Ttc in early 20's (19 welcome too :) )

Skyler2014

Mom to son born Apr. 30th
Reaction score
25 or younger? Come chat with people your own age who are also ttc. We can discuss the benefits of being young parents and the judgement we face or will face for getting pregnant at a young age.
Personally, I am 20 years old, just came off of birth control at the end of November. I am currently on Cd 46. Never going back on hormonal bc! I think I'm just going to chart and temp to prevent pregnancy after this pregnancy and if we get pregnant again oh well. I seem to have gotten 2 Lh surges this cycle, which means I likely ovulated after the second one, Cd 32. :shrug: I'm surprisingly calm about it. I have to move at the end of the month so I'm keeping myself busy

Update: that first cycle lasted 68 days and I didn't ovulate until Cd 57

22 right here! :) Trying to conceive number two!

I'm 22, DF is 24. TTC #1 :) 10dpo right now and going insane! I have high hopes... but then also feel like i'm out. Haha, so contradictory- but it explains me right now. I'm so confused!!!

Quite a few people have told us to wait before TTC. That we're too young. Good thing it's my life, my body, and not theirs! I CANNOT wait to be a mommy :)

Urgh, I don't understand why people must worry about what others are doing! If you're being a good mum and you're not hurting anyone, what is the problem? Some people just like to be mothers! It's wonderful. :) I can't wait for round 2, it's going to be a lot different, but just as wonderful! And we'll be a lot more prepared because we can recycle almost everything Samuel used.

I totally agree. I feel like I was born to be a mommy, all of my life I knew I would want a large family. My mom had my brother when she was 18, me when she was 21, little sister at 25, and baby sister at 38. She might have had a harder time being a single mom, but she did amazing raising us and would never take a second back.

My DF and I are in a very stable situation, both have good jobs, and just feel like it's time! Really for the past two years my heart has been aching for a baby. We NTNP all of 2012, December was the first time I started using OPK's and we made sure to BD around O time (NYE!!! :) ) So i'm hoping for my New Years wish <3

FX and :dust: to all. Hoping for a whole bunch of BFPs goin on in this thread!

Welcome ladies... I've typed this 3 times and I keep accidentally going off this page... Anyways only 5 people know we are ttc. The two couples we hang our with and my twin sister. One of my best friends was super excited and the other one was doubtful at first but excited now. My twin sister on the other hand was negative about the whole thing. Her exact words were "Why would you purposely have a child out of wedlock when you're getting married in 7 months anyway, why not wait." I almost spit out my pop when she used the word wedlock. Here's the thing, we've both been atheists since we were 13 and she's a lesbian so wedlock is never a word I expected to come out of her mouth. I swear we are mirror twins. She doesn't even know if she ever wants kids unless she gets a long term partner and she wants kids.

Hiya, im 22 and ttc number 1 :) onto my second month trying now trying not to get my hopes up for this month but its so hard..

Im a 3rd year uni student and Married :)

Hi Mrs. Lemon! Welcome. How's everyone doing today?
Afm- I started temping a few days ago after realizing how long this cycle was going to be. I had 2 at the same temperature, then it went up .3 degrees and today it dropped by .6. Of course I really don't know what any of this means. The drop today could be anything from implantation, to af about to show or just erratic temps. :shrug: what happens will happen. I decided to start temping late in my cycle just in case the first 2 Lh surges I didn't actually ovulate. This way I will catch it if I do ovulate.

Since we have a little one already, I'm too busy to chart or temp, but we're just going to try lots of BDing lol.... when we have a chance!

I was originally planning on doing that but I'm the type of person who has to know what's going on so I ordered OPKs and a bbt. My OPKs got here right in time for staring to test but my bbt didn't arrive until halfway through so I figured I'd wait and use it if I didn't get pregnant but then I got that second surge and had no idea what was going to happen so I thought temping might help

I feel like it's going to take a while. I believe breastfeeding affects your fertility?

Ive ordered some OPKs from ebay .. cant wait until ovulation i hate this waiting :( Im so impatient.. I just want a baby :(

:hi: everyone new!!!! Good to see so many people around our age feeling the same way I feel.

And the other thing i'm feeling right now is... CONFUSION!!

Let me know what you all think...

I took the bottom test yesterday with smu. Totally looks positive right??? Well I couldn't believe that of course. Got the same test, waited until this morning with fmu... definitely not as dark :/ i'm so confused as to what is going on!!! I suppose I should wait until this one's dry to compare.. but it wasn't as dark when wet as the other one was.

Attachments

• poas 004.jpg
    poas 004.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
  • asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
  • poas 004d.jpg
    poas 004d.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
Wow. Maybe it's because it's a different test. Maybe the bottom one has a higher sensitivity? Are you going to test again?

Awe wow look at that horrible evap I got my first cycle usiong OPKs. Craziness! Bringing this thread back to life.

How is everyone doing?! I'm now on cycle 4 TTC after a year of NTNP. Hoping this is the cycle, DF's birthday is the 27th and my moms is the 30th, would love to give them both an awesome surprise!

Hello everyone! I'm 20yrs old TTC #1 dh is 23 :) not really sure when I ovulated my chart says 4 dpo but no clue cuz af is due the 18th & I always have perfect 28-29 day cycles. Really hoping this month is it! Good luck & baby dust!

Yay, yeah, what happened? Everyone just stopped posting. Surely there's at least a few more ladies ttc in their early 20's

Jett55- According to your temps It looks like FF is probably right and you are 4dpo! Good luck hun!

Hello everyone! I'm 20yrs old TTC #1 dh is 23 :) not really sure when I ovulated my chart says 4 dpo but no clue cuz af is due the 18th & I always have perfect 28-29 day cycles. Really hoping this month is it! Good luck & baby dust!

Yay! Welcome. Your temps definitely suggest you ovulated when ff says you did. Were you sick or stressed? It is possible to simply ovulate late. Do you know when you usually ovulate?

Last cycle was around cd18 this is my first time temping though so I'm hoping this helps me get a better idea of my cycle. I hope ff is right cause that would make a lot of sense. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->