TTC after Methotrexate shot

Thanks michelle for responding! You must of gotten your first AF after miscarriage earlier than me.... Right?

I think we ate going to wait another month. I am starting to freak out now. I have a doctors appointment this Friday and I will ask him what he thinks. Ugh!!!!!

JPARR, if you don't feel ready then don't push it. Sometimes it's better to be comfortable and confident than to rush into something you're not ready for :flower: It probably won't happen if you're so stressed out about it anyway. I've been trying for 7 months since my 3 month wait, some months I didn't feel like ttc, but did halfheartedly anyway. It's all worked out just right, I would have been a total stress ball if I would have conceived a few months ago so I'm glad I didn't get my bfp then. So, relax and enjoy having the freedom of choosing when you're ready to ttc again :hugs:

Let us know what the Doc says!

AFM: I'm hanging in there. I was very fertile this cycle, but pretty sure I O'd on my non-tube side so not much of a chance or much hope for a bfp. DH is really invested now so if not this time around, then we'll be rockin' & rollin' next time :happydance: AF is due on the 15th so I have another week to wait.

JPARR, if you don't feel ready then don't push it. Sometimes it's better to be comfortable and confident than to rush into something you're not ready for :flower: It probably won't happen if you're so stressed out about it anyway. I've been trying for 7 months since my 3 month wait, some months I didn't feel like ttc, but did halfheartedly anyway. It's all worked out just right, I would have been a total stress ball if I would have conceived a few months ago so I'm glad I didn't get my bfp then. So, relax and enjoy having the freedom of choosing when you're ready to ttc again :hugs:

Let us know what the Doc says!

Thanks! I am def. going to ask him what he thinks about it. I'm just so confused!

Yea, I decided I am going to wait one more month! UGH I can't believe I am saying this. I think that if we did get a BFP I would be freaked out and worried so much. So I had to wait 3 months... what is 1 more month. UGHHHHHHH

I'm waiting the extra month too, JPARR! My shot was 3/14/11 (just about 1 week before yours), which means 3 months for me is 6/14 (or 12 weeks was this past Monday 6/6). So either way you look at, I'm now in the "safe" window. But the DH and I decided to take June off (I should be ovulating next week sometime or thereafter) and go for July.

For me, the big thing is getting prepared to handle it if something goes wrong. The ectopic was really horrible and scary for me and I feel like I need to be emotionally ready. Or, as I told my therapist, I'm waiting for the hope to outweigh the fear! I'm getting there!

Michelle, welcome back! Hope the vacation was fabulous :)

I just don't know what to do. It is so hard on us after having to get the shot and everything. UGHH!!! I have an appointment tmrw and I will talk to the doctor about all of my fears etc.. See what he has to say.

I actually just looked at the calendar and 12 weeks for me would be June 14.... I was thinking in my head that 3 months would be June 22 (DUH JENN!!! LOL) HMMMM UGHHHHHHHHH What to do!?!?!?!?

Thanks michelle for responding! You must of gotten your first AF after miscarriage earlier than me.... Right?

Yes, I think my first AF after the m/c was a week or 2 before yours, it came on 4/27. It's good that you have the doctor's appt tomorrow, so that he/she can put your mind at ease about whatever decision you make. Keep us updated on how the appt goes!

epump, I love the way you put it, "waiting for the hope to outweigh the fear". Some days I feel like I am there, and then others not so much. Overall, I am more hopeful than fearful, so that might be the best I can hope for! I know that I am going to be so nervous when I go back to the FS in a couple weeks. I feel like I am just going to have to hold my breath, close my eyes and just take the leap!

I had my appointment this morning and the doctor said I was good to go! Although, DH and I decided we will wait till July now to start TTC. I also asked about taking different supplements (B6, aspirin, etc) and he told me I need to stop stressing and stop looking on the internet LOL. He said ten percent (or something like that) pregnancies end in miscarriage. He said I only had one (suspected ectopic) and that I should enjoy trying to get pregnant and not stress. Well July here we come now! LOL

Also, he said I can take up to 4 mg of folic acid because anything over 4 mg I would just pee out/body doesn't absorb it.

I agree with what the doctor said, in theory. I went back to TTC after Metho thinking that everything would be OK because you aren't much more likely to have another ectopic after one. I remember telling my cousin over the holidays that I was scared to try again. You have to find a way to get around those fears. Now that I've been through another MC, I think my problem may have been hormones all along. They never verified the ectopic with an ultrasound. So I believe after the first loss, you are still able to group yourself in that category of unexplainable miscarriages. But if you have more than one loss, there may be a bigger problem. I'm just glad that my FS was willing to help me after two losses rather than making me wait to have another one.

I agree with Littlebird about working through the fear of conceiving again. It took a bit to get over my fear. I actually read a test wrong and thought I was pregnant my 2nd cycle ttc after ectopic/tube removal and I absolutely panicked!! I wasn't happy at all, just scared out of my mind! After I re-read the directions and realized my mistake I didn't think I could ttc naturally again and wanted to straight to IVF because I was convinced my remaining tube would cause another ectopic. But then DH and I talk about it and also consulted our FS and he said to definitely try naturally. If I conceived we would be able to monitor my HCG levels to make sure they were rising a good amount and we would also get a scan asap to make sure it was in the uterus. That calmed my fears enough to ttc naturally again. I know it's a very scary place to be, but the adventure can never begin if you don't step out the door :hugs:

I totally agree! DH and I just figured since it was so close to our 3 month mark and I would just be finishing my 2nd cycle since the shot that we would wait one more month. Like my DH said, "if we were to get a bfp you would constantly be worrying if the methotrexate shot did anything etc." So we will wait till July and I will be good to go then! Also, I didn't start back up on my prenatals or extra folic acid till April 21. So it will be in my system for a good 3 months by July. Thanks ladies!

JPARR, I'm glad that you and DH made a decision that you are 100% comfortable with. I think your DH is so right, the last thing you want is to be adding extra stress once you get your bfp.

July will be here before you know it, and you will be 100% ready to go :hugs: I will only be a week or 2 ahead of you (my cycle isn't that regular so maybe it will even be at the same time), so we can get back into TTC together! We had the worst happen at the same time, so we are due to have the best happen at the same time too :thumbup:

Jenn, glad you have decided to wait until July just to be sure that folic acid is building up. I still think one of the reasons I miscarried in March was that it was right after I stopped taking Topamax... I dunno, it's just a feeling I have... If I had known about all the backlash from Topamax at the time, I would have waited a little longer to TTC.

Hello everyone. I have read every post over the last few days. I have been diagnosed with a pregnancy of unknown location and have a pseudo sac in my uterus as well.
Today i had my mx shot. I cried a lot as I'm sure you all remember well.

So I'm at the start as you guys are getting ready to conceive.

I've never been more scared in my whole life, I am living a suspended life until I get back to zero. Thank god I have 2 beautiful children to keep me grounded and I appreciate how lucky I am, yet my sadness is still large.

I feel fine right now (day zero) what day do you guys think it will start to get bad? I've tried to get myself prepared with baby food and nappies etc so I don't have to go out...

I know you guys don't know me but you have helped me a lot already xx

happigail -- I'm so sorry you're going through this! Based on my experience, I felt a little achy for a couple of weeks, but since you're chasing around two LOs, you may not notice the effects as much. I would say the first two-three days were the worst for me. I hope you get back to zero as quickly as possible and find some healing during this. I'm sorry. :hugs:

Thank you SO much for such a prompt reply little bird, that's really kind of you. Yeah I'm hoping it's not to brutal, typically the house is a complete building site as were having work done so it's not the easiest here.

I'm so scared I'll need another shot or rupture anyway.

I think I may be to scared to ever try again now. I don't think you can explain to anyone the utter gut wrenching fear can you?

:hugs: happigail :hugs: The worst day for me was the day after the shot and it lingered a bit for 1-2 after that. My HCG count went up the first test, but they said that was normal and it should fall the next time, but it didn't. So I got the 2nd shot and it made me feel the same way, dizzy, nauseous, tired, out of it, etc. and then my number started going down. I felt normal after those first few days. I hope you see a nice drop in your hcg on your next visit. It really never got that bad for me (until it ruptured) and that was most likely because I was 8 weeks before my first metho shot.

I'm so so sorry hun :hugs: keep your chin up and keep a good positive attitude. Visualize your beautiful body doing what it needs to do to heal and move on. I know it's so scary, but we're here for you and you can squeeze our hands as hard as you need to :flower:

Hey happigail... I am sorry for your loss and you having to go through this. I know after I had the shot my HCG went up a bit and then a couple of days later it started going down. It is normal for it to rise a bit before it starts to drop.

I can say that I really never had any symptoms after the shot except for some slight cramping a few times. All I know is that I continued to bleed for about 20 days after the shot.

I can say that after the shot I became a hermit and did not want to leave the house at all. I guess it was all of the emotions that I had built up, etc... I felt uncomfortable leaving the house cause I was still bleeding and actually was not taking care of myself properly (no makeup, didn't care what I was wearing, etc)

All I can say is that it DOES get better. I am not sure how long your doc told you to wait before you can start to TTC again, but the majority of us it was 3 months. The time will fly by!! Trust me on that. The time flew by so fast for me that when my 3 months came I freaked out and DH and I decided to wait one more month so I can let the folic acid build up in my system.

Once your levels hit 0, you can start back up on prenatals and extra folic acid.

Try and stay positive and know that we are here for you no matter what! Like Hpyns4life said, "you can squeeze our hands as hard as you need to!" HAHA!!!

Thank you so much guys, I knew you'd be wonderful as soon as I presented myself in here, you're such a supportive bunch.

Well it's day 1, dont know how I'm going to feel when im up and about, right now led in bed I don't feel to bad. So 7 days to see if my number drop I hope they do SO much. I'm 6 weeks and 6 days today so will be 8 weeks ( bar a day) when I should see a drop, so let's hope hope hope.

I was told 3 months for every shot I am given.

Jparr I can totally understand why you freaked out, I know I'd feel the same. Right now I'm not sure if I'm frightened off for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->