TTC for Baby #1 - Looking for Buddies

LearningLife

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new on here and trying to find a buddy or more who is TTC for their first :baby: this month.

It would be great to team up with you! I love how all of you are very supportive and I don't feel that there is anyone else I can turn to in this very exciting, yet vulnerable time.

I'll try to be brief in giving you my history:-

- October 2010 - got off birth control pills but used protection until end of last month!
- Have irregular periods, anywhere between 27 & 36 days.
- Have not temped, don't use LH test strips, basically try to calculate and aim for most fertile days
- This is how I calculate keeping in mind that women "generally" ovulate 14 days after their first day of menses: (shortest cycle) 27-14 = 13 and (longest cycle) 36-14 = 22 so I ovulate between the 13th and 22nd day after my LMP which would be between Dec. 1-Dec. 10.
- Randomly BD'd on Nov. 27, 28, 29, 30 until I found out about above method after which BD'd Dec. 6 and Dec. 10 --- unfortunately had a short trip away from DH in between so hoping didn't miss the most fertile day!
- Next MP might be anywhere starting on Dec. 16 (TEST DAY may be Dec. 20th!)
- Taking pre-natal vits, calcium, vit. C, and since I'm slightly hypothyroid (found out Sept.'11) on synthroid which a Nurse Practitioner I just met last week told me could help boost fertility/regulate periods...stupid hormonal imbalances :(
- upon someone's suggestion on here, watched The Great Sperm Race - very informative!
- found out elsewhere that Vit. B6 can help boost fertility
- living in a new state so don't have family, friends, don't have an OB/GYN right now but instead googling for advice for now :flower:
- :nope: know all the acronyms, but I like the smilies!
- Learning, waiting, hoping, and trying not to phantom-symptom check...

Hoping to hear from you!

:dust:

Me and DH are TTC our first one too. Its the first month and I am crossing my fingers. BBT did not really work for me because I cannot keep track of it. So me and HB pretty much have sex from the last day of my last period till now and will continue till my next period (which hopefully won't come) just to cover all the bases lol But good luck to you! We can be TTC buddies since I don't really have a supportive group (except my DH of course) =)

uadreamybabe - I love your name and I'm excited to be on this journey with you! Yes, please, let's be first time TTC buddies :)

It sounds like you are doing all the right things...BD'ing! I'm wishing you lots & lots of baby dust.

I'm trying to get through this without medical advice for now (no health insurance but luckily per state regulations, will be covered once I'm pregnant - although not trying to live off of anyone's taxes but after moving to a new state two years ago, jobs are difficult to find so doing what we can while DH goes to school - 3 more years for him)!

I just saw you are in NY. Well, I'm in BOS, so we are practically neighbors :)

I also have no one right now other than DH since my in-laws are in a diff. state and my parents in another country! It's hard to find friends, esp. TTC buddies in a new city!!

After posting my first post for this thread just now, I realized that I may have miscalculated a bit (shortest cycle was 25 days, not 27) but it works out for the better since the dates came up as Nov 29-Dec 10th!

It's our first time TTC'ing too. DH and I have been married for almost 3.5 years :)

How do I insert a 'Tickler' like yours. I just created one.

YAY, you made me so happy :)

Yea me and DH have been actively trying this month. I bought the OPK which helped a little and BBT which did no help because I don't measure the temperature as soon as I wake up so I can't really use it. Now I am in the two week waiting period to see what the results are. *crossing fingers*
To insert it go to User CP and then go to signature. You can add the code there. =)

Unfortunately I was away for a bit of that 'fertile period' so unclear if I missed it. I'm also in the waiting period although, just like you, I think we will BD at least every other day until I see AF!

What is the OPK & where did you buy it? Do you think it's useful? I'm not sure if I should wait until I see AF this month...maybe won't see AF at all. Hoping we both have BFPs! Don't have too much money to waste so have been holding on to one preg. test that the NP I saw gave me through her clinic...going to use it in another 10 days or so. I probably won't do good with charting BBT's either!

Thanks for the 'tickler' advice - let's see if it comes up now :)

Hmm, for some reason code didn't work. Anyhow, have you been experiencing any symptoms yet or not wanting to go there...I have and trying not to dwell on them!

Hmm, for some reason code didn't work. Anyhow, have you been experiencing any symptoms yet or not wanting to go there...I have and trying not to dwell on them!

the ticker has to be the bbt format not html i made the same mistake.

I really am trying not to focus on any symptoms because I don't want to build my hopes up and then be disappointed, but if i had to name things that are bothering me as off lately are:
Gassy
Constipated
Headaches
And feeling of nausea here and there throughout the day at random moments :nope:

Although there can always be tons of reasons for these symptoms so I don't want to build my hopes up. What about you????

OPK - ovulation prediction kits. I bought in RiteAid for 11$ and there are 20 strips. They worked better for me then BBT because I can actually monitor them lol and not :sleep: through =P

fingers crossed that we both have a :baby: in nine months =]]] keep me updated...=]

Okay - we'll see if it's now in bbt format...

As far as symptoms, I felt them as early as Sat. Dec. 3rd. but that's not even 6 days after first BD'ing to TTC, and BD'ing probably outside of fertile period at that point!

Symtoms include:
- hungry throughout the day but sometimes feel full too - weird!
- twinges of nausea here and there, especially on an empty stomach
- had (the feeling) to pee a bit more
- general weird feeling in my lower abdomen
- some constipation, gas/burping
- feeling a bit more tired than usual
- small headaches as if I'm dehydrated a lot
- bloated (not sure if I'm just growing bigger round the middle since I've eaten a lot since before thanksgiving & have a mostly sedentary lifestyle) ;-)
- slight (thoughts of) food aversion - like feeling a bit nauseated when a friend recently mentioned she was making roast beef for a dinner I was to have at her house while I was traveling!

DID NOT NOTICE:-
- Any spotting (liners are irritating to me so not been wearing them at all)
- breast tenderness

BUT like you mentioned, the above could be due to a lot of things, and since we are really TTC'ing, could be stress and what not. Trying to just go with the flow and see what happens.

We are trying for our first too and this month is month Uh.. 6 for us! I'm testing on the 25th and this was the first month we used opk... Here's hoping!

HI Taintedlove - WELCOME, and I'm so glad I'm on this journey with this entire forum! I'm happy to have found a support place for people like us :)

Wishing you lots of :dust:

I haven't used OPK at all - first month trying, just guesstimating everything and trying to calculate as best as possible.

Keep your head up!

Have either of you watched The Great Sperm Race (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAnMymnJiLM). I keep going on about it because it was an eye-opener!

Also, if you are interested, here are pictures of the cervix in different situations, stages in life: https://www.beautifulcervix.com/cervix-photo-galleries/photos-of-cervix/

Our body is beautiful and here's to hoping we can each get to experience the miracle of birth!

Me and DH are TTC our first one too. Its the first month and I am crossing my fingers. BBT did not really work for me because I cannot keep track of it. So me and HB pretty much have sex from the last day of my last period till now and will continue till my next period (which hopefully won't come) just to cover all the bases lol But good luck to you! We can be TTC buddies since I don't really have a supportive group (except my DH of course) =)

You sound a lot like myself, must be in the NY water :)

My husband and I are TTC for#1, and it being our first time trying... we were a little carried away with the BD! Guessing that I ovulated on the 8th (LMP started 11/24 - 28day schedule), we "went to town" all last week. I guess I would be going on 4dpo. The 2WW is terrible..and its my first time calculating!!! Yikes.

Best wishes on BFP's this month!!

EMandPATRICK - I know you are responding to uadreamybabe, but I wanted to tell you that I am excited that it's you and DH's first time TTC & waiting. I'm totally in the same boat...although, instead of continued excitement, I caught myself telling DH just now that I don't think it's happening.....

I'm very new to this so remind me when you will test? I think my test date is either 20th or 21st but just realized I'm on a journey on the Amtrack to my in-laws for Christmas on the 21st...aaaaghh...

:dust: to you...

I am testing in right before xtmas. My period should start on the 23/24 so if doesn't I am testing. Hopefully it will have enough hHG to pick up.
I'm in the 2WW period too now and its crazy but I don't want to think about it too much. Just enjoy it, have some more sex for you this time and hope for the best =]]]

I just wanted to write an update on symptoms (which till now i thought were in my head but this morning gave me hope)
1. Headache
2. Lower back pain
3. Constipation
4. Bloated
5. Gassy (which is unusual for me)
6. Boobs feel on fire (weird I know)
7. A week of positive OPK (weird right)
8. Woke in the morning, eat breakfast, go to bathroom......SPOTTING! (very light but sure enough spotting) eek! fingers crossed!

EMandPATRICK - I know you are responding to uadreamybabe, but I wanted to tell you that I am excited that it's you and DH's first time TTC & waiting. I'm totally in the same boat...although, instead of continued excitement, I caught myself telling DH just now that I don't think it's happening.....

I'm very new to this so remind me when you will test? I think my test date is either 20th or 21st but just realized I'm on a journey on the Amtrack to my in-laws for Christmas on the 21st...aaaaghh...

:dust: to you...

Thank you for responding.. and I'm excited for you too! As for telling your husband you don't think its happening, you have another 10 days. Implantation might not have taken place yet! Every women is different, and every cycle is too, have hope! I should really be taking this advice for myself, I just caught myself questioning ovulation of a week ago. Before my FMU today, I noticed CM that almost looked as if I were ovulating. Now I'm anxious wondering if I should go purchase an ovulation kit. But if I was correct last week, it would just be a waste of $$. My LPM was 11/24, with a cycle of 27-28days, so ovulating on 12/12 would be a little late, right?

Anywho, I started testing with FMU on 10miu tests already...giving myself a baseline for later this month (if I do start seeing a line). Amtracks have bathrooms right? hehe.. bring a test in your purse, and sneak away! Either that, or test right before you leave, and the day after your arrive.

I wish you the best of luck this month, I hope we get BFPs for Christmas :)

Hey just seen this :)

I'm Chloe, 20 and my fiance and I have just started our first month of TTC (I'm currently on CD3 :thumbup:)

I hope you all get your :bfp:s! :dust: xx

uadreamybabe : Your symptoms sound very very positive to me!!! I'm hoping what you saw is IB! I'm already getting excited for you and hoping to hear of a positive BNP when you finally :test:

EMandPATRICK : If your LMP was 12/24 and you have a 27-28 cycle then your fertile days were on Dec. 6 & 7, so Dec. 12 sounds a bit late. However, like you said every woman is different, and we can guesstimate as much as possible but our bodies can react in any which way in any particular month. Hopefully you BD'd as much as possible before, during and after. Like uadreamybabe mentioned, now we can just BD for ourselves. I'm planning to at least every other day until I get my periods.

Mine (to mention yet again) is a 25-36 day cycle - irregular (went off bcp's Oct'10). My LMP was 11/19 and fertile days according to the irregularity were between Nov 29-Dec 10th. My plan was to BD daily or at least every other day between there, or for the entire month, but was off on a trip between Nov 30-Dec 6th. However, BD'd Nov 27, 28, 29, 30 (hoping sperm lived for a bit!), Dec 6 & 10th. DH is in his 'finals' week for school so he leaves early and doesn't get home till very late - school is done on the 14th. I have no idea when my nextMP is due...usually get sore boobs...but nothing yet! Had some symptoms that I don't want to read into especially because don't want to get our hopes up and because they don't fully exist everyday!

I have not used OPK at all this month...I'm waiting to buy OPKs and Preg. test strips that someone mentioned were available on Amazon for $9 or so...if it doesn't work out this month!

P test strips: (https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Pregn...ef=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1314470347&sr=1-2)

OPK: (https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Step-Ovulation-Strips-50-Count/dp/B004IJHDN6/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_img_b)

Unfortunately I haven't paid too much attention to CM etc. Not temping either.

Going overseas to visit my parents/family in January (Dec 31-Jan27) with DH so not sure what we are going to do - just hoping for a BNP!

Sorry this turned out to be an essay...

Smile181c: Thank you for joining. Hope you get your heart's desire as well. :)

EMandPATRICK: PS: You made me laugh about checking in the Amtrack =) I don't have too much $$ to waste and currently have just ONE preg. test so hoping to check as late as possible....which may be the day we arrive 12/21 (if I can't wait) or the day after we arrive 12/22! And till then hoping not to see the :witch:

Hoping not to go too crazy...too many people on here have been trying unsuccessfully for too long which makes me feel sad and hopeless - yet I'm still grateful for this forum! So, trying to remain positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->