TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

No problem, hun! I just want to be sure that you get the best care possible! I know how frustrating it is! :hugs:

DH and I just been OMG'ing at your doctor's prices Megg!!!! :wacko:

All hail the mighty british NHS!!!!! I'm feeling very lucky that we can get it for free

:rofl: Yeah! Like I said, I don't see any of that usually! I knew the overseas gals would get a kick out of it though! The pic is to prove it, as no one would have believed me that they charge so much! LOL Now you all can see why it actually *IS* a good deal that we pay about $220/mo plus $1000/year deductible and only 20% after that! Its very confusing. Some things are covered 100%. Others only 80%. Like, IVF would be 80%. I'm okay with that though! LOL

hey US girls, how does your health system and insurance work over there?

Watch out ladies, Im 6dpo and armed and dangerous again, FRER's arrived in the mail today!:rofl:

DH and I just been OMG'ing at your doctor's prices Megg!!!! :wacko:

All hail the mighty british NHS!!!!! I'm feeling very lucky that we can get it for free

Amen to that! :happydance:

The prices they charge are mad and its taking advantage of the fact people will be willing to pay it to get better.

Watch out ladies, Im 6dpo and armed and dangerous again, FRER's arrived in the mail today!:rofl:

Uh oh! LOL

hey US girls, how does your health system and insurance work over there?

Ooh! I'll try and keep cynicism to a minimum! LOL Fighting the urge to say, "How does it work? IT DOESN'T WORK!"

Uhm... Sadly, there is NO system to speak of. Everyone else seems to have clear cut rules on how to get from A to B to C to D! We don't really have that. Each doctor tends to make up his/her own rules. There is a really high rate of frivolous lawsuits against doctors here, so they have to pay outrageous malpractice premiums and prefer to pass us off to the next sucker so they can dodge the lawsuit bullet.

Even though we pay them, they still somehow get to act like they pay us. There's a major sense of "high and mighty" with them because they know they have us over a barrel. And, they have enough patients that they don't need us at all. There will always be someone else there to pay them if one of us decides to move on.

Some "require" referrals. Some put you on waiting lists. Some won't take you without insurance.

Insurance is another story. Insurance is generally a health plan that has a few parts. There is the premium... a monthly fee to have the plan. There is the deductible... a yearly dollar amount that must be met prior to some of the coverage kicking in. There are co-payments... a dollar amount that we pay while the plan covers the rest. There is coverage percentage... how much of given procedures that the plan pays. There are rules regarding what the plan pays... and that's REALLY confusing! Our premium is $220/mo. Our deductible is $1000/year, per person. Our co-pay is $30 for office visits, $175 for ER visits, and either $10, $20, or $35 on prescriptions. I'm lucky enough to have a plan that covers things that most plans don't cover. Most won't cover infertility at all. Mine does. I won't even BEGIN to explain why mine covers it when others don't. Talk about confusing!!!

I'm sure I'm leaving out large portions of info. I'd be happy to answer specific questions! Ask away!

OMG.. I really must check in on you all far more frequently 'cos so much as has happened!

Shannon.. sorry, wish it could have been different for you and Puppy... hope u aren't out and your hcgs surge!

Raz... totally with you ... and i thought it was just me that felt like that! LOL

Megg... you continue to amaze me with your fertility knowledge! Haven't seen the PMA Truck for a while.. lets get it out again... think it needs to pay a visit to Raz! LOL

WannaB.... you get peeing girl!

PMA truck can head straight to Raz tomorrow! Tonight... Tonight its 3:26am!

Thanks, btw! I'm always happy to answer questions too. Don't anyone ever hesitate to ask me anything!

You are a love Megg xx

What the heck are you doing up at 3.26 am young lady??? Go to bed and get some sleep! LOL

You're still online meggles!!!!!

The insurance/doctor thingie sounds complicated Megg!!!! We do have private medical care over here too, you can choose to pay, or have insurance too, but you are usually treated very well for the money, we took our son down the private route when he was little and needed an op and the nhs waiting list was 18 months long!!! It was worth every penny, and they operated on him the next day!

Sleepy time for you hun x

I've got a question for you megg!
What the he'll is this "healthcare reform bill" that all us Brits keep hearing about on the news?
How will this affect all you lovely US ladies?
Is it a change for the better or worse?
Thankies!!!

Well we pay privately for our insurance and it does not cover any fertility treatments at all. For insurance on me and my husband only (my ex covers the kids) it costs us over $500 per month and we have a $1500 deductiable and then we have to pay a 20% co insurance and then they will cover 100%. We had to change our plans (just making a higher deductiable) to make our monthly premium go down because it had gone up to $700 per month! Crazy! From my dnc and certain tests that have been done, we still owe about $2000 that we are still paying on. :wacko:

Yup take it down. I am not sure if I had one or not, or what the hell is going on with my damn body. Ill take it off of my sig soon too.

WannaB ..that was three tests that gave me faint lines and then one gave me a darker line that everyone could see. It is weird.

What is making you think that you didn't have a loss hun?

Her blood work came back showing her LH at ovulatory peak levels... which strongly suggests that she hasn't even ovulated yet and couldn't have been pregnant. FF also took the crosshairs off her chart. So, it would seem that the blood work is speaking the truth. Very late ovulation is common for her, so it seems really likely that there was something wonky with the tests. Damn stupid tests! I hate how they mess with us!

Shan - If you're reading this... I hope I didn't step out of bounds by answering. I just thought you might be taking a break from BnB since I haven't seen you on today! :hugs:

!

Ahhh I see I must have missed that post so I was wondering what had happened.
[/QUOTE]

It was interesting to see the levels for LH because my ov sticks never get quite positive - close but not quite so I guess it's possibly the tests I use as my chart clearly shows ovulation after the "positive"

:rofl: Yeah! Like I said, I don't see any of that usually! I knew the overseas gals would get a kick out of it though! The pic is to prove it, as no one would have believed me that they charge so much! LOL Now you all can see why it actually *IS* a good deal that we pay about $220/mo plus $1000/year deductible and only 20% after that! Its very confusing. Some things are covered 100%. Others only 80%. Like, IVF would be 80%. I'm okay with that though! LOL

I suppose that at least the IVF thing is good. NHS only covers one lot of IVF (and that's if you qualify) and then you have to pay the whole thing yourself.

Well we pay privately for our insurance and it does not cover any fertility treatments at all. For insurance on me and my husband only (my ex covers the kids) it costs us over $500 per month and we have a $1500 deductiable and then we have to pay a 20% co insurance and then they will cover 100%. We had to change our plans (just making a higher deductiable) to make our monthly premium go down because it had gone up to $700 per month! Crazy! From my dnc and certain tests that have been done, we still owe about $2000 that we are still paying on. :wacko:

That's just ridiculous. How does anyone afford that. It really makes me appreciate the NHS.

I have private health care too because I have a hereditary back problem which will need operating on so I want to go private and have the best guy in the country for that but other than that as much as we moan about the NHS I guess we have it pretty good really.

Yes what Megg said. Not sure even though I felt pregnant. My body is being weird and confusing me so much :wacko:

I dont have insurance and I do see bills. I wish we had a decent health care system in the US.

I DO have insurance and I still see crazy bills. My pediatrician is closed on Wednesdays, and my 4 year old had pinkeye on a Wednesday last month. If I took her there, it would have been a $20 co-pay. Took her to Urgent Care, waited an obscene 2 hours just to be seen, paid a $20 co-pay, and then got a bill for another $78!!!

And don't get me started on ambulance fees. When she was 1 she had croup and had difficulty breathing. They transferred her from Urgent Care to the hospital, exactly 6 miles away...$750!!!! (That is AFTER insurance paid a portion!) I could have taken a limo for less than that amount! They didn't even administer anything to her in the ambulance, it was strictly transport.

Girls I will be off bnb for a while. My dh ex gf who walked into our home last year and assaulted us.. well she has posed as one of the people on bnb in the crazy thread .. She has been stalking me. I feel so sick to my stomach.

Girls I will be off bnb for a while. My dh ex gf who walked into our home last year and assaulted us.. well she has posed as one of the people on bnb in the crazy thread .. She has been stalking me. I feel so sick to my stomach.

OMG! I am so sorry! I know how sick you must feel! Is there anything you can do to stop her from stalking you? That is horrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->