TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

Yay! We can be in this together!

I've just noticed your TTC Journey graphic. I can't believe how much you have spent on supplies! I bet I've spent that much too though mith prenatal vitamins and OPKs!!! This baby making is EXPENSIVE!!!

I've really reduced the amount we've been spending because I quit using opks after my December cycle when it showed that I had an LH surge and then my progesterone levels showed that I didn't ovulate at all! I've included all my Clomid rounds in there too because that's part of TTC. I Guess I've really spent more than that I've just not updated. I've spent $180 on Clomid alone. I've also quit POAS every few minutes when AF gets close. Oh well!

Hopefully we will both get our BFPs soon and get to use that money on buying diapers!

Hi Ladies, :wave: can I join you?

I'm currently in my 8th cycle TTC and never had a second line :nope:.
We were NTNP since July 2011 and started actively TTC with temping and OPK's in August 2011. We got married almost a year ago and I really thought we would have our first baby by our first anniversary, but it seems we won't even have our first BFP by then :(.
All of my hormone tests, ultrasounds and DH's SA have come back as healthy and normal and from my charts I seem to ovulate regularly every month, but nothing yet :cry:.
This cycle my OB gave me an rx for 50 mg. of clomid to start on CD 3-7 and I think I am about 10DPO but I'm not sure as I was out of town and didn't temp or use OPK's. I was sure a round of Clomid would give us the boost we needed but I just don't think we did it this cycle :nope:.

I just turned 34 in April and DH is 37 and neither of us has any children. All around me friends and family are announcing pregnancies and births and I just feel so left behind.

Sorry for the long post but I just never thought it would be this hard or take this long and I could definately use some buddies who are in the same boat!

:dust::dust: to all and f'xed we all get our BFP's soon!!
Hi 1babydreamer - I get how you feel! I've not yet ever had a second line either after TTC for 7 months. I'm currently in the TWW and waiting to test (7 days to go).

We wanted a summer 2012 baby late last year after being married for 18 months and thought TTC would be easy - we were very wrong with that one!

You are lucky that all of your tests have come back OK - I haven't approached my doctor yet about TTC and simply don't know whether there is a problem or not.

I feel as you do about being left behind. I went to see my friend who had her 3rd child in December and she was chatting to me about people we went to school with. All of them had at least 1 child! It made me worry. I have other friends who are WTTC and plan to have babies in 2013. I am really scared that they will overtake me and I will be left as the only one without a child.

I never dreamed TTC would take so long! I know there are lots of ladies out there who've been trying for far longer, but both DH and I come from families where TTC has been achieved easily. Our families don't understand how we feel or why we are experiencing this. The looks of pity on their faces kill me.

We are all in this together and WILL get there!

Good luck to you! :dust:

Hope- You pretty much said exactly what I feel! Thanks so much ladies on this forum for helping each other, it helps me to not feel alone :)

Welcome Baby Dreamer! I too feel left behind. Boo.

Sandoval - Did you test again today. I can't wait to hear!

Hope - I never dreamed it would take this long as well!! And be so expensive. We are almost up to $1,000 already with all the supplies and most pricey are my Dr. visits.

AFM, my temp is way down this AM so AF should be visiting sometime today. Onto another cycle. Trying to stay positive as my 1 year mark is slowing creeping up closer and closer. I go back to the OBGYN this week for another Clomid check and hopefully will get a new plan of action for another cycle with Low Progesterone.

Hi Girls,

Hope the weekend is treating you nicely.

Welcome babydreamer! I understand how difficult it is, especially with everyone around us announcing pregnancies. Many of my close friends are pregnant, and I have a long list of babyshowers this summer. It's a bittersweet feeling to say the least. As you can tell, some of us girls just take a little longer than the "average", so our time will come. Stay positive!

Sandoval - I am anxiously waiting to hear your test results. I hope its your lucky month!!

Snowflakes - Hope your dr's appointment goes well this week. Please keep us posted.

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday... it was defo an evap, tested yesterday and bfn. Also, looks like the beginning of spotting today - right on time :cry:

Oh well, onto cycle 9!

Sorry Sandoval for the evap and spotting.

AFM, AF never showed yesterday so I thought she'd be here with FMU - well she is still a no show but my temps are way low. I have no idea what is going on with me. Ugh. My body hates me - I swear. I just want her to show so I can move onto another cycle and start planning. So annoying.

Hi ladies! I am new and looking for some support. A friend told me that joining a forum was a good idea for that. I don't have many close friends, and the ones that I do have already have kids or have no problem having kids. bah.

anyways, I have been actively TTC for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time now. I would say up to 3 years. I have tried different methods, and have only had a false pregnancy.

A friend of mine told me last night that she is pregnant and I am happy for her, I swear... but I guess it just makes me really sad at the same time. I don't know.

Hi ladies! I am new and looking for some support. A friend told me that joining a forum was a good idea for that. I don't have many close friends, and the ones that I do have already have kids or have no problem having kids. bah.

anyways, I have been actively TTC for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time now. I would say up to 3 years. I have tried different methods, and have only had a false pregnancy.

A friend of mine told me last night that she is pregnant and I am happy for her, I swear... but I guess it just makes me really sad at the same time. I don't know.

Welcome. Its definitely a good idea to join in here. Its nice to chat with others who understand what you are going through. M.y DH and I have been ttc for a year now without any sucess so far. I am currently 3dpo so got all my fingers crossed for this month! Until a year ago i didnt realise how hard ttc would be and how it feels to get bfn month after month. I try to stay as positive as i can and hope it will be my time soon.

My bf already has a 3 yr old and i knew at the start of this year she ws planning number 2. I knew she would conceive before me. She got pg straight away the first time. I wasdreading how i would feel when she got pg. She announced she is expecting number 2 in october and i am happy for her but at the same time i wish i was pg. She doesnt know the probs we are having. We havent told anyone we are ttc, however because we have been married for 2 years everyone keeps asking us when are we going to have kids. This normally upsets me. If only they knew!

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! :flower: It's comforting knowing we're ot alone with the struggles of TTC. I too seem to be the only one in my family struggling with this. My older sister has two beautiful boys and had no trouble getting pregnant, my mom had four children with no problem, even two of my cousins got pregnant accidentally! My sister in law just had her first and had only just decided to start trying when she learned she was pregnant!
All my freinds with children or newly pregnant just keep asking when we're going to have one and the ones who know we're trying and struggling just feel sorry for us which is hard. It just makes me feel like a broken woman :cry:.

Today I am 12 DPO and last night I had a very vivid dream the I found out I was pregnant! It was so real and when I woke up I just felt so sad. I'm expecting AF to show her face in 3 days time so at least I can get on with a new cycle, get my HSG done and start my second round of clomid. I know it will happen and I'm just feeling super hormonal at the moment!

Thanks for the support ladies and I know we will all get there!!
:dust: to all and f'xed!!

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday... it was defo an evap, tested yesterday and bfn. Also, looks like the beginning of spotting today - right on time :cry:

Oh well, onto cycle 9!

:hugs: I'm so sorry Hun. I know it stinks! I will be right there with you on my 9th cycle TTC in a few days time. We can get through the waiting together :flower: Just think, every cycle we up our odds!! They say it takes the average couple one year to concieve their first! :hugs:

will prob be getting a :bfn: myself couldnt bed the last 3 nights we both had tummy bug :cry:

Thanks girls, you are all so great :flower:
Af hasn't made her full appearance yet, dragging it out until tomorrow as usual. I worked nightshift last night and when I got home I burst into tears (think it was a mixture of tiredness and the realisation that cycle 8 was out). Dh was so good, said all the right things and I felt much better after I got it out. Babydreamer, I feel the same as you - deep down I know it will happen, it's just so hard waiting.

Right, all you ladies in the tww - good luck!! Let us know about all symptoms xx

Welcome. Its definitely a good idea to join in here. Its nice to chat with others who understand what you are going through. M.y DH and I have been ttc for a year now without any sucess so far. I am currently 3dpo so got all my fingers crossed for this month! Until a year ago i didnt realise how hard ttc would be and how it feels to get bfn month after month. I try to stay as positive as i can and hope it will be my time soon.

My bf already has a 3 yr old and i knew at the start of this year she ws planning number 2. I knew she would conceive before me. She got pg straight away the first time. I wasdreading how i would feel when she got pg. She announced she is expecting number 2 in october and i am happy for her but at the same time i wish i was pg. She doesnt know the probs we are having. We havent told anyone we are ttc, however because we have been married for 2 years everyone keeps asking us when are we going to have kids. This normally upsets me. If only they knew!

Honest - I am new as well. I read your post and felt sympathy as well as complete understanding. My co-worker who also happens to be a friend just announced that she is pregnant. My sister-in-law who only ever whines when she is pregnant is pregnant with her second. And I know two people who are trying and I fear will beat me to the punch. On Friday at work I unexpectedly burst into tears. I've been trying to be strong, but you can only put on a strong face for so long (even to yourself).

Flou - I am also on 3dpo! Maybe this month we'll find out good news at the same time!! My DH and I have been talking about trying for such a long time and I tried to get us trying sooner, I was hoping for a 2012 baby, but he (like a lot of men) had the mindset that we would get pregnant immediately. He just recently told me I was right and we should've started trying sooner (I guess it's always nice to hear "You were right", right?) I am also sick of being asked, "When will you have a baby?". Why do people have to ask that?

We are only on month 7 ttc, so not as long as either of you, however, I feel as though I have been ready and waiting for years... just needed the DH to give the green light. I feared it wouldn't happen for us right away. But everyone around us is getting it within their first two tries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->