• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uterine Anomaly Thread (bicornuate, unicornuate, septate, didelphys)

Hey hun i m glad everything turned out ok after last night, it must have been scary, i dont know if it is the same thing but with my second pg when i started bleedig very very heavily and had so much pain the doc in the hospital after we saw our little angel said that the chunks from the empty side were causing all the pain.anyway what matters is that bubs is fine!!!
We just came back, our lo is doing really well, he/she was moving around a lot but all the measurements showed normal development!the blood is still there but the doc thinks it will be gone by next wednesday so we have another appointment then! Once again he said 80% girl but wasnt sure as it was sitting with crossed legs!

Hey a real little lady sitting with her legs crossed lol or just being cheeky and not pettif you know haha I am glad everything is ok to I was panicking so much I honestly thought I was losing bub!! I have weekly scans and apps to and my bleeding is still there to its a mix between dark an bright red blood and has stringy mucus in it still I also have the occasional period pain in my lower abdomin that comes
And goes but doc said to keep an eye on it and if gets worse or I get to concerned to go out to emergency so I guess just a waiting game .. I am praying bub has grown and my hcg levels have gone up more by the next wed xx

Oh just a question how do I get a ticker to shows bibs progress? Xx

I hope so too hun!the odd period pain here and there is pretty normal as long it s not too much and too frequent!
Click on one of the tickets and it will take you to a webside you can make them. Once you create it you want the code for BB. Copy that and then paste it in your signature (control panel, left side, edit signature) hope it works!!!

Hey sorry haven't replied been flat out with wedding plans lol I had another episode of extreme pain and bleeding the other du but passed no tissue I have another scan at 9 in the morning and have another blood test an get results on friday so praying they have gone up! My bleedi g has slowed down a lot now only just going on to the pad which I am happy about.. How are you going now?? X

Ow i m so sorry for the new episode and pain but hopefully yor scan tomorrow will be super good!i think the scan should be more conclusive by this point than the hcg results!
I m off for another scan tomorrow so not a lot to tell you, no bleeding thank God so i m wishing everything will be perfect tomorrow and we can put in the cerclage!i ll update you hopefully with good news tomorrow!and will be waiting to hear from you too!good luck,say helli to bubs!

Hey hun did you have your scan yet? We went to the doc today, bubs is fine and thank God all blood is gone so we ll be proceding with the cerclage on saturday! I m soooo excited and nervous at the same time!!!waiting for your news!xx

hope you are still doing well. i have bicornuate uterus and have 2 children, now found myself carrying 3rd one last week. my experience wasnt that simple like nomal pregnancy, but i was able to carry 1st one til 38 weeks then i had my organ injury. it healed, no problem!! my 2nd, it was difficult, emergency visits from 27 weeks, but i kept him til 35 weeks!! only 1 week in nicu, he is now so tall and powerful!!
am i worried about myself being pregnant again with my abnomal uterus........ answer is yes. but i also know that i need to take care of myself better, take it easy on myself. because our babies are feeling uncomfortable in such small space. to keep them in us longer, moms need to take care of ourselves. thats the way to go, i believe.

Hey everyone. Hope you and babies are all well.
I have a bicornuate uterus too which they found at my 12 week scan, got sent straight to the consultant and he confirmed it but couldn't say how bad it was. I haven't seen him since but have an appointment with him tomorrow so hopefully I will find out if our little lady is getting squashed or not and how my uterus is behaving!!! I just want to know now coz after nearly 20 weeks of being so unsure of what is happening, it will be good to hopefully get some answers. X x x

Princess-thanks so much for the encouraging story, it so lifts my spirits...38weeks is full term and 35 is almost there!!!where your two in opposite horns?cause i thought after the first the uterus is already stretched out so subsequent one should hold for longer...whatever it is you have a very food outcome chance so i bet and hope this 3rd pg will reach 40 weeks!!!let us know how it goes!btw did you ever have to put in a cerclage??

Victorial-wow it must have been a surprise at 12 weeks!!!how have you been doing throughout the pg? I think now at 31 weeks you are kind if out of the woods cause even if touch wood baby was to be born now it would be relatively safe!!keep your checks regular and make sure your doc measures your cervix length every time!and also take comfort in so manu success stories...princess with 38 & 35 weeks, myself with 38+4... And sooooooo many other nice stories...my doc told me yesterday he recently had a woman with bu that went overdue!!!!good luck hun and let us know how it goes...only 6 weeks to full term..if you have to ...stat in bed and rest, you ll meed it anyways afterwards!!!!xxx

Again sorry for the typos ladies, stupid bed rest and i phone dont match!!

Back from my consultant appointment and everything looks fine. Baby is growing perfectly. There isn't a great deal of fluid around her and she is breech so I am back in 4 weeks to see if she is still the same way or not, if she is then it will be a c-section. He doesnt sound overly hopeful that she will turn though but we will see.
Feel a bit better now I've had my appointment and he even made a comment on just how active she was haha, little monkey :) x x x

i was told that i had bicornuate uterus throughout 2 pregnancies, but then when i had 2nd c-sec, dr checked my organs all out of my body and i was also told, my right side of uterus was undeveloped, niether i dont have right ovary. i think it is hard to tell exact by sonogram, also i think those abnomal uterus shapes all different. i cant blame dr for not to be able to tell me exact without opening my tummy up....... i know they try best for our lives, and if you ever dought dr, then we should search another dr to get second opinion. it is our responsibility.

at this time, i am not sure if i can keep this baby. i love to, but the society is tough.......... my current insurance doesnt cover pregnancy. and i also got refused by xxxxxx insurance due to my pre-condition. i am applying for another insurance to cover me well for emergency visits, extra office visits, preterm baby care (nicu). but they could say NO to me due to my previous pregnancies. i feel so unfair........ my husband and i are taxpayers!! i dont smoke, i dont drink heavily, i am in great shape, i cook healthy food all the time, and i didnt choose to have this uterus when i was born!! life is not easy......... will see how it goes with insurance........

Victorial-i m so happy your baby girl is doing great!!!dont worry just yet about her being bearch...my son was breach too at 31 weeks but eventually turned head down and we were able to deliver him naturally and fairly quickly (5hours from when my waters broke) everything will be great ans if you think about it next time you see your doc you ll be only 2 weeks away from complete full term!yayayayay

Princessmay- i am so sorry your stupid insurance wont cover the pregnancy, especially since you ve delivered 1 full term and 1 healthy baby...it sucks...hope you can figure this out and keep the pregnancy if this is of course what you want. If we assume no nicu, is it too expensive to pay for the rest?

i think it still be a lot of money. normal c-sec will be about $8000-$9000 but with my possible organ injury, will be more. emergency visit each time at least cost a patient $400-$500 then we are pregnant so they do treat us something special, pls sonogram. sonogram without insurance runs about $300-$450 i was told at my local hospital. and extra office visits is perhaps $300 each time at least. i think it is nightmare.......... but if i can get this particular insurance, i pay $487/m (high!!) and estimated total cost for 8 months is only about $5000.

we own small business, and that is why i cant get insurance individually with my pre-condition. they will refuse me........ so we have to go through very tricky way to get insurance through small business plan. and of course, we stuck with high monthly pymt.

tomorrow, i will see a dr without insurance for first pregnancy visit. it includes basic sonogram and costs me about $700 pls. the purpose to do this for me is that, i will ask new dr's opinion about risk of my 3rd pregnancy, and find out how far i am as well. then if there are lot of hope, i will apply insurnace, see if they accept me.......

Ow hun i m so sorry everything sounds soooooo expensive...i ll keep my fxed for you and hope that the stupid insurance with accept taking on the cost for this pg...and of course that your scan goes really well! Is it not possible to go into public services?i mean what do people that dont have this kind of money do?so sad and frustrating...where about are you,health services sound ridiculous

Hey how are you going? My scan unfortunately did not being good news I have miscarried and passed my baby tonight I am devastated and fell empty and lost :( but I wish all you lovely ladies all the best with everything and wish you happy and healthy 9 months xx <3

Owowww littlemama i am so so sorry for your loss hun, it s unfair and devastating...i know you must be feeling terrible now but the only thing i can tell you is to take time to grieve and time will make it easier to handle. I know it s easier said than done but i swear you will feel better with time...after my first mc i felt dead inside but day in day out it became easier to accept what had happened..i really hope you ve fot all rhe support possible and soon you ll have your rainbow baby again and his or her brother or sister will be looking after it from heaven. Pm me if you ever need to talk or anything hun or if you just want to vent. Lots of hugs your way

saw a dr this morning, she thinks i am about 7weeks 6 days pls/mns 5 days. i was also told i should expect preterm delivery due to my previous pregnancies, as well as it will be c-sec. she will wait another exam for my uterus due to my insurance situation. the baby is in left side of my uterus, there is nothing but something tissue like on my right side of uterus.

when i saw that tiny little heart beat again on the screen, i felt like i am a murder to stop that heart beat. i know my organs were about ready to shut down cuz i didnt know baby was coiming out with my 2nd baby at 35 weeks and the danger of my life, i didnt want to repeat. but me without trying my best for the baby. my insurance situation is so tough, but my husband and i will try our best to get this insurance going for this new miracle life even my risk is high.

i dont know where you live but here in america, many things are not fair from my point of view. i am legal alien, tax-payer, our children are well-educated(a yr advnaced in private school), own small business etc etc, but for some reason, in america, lots of illegal aliens are on welfare, government money, and they even get to the FREE medical. i dont understand......

hope you are feeling great with your baby!!

Hey princessmay, i m so glad you decided to fight to get your insurance to cover your little miracle despite the risks involved...i understand this is a very difficult situation but as long as you try you wont regret it later on. I live in greece and things are a little different here...you can go private which is about 4500euros for the doc and the hospital for 4 nights and then the big scans are about 100-150 euros each. Smaller scans i dont pay for cause i have them at my docs office. If someone decided to go to public services then the scan are free and the birth,4 nights in hospital and doc cost about 1000 euros. So completely different situation here even though we are meant to be the worst country ever at this point!
Anyway i hope you really get that insurance and take good care of your self.
I had my cerclage put in yesterday but when i woke up i was in so much pain i was crying.i m in bed since and the pain has eased off even though i still have some blood.hopefully this will mark the end of my worries until my rainbow baby comes in june!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->