Vaccine Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
some people seem to really not understand that vaccinated children can still catch these illnesses and can still pass them on.....

my oh was vaccinated but he still caught measles and was very ill

Exactly, many people here seem to think vaccines are 100% successful, they are not. I have already mentioned my sister developed whooping cough despite having the vaccine and she didn't have it mildly either. I have had rubella twice since having the MMR (and I grew up when the MMR was just being introduced so I had the single vaccines also). Both times confirmed as being rubella by the GP; my sister was pregnant on one of those occasions and the GP confirmed that yes; if she was not herself immune to rubella, and even some of those who have been vaccinated are not, then it would be extremely risky to her unborn baby. xx

On Suing: Doesnt matter if it's been done before, I am certain I can be the first.

So glad I don't know people like you in IRL, and I DO vaccinate. You have an awful attitude. This is making me really angry actually so I'm out!

some people seem to really not understand that vaccinated children can still catch these illnesses and can still pass them on.....

Exactly, many people here seem to think vaccines are 100% successful, they are not. I have already mentioned my sister developed whooping cough despite having the vaccine and she didn't have it mildly either. I have had rubella twice since having the MMR (and I grew up when the MMR was just being introduced so I had the single vaccines also). Both times confirmed as being rubella by the GP; my sister was pregnant on one of those occasions and the GP confirmed that yes; if she was not herself immune to rubella, and even some of those who have been vaccinated are not, then it would be extremely risky to her unborn baby. xx

my brother and sister had whooping cough and were vaccinated, i was only afew weeks old at the time and didnt catch it.

luckly im immune to rubella but im not immune to chicken pox lol ive had it twice :dohh:

Lemme put it this way for those who think I am rude:

Almost every day I see a post about someone's sister in law bringing their sick kid around their newborn and saying how rude that is.

No one thinks they are wrong when they have a shitfit about it. So why am I wrong for having a shitfit for the possibility someone is going to bring their measles, mumps or rubella infected child out in public before they are showing symptoms, then rub their hands on a shopping cart, who someone else touches, then grabs the box of cereal i am gonna buy?

You think that people who bring sick kids around infants are rude, but I am rude for thinking the same?

Ladies I'm really interested to know,this isn't to cause friction at all,it's a genuine question coming from someone who is pro vaccine...

Why r we vaccinating if our kids can still get what we are vaccinating them from? Does the vaccine stop it being as harsh or something? Reading both sides of the argument I can understand everyones opinions and it's raised a few questions in my mind xx

100% effective, no. But 99% effective? Effective enough we don't have polio anymore? Yep.

There is a reason kids don't die from scarlet fever, polio, small pox, measles and mumps very much anymore....its call vaccines.

you really are being dramatic! a none vaccinated child doesnt just carry these illnesses around, u do understand that dont u?

a vaccinated child could do that but u dont expect them to stay home?

vaccines erradicate diseases. if everyone vaccinated, there wouldn't be a problem anymore.

See above statement about polio.

No, that's not what you're asking for. You are asking to know every child's vaccine status. You are acting as if the only child who could give your child measles, mumps or rubella are unvaccinated kids. That is wrong, it could be any kid. And then to threaten to sue...as if you'd actually have a leg to stand on. You can't prove who got your kid sick, and it's not like there would have been intent. Are you going to go around suing every family at school when your kid comes down with a stomach bug or the flu? Kids get sick, we as parents do what we feel is best to keep them healthy. For my kids that's to not vaccinate them and build their immune system in natural ways. Doesn't make them less of a person, doesn't make them deserve less rights, and doesn't make them any more of a risk than the next kid that comes along.

I agree with you that people shouldn't bring their sick kids around newborns, or anyone else for that matter. But that goes for both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Lemme put it this way for those who think I am rude:

Almost every day I see a post about someone's sister in law bringing their sick kid around their newborn and saying how rude that is.

No one thinks they are wrong when they have a shitfit about it. So why am I wrong for having a shitfit for the possibility someone is going to bring their measles, mumps or rubella infected child out in public before they are showing symptoms, then rub their hands on a shopping cart, who someone else touches, then grabs the box of cereal i am gonna buy?

You think that people who bring sick kids around infants are rude, but I am rude for thinking the same?

You are being rude because one fallacy after another pours from your (hands?). You are speaking about children being locked up and throwing away the key. The way you are presenting your argument is rude, not what it's about.

What is false about what I am saying exactly? that not vaccinating your kid puts them at vastly higher risk of carrying a deadly disease? That it puts them at risk of passing those diseases to other kids who aren't old enough or medically cannot be vaccinated? That vaccines are the reason we don't have these diseases anymore? That the risk of vaccination is lower than the risk of infection and having one of these diseases? That I could find a lawyer to take my case of some 10 year old with measles coughed all over my 6 week old and gave it to him?

Ladies I'm really interested to know,this isn't to cause friction at all,it's a genuine question coming from someone who is pro vaccine...

Why r we vaccinating if our kids can still get what we are vaccinating them from? Does the vaccine stop it being as harsh or something? Reading both sides of the argument I can understand everyones opinions and it's raised a few questions in my mind xx

Yes usually the argument is that a child who is vaccinated may still be contagious but they themselves will suffer less severely from effects from the illness xx

100% effective, no. But 99% effective? Effective enough we don't have polio anymore? Yep.

There is a reason kids don't die from scarlet fever, polio, small pox, measles and mumps very much anymore....its call vaccines.

Kids don't die (often) from these diseases because of medical advancements in treating them, because of nutrition, because of sanitation and also because of vaccines. It's not all about vaccines.

Vaccines aren't even 99% effective...I think you need to do some more research. MMR is around 95% effective, some are only 70% effective...I want to say I read that one was even lower than that but now I can't remember off the top of my head I'll have to go back and look to remember the exact number and which vaccine it was...but it was a routine childhood vaccine.

A child with measles vaccinated or not vaccinated would not be out and about to even "cough all over" your child/baby.

Im really trying hard to bite my tounge.

Even 95% or 70% is a hell of a lot better than 0%.

Vaccines are a HUGE part of why we don't have these diseases killing kids anymore.

If autism is your fear with MMR, what about brain damage from fever from one of these diseases? Or other organs? Trust me, being half blind is not fun.

A child with measles vaccinated or not vaccinated would not be out and about to even "cough all over" your child/baby.

They would be if they were not showing symptoms yet. Or if the parent misinterpreted those symptoms as something benign.

my brother and sister had whooping cough and were vaccinated, i was only afew weeks old at the time and didnt catch it.

luckly im immune to rubella but im not immune to chicken pox lol ive had it twice :dohh:

Yes the older style whooping cough vaccine did have a higher failure rate. Also there are iffy batches of vaccines all the time; that don't offer proper protection, either due to a manufacturing fault or incorrect storage- some of these are discovered and the kids recalled and revaccinated but we cannot expect them to find every single batch or to be able to track down every child affected...

They would be if they were not showing symptoms yet. Or if the parent misinterpreted those symptoms as something benign.

which would be more likely if a child was vaccinated and thus the parents wrongly believed that these symptoms are mild and also their child cannot pass this to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back