would think they would give you something to sleep on. :hugs:

AFM - Elena is being a bit fussy during the day at the moment. Not really crying but grunting and fussing. Not sure whats up with her... i was thinking its gas but I'm not sure. So hard to try and work out what they want sometimes!! I wonder if I'm eating something thats upsetting her... i only give her breast milk about every 3rd or 4th feed (thats how many expresses it takes to get a full feed).
Also the lactation medication I'm on isn't doing anything other than giving me a head ache and upsetting my stomach. Im about to give up on expressing too!! :(

thanks hon xx
see above post for simon and hosp :)

it could very well be food or gas hon.
have u tried or do ye have infacol?
it worked great for simon.
u just dropper some into their mouth before a feed
i still give it to simon, he loves it, laps it up (orange flavour )
it joins up gas bubbles in their tummy to make it easier to break wind.
really works.
also i switched to comfort milk cos its easier for them to digest.
i was combi feeding and i think this helped a lot.
but if u do switch comfort milk is thicker so u may have to thicken ur breast milk for her.
she has had weeks of goodness from u now hon,
dont feel bad if u need to stop expressing.
i stopped after 2 months cos of his reflux and cos i was exhausted from looking after simon , me , the house and expressing :)
its very time consuming cos u have all the work of bottles and bf with none of that advantages bar lo gettin the milk.
simon continued to grow super fast and has never gotten sick ( apart from epilepsy, non related entirely ) so i dont think he has suffered at all from the change over.
i have 4 nieces and nephews in one of my familys who were totally bf and are always sick :)
also have a sis with 2 who were bf and never sick :)
so ... my rambly way of saying i dont think it matters which milk in a way xx
i would have preferred if bf worked for us but it didnt and simon is totally fine ;)
there are advantages to bottles too :)
no embarrassing boobs out in public being my main one,
im shy enough like that :)

might be no harm to elevate her head slightly in pram and cot.
just put something small under matress , like slim cushion or something.
u can buy wedges but i dont think u need to spend the money.
a pillow under cot matress does same job :)
might be slight reflux,
lots of babies have reflux, its normal for um.
most grow out in no time and it causes no trouble for them.
but if it was a touch of it, then putting her at a slight slant to sleep might help.
also keep upright for 20 mins after feeds.

hope ur bleeding goes away soon hon xx
i bled heavily for a good bit of time too.
not as long as u are though.
the expressing used to make it gush :)
sorry tmi :)

Hi ladies. Sophie finally got to see a doc today and we picked a good ped for her also. He says she has a yeast infection and prescribed her some niystatin cream and also hydrocortisone cream. She also got some of the shots she is late for and now she is almost up to date. Shes in the 90th percentile for everything so shes growing great. He said she looks very precocious. Couldn't tell she was born early and was impressed that shes walking. So thank God she is doing good. He told me I look like I worry too much. I guess its obvious.lol. She has huge knots in her legs from the shots. Shes very fussy. I got to go for now. I'll be back later. Big :hugs:!!

great she got sorted hon xx
mommy always knows best :)
she should be right as rain in no time now xx
worry be gone :)
if only it were that easy :) xxx
hugs xx

Hi ladies happy Friday!
Will have to catch up soon but wanted to update.
No AF for me yet...12dpo. Although as I said before I kind of question the opk this month and may have ovulated later. Can you actually have a different LP month to month? If nothing tomorrow I am going to test with a cheapy and see where that goes. I do feel as I did last month before AF graced me with her presense so I'm thinking she will be right around the corner.
Hope everyone is doing well!

Now that I'm more awake I am thinking...I actually had a dream that I got AF! Nightmare huh ?;)

Laura, I hope Simon's adjusted meds does the trick for calming his seizures. Gosh, what a great mommy you are, sleeping on the floor just to be near your little boy. I was just thinking, Simon is going to be turning 1 at the end of next month! Has it almost been a year already? Where has the time gone??!! Forgot to mentioned, I took Sophie off the solids for almost 2 months, terrified of food allergies, so I was giving her pure formula with rice milk added. Doc said I did the right thing, just incase she was infact allergic to food. He gave me he ok to continue with her solids. But he did suggest I not give her any acidic or citrus fruits or any dairy including yoghurt, cheese of milk until she is at least 12 months. Since she has a very sensitive tummy. Anyways, what surprised me is since Sophie hasn't been eating solids for 2 months and for those same 2 months she has been crawling and now walking around she has gone down from 24lbs to 22lbs! I was worried but doc said she is still in 90th percentile and stopping with the solids along with her activity is probably why she is lighter. I guess constantly moving around is slimming her down. Hopefully now that she is gonna start up on solids again, there will be no more weight loss and slower but steady weight gain. Whats weird is that she is still growing out of all her clothes and has huge thunder thighs.lol. Here I am rambling now.lol.

Leslie, u could test but even if you get bfn, its still early. A lot people don't get bfps at 12 dpo. Boo to the af nightmare! Lets hope its just a bad dream. :hugs:

Jess I'm going to test at 13dpo but the reason why it's not terribly early is because last month I got AF at 10dpo. Maybe that was a fluke though

Hi ladies happy Friday!
Will have to catch up soon but wanted to update.
No AF for me yet...12dpo. Although as I said before I kind of question the opk this month and may have ovulated later. Can you actually have a different LP month to month? If nothing tomorrow I am going to test with a cheapy and see where that goes. I do feel as I did last month before AF graced me with her presense so I'm thinking she will be right around the corner.
Hope everyone is doing well!

fx for u hon xx
i would imagine it prob can vary?
but im guessing
i don t think opks would sell so well if it couldnt vary?
but total guess xx
hoping ur nightmare doesnt come true xx

jess im just starting to test yoghurt again.
cos his new med is crushable tablet and thats what they recommend to mix with it
ive been mixing it with fruit puree which seems ok
but i know he would take it easier in yoghurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back