TTC after BCP's

Ladybugg, JJ and AK - I am not sure (still waiting see if my cycle is regular) but I may be on a similar cycle to you all - Due to test end of next week (will try to hold out until the weekend to test...but will see how that goes).

I have not been taking temps, just watching CM. What are the best methods you have fond for charting? temps, or OPK's?

Hi Kiwi, I am not charting right now. Just marking the first day of :witch: and then :sex: whenever we feel like it. Fingers crossed for your test! XO

Awww no temp rise today, my body is playing tricks on me! I am hoping for a rise tomorrow so I can still be cycle buddies with you guys x

Hey kiwi I used opks this time but I'm not sure I followed them correctly...it did confirm I was ovulating as I had other signs at the same time. No charting or temps for me either.

hello everyone. I posted many weeks ago and then disappeared. I was one of the very lucky TTC who got pg the first cycle after proper AF following stopping the pill. I was delighted considering I am 38. Unfortunately, this pg, resulted in an ectopic. It has been a very hard experience to go through.

The reason why I am posting is because after spending hours looking for as much info as I could on the internet, I have learnt that being on the mini-pill put you at an increasing risk of an ectopic pregnancy. I spoke to the consultant about it, and she confirmed that indeed, it was likely the reason why I had one (I do not fall under any other the other at risk category and already have two children with whom I had no problems at all). She said that ideally, everyone stopping the mini pill should wait one or two cycle before ttc.

It was hard to hear as it was my GP who insisted I go on the mini pill rather than the combined, because as he put it 'with your age, your fertility as now started to decrease significantly'. No problems with my fertility, I fell pg right away, but here I am...

Anyway, not writing this to worry anyone, being on the mini pill only increases the risks, they still remain very low (less than 1 in 100 pg), but going through the experience of an ectopic, I wish I had known and waited a cycle before ttc.

:hug::hug: to everyone.

Aw hunny I am so sorry to hear this :hugs: How scary for you. We are all here for you if you need to vent, cry or whatever to help you get through this. You are a strong woman to go through such an experience...massive :hug:

Fbbaby - thank you so much for the information. I will remember it always. So very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

FBbaby :hugs: so sorry to hear what you are going through, thank you for sharing your experience :hugs:

FBbaby, so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing the info. Best wishes :hugs:

FBbaby - thanks for sharing the information - I am sorry that anyone has to go through that.

:hug: FBBaby. Thank you for sharing your sad story. I have a friend who is about to come off the mini pill and start ttc. I've warned her to wait a month.

I'm def not cycle buddies with you all this month, still no O, sigh...

I'll be checking in for your news though! When is everyone going to test?

:dust:

Hi all - so pleased it is the weekend!
JJay - will keep my fingers crosse for you - maybe any day now.......
How is everyone else? Any developments?
I am embarrassed to admit I have become a serial symptom spotter over the past 2 or 3 days. every little twinge or feeling makes me wonder...although realistically I think it is prob too early for many symptoms. just cant help myself.

Not symptoms spotting is hard!! :) Testing the end of next week. :dust: to everyone!

Got my cross hairs today which makes me 3DPO, I'm not too far behind you guys! FF is telling me to test next Tuesday if no AF before then.

Hey AK - looks like you had good news! Congrats. I thought you were waiting until end of this week, but it seems you did not have to. Super exciting for you.
How many days before AF did you test (looks like about a week?)

Hope I will be joining you later in the week - DH thinks I should wait at least another week before testing, will try and hold out until the weekend....

Hey AK - looks like you had good news! Congrats. I thought you were waiting until end of this week, but it seems you did not have to. Super exciting for you.
How many days before AF did you test (looks like about a week?)

Hope I will be joining you later in the week - DH thinks I should wait at least another week before testing, will try and hold out until the weekend....

Hi Kiwi! Thanks! :) I did test very, very early. I did the first test a week before I guessed my cycle was due (but still not sure since only 1 cycle since being off BCP) and got a very, very faint line. I had a whole bunch of cheapies so I just was passing the time...Then the next day the lines were a little less faint and then today (about 4 days before :witch:) with the digital it said "Pregnant"! I am still very cautious since it is so very early but I can't help to be excited too. I love looking at my little ticker...Oh, and I think I OV'd really early, around CD 6 is when I felt the OV pains so that is probably why is showed up so early...

I can't wait to hear how your testing goes. :dust::dust::dust: XOXOXOXO

Evening everyone. Hope you all had a good week. We have had some great weather in the UK today so cant really complain.

Well - I am on the countdown to testing. I going to try and wait until the weekend and test if still no AF by then, but have been feelng a little crampy yesterday and today so although it would be sad if AF shows, it will also not be a big surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->