TTC & trying to loose weight club anyone?

Hi ladies!

So something I've been wondering recently... whenever you get your BFP's (yay!) how are you planning to manage weight loss and pregnancy?

I've been trying to give that a lot of thought, because I'm afraid that will give me another excuse to just give up. In an ideal world, I'd like to keep working out and stick to eating healthy, home-cooked things (more fruits and veggies!) and drinking lots of water.

Have you guys given it any thought?

I have! But since you have a LO already you probably know you always go into pregnancy with the best intentions but it seems to never work out that way! With both mine I thought id keep active, eat healthy food. But it seems morning sickness and exhaustion kept me from working out. Then no matter what I NEVER craved healthy food!! It was always sweets and breads and fried greasy food. With #1 I was over dosing on bakery pretzels, apfel strudel and pizza. With #2 it was churros and jalapeno poppers with ranch! So the weight piled on and as much as I thought it was for the baby it was mostly for my ass :rofl:

Then again before those pregnancies I wasnt eating very good anyways. I was working out but still eating junk a lot. So this time the plan is to kick the junk food and sugar habit before pregnancy that way Im use to eating the good stuff and maybe Ill crave that. Im also not going to stress the work out part as much but just staying active by going on walks or lifting a few light weights. Maybe going to yoga. That way im not exhausted by the thought of working out before I even do it! I drink a lot of water so im not too worried about that. Whats no fun about that is the having to pee every five minutes because youre pregnant then adding tons of water on top of that you feel like you live in the bathroom!

Hi ladies!

So something I've been wondering recently... whenever you get your BFP's (yay!) how are you planning to manage weight loss and pregnancy?

I've been trying to give that a lot of thought, because I'm afraid that will give me another excuse to just give up. In an ideal world, I'd like to keep working out and stick to eating healthy, home-cooked things (more fruits and veggies!) and drinking lots of water.

Have you guys given it any thought?

It had crossed my mind what would I do if I am lucky enough to get bfp before reaching goal and to be honest I thought I would just ask midwife advice :haha: Though I do recall when I was at SW they was a pregnant woman attending and guess it would of been under medical advise. I guess if you are sensible and ask advise of the professionals you can. Saying that having never been there and done that like some of you I do not know how hard to will be! Some of us will compete with nausea, food cravings, swollen ankles.....I wont go on :haha:

I totally know how everyone feels about the 'best intentions'. I lost 10 lbs by 16 weeks with my DS because of the vomiting, and I didn't 'break even' with my pre-pregnancy weight till almost the 3rd trimester due to all the food aversions, nausea, and heart burn... (sometimes I wonder why I'm in such a hurry to do it all over again :haha:)

I also didn't work out at ALL last time (literally spent all my time in the toilet either throwing up or peeing!), which meant that as I got further along I could barely walk around the block without running out of breath. I've also heard that having a better condition might help speed up labour (and hopefully help me get my VBAC!). I was also borderline on gestational diabetes with DS (just slightly on the 'normal' side) so I'm hoping that by trying to eat healthier and keep working out, I won't be as worn out next time and won't have any sugar issues.

Hi guys, I am on my first month of TTC #2 after waiting 7yrs for #1 with fertility issues, and gained so much weight since she was born 9 months ago, I need to get the weight back off to up my chances. I went to SW when pregnant was fine at first but when I gained the leader was nasty to me, as she didnt like anyone gaining in her class, said it made her look bad, I was 5months preggo, but I have my orig books and I am going to start doing it from home again as of Monday morning at home.

Im new to this site, and dont know anyone on here, so I hope you guys dont mind me butting in..

Sam x

Hi guys, I am on my first month of TTC #2 after waiting 7yrs for #1 with fertility issues, and gained so much weight since she was born 9 months ago, I need to get the weight back off to up my chances. I went to SW when pregnant was fine at first but when I gained the leader was nasty to me, as she didnt like anyone gaining in her class, said it made her look bad, I was 5months preggo, but I have my orig books and I am going to start doing it from home again as of Monday morning at home.

Im new to this site, and dont know anyone on here, so I hope you guys dont mind me butting in..

Sam x

Welcome Sam! You are not butting in at all, everyone here is lovely. Would you like to be added to the list? Do you have a goal? I can not believe the leader at SW was so awful to you :( I think the leaders are very competitive. I was never comfortable with the class environment but everyone is different. Good luck with your journey, I look forward to reading your posts. :) x

I may have missed this..whats SW?

You know what grinds my gears :winkwink: when doctors/midwifes/nurses say you shouldnt gain or should only gain x amount during pregnancy.

I had the skinniest youngest nurse ever tell me the other day..when I was at the doctors office for something no where related to weight...that My BMI was considered overweight and I should "probably do something about that". I said "Well I am but I just had surgery and not suppose to even walk for long periods. And Im trying to lose 15 pounds before having #3" and she snarkly said "3 small kids? You think you can keep up with that? what a nightmare". I felt like sitting on her and shoving cupcakes down her throat :rofl: Just wait till she has a baby and gets some years on her being skinny wont be so easy! :winkwink:

Yes please if you dont mind.. I will like to be added to Monday with a goal of... errrm! 85Lb for now, see I have alot to lose lol. That will take me back down to my pre baby weight of under 16st, and if I get preggo before I reach that id like to carry on with SW and try and lose/not gain any during pregnancy again like last time, (1st gain in 8.5months wasnt bad, was the 5st afterwards thats killed me)

Thanks again chick :)

Cant talk to anyone at home about it, as no one knows im TTC, they just nag me to lose weight lol

in my first TWW this time round, and dont know what to look out for as only found out was preggo with DD after surgery and was due further surgery day after I tested, was only testing down to hospital procedure, didnt expect to have a BFP as didnt feel preg and didnt have any symptoms, or I wasnt aware of any anyways lol

Yes please if you dont mind.. I will like to be added to Monday with a goal of... errrm! 85Lb for now, see I have alot to lose lol. That will take me back down to my pre baby weight of under 16st, and if I get preggo before I reach that id like to carry on with SW and try and lose/not gain any during pregnancy again like last time, (1st gain in 8.5months wasnt bad, was the 5st afterwards thats killed me)

Thanks again chick :)

Cant talk to anyone at home about it, as no one knows im TTC, they just nag me to lose weight lol

in my first TWW this time round, and dont know what to look out for as only found out was preggo with DD after surgery and was due further surgery day after I tested, was only testing down to hospital procedure, didnt expect to have a BFP as didnt feel preg and didnt have any symptoms, or I wasnt aware of any anyways lol

It is difficult when you do not want to tell people you are ttc, that is whats great about this site. Have you popped over to the tww? It is great to find people who are in exactly the same position as you and people really great at answering questions, giving support and reassurance. I am on 4th cycle ttc and each time said I would not symptom spot but its hard not to! I am going to add you on to the list with your goal. x

I may have missed this..whats SW?

You know what grinds my gears :winkwink: when doctors/midwifes/nurses say you shouldnt gain or should only gain x amount during pregnancy.

I had the skinniest youngest nurse ever tell me the other day..when I was at the doctors office for something no where related to weight...that My BMI was considered overweight and I should "probably do something about that". I said "Well I am but I just had surgery and not suppose to even walk for long periods. And Im trying to lose 15 pounds before having #3" and she snarkly said "3 small kids? You think you can keep up with that? what a nightmare". I felt like sitting on her and shoving cupcakes down her throat :rofl: Just wait till she has a baby and gets some years on her being skinny wont be so easy! :winkwink:

OMG how dare she! Some people are so rude. I really think it is harder to one keep the weight off and 2 lose it in my thirties, in my twenties if I went on a diet it dropped off. Her time will come! You really should of sat on her :haha: :rofl:

Thanks very much Mrskitty, yeah I am going to have a nosey on the TWW threads shortly :) Thank you very much lovely :)

Can I please be changed to Thursday weigh-ins on here.

Went to Slimming World for my weigh in today (Thurs) and I lost 2 lbs this week! I am half a pound away from having lost 2 and a half stone (which is 35 pounds). Yay! :)

Hey ladies- Can I be moved to Monday weigh in. I am currently on summer vacation from work so I am hoping I can remember that. :)

So I have decided to go back to Primal Diet and keep my carbs to less than 20 g per meal and 15 per snack. For a total of less than 100 per day.

I am also going to do the 30 day shred. I am hoping to start all of this tomorrow. It has been a crazy stressful week and I haven't felt well.

Good luck to all the ladies!

I lost 12st on the original weight watchers plan but since it changed i gained 7st back on i just cant get on with the new plan so im attempting sw! Dh wont allow me to do weight watchers he hates it and prefers to cook sw meals (when he ever cooks lol)

Had a blow out last night not feeling too great last few days hoping i feel better today got work and my sister (manager) isnt best to work for at the moment lol

Can I please be changed to Thursday weigh-ins on here.

Went to Slimming World for my weigh in today (Thurs) and I lost 2 lbs this week! I am half a pound away from having lost 2 and a half stone (which is 35 pounds). Yay! :)

Well done! :happydance: I have changed you to Thursday and added your weight loss since you were already a few days in on here. :)

Hey ladies- Can I be moved to Monday weigh in. I am currently on summer vacation from work so I am hoping I can remember that. :)

So I have decided to go back to Primal Diet and keep my carbs to less than 20 g per meal and 15 per snack. For a total of less than 100 per day.

I am also going to do the 30 day shred. I am hoping to start all of this tomorrow. It has been a crazy stressful week and I haven't felt well.

Good luck to all the ladies!

I have changed you to Monday, I hope I do not get too many changes I will get confused :haha: I have not heard of primal diet? A low carb I struggle with not eating meat or fish, but this is not a total carb free I take it. I have not heard of shred either, must check that out!

I hope you feel better soon and your week improves. :hugs:

Oops were we supposed to choose a weigh in day? lol

I lost 12st on the original weight watchers plan but since it changed i gained 7st back on i just cant get on with the new plan so im attempting sw! Dh wont allow me to do weight watchers he hates it and prefers to cook sw meals (when he ever cooks lol)

Had a blow out last night not feeling too great last few days hoping i feel better today got work and my sister (manager) isnt best to work for at the moment lol

I could not lose with new ww, old ww always worked so well for me! Sorry to hear you had a bad night, tomorrow is a new day and we just start again eh? :hugs:

Ive had an overall horrible week so I doubt Ill have lost anything. The :witch: was upon me so I of course felt exhausted, super hungry all the time, bloated just bleh! Todays a new day! Maybe I can lose at least an ounce :winkwink:

Oops were we supposed to choose a weigh in day? lol
No I have just put the day on which people joined to update on here, it does not matter if it is not the day you weigh in at a club it will just be the day you let us know your weekly loss! I do not want to change days if I can help it as it will get confusing for me lol! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->