ttc after a d&c

I have Simon on his cot for first night in months
Its right beside me. I can see him and tough him
But I can't sleep cos I'm not cuddling him
Sad!!!!!
I know he us getting uncomfortable in bed
Too cramped and hot but I miss him!

Aww :hugs: Laura. You can always cuddle with your OH, I bet he'd love it :bunny: So you'll have one more year of Carer's pay, is there something that starts after that ends?

1yr and 4 months ;-)
Hopefully should get carers,allowance after that.
The on I'm on now is carers benefit
My job is open for me after those 2 yrs
But prob not with the other one.
Chance I might not get it
But I really should
How ye doin Xx
Munchkin back in beside meb
Baby steps ;-)

Angel, me, my mom and brothers all live very close by, once city away actually. But believe it or not I have not seen my older brother since Sophia was 2 weeks old. He actually made quite a bit of trouble the last time he came over. Imagine that, after the ordeal I went through with Sophia in the NICU he came over and insulted everybody in the house including my husband and made me cry. So I haven't seen him since. He seems to have a grudge against everybody who is somewhat happy. My mom is the only one who tolerates him, but then again he is her son and she feels bad for him because he is almost 41 and no where getting married or having kids. I haven't been able to get an appointment for Sophie's shots believe it or not, the doc is booked and it is hell getting an appointment so hopefully I can get her in next week. And believe it or not the appointment line is always busy and we have waited up to 2 hours (no joke) just to try and get through and we can't. This is for the new insurance we were given through "obamacare". This problem is new for us and quite annoying. Pierce does look so cuddly in his pics. I am not quite able to cuddle Sophia, she never sits still and when she does she is still very fidgety. So far I have noticed she is not very affectionate, I have read that some babies start giving affection a little older so hopefully that will be the case. I am very affectionate by nature so I am thinking maybe she is just a late bloomer (hopefully) or maybe she just won't be very affectionate. Another thing is even though she is almost 27 lbs. she does look big but she seems to hide her weight well. lol. Hopefully that works to her benefit when she grows up if she happens to carry a few extra pounds lol. She is very tall too and is very active so maybe that is why she looks lean to me. I am not too sure if you mentioned Angel, but is your dh coming home soon? Have any special plans for when he comes back?

Angel, ouch about the clogged duct. That is one thing I have never experienced due to lack of milk production but it sounds very painful. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Laura, I have the same issue when Sophie is in her crib. I got so use to her sleeping in between dh and I that even when she actually actually stays asleep in her crib I always find an excuse to get her back in the bed. hehe. I have this fear that something will happen to her in her crib. Some of the fear is warranted because there have been times she has waken up in the middle or the night and stands up half asleep and is in danger of banging her head, and she has had her share of head bangs. How is Simon doing these days. Is he doing Physical Therapy? How is he doing in his stander? I am trying to give Sophia regular formula (the one with lactose) and it looks like I might have to switch back over to sensitive again because she has been very cranky, gassy, and diarrhea. It sucks because I was hoping to start her on whole milk or goats milk soon, but it looks like she might not be ready. I just hope this milk issue will go away as she gets older.

Lisa, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you and beautiful Elena are doing great. :flower:

Amy, hope you enjoy your time with your family. Does your brother live in Cali also? Hope your dad gets better soon. :hugs:

:hugs: Leslie. Hope this cycle brings you good news hon. How are you and your dh doing?

Hey Jess xxx
Im afraid Simon will start seizures again, choke from reflux
Or bang his head or suffocate
No wonder I brought him back in ;-)
He sleeps on a wedge and keeps rolling off it to side and,banging his head
If he falls to left he can pushe back
But if he falls to right he can't so....
I thunk cot is for when I'm awake just in case
After seeing how smiley and cuddly he was when I brought him back to bed.
We still not had vaccine for a yr, cos he isn't better
Heating to doc again now
His big toe is completely red
Think infection from his nail
God ur insurance thing sounds very frustrating xxx
Simon is doing well at physio
Using his stander twice a day now
40 mins,and 20 mins.
He is much stronger and more in control of his body.
Thanks for asking xxx
Hope all's well with ye xxx

I forgot as regards milk I'm not worried
U can live perfectly without it ;-)
I'm not gonna try switch for at least 6 months more
He does have tiny bit yoghurt and cheese now
Seems ok on it now
But hard to tell guys reflux is so crappy
Gonna try motilium for him
Rambling sorry ;-)

Laura how sweet you ended up snuggling with Simon! You really do have a lot to consider regarding him sleeping, so why not tuck him where he is the safest (aka next to you)! He is doing so well in his stander! Good job Momma! As for food, you have to do what is best for Simon and his reflux. I thought cow's milk was more for them to keep up calories & protein, both can be found in other foods, right? If so, they really can go without. Pierce loves Greek yogurt...we share a container every night. As for nursing, I want to wean at 1 year old. I've read the hardest one is going to be the night nursing, so I'm not looking forward to it. My goal is to be done done by Black Friday (Nov).

Jess ~ Sorry to hear about your brother, that's sad. I've 2 older brothers and we aren't close. I think it's mostly because we lead very different lifestyles, don't have the same interests...c'est la vie! :flow: I can't believe its so hard to get Soph in for her shots! Can you switch offices?

Got to run! AV guy is here...having new TV's installed/mounted for my DH for Father's Day!

Very smart Father's Day gift Angel. Men love their tv's! I never thought about getting dh that, thanks for the idea!

You are doing such a great job Laura! You do everything in your power to protect your baby. How great that Simon spends so much time in his stander. You are right about them being just fine without the milk. :flower:

Angel I've given up on cot again.
We like snuggling anyway
Would like to cuddle,oh too but...cest la vie
Aw nice pressie
I'm stumped for my dad and oh ;-)
My niece,kept,night feeds for ages after day weaning
Go at a pace ye can both live with
She was very glad recently she still feeds him
He was sick and all he would have was Boob :-D

You are doing such a great job Laura! You do everything in your power to protect your baby. How great that Simon spends so much time in his stander. You are right about them being just fine without the milk. :flower:

Thanks,jess xxx
How r u,and urs xxx

Angel I've given up on cot again.
We like snuggling anyway
Would like to cuddle,oh too but...cest la vie
Aw nice pressie
I'm stumped for my dad and oh ;-)
My niece,kept,night feeds for ages after day weaning
Go at a pace ye can both live with
She was very glad recently she still feeds him
He was sick and all he would have was Boob :-D

Thank you for the insight on weaning. The lactation consultants here help you get started, are super encouraging, even make house calls, but they're of no use when it comes to stopping! :dohh: I won't be in a rush as you've suggested. And sleeping cuddles are great! My DH says he is going to be sure Pierce gets back in his crib in HIS room all night...noooo!

Jess ~ Father's Day is tricky. It's DH's 1st so I'm trying to do things he will remember :thumbsup: I also got him iconic Father's Day gifts a tie, a wallet and a Dad coffee mug!

TGIF!

Leslie ~ Did you decide to use OPKs or not?

Jen ~ :cake: It's almost Zoey's birthday! Can't believe it's been a year! :cake:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->