TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

I am OK thank you Sandoval! I was excited that I was approaching O last week and now that it's nearly here I've gotten really nervous! We're definitely not stressing anymore - stressing didn't do DH any good at all!!! We're off on holiday tomorrow (YAY!) to try and relax as best we can. It's nice that it will tie up with O! Fingers crossed!

How are all you lovely ladies doing? Anyone close to testing or have a good feeling about this month? I'm still waiting to ovulate, think I'm getting close as I have ewcm showing. Both me and dh are trying not to get too stressed this month and have decided just to bd every other day throughout my cycle.

I do not have a good feeling this month so I am trying to relax a little more. DH is just working on exercising and taking vitamins so he will do that for two months and then we will recheck his SA. I am hoping this little break will help and then I can try the Clomid again.

They saying getting less stressed is a good thing to do but it isn't easy is it?!

Hello ladies - haven't been on here for about a month. Congrats to all those ladies who have had their bfps! I hope the rest of us don't have to wait too much longer. AF arrived on good Friday and now its officially been a year ttc. Me and my DH have a lot on at the mo. My bro has been poorley and my DH's parents are going through a divorce so adding to the stress which isn't helping us ttc. I think we will give it a couple more months before going to docs about troubles conceiving as I don't think either of us can deal with that stress on top of it. I never thought ttc would be this hard!

Sorry you've reached a year ttc flou :hugs: But I've read so many stories of girls getting their bfp when they least expect it, and particularly when they have a lot on, like yourselves. Don't lose hope, you will get there.

Etoiles - it's definitely not easy to de-stress over ttc. But I realised this month that the past few months I've been taking on a lot of the stress myself and not talking enough to my dh about it. This month we both decided to bd every other day, no matter what opk's might indicate, and it really has taken a bit of the burden off. In fact, this is the first month in a few that sex has become fun again and not just "oh, we better bd again"!

HopeforFuture - have a great time on holiday! Think I'll be ovulating either tomorrow or tuesday so we may be in the tww together. Good luck!

Snowflakes, where are you girl?! Hope everything is going ok and you'll be in the tww soon? :hugs:

I find the de-stressing hard! By nature, I am the one that over analyzes everything! TTC is def testing my very little to begin with patience!

So I guess my positive OPK the other day was not a positive. I was using stupid IC. Never again. I took my 1st response today and it was mega postive. Soooo I should OV today or tomorrow.

Right there with you snowflakes, due to ovulate tmr or next day. Most likely will be Tuesday I think. I've been using the cbfm this month and I feel it definitely takes the guess work away that you have with the ic opk's. Good luck snowflakes, keep me updated during your tww. Would love it if we could get our bfp's and be bump buddies :flower:

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Hope - Enjoy your holiday. A nice relaxing time away might just be what you need to see some positive results!

Redskins - How are you feeling on the Clomid? Any side affects?

Flou - Welcome back. :hugs: I'm sorry you have been under alot of stress. Try not to worry about that one-year mark too much. Things will fall into place, and when the time is right, you will get that BFP!

Sandoval & Snowflakes - What is an IC opk? I didn't realize it was possible to get a false positive.

AFM, I am in the TWW. AF is due sometime next weekend. This was a odd month for me and I'm not even positive I ovulated. I had two rounds of EWCM a week apart and an LH surge in the middle. :shrug:. We "winged it" this month, and I have to say it was nice to have a little break (mentally and physically!). After vaca, I will be getting serious again. 3 weeks and counting..

I can't wait to see who gets their BFP next. Praying for you girls!

Right there with you snowflakes, due to ovulate tmr or next day. Most likely will be Tuesday I think. I've been using the cbfm this month and I feel it definitely takes the guess work away that you have with the ic opk's. Good luck snowflakes, keep me updated during your tww. Would love it if we could get our bfp's and be bump buddies :flower:

Sandoval - I love that we have been on almost the same cycle for a few months now! I really hope that we get those BFP too! Bump buddies in the making!

Katikins - IC OPK's are Internet Cheapies OPK's and I tried them out for the 1st time this cycle and found them to be incredibly unreliable. It is soooo hard to gauge the lines. One day it was positive then the next day it looked negative. So I must have line judged it incorrectly a few days ago. I got frustrated yesterday when my temp still hadn't risen but I thought I had a positive OPK the other day so I used my trusty 1st response OPK instead and got my blaring positive - on the IC it really wasn't all that different as the other days. So me personally will not using the IC's. It was too frustrating - I'd rather spend the money and get great distinguishable lines.

Yes, the IC OPK's aren't very good. I used them all the time. But when I started temping, I noticed that I didn't actually O until like 3 days AFTER a positive!

Thank you ladies for your lovely words of encouragement. Me and my DH had a chat last night and decided to wait until the summer to visit the docs about trouble ttc. I will have more because I'm a teacher and therefore will be on a nice long break and hopefully his parents divorce will be over by then. The plan is to try to relax until then. we are both going to take up yoga together to help with the stress. Fingers crossed we may not need the appt in the summer and if we do then we will be a little closer to understanding why it may not be working for us.

AF is nearly over so we can start bding again soon! Good luck to us all and let's hope for more bfps!

Snowflakes, I've been using the cbfm but was using some ic opk's alongside (almost as a little experiment ha!) I got (what looked like) a definite positive 4 days ago on the ic, which stayed positive for 2 days then gradually faded out but my cbfm has showed a few days of high fertility and peak today. The peak today is right on schedule for o'ing tomorrow as predicted. Definitely glad I wasn't relying on those ic's alone as I don't temp.

Flou, good luck... Really hope this is all our months. Maybe you could try smep? Lulu just got her bfp doing that! If I'm not succesful this month I'm all over the smep next time ha!

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend! I haven't posted in a while, but just had a nice weekend with my in-laws, who came to visit, and then had my parents and friends over for Easter dinner.

I think I O-ed on Friday and DH and I were able to BD before the in-laws came on Friday night. We were on the go much of Saturday and then prepping for dinner on Sunday, so didn't get a chance to again. I figure if it doesn't work this cycle, I'm going to continue on with the acupuncture and supplements and try to eat mostly organic next time around (I'm already on a low GI diet, but I may have cheated a tiny bit this weekend). I'd like to try SMEP, but my DH usually prefers every other day and that's what our FS told us to do.

How is everyone else doing? :hug: and :dust: to all!

Urgh, sorry new wifey :hugs:Hope you're ok. What cycle you on with ttc? Are you trying for your first baby?
I'm waiting to ovulate, which usually happens on cd16, but I'm already at cd14 and no +opk yet which is unusual for me (my ticker is totally wrong now as af came 4 days early last month). I feel like it's getting harder each cycle, I'm currently on no.8 :coffee:, just wish it would happen already!

hi sandoval im going on to my sixth month now TTC baby no1!i get so stressed easily which i know isnt helping but its hard not to!how do u find the clearblue fertility monitor??

Kaatikin- i have fortunately not had any side effects with the Clomid. I occasionally get some cramps but nothing major. I know a lot of people end up with hot flashes and all but I'm still cold as ever!

If things don't work this cycle, I will go to an RE in May, which is good since we get out of school on May 15th. I teach special education in VA, so I know ya cycle will not be stress free. I have 25 school days left and still have to write 15 IEPs, 2 kids to test, and we have all of our SOL tests to do! Eeekk! I know I can and will make it through this because I had ten times as much on me last April...

Did everyone have a good Easter?

New wifey, it's my first month using the cbfm but I can honestly say I love it so far! It's took all guesswork re. ovulation away and I feel more in control of ttc. I think it helps as it indicates days of high fertility leading up to the lh surge so we've been bd'ing every other day since I got high fertility readings. Don't worry too much about being at the 6 month mark, as my dh is forever telling me - conceiving within a year is the average, which means half of couples will take less than 6 months and half will take longer. I'm on cycle 8 now x

Kaatikin- i have fortunately not had any side effects with the Clomid. I occasionally get some cramps but nothing major. I know a lot of people end up with hot flashes and all but I'm still cold as ever!

If things don't work this cycle, I will go to an RE in May, which is good since we get out of school on May 15th. I teach special education in VA, so I know ya cycle will not be stress free. I have 25 school days left and still have to write 15 IEPs, 2 kids to test, and we have all of our SOL tests to do! Eeekk! I know I can and will make it through this because I had ten times as much on me last April...

Did everyone have a good Easter?

Redskins, I live in Northern Virginia (Sorry, NY fan here, though - all Yankees and Giants - and sometimes the Jets for my DH) and I was wondering if you have an RE picked out? I'm hoping you'll get a BFP and won't have to go, but my DH and I go to one in Reston and we love him, so I highly recommend him. It's a small practice, so you only see one doctor and everyone there gets to know you (and there's no wait at all to see him). He's got a very holistic approach and instead of rushing me into IUI or IVF (which unfortunately some doctors do), he decided to put me on a regimen of supplements, acupuncture and a low carb/low sugar diet for the next few cycles. It's Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine if you're interested.

On a side note; what are all you lovely ladies doing for holidays this year (or vacations for my lovely american and canadian friends lol)? Anyone have anything in mind or anything booked up? Looking for some inspiration x

Jamaica...3 weeks and counting. Definitly looking forward to a break! I hope to come back refreshed and poised for baby making. Haha. What about you?

On a side note; what are all you lovely ladies doing for holidays this year (or vacations for my lovely american and canadian friends lol)? Anyone have anything in mind or anything booked up? Looking for some inspiration x

My DH and one of our closest friends are both turning 30 in late spring, so a group of our friends booked a house in Atlantic City in June for a long weekend. It's not very expensive (which is good because we're putting money away into a baby fund - for treatment or the baby, whatever comes first). No big vacays besides that because we went to Italy in 2010 for our honeymoon and the Bahamas in 2011 for our first anniversary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->