TTC after Methotrexate shot

Thank you for that Michelle. Yes it sounds exacty the same, I agree the terms they use are awful. With a friend they used the term 'retained product' to describe that she was still to miscarry more. That was her baby :(

epump: The HSG is no big deal. I took 4 Advil and I couldn't feel anything except a bit of pressure. It was quite weird though, I had thoughts running through my head about them attaching robot parts to me down there since there was so much metal on metal, screwing, unscrewing, and maneuvering :haha: It was nice to know what my remaining tube looked like... not perfect but at least the dye went through. I had a little cramping afterward and wore a pad to catch just a tiny bit of spotting for the afternoon. I was warned that it would hurt if my tube was closed, but it didn't hurt, just pressure. FX'd your HSG goes smoothly :flower:

happigail: Good to hear your numbers have gone down so quickly :thumbup: I hope it goes to zero in the next week.

Checking in on all of you beautiful ladies and seeing how you all are doing...

Thank you hypns! You're really lovely.
Jparr im doing ok... Ish.

Running mum, where for art thou? I'm worrying about you x

Hey guys, just checking in with everyone.

I had my HSG yesterday and it was totally fine. I took a Vicodin beforehand and really didn't feel much except for some pressure and mild cramping afterwards. My RE did it and he inserted the dye really slowly which I think helped. The whole thing only lasted 1-2 minutes. And my tubes and uterus look great! So yay!

xoxo

Hey epump, glad you had an easy HSG and everything is fine! :happydance: I had mine a couple of cycles ago, and it is a relief to know that the tubes and uterus are good.

yah epump! Sending good thoughts and prayers.

So sorry happigail. I'm glad your numbers are down. I hope my numbers go down pretty quick. And, yah, for you for taking care of your body. This methotrexate does a lot to our bodies. I think I'm going to just rest all summer from this stress and let my body get over this and back to normal before we try again late fall or winter.

Getting back to my life is helping a lot. I still am being sensitive to my body and how I feel. I rest as I need to and go and do as I feel like it. Getting back to my runs and playdates with Blaire is helping me move on. I still think about the baby and being pregnant a lot. Especially seeing a lot of women pregnant. I also have several friends who have just found out they are pregnant and others working on it. I celebrate with them and they hurt with me. Gotta loves friends! This forum is also amazing! You women are awesome!!!

Hey guys, just checking in with everyone.

I had my HSG yesterday and it was totally fine. I took a Vicodin beforehand and really didn't feel much except for some pressure and mild cramping afterwards. My RE did it and he inserted the dye really slowly which I think helped. The whole thing only lasted 1-2 minutes. And my tubes and uterus look great! So yay!

xoxo

That is awesome news and I am glad everything went well. So are you going to be trying this cycle?!?!!?!?!??!?

epump: Great news! :happydance: Good to hear your doc was gentle with the dye and that your tubes and uterus look healthy :thumbup: Isn't it great having some answers, now you know it was just a fluke and you're ready to ttc without stress :hugs:

epump, I am so excited that your HSG went well!! Your doctor was right that the ectopic was a fluke. I hope that having the HSG go well helps to put your mind at ease a little. Are you going to be TTC this cycle?

As for me, I go to the FS tomorrow for my CD 12 u/s. Hopefully I will have at least one big follie (I am hoping for 2 though!). If all is good tomorrow, my IUI should be mid-week. I am excited/nervous for tomorrow. I don't know why, because when I had my previous 2 IUIs I didn't have any real feelings either way before my monitoring appointments. Oh well, only 14 hours until I know what my follies look like!

So excited for you! Best of luck! Please keep us posted on how it goes. Your going to be trying this cycle, right?

Thanks JPARR! Yes, we are good to go for this cycle. I just got back from my FS, and I have 2 follicles, one is 14 mm and one is 13 mm. If my bloodwork comes back fine, I will go back on Wednesday to check on the size of the follies. My FS considers a follicle mature once it gets to 20 mm, and they grow about 2 mm a day, so I should be getting close on Wednesday. I am hoping to be able to do my trigger shot to induce ovulation on Thursday and have my IUI on Saturday. I have never gotten my natural LH surge before CD 16 (which will be Friday), so I am hoping to be able to do the shot before getting my natural LH surge, so that way I will be positive that I ovulated and the IUI will timed as perfectly as possible.

I am so nervous with this round, I need to try and relax!!

It is so hard, but, you def need to try and relax! I got my fingers crossed for you! When will you be testing for a BFP?!?!?!?!

Sounds promising Michelle!

Waiting for my 14 day results. Guys my right leg hurts all the time and its scaring the life out of me, can anyone say they experienced the same?

I did not experience any type of leg pain (I don't think). I would give your doctor a ring and ask what he/she thinks about the leg pain. Besides that, how are you doing happigail?

I mentioned it to the doctor today and they just said it was probably from holding the baby... I can't see that.

I have been doing better but today is a bad day, I'm panicky and worried, probably due to waiting for the results.

How are you jparr?

JPARR, I should be testing the weekend of 7/23-7/24 if I have the IUI Friday or Saturday. I really do need to try and relax. I think that having a forced 3 month break has made me all the more anxious.

happigail, I never had any type of leg pain after my shot. Like JPARR said, it can't hurt to give you a doctor a call. Hope you are doing OK otherwise.

happigail, no legs pains either, but horrible bloating and fatigue. What's going on with your liver and kidneys? I know you mentioned problems from shot earlier. I lost your message a few days ago. Tried to reply. I hope all is well. I'm praying.
Good luck Michelle and JPARR. I know the anticipation of conceiving is hard. It took me over a year with my first. Different circumstances and proceedure but understand the hopes.

Ladies, how long did it take your HCG levels to go down after the methotrexate shot? I feel like I am always going to to get blood drawn and they aren't going down a lot. They initially went up from 2700 to 3400 and then to 2400. I'm not worried. I know it's still soon and I do trust my doc. Just wondering what yours did.

BTW Happigail- LOVE the new Kitty photos. They are way too precious! She is absolutely adorable!!!

Thank you running mum I thought it was time for an update of Kitty!!

Well my day 14 bloods were good. My hcg was 2 and my kidneys and liver (were affected by the first injection running mum) came back fine as well, so I've been discharged. But running mum remember it's because they got it wrong with me, it was just what was in uterus after all.

I still have this pain in just the one leg :( I wish it wasn't there as today should be a happy day for me.

I have some questions, when should start taking folic acid again? Can I now exercise again? And I dont know if this is answerable but when will the mtx be completely out of my body?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->