TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

Dawny, opks will pick up the preg hormone hcg as well as luteneising hormone for ovulation. HPTs will only detect HCG. So an OPK can show positive for ovulation as well as sometimes positive for pregnancy. But the HPT will only test positive for pregnancy.

At least that's what i read when i was trying to figure stuff out after my m/c!

Hope that helps!

Fairy xx

I say pee on an HPT, Dawn... if neg, treat this as ov!

I forgot to say we had :sex: this morning and ever since have been spotting brown until just now when I saw pink on wiping I know opk's can work as both but when using fmu I thought opk's were unlikely to pick up the surge? X

Its hard to say... Some people can pick up their surge with FMU, Dawn. As a rule, its not the BEST time, but its possible.

Amos, I am so sorry for your loss hunni :hugs: Its nice to see you back and I know so many others are happy your here. I hope that things sort themselves. Please dont give up. x

I never knew you could get a positive opk if pregnant???? Damn I learn something new every day!!!

I hope to ov around the 7th Oct....God I hope so. I'm still having the mother of all first af's after mc so not sure if that means there will be a delay?????

:dust:

Thanks Megg im unsure too especially with the spotting but that could be from the sex this morning will have to see on friday I hope x

Good Luck Dawny. I am on day 60ish something myself and got a positive opk the other day. My chart and my body are making me angry. I feel hot and feel like I ovd already. But my temps say no. I had ewcm for 5 days before hand as well...

I never knew you could get a positive opk if pregnant???? Damn I learn something new every day!!!

:dust:

My first sign that I was pregnant was a + OPK....I had no idea when I was ovulating after my misscarriage so I dipped an OPK to see if I had any LH in my system. Then I dipped a few days later because my AF still had not come after the MC and sure enough it was way more + then it had been. So I thought Ok well I surely can not be OV 4 weeks after the MC *it was natural not a D&C* so I dipped a HPT and sure enough I had too faint but very there lines....and now I am almost 23 weeks.

Amos, so happy to hear from you darling. Praying the heparin is the missing piece. xx

Megg, that's so odd. Did you have another beta today or did you cancel it?

Dawny, I'd try an hpt too.

Hi everyone else! :hi: Thinking of you girls. xx

Amos, so happy to hear from you darling. Praying the heparin is the missing piece. xx

Megg, that's so odd. Did you have another beta today or did you cancel it?

Dawny, I'd try an hpt too.

Hi everyone else! :hi: Thinking of you girls. xx

No, cancelled the beta today. She said she didn't see a point. The new plan is to wait until Monday, if no AF I'm supposed to test again... :shrug: I'm sure if its positive, I'd get a new beta though! LOL

Dawny - when i O i cna pick up my surge in the morning with FMU but that may bbe cause i'm lasts about a day.

AMOS - glad to see you back sweety. FXed for you, hope you find the missing piece.

Megg - i'm so sorry that you are going through this at the moment. Hope you get some clear answers soon.

AFM i have a doctors appointment tomorrow that i'm shitting myself about. Not sure what they will say and i think thats whats scaring me.

Dawny - An OPK can work as a HPT but be careful because it can also show the hormone surge before AF as its not a specific test. The way it was explained to me is that an OPK works like someone picking out the women in a crowd which covers a few different paramiters (sp?) a HPT works by not only picking out the women but say also only the woman in hats which is a much narrower field. Best thing to do would be do a HPT with FMU and see, fingers crossed thats a :bfp:!

Aussie - Good luck at the doctors today i'm sure it will all be fine xxxx

Amos - Only just come back myself after a break, it can get really hard to stay on here sometimes even though everyone is lovely. Still its like a drug and we all come back in the end LOL. Really hope everything works out for you ASAP xx

AFM - Still waiting for the :witch: to go and working on my diet, 5lb down only another 25lb to go to target or of course a :bfp: in the mean time which would be nice :)

Good luck today Aussie.

Rax, good job with the weightloss!

Thanks girls looks like it maybe the :witch: as more spotting today am out having fun though yay xxxx

The midwife rang me today. How humiliating having to ask her to take me off the pregnancy book. Her 'Oh.' said it all :cry:

Hey girls! How is everyone doing today? :hi:

I'm having another good day today. Did I tell you all that I am trying a special diet for my fibroids? I bought a book about trying to shrink fibroids the natural way and I am giving it a shot. I'm basically on a 100% organic, non-processed food, 85% vegetarian diet :help: Can I get a 'oh man that sucks?' LOL!!

Actually it is not so bad. I am doing okay with it. I packed on a good 30lbs when I quit smoking in January so it's also helping me drop some pounds and I have heard that can help with fertility too. It's amazing how you'll stick to a diet if you have to!

I've been trying to get back to working out too (I hate working out!) but I have to do it. While I wait for that sticky BFP, I can at least try to get my body back! :bodyb:

I'll leave you all with a little something to make you laugh. This is me on the treadmill. hee hee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIbCFNyZmPo

Hope you are all having a great day! xoxo

Hi everyone. I wasn't sure if I would come back, but then I started thinking how rude of me to just drop off the face of the earth with no explanation. I have been reading some posts off and on since my last loss, and it was just too painful. (the losses AND the bfp's) I didn't think I was in the right frame of mind to comment on ANYTHING. So, now almost 2 weeks after my D&C I have finally made a decision to try ONE MORE TIME for my forever baby. I wasn't sure if I could handle another heartbreak, but I have to try once more, this time making sure I am on either heparin or lovenox. That will be my only hope I think- if it doesn't work then, well, it's obviously something wrong my eggs. I am going to have a hysteroscopy done before we try again just to make sure there is nothing abnormal or weird going on in my uterus. Where the baby implanted last time was unusual so he wants to check that out. Anyway- sorry I abandoned you ladies for a while. I hope you can forgive me. :flower:

Dietra- I am gutted for you. I'm sorry I haven't been around to check on you. :cry:

Jen- how exciting that you got to hear a heartbeat- it's amazing isn't it??

Sis- thanks for keeping my spirits up when you've been going through your own journey. :hugs:

Padbrat- I miss you too sassy girl. I will be around for a little while longer it looks like.

Congratulations to all the BFP's I have missed and :cry: for the losses I have missed as well.

Amos, I'm glad you're going to try again, I'm going to say some extra prayers for you!!!! I really hope next will be what God has been waiting for!

The midwife rang me today. How humiliating having to ask her to take me off the pregnancy book. Her 'Oh.' said it all :cry:

Never say humiliating darlin!!!! I had to go through the same thing with my midwife, I was lucky though as she was the ONLY professional who showed me any understanding or support. She told me to ring her when I get my next bfp and not my doc and told me she would get me straight into the hospital for bloods to try prevent a further mc.

:hugs: It will be a good sticky BFP next hunni!!

Amos, I'm glad you are giving it one more go! And I'm sure everyone understands why you weren't here for a while. Everyone deals with their sorrow in their own way. And your right it can be hard on here with the losses and the BFP's (which are awesome) but are hard on someone having a loss. Nonetheless we are all there for you, and each other regardless the news. GL with your continuing journey hunni. :hugs:

Never say humiliating darlin!!!! I had to go through the same thing with my midwife, I was lucky though as she was the ONLY professional who showed me any understanding or support. She told me to ring her when I get my next bfp and not my doc and told me she would get me straight into the hospital for bloods to try prevent a further mc.

:hugs: It will be a good sticky BFP next hunni!!

Thanks hun xx That's basically what she told me though she put emphasis on IF you get your next BFP :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->