TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

HopeforFuture- We've definitely given ourselves a kick up the backside!! Myself and my DH are only 22 this year so we considered that we're fit, young and healthy enough to have conceived a lot sooner than it has taken so far! We kind of fumbled through the first couple of months just expecting it to happen and realised it's not that simple...it's been very disheartening for us recently too with one friend now 8 weeks pregnant (Turns out she conceived in her 1st cycle because her hubby happened to be home during her fertile week...how jammy is that?) and two friends have given birth in the last couple of days...we want it to be our turn so badly, but we've only even seen BFN!

Sandoval_star- we've really decided to step it up this cycle and really "try"! We've started some healthy eating (Which, so far, I'm actually loving- lovely salads and cous cous and all that healthy rabbit food that I didn't know existed !), we've been taking some his 'n' hers pregnacare conception vitamins to help make his spermies and my little baby nest and eggs more ready, I've been charting for the first time as well as OPKs (Which is giving me something to look forward to each day and helps the days of my cycle go by!) and we're going to use pre-seed (This one is a secret between me and yourselves...the hubby doesn't have a clue because he'd have gone mad at me spending so much money..hehe!)...more than anything, we're going to try and keep our heads up and keep smiling and just try and remember that we are still entitled to be 1-year old newlyweds and have fun, which will hopefully speed the process along a little!
I know how you feel! We're not quite as young as you (I'm 26, DH is 33), but we thought we were young enough for this to be easy! How wrong we were! We tried really hard for years to prevent pregnancy (!) whilst we enjoyed our life as just the two of us - now I really regret not starting sooner! Luckily I have no pregnant friends but one of my best friends had her baby in December and I'm sad to say that I only just plucked up the courage last week to visit them both because I have been so down about the situation.

I too am loving my new healthy eating habit - I feel much more alert and happy.

Right - girls who chart - I do not chart at present because I thought it might be a bit 'obsessive' on top of everything else we're trying. :wacko: How valuable do you find it and would you recommend? I am worried about temping first thing in the morn and whether it would work for me or not. I have a really weak bladder and have to get up in the middle of the night to pee most nights. I also have a tendency to wake before my alarm and lie there. Would either or these things affect temping?

HopeforFuture- We've definitely given ourselves a kick up the backside!! Myself and my DH are only 22 this year so we considered that we're fit, young and healthy enough to have conceived a lot sooner than it has taken so far! We kind of fumbled through the first couple of months just expecting it to happen and realised it's not that simple...it's been very disheartening for us recently too with one friend now 8 weeks pregnant (Turns out she conceived in her 1st cycle because her hubby happened to be home during her fertile week...how jammy is that?) and two friends have given birth in the last couple of days...we want it to be our turn so badly, but we've only even seen BFN!

Sandoval_star- we've really decided to step it up this cycle and really "try"! We've started some healthy eating (Which, so far, I'm actually loving- lovely salads and cous cous and all that healthy rabbit food that I didn't know existed !), we've been taking some his 'n' hers pregnacare conception vitamins to help make his spermies and my little baby nest and eggs more ready, I've been charting for the first time as well as OPKs (Which is giving me something to look forward to each day and helps the days of my cycle go by!) and we're going to use pre-seed (This one is a secret between me and yourselves...the hubby doesn't have a clue because he'd have gone mad at me spending so much money..hehe!)...more than anything, we're going to try and keep our heads up and keep smiling and just try and remember that we are still entitled to be 1-year old newlyweds and have fun, which will hopefully speed the process along a little!
I know how you feel! We're not quite as young as you (I'm 26, DH is 33), but we thought we were young enough for this to be easy! How wrong we were! We tried really hard for years to prevent pregnancy (!) whilst we enjoyed our life as just the two of us - now I really regret not starting sooner! Luckily I have no pregnant friends but one of my best friends had her baby in December and I'm sad to say that I only just plucked up the courage last week to visit them both because I have been so down about the situation.

I too am loving my new healthy eating habit - I feel much more alert and happy.

Right - girls who chart - I do not chart at present because I thought it might be a bit 'obsessive' on top of everything else we're trying. :wacko: How valuable do you find it and would you recommend? I am worried about temping first thing in the morn and whether it would work for me or not. I have a really weak bladder and have to get up in the middle of the night to pee most nights. I also have a tendency to wake before my alarm and lie there. Would either or these things affect temping?

I charted for a few months. I stopped because I was having trouble staying asleep for enough hours, and like you said, I wake up before my alarm and lie there. I think it was starting to affect my temps. Also when I had my chemical my temp didn't rise after the BFP and I got nervous - I was right to be - it was a chemical, but still - I thought it's not worth it to be so nervous and analysing every temp.

Now when I think it's around the time when I'm ovulating (EWCM, and positive OPK) I take my temp when I wake up for a few days, or just take it after I think I ovulated to confirm ovulation. I charted long enough to know roughly what my post ovulation temps are. Last month I managed to pinpoint it like that without being to stressed.

Ladies, I was hoping to join you all. I am now moving into month 6, (only cycle 5). We started in December. I'm hoping that I will find strength from others as I seemed to really take a hit this month emotionally to the arrival of AF.

Main difference this month I will be lowering my caffeine intake. It will be third month of charting and SMEPing, second month with preseed and grapefruit juice and have been doing plenty of vitamins all along.

I had a funny feeling it might take me a while to get pregnant, I didn't anticipate how much it would hurt month after month.

:hugs: and :kiss: to all the strong women here waiting for those magical 2 lines :)

Hi to all the new girls, and sorry to all those who AF got :(

I'm going to be hitting the one year mark this cycle :(. Currently CD23 and expecting my positive ovulation test tomorrow (was almost there today)...then onto the tww. I'm vaguely temping this month around ovulation time in the hope it will tell me if I am actually ovulating. Does anyone know if you get the rise after ovulation, does that mean you definitely ovulated or is it just another sign that you could have ovulated (like positive ovulation tests don't confirm ovulation)?

Not feeling very positive this month, just feels like it's never going to happen :( How is everyone else doing? Anyone else about to ovulate?

Welcome new girls!! I hope your stay with our group is a short one!

Babydreamer, so sorry to hear about AF. :hugs: I am also headed to cycle #9. As heartbreaking as this is, I think we are all going to be awesome parents because we will appreciate our babies so much more, knowing what a journey it was to have them.

Hope - I don't currently chart, but when I did, I noticed that my temps were higher if I did not get a good night sleep. The longer you are awake, the higher your temps go. Best thing to do is take it as soon as you wake up, with as little movement as possible.

Mrs. B - You will see a temp shift after ovulation. You want to look at overall pattern, pre-ovulation will definitly be lower than post. Try using FertilityFriend.com. It will draw crosshairs when you have ovulated. Also, its best to temp for the good part of the month, and not only ovulation time to see a clear pattern. I wish you lots of luck!

I'm off to Jamaica tomorrow! Definitly a much needed getaway. Hopefully when I return one or more of you lovely ladies will have gotten a BFP!

i am the same as you onebump i thought it might take a while but i didnt know it was going to be this hard emotionally!
Well this is another month and i am hoping and praying we all get our BFP!!! let May be the month! x:)

New girlies - I get ya - I can't believe what an emotional wreck I have become in the last week before BFP/AF. I am definitely not the person I was before TTC. I am sad today for no reason at all.

Thanks for the responses on charting - I think I'm gonna leave it for now as I don't think it will do me any good. I reckon it will stress me out!

Welcome new girls!

Kati - Have fun in Jamaica Mon! So Jelly!

Mrs.B - Sorry about 1 yr mark. I'm not too far behind ya.

Hope - I am a huge planner. I love to plan everything. So for me I LOVE charting. I wish I did it years ago and just never used BCP. It honestly makes me more calm by charting. I think I'd go nuts not charting and not knowing if I was really OVing. OPK's aren't a def - you can get a surge and still not OV. So I feel like I have more control. I also would have never of known that I have a Progesterone issue if I didn't chart.

Sorry about AF dreamer & dancing.

AFM, OBGYN upped my Clomid dose for this month. FX for a raise in Progesterone and a BFP!! Trying to stay positive as much as I can this cycle. I also went for a nice run last night which I haven't done in forever. Sore today but it felt great.

Thanks Snowflakes - I also plan everything and like feeling in control. I'm just not sure I would be able to temp due to issues outlined in one of my previous posts. I may give it a whirl on a couple of months if there's still no BFP - like you said - it would be great to know whether or not In actually O and to check progesterone levels.

Do you get Mittelschmerz when you O? I get very obvious Mittelschmerz - I was wondering if you had ever got a positive OPK and Mittelschmerz and yet your chart told you you hadn't Od. Anyone ever had that?

Kati- Have fun in Jamaica!

I am going to be out of town for a few weeks too! I hope when I come back, all you ladies have your BFP's :D

Hi ladies. Im 8dpo and i had cramping yesterday which was strong enough to wake me up. I have had a small amount of red/brown spotting today and now the crampa have stopped. My boobs hurt and i have lower back ache but im still a week from AF. It could be implantation - fingers crossed! I have had these symptoms before and got bfn. Babydust to all!

Flou it def sound like implantation that's wot I had before I got my BFP xx

I have been cramped up on and off today, I think AF will be here tomorrow. I was hoping this would be my month but i guess not

Me neither Pnutsprincess - I'm out for this cycle as of yesterday. When is :witch: gonna get that I don't wanna play 'tig' anymore???!!!

Ah sorry hopeforfuture! i hate the witch!! i am currently on CD6 and feeling very hopefuly for this month!! i hope we all get our BFPs!

Cd8 here ant hope I o by the end of the week I will get my rainbow baby in may I hope....xx

ok im having a freak attack just did a FRER and very faint line within 5 mins is it an evap??

ok im having a freak attack just did a FRER and very faint line within 5 mins is it an evap??

Does it have pink color or does it look gray? What do the directions say? - Some tests are valid for 10 minutes and others shorter like 5 minutes.

It might just be the beginning stages or a BFP and a little early to get a bright line as you are only 9dpo! My FX are so crossed for you!

I am 13 days late, my period was suppose to start April 17, my last period was march 20 and i always start two weeks after i ovulate. I should have ovulated on April 3 and had sex two days before, day of, and day after... we are TTC!!! i took a pregnancy test april 14 before i was suppose to start my period and got a faint positive so faint i think i was the onloy one who could see it, whishful thinking i was gueesing, i then took another one on April 16 the day before my missed period and it was a faint line, the line was faint but def was there... husband said to take a test in a week and then see if it got darker, i couldnt wait a week and i took on the 19th two days after my missed period and it said negative, about day 4 after missed period April 21 started spotting/dishagre light brown, not even enough for a panty liner, only when i wipe so i took a digital test it said not pregnant... whats going on am i pregnant??? i still have not started my period, i am 13 days late and have no symptoms of starting my period. I am 21 years old btw and i was pregnant when i was 18 but didnt find out i was pregnant until i was three months along, i had missed my period then but it was summer and didnt realize it until it hit 3 months i then had every symptom in the book of pregnancy.. i called my doctor and i have a blood test tday after work so hoping tat gives me apositive but she said ill have to wait 3 days for my results, is it maybe i dont have high enough level of hcg to show up on a home test?? do u think im pregnant???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->