Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Hi kenny and congratulations on your pregnancy. I m sorry you re going through such a rough time, any kind of bleeding is terrifying during pregnancy. What do you mean when you say "the bleeding is from the left side while the baby is on the right"??? A Normal shaped uterus doesnt have a right and a left side (well at least not two separate sides) so if your doc can clearly distinguish sides then a bu is highly likely. The other case might be that she means the baby has implanted on the right and there is a haematoma on the left...that is usually a subchorionic haematoma and is unrelated with bu. it doesnt harm the baby as long as it is not close to the placenta. A tilted uterus is also unrelated to bu (although i m not sure if there might be some connection..i too have a tilted uterus) and causes no problems at all. Now since she said your uterus has an odd shape it could well be bu (maybe the split is not so severe and she cant properly see it) plus it gets more difficult to diagnose a bu during pregnancy because of all the stretching (at 32 weeks my doc can no longer see the bu). If indeed this is a bu then bleeding can be normal, even with clots and heavy bright blood, as the "empty" side doesnt recognize the pg and tries to shed its lining (have a period as per usual). Did your doc put you on progesterone? And were you advised to stay in bed until further notice? I really really hope tuesday s scan brings good news and even though i dont know what will happen please take hope by the so many success stories on this thread. Please please update us on your appointment on tuesday, i will be thinking of you and keeping my fxed! Ask away any questions you might have and i ll answer if i know the answer!

Thak you so much for all of that information! I had never heard of subchorionic haematoma but I will now be asking about it on Tuesday.

I have not been given anything at all in terms of medication. Nor was I told to rest, I am a teacher & on my feet all day so ive been very tired because off all of the bleeding & stress.

She never mentioned BU to me. Just that my uterus is tilted and very long. The told me that they are hoping to see the baby more clearly this week and measure growth to see if its a viable pregnancy. This is my 1st pregnancy so I am totally lost and new to it all.

I m so sorry hun, it really sucks not knowing. With a tilted uterus It is usually a little more difficult to get a good scan picture so dont be too alarmed if the baby looks at little bit smaller... Have you heard a hb yet? This might again take a little longer with a titled uterus even though you may well hear it on tuesday ( i ve never heard a hb before week 6...it was 7w1d i think with this pg). I really cant comment on the "long" uterus but would really like to know what she meant. Many MANY bu go undiagnosed which is sad cause a simple diagnosis could make a huge difference in terms of monitoring and preventative measures. With that said however you really cant know if this is the case. Ask her if she thinks it might be. Even if it is, it is unlikely that you ll get a proper diagnosis now as you usually have to have a special procedure to get diagnosed (sorry, really dont know its name in english, hystero something!).
Even if it s not a bu i am astouned by the fact that she hasnt advised you to stay off your feet, at least until you know more about the bleeding. Could you take some days off? A lot of doctors dont agree with bed rest but i usually go by the moto "better safe than sorry"...
The SCH is like a blood clot forming under the lining of the uterus causing bleeding, it can grow or it can shrink but i think (not an expert) that as long as it s not somewhere to detach the placenta it is ok. Anyway, i m writing an essay here, really looking forward to some good news from you, please keep positive (i know it s easier said than done but try to think of something else when you get dark thoughts, they really dont help a bit)

Hey girls got my bfp today!
super excited but also so nervous after mc in dec.
I'm praying this one sticks.
Hope all you gals are doing good :)

Congrats on your little beans SBL and Kennys wishing you Botha happy and healthy 9 months xx

Sbl huge congratulations hun!!!!!yayayayayayyaayyaya!!!! I m wishing you a very very happy and healthy 9 months and sending lots and lots of sticky dust your way!!!!keep us updated, i want to see those beautiful scan pictures coming!!!

Thanks so much girls :hugs:

I am so nervous and of course of been freaking myself out but no more of that.

It wont do me any good.

How is everybody doing? I have a doctors appointment this evening so i'll let you know how i got on.

xx

Well I'm 4 dpo and been bbt charting and got my pos OPK on cd13 and my temps show I OV on cd 14 am due for AF on 6th of may but this morning (4dpo) my temp dipped right below my coverline which I read can happen sometimes when your body has a release of estrogen but I don't know I kinda feel out this month I know it's to early but no idea I just feel out :( I have really sensitive nipples and my lower back is aching on and off which I never usually get but have no idea anymore lol I guess I will wait out the 2ww and hopefully get my BFP :) I am so excited for you SBL :D make sure to keep us updated and lots of scan pics lol xx

Hi Chistiana, Ive not spoken to you in a while. I cant believe your 32 weeks now thats brilliant!
I posted here a few times regarding my double womb/uerus didelphys. Well Im pregnant again and will be 8 weeks on Thursday. I had an early scan at 6 weeks and seen the heartbeat. Ive been quite anxious as Ive had brown spotting on and off for 2 weeks but its stopped the past week. This time Im on progesterone and blood thinning injections so hopefully the progesterone will stop my body trying to have a period from teh left non pregnant side. At my scan tehy noticed a dark patch in the left womb which looks to be a haematoma and the source of the brown bleed.
Are you going to be having your baby early? xx

Hi Kennys, Ive read your story. Could it be possible that you also have uterus didelphys..its two seperate wombs! At my first scan last year they said that I had a bicornuate womb as it looked heart shaped but its actually been confirmed that I have two seperate wombs.
Last year in May I had full blow red bleeding with clots and teh baby was always fine in my right womb and the bleeding was coming from the left side.
This pregnancy again my baby is in teh right side and my non pregnant left womb has a dark patch which looks to be causing the brown spotting that Ive had!
Seriously I can imagine how distressing this is for you, its like an emotional rollercoaster of ups and downs.
If I were you I would present our cases to your doctor about us that you have spoken with either bicornuate or didelphys and request that you be started on progesterone supplements to try and stop this bleeding from your other side! Good luck for your scan xx

Sbl- looking forward to more news about your appointment today and hopefully a beautiful scan pic!!!

Littlemama- it could well be the dip before implantation...it s funny how when we think we re totally out that s when we get our bfp...keeping my fxed for you!!

Justkeepingfaith-yayayayaya some more good nees on this thread!!!congratulations hun and a very happy an healthy 9 months to you and bubs!! You seem to be taking all the preventative courses of action so i m pretty sure this will be your rainbow! Well done hun and keep it positive, in just a month you ll be out of the 1st trimester!! Dont worry about the brown spotting since you know where it s coming from..plus it s brown which means old..it just takes time for the haematoma to clear out (it took me 5 weeks to stop spotting brown after 2 weeks of bright red bleeding!)
I m having my baby at 37 weeks (please GOd let me make it to 37 weeks!) when we remove the stitch!!

Thanks Chistiana, that reassures me that you had 2 weeks of red followed by 5 weeks of brown. Im reassured to have seen the left side where it was coming from. Still a bit of a nervous wreck though!
Im glad things have continued well for you and your baby will be here in no time. Fingers crossed you get to 37 weeks and Im sure you will. Worst case scenario if you went a bit earlier Im sure everything would still be well x

Hi girlies :hugs:

Dr's appointment went well and she's sending me to the EPU tomorrow.

Just wondering will they be able to tell from the sonogram if bubs hasnt implanted on the septum at this stage?

I am not as excited this time more filled with fear at least until i see bubs heartbeat and i know its in the right place.

xx

Justkeeptrying- i know you re a nervous wreck hun, i totally get you, i still am sometimes! Imagine, baby is due in 5 weeks tops and i havent shopped or prepared a thing...pal is ery hard but when it does go by then you kind of forget all the scary thoughts you made! It takes a long time for blood to clear out or to be reabsorbed so dont worry, everythig will e ok!

Sbl- so glad your appointment went well!!thanks for updating! They might not be able to tell you exactly where it s implanted yet, my doc kept telling me "it is high but i m not sure where the placenta will eventually grow towards..it looks as if it s growing to the side but i cant be surr" and he kept this moto for a good few weeks! But then again yours might be more obvious! Hopefully it is well on the side! Happy hb listening hun, cant wait for more news!

Hey ladies how we all going? I am 6dpo today and still have sensitive nipples and back ache but can't seem to shake this feeling that I am out this month :/ I certainly hope I'm not, my mum said to me today maybe it's a sign as every other month I have thought yep this is the month it's the first time ever I tout I am out , still got 8 days before I can test at least as not due till 5 or 6th of may seems like forever away! Lol I was playing on a website and it had when my baby is due and goes on your last AF so I did it for this cycle and it came up the 11th jan 2013 which was the day we found out we had lost bub this year and the day before our wedding so maybe this is my month I have fingers crossed it is!! Xx

Heh i agree with your mum...everytime i ss and thought that was it i was all wrong then the month i said i m out i got my bfp!! And it will be great if indeed you get your bfp this month, then you can celebrate and remember your angel together and you ll always know he/she is looking after you (well that goes to say anyway!)..only a week before testing, it will fly by quick, you ll see!

Hi girls :hugs:

How are you all?

So I had my ultrasound this morning and I am not as far along as was expected.

gestational sac was measuring 3mm, lining is 12mm. so they think around 4-5 weeks.
Alas girls my bloods were not so good. :nope:

Hcg didnt rise to what they expected but it is rising.

I'm not getting excited because I know it may not go well.

back again next weds (all going well) for another us and more bloods.

stressed out beyond belief :cry:

Good luck with your testing littlemama fingers crossed for you hun.

chistiana how's your bun cooking?

xxx

sbl, hey babe, i know nothing i say will make you feel better but at such early stages measuring behind is soooooo sooo common....with ds i was always measuring about a week smaller and with this little bub i am measuring 4-5 days smaller even though i know exactly when i ovulated. A couple of days up or down from what you might have thought was ovulation and one or two days of implantation happening later could explain why you re measuring behind. I really dont want to raise your hopes and it s easier not to but if hcg is still rising then that is a good sign. I know it is not rising as you would have wanted it to but remember that doubling time is the average...i ve read a lot of slow hcg rising stories. Anyway, i really really hope you get super results next week and i ll be thinking and praying for you.
My bubs is cooking still, should have had two steroid shots today but i messed it up and only had one and now i m a little freaked out. Also, my doc ordered some blood tests to check my liver cause i ve been having horrible itching. yak. But on the whole..i wont complain! Lots of hugs your way!

Thank you sbl :) good luck with your gorgeous little bubba fingers crossed everything will go great which I know it just will :) a happy and healthy 9 months to xx

So last two days poor hubby has been experiencing what seems to morning sickness wakes up feeling sick and by lunch time is vomiting or bad drireaching which is exactly what happened last time I was pregnant so hopefully it's a good sign just not to good for poor DH :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->