UV Gel Nails....

missbabypo

Mummy to Riley and Bump!
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I paid an old school friend to do a set of gel polish for me. I only paid her £10 but I was appalled at how she did them. I decided I could do better so brought all the stuff and have to say I think mine are better lol. I'm doing a friends next week, obviously not charging as I don't have any training but I'm really looking forward to seeing if I can do it on someone other than myself :)

Here is the set I paid for after washing my hands once. The colour was patchy, she hadn't covered the whole nail, it had chipped at the tips and the next day I was able to just pull it off in strips
544453_172418232944615_1705789224_n.jpg

Here are the set I did myself after numerous hand washings and 2 showers
1170687_176311179221987_1939560253_n.jpg

yeah your is miles better! Gel nails are only as good as the person doing em - I had a disaster once n it chipped the same night, but I went another place and it lasted 3 weeks!

She spent the whole time moaning while she was doing them as well, I know she is a friend but I was really disappointed with the whole thing. I've just brought some more colours so going to stick to doing them myself. They make take longer but they look a damn sight better as well x

Yeah, yours are way better. I don't do gel nails because everytime I had them done, they lifted within 3 days (and gel nail polish is supposed to last at least 2 weeks) and my nails were brittle afterwards. So I just stick with regular polish now.

I had some shellac a while ago and absolutely loved it. But getting it off was a nightmare. I stupidly peeled one off and it destroyed my nail. Unless I could afford to go every few weeks and get it all done professionally its not worth it for me.

yours definitely looks better! btw which brand are you using at home?

It stuff from ebay. Wish I had got a stronger lamp though so it didn't take as long lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->