• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC for Baby #1 - Looking for Buddies

PS: This might sound gross, but the unopened preg. test I have is expired as of 11/10!!! I just noticed - guess I'd kept it for a while for a lucky day....would it still be accurate or should I (definitely) go buy a new one?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new on here and trying to find a buddy or more who is TTC for their first :baby: this month.

It would be great to team up with you! I love how all of you are very supportive and I don't feel that there is anyone else I can turn to in this very exciting, yet vulnerable time.

I'll try to be brief in giving you my history:-

- October 2010 - got off birth control pills but used protection until end of last month!
- Have irregular periods, anywhere between 27 & 36 days.
- Have not temped, don't use LH test strips, basically try to calculate and aim for most fertile days
- This is how I calculate keeping in mind that women "generally" ovulate 14 days after their first day of menses: (shortest cycle) 27-14 = 13 and (longest cycle) 36-14 = 22 so I ovulate between the 13th and 22nd day after my LMP which would be between Dec. 1-Dec. 10.
- Randomly BD'd on Nov. 27, 28, 29, 30 until I found out about above method after which BD'd Dec. 6 and Dec. 10 --- unfortunately had a short trip away from DH in between so hoping didn't miss the most fertile day!
- Next MP might be anywhere starting on Dec. 16 (TEST DAY may be Dec. 20th!)
- Taking pre-natal vits, calcium, vit. C, and since I'm slightly hypothyroid (found out Sept.'11) on synthroid which a Nurse Practitioner I just met last week told me could help boost fertility/regulate periods...stupid hormonal imbalances :(
- upon someone's suggestion on here, watched The Great Sperm Race - very informative!
- found out elsewhere that Vit. B6 can help boost fertility
- living in a new state so don't have family, friends, don't have an OB/GYN right now but instead googling for advice for now :flower:
- :nope: know all the acronyms, but I like the smilies!
- Learning, waiting, hoping, and trying not to phantom-symptom check...

Hoping to hear from you!

:dust:

My DH and I are trying to conceive this month as well. We were hoping to be pregnant by Christmas but time is ticking!

I stopped taking birth control in June after my period, and didn't have a period for 4 months. I finally went into see a doctor, was given a medication (can't recall the name now) and after 10 days my period arrived. My DH and I haven't used protection since I stopped my birth control in June.

My period came November 28th, was late by 1.5 days... I was hopeful I was pregnant but it came, went, and now here I am. All my ovulation tests come negative, which is freaking me out. :( I am so frustrated - who knew getting pregnant was so hard?

Oh and to add:

I don't know what all the acronyms are either... so when I read the forum I'm a little confused, LOL. I'm sure I'll learn with time.

- I am also taking pre-natal vitamins and a folic acid supplement.

- I moved to the US to be with my husbands so I'm in a new area completely. I don't have friends (yet!) and no family around. I don't have a regular doctor or OB/GYN! I am trying to find one soon. I've been Googling for advice and support and found this place!

Aw, TTC is difficult isn't it? Before I came across this forum I knew handful of people who had "nothing wrong" with them and couldn't conceive and were married and trying for a while. Now I know how many more suffer because it's just so hard!

Hoping your periods become a bit more regular. Were they regular or irregular prior to using bcps? And how long did you use bcps for?

Mine were irregular before and now after...but I have them every month which is at least a good thing.

Wishing you lots of :dust:

Oh and to add:

I don't know what all the acronyms are either... so when I read the forum I'm a little confused, LOL. I'm sure I'll learn with time.

- I am also taking pre-natal vitamins and a folic acid supplement.

- I moved to the US to be with my husbands so I'm in a new area completely. I don't have friends (yet!) and no family around. I don't have a regular doctor or OB/GYN! I am trying to find one soon. I've been Googling for advice and support and found this place!

----wow, your story sounds very similar to mine! I have been in the US, went to school here, for 10.5 yrs. now but my husband is from here. We moved to a new state about 2yrs ago for hubby to go to grad school which he has 3 more years! Expensive city, small space, biological clock ticking so just going for it.
Just like you have no OB/GYN, no friends around here, no family here either although we'll be visiting my home overseas in January - first ques. everyone is going to ask is..."When are you having kids..."...ugh :(

Aw, TTC is difficult isn't it? Before I came across this forum I knew handful of people who had "nothing wrong" with them and couldn't conceive and were married and trying for a while. Now I know how many more suffer because it's just so hard!

Hoping your periods become a bit more regular. Were they regular or irregular prior to using bcps? And how long did you use bcps for?

Mine were irregular before and now after...but I have them every month which is at least a good thing.

Wishing you lots of :dust:

I know. So many of my friends and family members are getting pregnant. It seems it happens for them overnight. :(

My periods were regular before and during taking birth control. I was on it regularly for a whopping 6 years. I've never been this irregular, I really don't like it. I used to be able to chart everything down to the hour basically!

Thank you, I wish you a lot of :dust: too! :)

[/QUOTE=]

I know. So many of my friends and family members are getting pregnant. It seems it happens for them overnight. :(

My periods were regular before and during taking birth control. I was on it regularly for a whopping 6 years. I've never been this irregular, I really don't like it. I used to be able to chart everything down to the hour basically!

Thank you, I wish you a lot of :dust: too! :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, you are right, other then the infertility issues, I've too many friends posting pics. of their newborns/babies on facebook! :) At one point, there was something in the water in their states...everyone was getting pregnant!!!

Sometimes it takes your body a while to start becoming more regular and to start ovulating as well. Someone on here mentioned they were off bcp's June 2010 and only began ovulating August 2011. Not sure how exactly they determined that. PS: I just realized you did use OPK's and that they were coming up as negative so it could be that you haven't ovulated yet after dropping bcp's.

We've only BD'd a few times this month. As I mentioned before, I was traveling right in there so not sure if we missed the day. Shouldn't worry too much as this is only the first time. Gotta let the body do what it needs to do and try to relax and take it easy, as much as possible.

Sometimes this forum is a bit stressful too but it's nice to have the support we otherwise may not have :hugs:

Hey guys I'm looking for a TTC #1 buddy too:blush: I'm on CD 10 and hoping for a christmas baby!
little bit about me: I'm 23 so is DH married for 2 years, TTC for 11 months, diagnosed with PCOS this year.
waiting to O but according to FF looks like I'll be testing around 31st Dec.

Hey guys I'm looking for a TTC #1 buddy too:blush: I'm on CD 10 and hoping for a christmas baby!
little bit about me: I'm 23 so is DH married for 2 years, TTC for 11 months, diagnosed with PCOS this year.
waiting to O but according to FF looks like I'll be testing around 31st Dec.

Hey, welcome! Yes, let's all be buddies together...the more, the merrier :)

I'm so sorry to hear about you being diagnosed with PCOS and having tried for almost a year already. Must be so tough :(

There are a few in this chat that will be testing around Christmas. I go back and forth, not sure if I will test by Dec. 22nd in my MIL's bathroom...or wait until I miss AF!!!

Currently, not feeling like anything happened this month...sigh

Wishing you lots of happiness :dohh: & :dust:

Thanks learninglife,
It has been really tough especially when all my friends have gotten pregnant so easily, some of them are even onto #2!!
But i've found this site to be so helpful and supportive it keeps me strong
lots of babydust to you all!!
and fingers crossed for december!!
xxx :dust: xxx

Hey Everyone - could whoever wanted to be buddied up with me/all respond with a Yes...That way, I'll place your names on my signature as I don't want to lose you if our post gets lost under all the new and upcoming threads? Thank you! :)

Hi LearningLife! I'd be thrilled to buddy up with you! :)

Hey Everyone - could whoever wanted to be buddied up with me/all respond with a Yes...That way, I'll place your names on my signature as I don't want to lose you if our post gets lost under all the new and upcoming threads? Thank you! :)

Yes =]

Hey Ladies - Awesome! Thanks for your replies. I now have you in my signature so I don't lose you in the massive flow of threads :)

Yoohoo for four days in a row of BD'ing, even though DH didn't want to tonight...I showed him a bit of leg and his clothes came right off...:lol:

Have two new pimples on my face....yuck, no sore boobs, just slight tension headaches, even though I've been drinking my water. Almost used my one and only, expired preg. test (11/10) a few days early until DH told me he doesn't want me to check tonight. It's his last finals eve, presentation due tomorrow. He said I could check Thursday. Will have to get a new preg. test though for sure because the expired one can totally show inaccurate results...even though I'm tempted to try as a practice run...haha!!!

Hope you are hanging in there :dust:

Yep! :thumbup:

Hey Ladies - Awesome! Thanks for your replies. I now have you in my signature so I don't lose you in the massive flow of threads :)

Yoohoo for four days in a row of BD'ing, even though DH didn't want to tonight...I showed him a bit of leg and his clothes came right off...:lol:

Have two new pimples on my face....yuck, no sore boobs, just slight tension headaches, even though I've been drinking my water. Almost used my one and only, expired preg. test (11/10) a few days early until DH told me he doesn't want me to check tonight. It's his last finals eve, presentation due tomorrow. He said I could check Thursday. Will have to get a new preg. test though for sure because the expired one can totally show inaccurate results...even though I'm tempted to try as a practice run...haha!!!

Hope you are hanging in there :dust:

My Hubby is finishing up his law school finals too so he is all on nerves, hence Im on nerves too. lol

But I have been getting some signs I think:

1. Light vaginal bleeding (10 days before the actual AF) which is usually refered to as spotting i believe not really bleeding.
2. Mild cramping here and there, minor headaches that come and go
3. Low energy
4. My chin is full of breakouts that I haven't seen in years.
5. Continued positive OPK's

Hope these are all the sings I am looking for but no sore bb's so I don't know. It seems everyone experiences those when pregnant except me.

I'm waiting to O, on CD 11 no positive OPK yet but getting watery CM, my bb's are realllyyyy sore, the sorest they've ever been! does anyone else get sore bb's before they O?

other than that no other symptoms I don't really get O pain..

Hello all,

I would love to join the club please. I am 30yrs old and DH is 32. This is our first time TTC. I stopped bcp on Nov 26 and had AF on Dec 1. I believe that I'm ovulating right now or just about to. I've had ewcm on Dec 11 and 13 then I had slight cramps on my lower right abdomen yesterday and today. My cycles last b/w 27-28 days. I'm not using OPK's right now but just guessing my ovulation time.

I'm so happy to be able to share this with you girls. Wishing everyone BFP's really soon! BTW how do you guys get that blinking BPF??

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1322719200z7z28z14.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"